Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@ALV91711: So Xander told me just tonight that Santa was going to bring him flip flops!! I was like "Errr... I doubt it..." Haha - kids are so weird.

2. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Flip flops, that is interesting. Kind of the wrong time of year for those. He'll probably be so excited by his presents that he won't care that he doesn't get them.

3. Adira

@ALV91711: haha, yeah, I don't get it! He was like "Where are my flip flops?" and so I told him they didn't fit anymore and he needed new ones and that the Easter Bunny would probably bring him some, and he goes "No, Santa will bring me new flip flops." LOL!

4. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: LOL on the flip flops. I'd be kind of cool if you got some now I could totally see B saying the same thing! Although he'll take crocs over flip flops any day

5. Adira

@Pumuckl: Yeah, I don't even know why Xander wants flip flops - he didn't ever wear them! He like crocs better too!

6. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: oh you totally have to buy some flip flops for him.

7. Adira

@Smurfette: Really?? I can't just hope he forgets?? I'm afraid to buy flip flops now because I have no idea if his feet will grow before the summer.

8. Smurfette

@Adira: I would just buy a size bigger then he is in now. Ask him tonight what Santa is going to bring him. If he says it again, then yep I would get some.

9. Adira

@Smurfette: Good idea!

10. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: I like @Smurfette: thinking! And I sure hope he knows what flip flops are otherwise there might be a long face on Christmas morning when he gets something he didn't even want By the way, we use our crocs year round in the pool so you could use them for that if you still go swimming with Xander. How's Logan and his nursing strike?

11. Adira

@Pumuckl: I do still go swimming with Xander, but we don't usually wear crocs or anything - just barefoot!

Ugh, nursing strike is still in full force! I had a good cry about it last night, but I'm feeling more normal today. We'll see how tonight goes.

12. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: Yeah we wear shoes around the pool because we actually have to climb stairs so it's extremly slippery! Sorry about nursing! Does he drink BM from a sippy/bottle?

13. Adira

@Pumuckl: Yes, he's been taking a sippy. He probably doesn't drink as much as he was when nursing, but that could just be because we only recently switched to sippies full time.

14. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: Bummer Hope he'll get over it soon. When will you call it quits?

15. Adira

@Pumuckl: I don't know. I so wasn't ready to wean yet. I'll probably keep trying until Christmas... or New Year's... lol. I'm hoping he goes back to it by the end of the week, but if he doesn't, I probably still won't be ready to throw in the towel, so I'll probably give it another week... or two... gahhh.

16. Adira

So I asked about the flip flops and Xander declared that the Easter Bunny would bring him some, NOT Santa! Phew!

17. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: Yay Easter Bunny for the win!

18. Smurfette

@Adira: ha!

19. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Glad Santa is off the hook for flip flops!

20. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Tonight Isaac said something about his Grandma coming for his birthday. I told him yes but it is a few months away. He then tells me his birthday is in March and papa's birthday is in March.

How does he know this?! I was blown away.

21. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Hi everyone!

Holiday season has been busy and hectic around here. I finally started my holiday break/maternity leave on Thursday and can now catch up on HB! We are getting ready to welcome LO#2 in the next few weeks. Pete seems excited about the idea. Yesterday, I could hear him playing with his trains and he had one train say to another, "Well, I can help you. I'm a big brother now." That made me smile!

He's slept in his own bed for the past 3 nights in a row (a record!) and he's finally in a good groove about going to school without crying. Big victories for us!

@Adira: Haha it does make much more sense for the Easter bunny to bring flip flops!

@ALV91711: It's kind of crazy how much they know! After going to a few birthday parties recently, Pete has been talking about his, even though it's months away. He wants there to be a live baby elephant at the party. Haha, yeah right! I bought him a jumbo stuffed animal elephant for Christmas. I hope that's close enough.

22. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: I can't believe you are already on maternity leave. Sounds like Pete is going to be a great big brother.

23. Adira

@QueensBee: Ahhh!!! I can't believe you're on maternity leave! I'm so excited for you! When is your due date? I'm sure Pete is going to be such a good big brother!

24. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@ALV91711: Z keeps inviting everyone she knows to her big Let It Go birthday princess party in February. So, uh, I guess we have to have a party.

@QueensBee: Enjoy your pre-baby leave!

25. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Corduroy: That is too cute! Sounds like a party is definitely in her plans.

26. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@QueensBee: yay! I started my mat leave too and am so ready for #2!! L is super excited. Tonight we did a hospital tour and my mom watched him. She said they were going to come meet us by the hospital and his eyes got all wide and he said, "My baby is coming out now?!" My mom had to tell him not yet and he was bummed.

27. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@travellingbee: I'm glad he is so excited. I can't believe you are on maternity leave too!

I'm excited for more second babies in this group! We are going to talk about TTC #2 after the holiday's and I'm excited but freaked out.

28. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@travellingbee: Love that story! Happy maternity leave to you too! Feels so nice to not worry about commuting and teaching right now!

@ALV91711: @Corduroy: @Adira: Thanks! Due date is January 10th, but Pete came ten days early so I feel like it could be any day!

29. Smurfette

@travellingbee: @QueensBee: both are so cute. They will be great big brothers.

I am getting my IUD out on Tuesday. Of course I should be ovulating around Christmas but DH said we aren't TTC until January. but it is exciting anyway!

We had Christmas with my parents and siblings last night. My parents got her a little trampoline. She loves it. They are bringing it to our house later and I have no clue where it is going to go till we get the basement finished.

30. Smurfette

@Corduroy: that is so cute! I think we are going to do a friend party this year for the first time. Probably at her gymnastics place. Then Sunday have the family party at home.

31. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: So exciting! Good luck with TTC- hoping everything goes smoothly for you!! And keep us updated!

That trampoline looks like so much fun but yes, it is a little huge! Once you find a spot for it, I'm sure it will help get some of that toddler energy out on the really cold days this winter.

@Corduroy: Haha I love that she's already inviting people!

I think we are going to have two small parties for Pete this spring- one with his best friends from the neighborhood (maybe 4 kids total), and one with our immediate family (8 people total). He's been really overwhelmed at the big birthdays we've attended recently. And, since I'll have a 3 month old, I'm happy to keep it small!

32. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Merry Christmas to all of you wonderful ladies and your families. I hope that you have an amazing time with your LO's.

33. Adira

@ALV91711: Merry Christmas (belatedly)!!!

How'd everyone's LOs do over the holidays? It was so fun to have Xander so into it this year. Even Logan seemed into it!! We only managed to get through half the gifts before they wanted to stop and just play with what they had received. Xander received a bunch of Thomas toys, so he was thrilled!

34. Smurfette

R was so into Christmas! She tore open all her gifts at every Christmas. She got a lot of craft stuff which is good cause there isn't a ton of new toys. I organized the playroom and took out of toys while she was at day care. Sending her again today. DH and I are loving having days together just us!

35. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh nice, I didn't realize you guys were off this week! We both took Monday off and sent the kids to daycare too and it was so nice! We went and saw the new Star Wars movie and then just relaxed at home.

Xander's opened all his presents (opened the last one yesterday) and is asking for more. We've created a monster!

36. Smurfette

@Adira: We were off last week too! It has been heaven.

37. Adira

@Smurfette: That's awesome!!

38. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Isaac did good, but it wasn't long before he was tired of opening gifts.

I also think he was a little confused Christmas morning. He thought Santa was going to be here and kept saying that maybe he is outside. It took many times of explaining that Santa just stopped by to leave presents and had to go to other houses too before going home to the north pole.

@Smurfette: That is awesome that you and DH get to have some time to yourself. I wish daycare was open this week. While I'm working DH and Isaac are staying home and having boys days.

39. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Happy New Year, everyone! Hope 2016 is a good one for all!

@Smurfette: @Adira: I'm jealous that your daycares were open this week! Your day dates with husbands sound delightful! Our daycare is closed 12/23-1/5, and DH has been at work too, so it was a long week home with Pete. Although, it's one of our final weeks together, just us, so I've been trying to enjoy it. But still exhausting, for sure!

@ALV91711: We had a really lovely holiday, thanks! My family is Italian so we do the big Christmas Eve dinner and then actual Christmas Day is pretty low key. Pete got really into Santa Claus and swears he saw him flying through the night sky on Christmas Eve!

40. Adira

@ALV91711: haha, that's funny that he was looking for Santa. With Xander, whenever we told him a gift was from Santa, he'd just shout "Thank you, Santa!" like Santa was around somewhere, haha. Of course, he also said "Goodnight Santa" to me the night before, so maybe he already has it all figured out...

@QueensBee: It seems pretty common for daycares to close during that week! Schools are too, so I guess it makes sense. I'm glad ours is open though!! Though being home all week as a family is probably fun too, except exhausting. So cute Pete thought he saw Santa flying about!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee