Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

SEPTEMBER 2019 Moms

1. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@youboots: I'm really glad you found a provider you like!!

@JennyPenny: How's the nausea been?

Provider related: I was with a midwifery group with DD (they deliver at the hospital) and I loved them. It was 4 midwives and I really liked them all. Since then, one of the midwives left and they added a bunch of new ones, so there are 8 total. I'm a doula and have worked with 2 of the newer ones at births and haven't been thrilled with them. I had my very favorite midwife at my last appointment and mentioned to her I was thinking of maybe switching practices because I liked the more personalized feel, and she offered to "special" me, aka see me exclusively and then even if she's not on call she'll switch shifts or get office coverage to be at my birth. I'm SO happy and excited about this and feel so lucky.

ETA: My NIPT results should also be in in time for my Friday appt!!

2. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@IRunForFun: it’s mostly the same. The preggie pops seem to be helping and I’ve more or less surrendered to a less than ideal diet. I searched through my due date board for DS1 and found that it let up at 12 weeks with him. 4 more weeks sounds like a lot, but it should correspond with some nice weather so hopefully I’ll be able to be healthy and active then.

So for your midwife does that mean she won’t have any other patients due around the same time as you? That’s pretty cool to be guaranteed to have someone you like. And that’s so exciting for your NIPT results! I’m still 9 days away from my first appt. Hurry up time!!

3. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

Where are you located?: Vancouver, Canada
    • EDD: based on lmp, September 27th
    • How far along are you?: around 7 weeks
    • Is this your 1st child?: 3rd
    • When is your 1st doctor appointment?: TBD
    • Any symptoms so far?: Feeling very sick. Morning sickness that lasts all day.
    • Who have you told?: DH and 2 friends

This pregnancy has already been a rollercoaster of emotions. Last week I had blood work done and the beta HCG got me worried. First draw at 27000 was very promising, second came in at 35000. I was convinced it was over as it didn't double (turns out at such a high starting number, it doesn't double every 48hrs) Went for an ultrasound yesterday to confirm viability and was SHOCKED that there was a healthy heartbeat of 165. Cried tears of joy on the ultrasound table, was grateful for a kind and understanding tech.

4. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Autumnmama79: Congratulations and welcome! Ugh what a story. I'm glad you got good news in the end. Sounds like we're all feeling pretty crummy these days but hopefully the 2nd trimester brings some relief for us all.

5. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

September 2019 Mamas

Sep 2: IRunForFun (#2) - 11w2d
    Sep 2: BananasAreYellow (#3) - 11w2d
    Sep 4: Jellyfish (#2) - 11w0d
    Sep 4: DanaH725 (#1) - 11w0d
    Sep 9: SouthernGothamCityMama (#3) - 10w2d
    Sep 15: youboots (#2) - 9w3d
    Sep 15: ModernDayJibarita (#2) - 9w3d
    Sep 25: JennyPenny (#3) - 8w0d
    Sep 27: Autumnmama79 (#3) - 7w5d

6. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@JennyPenny: Thanks! And thanks for adding me to the list. Sounds silly but even though feeling sick sucks it gives me some reassurance. Yes, the second tri should hopefully bring relief all around!

7. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@Autumnmama79: Welcome, and congrats!! I'm so glad everything is turning out well after that roller coaster.

@JennyPenny: My midwife will still see patients regularly and obviously if she happens to be on call when I'm in labor then we won't have to make special arrangements for her to be there and she'll be helping other women at the same time as me, just like she normally would. But even if she's NOT on call, she said to tell the after-hours service to contact her when I'm in labor and she'll come in. Does that make sense?

Have my appt tomorrow, so nervous/excited!

8. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@IRunForFun: Ah, yes - that makes much more sense So you'll get the results at your appointment tomorrow? So exciting!

9. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@IRunForFun: Thanks! So lucky to be getting special arrangements from the midwife you really like - what a good feeling. Care during pregnancy and delivery is SO important and it must be nice to know she's got your back

Good luck at your appt!

10. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@JennyPenny: Yep! Just called to confirm and they definitely have them! Eek!

@Autumnmama79: Thank you!!

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@IRunForFun: Wishing you a great appointment today!

12. SouthernGothamCityMama

coffee bean / 39 posts

Had my blood draw appt today for my NIPT. My OB said I’d know results (and gender) in 5-7 business days.

Started to feel really horrible yesterday afternoon. Coughing so badly I kept coughing into a puke. (Gross right?) chills aches headache sore throat. My OB sent me straight from her office to a different dr office where I found out I have strep and flu strain A.

With so much to do at work plus fun weekend plans that are now canceled plus fear of what fever can mean for a almost 11 week old fetus, I’ve been a feeling sorry for myself emotional mess.

I started tamiflu. Anyone have any experience of how long I should feel this bad?

13. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@SouthernGothamCityMama: Oh no, I'm so sorry you're so sick! I haven't caught the flu in recent memory (knock on wood) and I think it varies so much depending on the strain. One piece of advice I do have though is to pay attention to whether breathing gets difficult since pneumonia is a complication of flu and you'd want to have that treated asap.

14. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@SouthernGothamCityMama: Ughhhhh I'm so sorry. I am not sure about how long you'll feel crappy, but I have heard Tamiflu really does shorten duration and severity, so fingers crossed. And the antibiotics for strep should kick in within 24 hours!

15. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@JennyPenny: Thank you!!

Had a great appointment!! Heard the heartbeat on the doppler again, NIPT results were all low risk, and we are having a second GIRL!

16. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@IRunForFun: aww, yay!!! Congratulations!

17. SouthernGothamCityMama

coffee bean / 39 posts

@IRunForFun: yay!!! Congratulations!

Also our first gender reveal!

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

September 2019 Mamas

Sep 2: IRunForFun (#2 ) - 11w4d
    Sep 2: BananasAreYellow (#3) - 11w4d
    Sep 4: Jellyfish (#2) - 11w2d
    Sep 4: DanaH725 (#1) - 11w2d
    Sep 9: SouthernGothamCityMama (#3) - 10w4d
    Sep 15: youboots (#2) - 9w5d
    Sep 15: ModernDayJibarita (#2) - 9w5d
    Sep 25: JennyPenny (#3) - 8w2d
    Sep 27: Autumnmama79 (#3) - 8w0d

Now with gender

19. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Good morning! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was nice and relaxing. I actually got a lot of sleep and it helped me feel so much better. This week is going to be crazy for me though. I have my first appointment (FINALLY!) on Thursday and I can't wait to hopefully get some peace of mind that everything's going okay. I've also got some big meetings and we'll be finding out if my son got into the magnet school we want for him for K next year. *fingers crossed* this week is full of good news

20. SouthernGothamCityMama

coffee bean / 39 posts

I had a slow weekend. My husband was a superstar and did everything (including taking the kids to Sesame Street Live one day and to the children’s art museum today) while I worked on feeling more human. I think I’m better now—albeit with a gross lingering cough and I’m just so tired. Thank god it was a three day weekend. Now just to get through the four day week and get caught up on the missed work.

@jennypenny excited to hear you’ve finally got your first appointment. Let us know how it goes!

21. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@JennyPenny: yay for your appointment!

I’m still getting sick. But we are going to go out of town for the weekend without DD. It will be our last chance before baby comes.

My mom is coming in from across the country and we are going to tell her Wednesday.

We told DD tonight and she said ‘Wow’ and then acted like a maniac and rolled around on the floor. She’s been really silly tonight. She seems to get it and I’m glad we had the photo to show her. She kissed and patted my belly- which she does normally when she hugs/greets me because that’s the height she’s at- but she seemed intentional about saying there is a baby in there.

22. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@IRunForFun: Congrats on the appt and the little girl!!

@SouthernGothamCityMama: Glad you're feeling a bit better and thank goodness DH kept the littles busy all weekend!

@JennyPenny: Yay for a relaxing weekend! Two more days until your appointment, are you hoping the doc will listen for the heartbeat or will they give you an ultrasound there?

@youboots: What a sweet reaction from DD So exciting you get to go for a kid-free weekend away, where will you go?

I spent the weekend in bed, this all day morning sickness has been absolutely brutal. I considered asking for diclectin but ultimately decided that having this terrible sickness actually provides some reassurance. If the symptoms were to vanish I may begin to worry about another loss... Back at work today and just praying that I make it through.

23. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@SouthernGothamCityMama: Ugh, sick when pregnant is always the worst. I hope you get all the way better soon.

@youboots: That's so exciting! We'll tell DS this weekend assuming everything goes well at the appt on Thursday. I'm so nervous about how it's going to go.

@Autumnmama79: They've always done an ultrasound at the first appointment in the past so I expect to be able to see a heartbeat I'm sorry you're feeling so badly, but I hear you on the symptoms providing reassurance. It's a terrible worry cycle.

In other news, we found out today that my son didn't get into the magnet school we wanted Not the best way to start off the week, but hopefully everything else goes smoothly from here.

24. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@JennyPenny: Sorry about the school. What is a magnet school?

25. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Autumnmama79: I'm not sure if it means different things in different states - but here it's where you have really good schools with strong academic programs that are situated in lower SES neighborhoods. The idea is that the unique academic programs encourage diversity by bringing in students from outside the base area. And the programs vary by school so we have some that are play-focused, Montessori, International Baccalaureate, language immersion, etc. So we were excited for it for our son because of the academic program and just having a diverse student body which we value. In our district it's all part of the public school system and its a lottery if you get in.

26. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@JennyPenny: Interesting! I'm in Canada, we don't have these sort of schools. There are high schools which offer baccalaureate programs but not at the elementary level.

What is your second choice?

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Autumnmama79: Yeah, schools vary so much depending on where you live and I think the extensive options we have are even pretty rare. There's actually a charter school that we also applied to - we'll find out about that next month. I don't know if you have charter schools, but those are basically public schools that can operate without a lot of the oversight that typically is required. So they can set their own way of doing things and be very flexible. The one we applied to is a Montessori school. But it's also a lottery and they usually get 8-900 applicants for 70 spots, so it's pretty unlikely. Since we didn't get into magnet we were automatically assigned to our neighborhood school. It's a fine school, just nothing special and not too diverse.

28. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@JennyPenny: No charter schools here either, though I have heard them mentioned in the media and on HB! Here we have public and private - thats it. I am a teacher in the public system as well. Typically, children attend their neighbourhood school and they are very diverse in terms of population (at least where we live). As a teacher and a parent I really believe that while the school is important, the most important thing is that my children love going to school and have positive experiences around learning, both social and academic. So much of the impact on child development comes from the home. All that to say, I'm sorry you didn't get your first choice of school for DS and hope he has a wonderful start in the fall!

29. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@Autumnmama79: Thanks And I agree with you 100% that home environment and having positive learning experiences are what are most important at this stage. I work in Ed Tech and as part of my job spend a lot of time in different schools in my area and its crazy the difference between schools here. I'm really grateful that at least my neighborhood school is good and I don't doubt that my son will do well there. I would love an opportunity to explore Canadian schools sometime too. I get a general sense that you guys have everything (parental leave, medical care, etc) figured out much better than we do here and I'd love to just see how your schools differ as well.

30. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@youboots: Where are you going or did you go without DD?? I hope you had a great time and the morning sickness didn't ruin things.

@JennyPenny: Oh man, I'm sorry about the school. Those chances are so slim with that many entries, jeez! Do you get to enter the lottery each year and switch if you get in, or is it a one shot thing? I hope your appt goes great this week!

@Autumnmama79: Oh my gosh you poor thing. Do you think if you have a reassuring scan you'll feel comfortable asking for meds after that? You deserve to feel better!

31. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

As for me, had the NT scan today and the midwife said all the measurements were great and baby girl looked perfect! She was bouncing up and down and waving and kicking. The midwife said that combined with low risk NIPT results is pretty much as close to 100% they can predict for a healthy baby. Oh and placenta is posterior (was anterior last time) and she said that what I was feeling really might be early movements.

Got excited and bought a bunch of maternity clothes so I can feel cute!

32. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@SouthernGothamCityMama: Oops, missed you. Hope your cold is totally better by now!

33. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@IRunForFun: woah! You’re feeling movement already!? That’s incredible! And I’m glad you got good results at the NT scan. For my sons school, we can try and apply every year. DH and I haven’t talked about if we’ll go that route or not. I guess it depends on how we feel about the neighborhood school after the first year.

I’m also getting so excited but also anxious for my appt tomorrow. I’m so glad it’s first thing in the morning otherwise I would get 0 work done. 😬

34. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@IRunForFun: I’m not sure if I’ll have a scan before twelve weeks and by then it could be all better lol

Congrats on your amazing scan!! It sounds absolutely perfect in every way. I feel you on the maternity clothes, am getting close to needing them too. Am pretty much in leggings and dresses now.

35. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@JennyPenny: Well sometimes at night or if I'm really still I feel little pops and swishes and it feels like the early movement I had with my daughter. I asked about it today and she said it could be!

@Autumnmama79: Thank you! I've been wearing maternity leggings for a few weeks haha.

36. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Great appointment! Baby was moving around like crazy and we were able to see a lot more detail than I expected. Baby was also measuring 6 days ahead which is crazy cause I’m pretty confident about my dates (temping and OPKs) DS2 measured big all along and then was fairly big at birth. We’ll see what happens I guess.

37. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@JennyPenny: Woohoo!!! Hello cutie baby!! Congrats!!!

38. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@JennyPenny: Yay!! Congrats on such an amazing ultrasound Looks pretty perfect in that pic!

39. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

Mom Moms flight has a weather delay so no Toronto for us. 😭 hopefully we can get away for a night locally this weekend.

My AMA ultrasound is 3/1 and I have an appointment with my midwife 3/4.

DD also outed is to MIL who has a hard time keeping things to herself. We were on the phone in the car. “Mommy has a baby in her belly” oh well we were going to tell her soon since we will be headed back to the West Coast in less than 2 weeks. I’m just not ready to tell everyone yet.

40. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@JennyPenny: hey buddy! Wow!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee