Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Books are a good idea. I'll have to try that.

2. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Loved reading everyone's Halloween and ToTings stories. This is such a fun age for these holidays and traditions!

Happy weekend to all!

3. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

So today Isaac decided that he needed to stand to pee into his little potty. The first time he did it I explained that he needed to wait until he was bigger but then he had to do it again at bath time to show papa. What a mess!

These last couple days since we got home he has been so messed up with sleep. Our connecting flight was delayed and we didn't get to our house until 11pm Wednesday night, three hours late. He was a trooper though and traveled really good.

We had a fun trip and Isaac had so much fun with his cousin. They are just so cute together and love each other so much. He also only had one accident the whole time we were gone. I was pretty impressed with how well he did.

4. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@ALV91711: Ugh, some of the kids stand to pee at daycare, so then Xander wanted to do it at home too. I was like "Noooooooooo!!!!!" The few times he's done it, he just peed all over his feet. It was a disaster! So impressed with how well Isaac did away! I'm so nervous about taking Xander to my SIL's just for the day on Thanksgiving because he's only ever gone potty at home and at daycare!

So Xander hasn't gained any weight in 2.5 months... I think I need to start feeding him more carbs...

5. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: I think it is normal for them to not gain much weight at this point.
    @ALV91711: @Adira: R sees her friend standing up to pee at school and has tried numerous times at home. Then asks why boys stand up and not girls. Just sit down kid!

6. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh, that's good to hear. I hope it's normal! He's grown in height at least and isn't as short anymore (though still only 6th percentile)!

@Smurfette: @ALV91711: haha, Xander's always telling the girls at school "Point your penis down!" when they are going potty. I've tried to explain that girls have vaginas, and then we got to have a whole dinner conversation with my BROTHER about who at the table had a penis and who has a vagina. AND Xander's decided Logan is a girl and has a vagina like Mama.

7. Smurfette

@Adira: How much does he weigh? DH took R to the doc yesterday and she was 31lbs, with shoes and clothes, so I am guessing she is 29lbs really.
    R asked why her friend at school doesn't have a vagina. Her teacher looked at me and said we didn't teach her that. I laughed and I said I did, not doing the cute names for them. Yesterday she was yelling Mama my vagina doesn't hurt any more. We thought she had a UTI, but thankfully just irritation but the pedi said no more bubble baths. She isn't going to like that.

8. Adira

@Smurfette: He only weighs 26 lbs, with clothes but without shoes.

Hahaha, glad I'm not the only one teaching the kids proper names for things!! His daycare teacher said she was flustered when Xander was trying to tell the girls to point their penis down and that she didn't know what to tell him and I just said that we use the proper terms and she should too, haha.

9. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: @Adira: I use penis and vagina too. Isaac will tell me that him and DH have a penis but that mama doesn't because I'm a girl.

@Adira: I'm sure he will do fine for the day. I brought pull ups and diapers on the trip and for traveling used diapers. But during the day underwear and even playing with his cousin he remembered to say he had to pee.

@Smurfette: That must be messy if she tries to stand up to pee.

So it is pretty much winter here and I'm having a hard time finding winter boots in the right size, ugh. I've only tried a couple stores but no luck yet.

10. Adira

@ALV91711: Hopefully Xander will do well like Isaac! As for boots, I ended up ordering a pair of Sorels off Amazon.

11. Smurfette

@ALV91711: Luckily we catch her before she actually goes. But it is pretty humorous seeing her standing up and trying to figure out how to do it. I think we are finally over that phase.

12. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

We've been using the terms penis & vagina. Last weekend we went to a Friendsgiving. In front of all our childless mostly male friends LO announced "I'm tickling my vagina!" So awkward. At least it made breastfeeding the baby less awkward.

13. Adira

@Corduroy: OMG, haha, these kids are ridiculous!

14. Adira

So I think Xander is learning how to guilt people into doing things, haha. His latest thing is, if he wants you to do something for/with him, he'll say "Mama, you're my best friend!"

15. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Adira: awh, best friend is so cute, and smart.

Z's latest phrase is "Do blah blah blah, OK Missy?!?" It is so hard not to laugh when she says it to DH.

16. Smurfette

@Adira: oh R totally will be like Mama I love you. Can I watch Paw Patrol pleassssssse?

17. Adira

@Corduroy: @Smurfette: haha, these kids are getting too smart! I love it!!

So I received a bunch of the boy's Christmas gifts from Amazon yesterday and now I'm soooooooo ridiculously excited for Christmas this year!!!

18. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

We went to LOs first movie tonight! We saw the peanuts movie and he did great!!!! Stayed in his seat and watched the whole thing! Such a big boy!

19. Smurfette

@travellingbee: fun! We are thinking about taking her to one soon.

20. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@travellingbee: That sounds like fun. Might have to do that this winter.

21. Adira

@travellingbee: That's awesome! We haven't taken Xander to a movie yet - how long is The Peanuts one?

22. Adira

So update on Xander's milk allergy in case anyone's curious, haha. Last November, he was tested and his Milk IgE value was 16.10 kU/L. This time it's down to 7.16 kU/L!!! Normal is <0.35 kU/L, so this is still pretty high, but since it's gone down so much, we're going to get to do a baked milk challenge! We have it scheduled for January 11th!

23. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Adira: an hour and a half-- it was just right

24. Adira

@travellingbee: Oh, that's not bad! Xander could probably sit through that. He's just started watching some Thomas & Friends movies and those are an hour, so he could manage a little longer.

25. Smurfette

@Adira: that's great!

26. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: That is great news! I hope that the baked goods test goes good. That would make things so much easier for you if he can have milk baked in food. I really hope he outgrows this allergy.

Isaac is sick again. Got sent home from daycare this afternoon. Proceeded to throw up this evening. I hope a good sleep helps him feel better. On the bright side it had just started snowing when I got called to get him, so at least I didn't have to drive in the after work traffic in the snow.

27. Adira

@ALV91711: Thanks! I'm hoping that since his IgE numbers have dropped so much, that means they will continue to go down and he'll outgrow it completely!

Sorry to hear Isaac is sick. Sounds like a nasty stomach bug. I hope the rest of your family doesn't catch it. Also can't believe you're getting snow already!!!

28. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: We usually have snow by now. So we are going to take a sick day since Isaac coughed most of the night. A good day to stay in pj's.

29. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

After a really rough period of whining and "I want"-itis we had a whine free day yesterday! I realized it as I was putting Z down for bed. I was so happy I called DH in the room and told LO how happy we were to have a whine free day. I hope there's a future with less whining.

30. Adira

@Corduroy: Yay for less whining!

31. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Corduroy: That is awesome! Whining is about the worst thing ever.

32. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

So after a day at home yesterday Isaac seemed mostly better this morning. Still coughing and runny nose but he was running around. He got sent home again this afternoon and DH picked him up. He looked miserable when I got home. Took him to the walk in clinic and it is tonsillitis. On meds and has to stay home for the rest of the week. My poor little monkey.

33. Smurfette

@ALV91711: poor guy! Hope he feels better soon.

34. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: He is starting to eat a bit more today, so that is good. Had a rough sleep last night and a big nap today.

Hope all you ladies are having a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families!

35. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: How is Isaac feeling today?

@Adira: So happy to hear his allergy numbers are going down! Fingers crossed for passing on the baked test on January 11th!

We kicked off the holiday season today with a ride on the "Santa Express," a steam train that plays music and has Santa come through. We had to leave the house by 9am to make the train and it was such a fight to get Pete dressed and out the door. Lots of crying. He was not impressed on the train, and did not want to sit with Santa or make eye contact with him. Then we went to pick out a Christmas tree at a tree farm. As soon as we had made our way out on the farm, he said, "I have to go potty!" Of course it was a poop. We had to go racing back through the fields to the parking area to grab his little potty. At the end of the day, I asked, "what was your favorite part?" and he said, "when I got to eat a roll with lots of butter!" Ahhh, holidays with a toddler!

36. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@QueensBee: LOL. Sounds about right. The train sounds neat. I hope you got some good memories.

37. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: The train sounds fun, too bad he wasn't into it. Of course food would be his favourite part, toddlers are funny.

Isaac is on the mend, he mostly just has a cough now, but he definitely doesn't have all his energy back.

Today we went to the mall to see Santa. We lucked out and there was no line. Isaac was really apprehensive to go up to Santa, but he did go shake his hand and sit on his lap for a photo. No smiles though.

38. Adira

@QueensBee: Thank you! That Santa Express train sounds awesome!! Bummer Pete didn't really love it. I feel like Xander could be hit or miss with something like that. He LOVES Thomas and trains, but a real one might be loud and scary to him. Too funny Pete's favorite part was the roll!

@ALV91711: That's great that Isaac was willing to meet Santa! I want to take my kids, but I think Xander might freak out. Bummer he didn't smile for a photo though.

39. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

So I think Isaac is really behind in this, but tonight he finally figured out how to open a door. I was almost starting to think he never would.

Now the question is do I need to put those covers on the doors of rooms I don't ant him getting into, or is he just old enough to teach him not to?

40. Adira

@ALV91711: I think he's probably old enough not to open doors he shouldn't, but I'd get the covers just to be on the safe side. We have a cover for our basement door because I'm paranoid about him opening it and falling down the stairs, but I've never seen him even try to open that door.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee