Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

SEPTEMBER 2019 Moms

1. SouthernGothamCityMama

coffee bean / 39 posts

@JennyPenny: my OB (who is amazing) just mentioned in passing it “would be another c since the first two were” and I said “oh does it have to be?” And she said “well we can discuss what we want to do if you go into labor naturally but yes very likely.” That was the extent of the discussion really.

So I would say that of course I’ll bring it up again. But it sorta seemed like a no.

2. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@SouthernGothamCityMama: Ah, interesting. I guess its not a definite, but I agree with your assessment. At least it takes some of the mental debate out? My scheduled c-section ended up being pretty positive and was really convenient with already having kids, which is the only reason I haven't totally ruled it out next time.

3. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

September 2019 Mamas

Sep 2: IRunForFun (#2) - 8w4d
    Sep 2: BananasAreYellow (#3) - 8w4d
    Sep 4: Jellyfish (#2) - 8w2d
    Sep 4: DanaH725 (#1) - 8w2d
    Sep 9: SouthernGothamCityMama (#3) - 7w4d
    Sep 12: youboots (#2) - 7w1d
    Sep 15: ModernDayJibarita (#2) - 6w5d
    Sep 25: JennyPenny (#3) - 5w2d

4. SouthernGothamCityMama

coffee bean / 39 posts

@JennyPenny: yeah true. Would definitely make childcare for my older two easier to plan for and manage. Although I didn’t make it to the scheduled C-section date with my daughter. So I still had a childcare scramble for my son. (But it was fine—a friend came over right away.)

And also having had two csections im not scared of them the way I was the first time. (I was terrified but then recovery was ok.)

So I’m slightly disappointed but not devastated or anything. And I’m not someone who is going to push back hard against medical advice—especially coming from a doctor I trust like I trust mine (I switched to her when my former ob moved to california bc my doctor had trained her. My ob has a teaching position at the hospital and handles high risk and regular risk patients. Plus she is just all around great—she’s a mom of three herself and has several times made early morning appointments for me just Bc she is so awesome and flexible—she met me this morning at 7:15 when she doesn’t even start seeing patients normally before 8 am. Basically I love her and if you need a NYC ob I highly recommend her.)

5. ModernDayJibarita

apricot / 259 posts

In a surprising turn of events. Ended up in the ER for abdominal pain on Wednesday. They ran betas and they were only 72, was sent home because they wouldn't have seen anything on an ultrasound. Went to OB that afternoon, they ran another set of betas 6 hrs after the first and they were at 84. Went in today for a 48hr draw and will get results on Monday which will determine next steps.

What is apparent is that I am NOT 7 weeks pregnant. I'm probably 3-4 weeks at best or I'm having an ectopic pregnancy.

I got my period Jan 5, took Clomid Jan 7-11, positive OPKs Jan 14-17 and then got a positive FRER & digital pregnancy test Jan 20 so I don't know WTF is up with my body.

6. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@SouthernGothamCityMama: Not to complicate matters, especially since you love your doctor, but if you really want a VBAC, you should be able to find a provider who is supportive of that. As a doula I've attended VBACs for clients who have had 2 c-sections. Do you have a local ICAN chapter? They're a great resource!

7. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@youboots: Just the one in there though??

8. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@ModernDayJibarita: Oh man, I'm so sorry you're in limbo. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

9. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ModernDayJibarita: So weird! I can see getting a positive HPT around the 17th and still being only 4 weeks pregnant now. But I don't see how that lines up with your last period. Good luck getting answers

@IRunForFun: You're a doula!? That's so cool. I imagine you have so many interesting perspectives on labor/childbirth.

10. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@IRunForFun: just one. It was reassuring to be seen. And we are going to tell my sister in person next weekend so I’m glad we have more information.

11. SouthernGothamCityMama

coffee bean / 39 posts

@IRunForFun: that’s really awesome that you’re a doula. You’ve sent me on an internet search. Looks like the Manhattan ican chapter was started in 2012 but it’s website (FB) doesn’t seem still active.

I’ll definitely discuss with my doctor. But again very inclined to trust my doctor. So will research and ask question but ultimately give her opinion a lot of weight.

12. SouthernGothamCityMama

coffee bean / 39 posts

@ModernDayJibarita: this sounds stressful. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

13. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Happy Monday! How was everyone's weekend?

Mine was busy, but mostly uneventful. I did end up telling my boss that I'm pregnant right before heading out on Friday afternoon though. He's a good friend in addition to being my manager and it just felt like it'd be good for him to know. Plus my work BFF is also pregnant and the 3 of us get lunch together almost every day and it was getting hard not to slip up.

14. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@JennyPenny: Glad you had a good weekend! How'd your boss react to the pregnancy?

My weekend was completely uneventful. I got a lot of alone time Saturday afternoon and evening because DH took DD to hang out with friends, so I ordered a pizza and read my book for a few hours. It was great.

I'm 9 weeks today!!

15. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@IRunForFun: He was excited! It was pretty funny actually, cause he says he's always nervous when I go into his office and shut the door cause he's scared I'm saying I'm going to quit. Though in reality I've probably mostly done it when telling him I'm pregnant. So I asked if he had time to talk, went in and shut the door and just did a big smile and he knew immediately and was super happy

And that alone time sounds great. DH is going skiing next week so I'll be solo parenting all week. I need to ask for some alone time in advance and after to make up for it.

16. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Ugh, the nausea has crept in over the last week and doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Last night I couldn't fall asleep because I kept feeling like I might need to run the bathroom. I haven't thrown up yet, but I don't suspect I'll feel better soon since I'm only 6 weeks right now.

17. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@JennyPenny: Ugh I'm sorry. The nausea is the worst! I hope you can find a way to manage it so it doesn't get too bad.

I had some bad cramping wrapping around to my back start up in the middle of the night. I called the midwives and they wanted me to come in to get checked for a UTI. That was negative and then the midwife tried to find the heartbeat with the doppler but couldn't. She said it's probably just too early for the doppler and to come back in 2 weeks. I'm 9+3 and I know that can be early for the doppler but now I'm worried. I wished they'd have offered a scan.

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@IRunForFun: I'm so sorry! I wish they'd offered you an ultrasound too. Waiting 2 weeks sounds like torture. Do you think they might offer one if you called back and asked?

19. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Hows everyone doing?

I'm solo parenting this week and of course DS2 came down with HFM this weekend. Thankfully DH's parents live close by and are rock star ILs so they've been a big help. I also had a magical day yesterday with little nausea or fatigue, but its back today with a vengeance. Already took a 30 minute nap under my desk at work. I'm definitely ready to start feeling better.

20. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@JennyPenny: Oh gosh, not HFM!! That is rough. Hope it doesn't spread to any other family members.

I've been struggling. After the appt I had last week for cramping, I was diagnosed with BV (ew) and have to insert a gel. Today I had more cramping and spotting, so I called the midwife, and she said when I come in for my blood draw for genetic testing tomorrow, they'll listen for the heartbeat. If they don't find it, they'll send me for a scan.

I've also had really bad headaches the past couple days that Tylenol and caffeine aren't touching. I'm just ready to feel better too!!

@SouthernGothamCityMama: @youboots: @ModernDayJibarita: how is everything with you ladies??

21. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@bananasareyellow: and how are you doing?

22. bananasareyellow

cherry / 146 posts

@IRunForFun: I'm good! The fatigue and indigestion are kicking my butt, but I'm 10 weeks now and hopefully in the home stretch of the first trimester blah-ness. Had my first midwife appointment yesterday and got to hear and see baby! Measuring a few days ahead, but keeping my old edd since the earlier scans are more accurate. Just plugging along! Sorry to see about your BV and spotting, but glad you'll get some reassurance soon!

23. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@IRunForFun: 9w tomorrow! I’ve thrown up several times today- day and night.

We told my sister in person in NYC which was nice. They were really excited but we had to head home early because I felt so awful.

24. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@IRunForFun: ugh, that stinks! I hope you feel better soon. I’m glad you’ll get extra assurance tomorrow too. Genetic testing already? So you’ll know the sex in about a week right!? Eeee

@bananasareyellow: @youboots: fingers crossed we all feel better soon. Sounds like pregnancy is not being nice to any of us

25. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@bananasareyellow: I think we have the same due date! I hate indigestion and I keep forgetting whether I took my Zantac. So awesome you got to see a wiggly baby!!!

@youboots: Ugh, I'm sorry, that sounds really rough. Did the OB ever end up giving you anything for the nausea?

@JennyPenny: Yes! I'm 10+2 tomorrow. Sounds like results will take more like 10 to 14 days but still!! Crazy to think we can know the sex this early.

26. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@JennyPenny: it’s been rough.@IRunForFun: yes I have a prescription anti nausea but I can barely eat or function.

27. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@youboots: A friend of mine has had it really bad this time around too. She's due in May so well into her 2nd tri and still feeling awful. What's helped her some is sea bands in addition to the prescription meds. Might be worth a shot?

28. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@youboots: Ugh I'm sorry, that's so rough. Hopefully the second tri will be kind to you.

29. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@IRunForFun: I hope you have a good appointment today. I just realized you'll probably know the sex of your baby before I even have my first viability ultrasound (still 15 days away!)

30. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@JennyPenny: Thank you!! It went really well! They were able to find the heartbeat on the doppler, yay! When I got the blood drawn for the NIPT the card they gave me for the company so you can log in and see your results said "Results in 48 hours!" The nurse said that's a lie, maybe it's 48 hours from the time they start processing the sample, but that takes a while. So more like 2 weeks.

31. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@IRunForFun: Yay! Glad they found the heartbeat. If they told me that I feel like I would end up checking for results like every day for the next few weeks.

32. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@JennyPenny: Oh I will definitely be checking starting on Monday!

33. SouthernGothamCityMama

coffee bean / 39 posts

All— so sorry to hear about all the morning sickness. I’ve been really struggling with nausea but have actually only throw up about 3-4 times this pregnancy—which based on my first two pregnancies is a miracle so I’m grateful. My next appointment is Feb 15th—looking forward to it and will get my blood drawn for the NIPT then too.

34. IRunForFun

pomelo / 5509 posts

@SouthernGothamCityMama: Good to hear from you! Sorry you're struggling with nausea but glad it's not as bad as other pregnancies. Hope your scan and NIPT goes great!

35. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I just ate half a bag of pita chips for lunch cause that was all that sounded tolerable. I felt great all yesterday though. I wish I could find the pattern in when I feel well and when I don't

36. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

One last EDD change- now I’m 9/15. We met with our midwife today and really like her and the practice.

37. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@youboots: Glad you had a good meeting with your midwife today. Did you use a midwife last time?

38. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

September 2019 Mamas

Sep 2: IRunForFun (#2) - 11w1d
    Sep 2: BananasAreYellow (#3) - 11w1d
    Sep 4: Jellyfish (#2) - 10w6d
    Sep 4: DanaH725 (#1) - 10w6d
    Sep 9: SouthernGothamCityMama (#3) - 10w1d
    Sep 15: youboots (#2) - 9w2d
    Sep 15: ModernDayJibarita (#2) - 9w2d
    Sep 25: JennyPenny (#3) - 7w6d

39. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@JennyPenny: no I had an OB- she went on sabbatical then I had an emergency induction for pre e- and my replacement was out of town and I was rotated through 4 sets of staff on 12 hour shifts. It was rough. So I feel like a team of midwives is a better fit. I’m still planning on an epidural and will deliver in a hospital.

40. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@youboots: Ugh, yikes. That sounds super stressful. I can see why you want a change. My practice has a rotation of 5 OBs but they also share with another practice so you never technically know who you're going to get. I've magically had my favorite OB for both my kiddos though. *fingers crossed* I can get lucky again.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee