Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@QueensBee: Yay! Congratualations! Hope Pete is being a good big brother.

@Adira: Awesome about the baked milk challenge. That should make some things easier I guess?

@Adira: @Smurfette: My kid isn't picky about sweets He'd take ALL THE SWEETS. We seriously have to ration it with him. And then some days he'll not have anything sweet at all...

@Smurfette: I bet R and her friends will have a blast!

We'll probably invite B's daycare friends over but I'm not totally set on it yet. I guess I still have 2 months to figure it out.

2. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Probably a good idea to over invite by a few, I'm sure not everyone will make it. How long is the party?

I'm thinking that we'll do 2 hours, 3-5. I think DH is actually going to be into helping with decor too, he had some good ideas already!!

3. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@ALV91711: target has some cute Lego stuff in their party section. But there are so many ideas on pinterest. Amazon has little lego shaped candies too (my SIL got them there for my nephew's party).

4. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: I wish we still had target here. I've seen lego candies at bulk barn.

I'm just so excited that we'll be having a real party this year. The first two were just grandparents.

5. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: This week Isaac has become obsessed with Thomas! It is the only cartoon he wants to watch in the morning and the only books he wants to read at night.

6. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@ALV91711: YES! Xander is obsessed with Thomas!!! If he could, he'd spend the whole day watching it. I've started recording episodes on PBS every day for him so he has a new episode to watch every night. He LOVES it!

7. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: That is a good idea to record them. We watch them on netflix.

@QueensBee: @travellingbee: How are you ladies doing with the new babies and how are the big brothers adjusting?

8. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@ALV91711: L went through a big Thomas phase. Right now it's Dora. Ugh. We also record Thomas, Daniel tiger and curious George so we have new episodes at the ready.

He is doing well as a big brother but has been testing boundaries with us. That hasn't been fun. He's very sweet with his baby though. In thankful he's in daycare because I don't know if I could handle both of them alone for very long yet.

9. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@travellingbee: So glad to hear L is being a good big brother! It melts my heart everytime when I see my two interacting which is often now since J is already one (!) - when did that happen...

@ALV91711: I didn't even know B knew what Thomas is but the other day his daycare teacher told us that he was always having a hard time deciding between the Thomas book and another book when it was his turn choosing a story before naptime.

He is really obsessed with trains though. He has a lot of Brio train tracks and wagons etc. and really enjoys playing with them. And even J is totally enamored.

10. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: 1 already! Wow, that was quick. Isaac doesn't have any train toys, so this is what I'm going to put on his wish list for his birthday.

@travellingbee: Good to hear that he is being a sweet big brother.

11. Adira

@ALV91711: The only problem with recording them is I haven't been able to delete them!! Xander keeps wanting to rewatch them! It's filling up my DVR!!!

@travellingbee: Xander definitely tested boundaries hardcore when we brought Logan home. He was good with Logan, but acted up around us. I was so thankful he was in daycare most of the day during my maternity leave! But it gets better.

12. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Pete was a big Thomas fan for a while. He has a train table, which he plays with daily. It'd definitely the most loved toy in the house! His current favorite show though, is Paw Patrol. He can't get enough of Paw Patrol.

@ALV91711: Pete's adjusting to the role of big brother really well, so far. He's extremely gentle and loving with his sister, constantly checking in on her and giving her sweet kisses. It melts my heart. He calls her "baby sister" most of the time instead of her name, and tells all his friends/teachers about her. He's had a few meltdowns this week, but nothing more than normal. It's definitely a lifesaver to have him at school three days each week though. And I still have his babysitter coming on the two days that he's home to give him extra attention, which helps too.

13. Adira

Ugh, its 9:30 and Xander is still awake.

14. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: What a sweetheart. It is probably good that he still has his regular routine.

@Adira: I hope he is asleep now and gets a good nights sleep.

15. Adira

@ALV91711: Ugh, he was still crying when I went to bed at 10:00!! Hubs stayed up later, so I'm not sure what time he finally fell asleep. I'm not sure if it's because he's sick (he's been vomiting/having diarrhea on and off for a couple days) or if it's something else.

16. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Probably not feeling well didn't help with the bad sleep. I hope he at lease sleeps in.

17. Adira

@ALV91711: He won't really be able to - Hubs will have to get him up to go to daycare so he can get to work on time. But maybe we can try putting him to bed earlier tonight...

18. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I would be glad to not be the one waking him up since he'll probably be grumpy. I'm sure he'll have a good nap and hopefully he'll go to sleep on time if not early tonight.

19. Adira

@ALV91711: haha, yes! I'm glad I didn't have to deal with him this morning. Though maybe I should do bedtime tonight to be fair. Hopefully he sleeps okay tonight!

20. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Awe, I hope he's feeling better. Pete's had a few nights of really late bedtimes, especially when he takes a long nap during the day. It's the worst!

21. Adira

Looks like we're having another rough night. Xander has been crying for 30+ minutes...

22. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: How was he feeling today?

23. Adira

@ALV91711: Ugh, I thought he was all better, but we had another night on him vomiting.

24. Smurfette

@Adira: aww! Poor guy!

25. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: poor guy. Hope he starts to feel better.

26. Adira

@Smurfette: @ALV91711: Thanks ladies! He seemed totally fine during the day, except didn't eat a lot. I have no idea what's going on.

27. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: So odd! I hope he's feeling better soon!

28. Adira

@QueensBee: Thanks!

29. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: I really hope Xander will be back to his own self soon!

30. Adira

@Pumuckl: Thanks!

31. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Any improvement with Xander? Has he been getting to sleep more easily now?

Pete's bit a bit moodier than usual, and I'm sure it has a lot to do with the new baby. He can be laughing one minute, and then angry and hitting the next minute. Then, five minutes later, he'll come to me with an apology and a hug. He usually only acts like this with me- lucky me! I can't tell if this is normal toddler behavior or specific to him, as he tends to be a bit moody and sensitive in general. Overall, he's still doing really well with his little sister but I hope the unexpected hitting stops soon!

32. Adira

@QueensBee: Well, he hasn't SEEMED sick lately, but who knows! As far as going to bed, there's only been a mild improvement there. We now only go in once to check on him after he's gone to bed, but he still cries/whines for a good 30-60 minutes. But now that we're not going back in all the time, it's not two hours, so that's an improvement I guess!

As far as being moody, I think that's normal! And part of the whole turning 3 age. Xander has been like that too!

33. Smurfette

@QueensBee: R is moodier too.
    @Adira: Have you tried pushing bedtime back?

34. Adira

@Smurfette: haha, no, because I really don't want to!

35. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: Hitting is never fun. I think moody is partly due to the age. Isaac has been moody too and it isn't fun.

@Adira: What time does he go to bed?

36. Adira

@ALV91711: 8:00.

37. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: maybe he isn't really tired yet? B doesn't sleep until 8:30pm on a normal daycare day. So he's up at 6:45am, naps at 12pm for 1.5h and goes to sleep at 8:30pm. Long days for us but it also means no bedtime battle. (On days he doesn't nap he's in bed and asleep by 7pm).

38. Adira

@Pumuckl: Ugh, really? I don't want to push bedtime back, but maybe we should...?

39. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: Is he acting tired at all before you move him to bed? Maybe if you let him "read" in his bed for 15-30min it would help? (B would hate that but I have heard of a couple of people doing this and it works for them).

40. Smurfette

@Adira: Yeah R is in her bed by 7:45/8:00 but it is 8:30/8:45 before she goes to sleep. We tried late but she just takes that long to fall asleep. She is up between 6-6:30 lately. And not staying in her room, stupid clock isn't work anymore. Mommy I just miss Daddy and you. I love you. I mean I can't put her back in bed after that.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee