Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@ALV91711: Oh man, I'm sorry! That always makes the morning so rough.

2. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

I don't know who is more tired today, me or Isaac. He spent so much time coughing in the last couple of hours. An early start to the day today.

3. Adira

So I wasn't totally keeping track, but I think we maybe just went a full week without a single potty accident!

4. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Woohoo! That is so awesome!

5. Adira

Girls, Xander's been visiting the preschool room at daycare... I think he's transitioning soon... I'm not ready.....

6. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: whoa! Crazy! How can he move already?!

7. Adira

@ALV91711: Maybe he isn't transitioning yet, but he's definitely spending a lot of time in preschool (and doing really well apparently)!

8. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: That is good that he is doing well there. I just can't believe that the preschool age is coming so soon.

At our daycare they move at 3 or shortly after, depending on space. And they have to be potty trained before they move.

Are all the LO's dressing up for daycare today. Isaac's is having a costume party. DH bugs me that I'm the lame mom since the goody bags I put together for the kids don't include any candy. I figure they will be getting enough of it already.

9. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: What age is the preschool room? R won't move to preschool till August, but her class is pretty much following the same lesson plans. It is crazy how fast they are growing.
    @ALV91711: Her school does class costumes. They have a parade at 3 for the parents. I think they usually keep the costumes a secret for the parents but I know R's class is being fish. They had a class fish and it jumped out of the tank one weekend, so are even being blue fish like him. Then they have a party afterwards. R woke up saying cupcakes!

10. Adira

@ALV91711: @Smurfette: I'm actually not sure what age preschool starts at our daycare. I know Xander's best friend is already in preschool, but he's also older than Xander. Maybe it doesn't start until 3 and they are just sending Xander there because of ratio issues?

Halloween party at our daycare today too! I only sent Xander's engineer portion of his costume and not Thomas, since it's so large and probably would get destroyed. I forgot to make something dairy-free for him though, so I maybe sent some oreos with him this morning...

11. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: wow, cool they feel Xander is ready for preschool!

We had Halloween breakfast together with the parents at daycare today. B didn't want to wear a costume though so I just put him (and his sis) in an orange shirt

Oh and not sure whether I ever told you guys but he's in underwear during the day now. Are your kiddos without diapers at night?

12. Adira

@Pumuckl: I'm HOPING Hubs remembered to put Xander in a Halloween shirt today too because I don't think he'll be wearing much of a costume. Xander's also in underwear during the day, but still does diaper for naps and night.

13. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: we do panties for nap but diaper for nap. Sometimes she wakes up dry but most nights she pees overnight. Granted she is awake in bed for 30-45 mins before she is allowed to come get us (toddler clock) when she wakes up, so she could be going then.

14. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: yeah, I just told everyone he's the abstract version of a pumpkin 😜
    I was pretty shocked to learn B wears no diaper for naps. Apparently he had been dry for like forever so it never crossed their mind to put him in one.

15. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: same here, he's dry sometimes and sometimes he isn't during the night. On some random nights he comes and wakes us because he has to go pee.

16. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: She doesn't nap long enough for us to worry about it. She did have an accident a couple Saturday's ago. but I think DH forgot to take her before we went to sleep.

17. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: That train costume is AMAZING! How in the world did you find time to make that?

Pete is the youngest in his current classroom (it's 3-5 year olds), and he LOVES it. He's really motivated by the older kids and feels very proud to be there. I'm sure Xander will love transitioning into the older room too!

Someone posted this link on FB, and it made me laugh. I have a feeling that this is what tomorrow is going to be like for us (the Fact half of the page, that is)!
    http://www.thehonesttoddler.com/2014/10/halloween-with-a-toddler.html

18. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: That gave me a good chuckle.

@Smurfette: Saw the blue fish on IG. So cute!

@Adira: Oreo's are always good. I don't blame you for not sending the train to daycare, you put a lot of time into that.

@Pumuckl: That is awesome that he's in underwear all day. We are not there yet, so definitely still in diapers for sleeping.

I picked up Isaac today and he was the only kid not wearing a costume, he was just wearing a bib. He did wear his for a while but then wanted it off. DH said he didn't like seeing his teacher dressed up this morning. Trick-or-treating could be interesting.

19. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@ALV91711: mine was the opposite. I went to pick him up and he was the only one still in his costume that I sent him in 8 hours earlier. All the other kids had changed but L wouldn't take it off. He even napped in it. It was a full Cookie Monster costume and it was 80 degrees. Lol

20. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Last night trick-or-treating we made it to two houses. After the second Isaac asked to go home. We were hanging out at DH's aunts and Isaac had so much fun helping her give our candy.

21. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@travellingbee: That is adorable! He was really in character!

Pete's school was actually closed on Friday for a professional development conference so they didn't have a Halloween party. I'm kind of relieved- fewer treats to worry about!

How did everyone's Halloween go?

We had a surprising success. For weeks, Pete had refused to wear his costume and kept telling us that he didn't want to go trick or treating. Yesterday, we watched The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and practiced knocking at the door at our own house. By 4pm, he was all revved up to give it a go. We met up with a bunch of neighbors and Pete was leading the way, along with a little five year old friend. They would charge up to the door of a house, knock, say thank you (they never got the hang of saying trick or treat), and would run back shouting, "TO THE NEXT HOUSE!" He absolutely loved it. He counted out five pieces of candy at the end, and let us put the rest away for another time. It was a super fun day! I wish Halloween could fall on a Saturday every year. It was so nice to have it on a weekend! The beautiful weather sure didn't hurt either...

22. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@QueensBee: our Halloween went very well. L was super into trick or treating and we had a little birthday party for me so there were 6 kids ToTIng together. He loved it. We ended up having pleasant weather and it was a blast for all.

23. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@travellingbee: Happy Birthday! Sounds like a lovely day!

Pete was so tired today. He was in a quiet mood all day and he fell asleep at 8pm on the couch. I had to carry him up to bed. I'm not sure if it was caused by the time change, a big weekend, or if he's getting sick. I really hope it's not the start of an illness!

24. Adira

@QueensBee: Thank you!! It took forever to make, but I have every other Friday off, so I just sent the kids to daycare and spent a couple Fridays working on it.

@travellingbee: That's like Xander's costume last year! He was a dinosaur and it was just this fleece romper and he LOVED it. He'd wear that thing all day long.

Trick-or-treating went really well this year!! Last year, Xander didn't really get it so we only went to a couple houses, but this time we walked around our whole loop. He didn't actually like wearing Thomas though, haha, so I had to carry Thomas and then he'd put it on when we got to a house to say "Trick or Treat!" and take candy and then Thomas came right back off. Our neighbors were all thrilled to see him and loved his costume! One of our neighbors gave him matchbox cars though and then he just wanted to go home and play with them, haha. All our other neighbors only had chocolate though, so Xander couldn't have any of the candy he got. Luckily we bought some to swap with him.

25. Smurfette

R loved ToT. She wouldn't go with just the bunch of kids. She wanted me to go to each house with her. One house she went up with another girl her age and then I hear the screaming. They had a dog and she flipped out. but other then that she had a blast! DH and I went through her candy and made a R pile and an us pile. Luckily she didn't even ask for any candy yesterday. Which was good.

26. Adira

So yesterday Xander was playing "with" Logan (i.e. next to him) and he goes "Logan is my best friend!" Heart melt!

27. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Such awesome brotherly love!!!

@travellingbee: Happy belated birthday!

@QueensBee: How is P feeling, I hope he didn't get sick.

@Smurfette: We have a candy monster on our hands here.

Last night for dinner Isaac had one fry for dinner declared he was done and then ran to his treat bag saying that he got one. Had to convince him to actually eat some dinner before he could have a candy.

28. Adira

@ALV91711: haha, that was Xander last night too! He wanted candy and we were all "You need to actually eat some dinner first..."

29. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I'm so glad that he only went to a couple houses and has only about 4 pieces left. He seems to have forgotten all about the treats he brought home from daycare.

30. Adira

@ALV91711: Xander's eating his slowly - he had about 5 pieces of chocolate left, plus some other sugary candies that he probably won't even like (he already doesn't like skittles or twizzlers).

31. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

I enjoyed reading all about everyone's Halloween.

Z had a really nice Halloween. She wore her skunk costume around the house every day last week. She was a "scary skunk" and loved scaring visiting Grandma & Grandpa. I screwed up though because I told her not to scare the little kids at daycare during their Halloween party. Her version of following my instructions was refusing to put her costume on at daycare. When I picked her up she was so happy to tell me that she didn't scare any babies. Oops. At least she listened to me.

She TOTed at about 15 houses and got a ton of candy. She picked out a bag of M&Ms to eat that night. She climbed into her booster seat, grabbed her bib and insisted on her candy being on a dish. So proper. She seemed to forget about the rest of it until daycare drop off yesterday. DCP asked her all about her candy. Thanks a lot. So of course she requested candy again last night. She picked out a Kit Kat and was shocked and horrified to discover there were no M&Ms inside. I wish I had recorded it because it was too funny. I guess she only knows about M&Ms.

It was also my birthday this weekend (& happy birthday to @travellingbee !). Instead of saying HB to me when she was prompted LO said "You have to share your cake with me. It's the rule. Everyone gets a slice." Then when we ate the cake LO made every person very graciously say thank you to me one by one for sharing the cake. Manners police.

32. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Corduroy: A scary skunk, how adorable! Happy Birthday. At least she is polite in bossing everyone around, lol.

@Adira: Today he didn't ask for any candy. Success. While we are away I'm going to ask DH to put it all away and hopefully he won't ask for it again.

We had our first dusting of snow yesterday morning and Isaac was so excited.

33. Adira

@Corduroy: haha, it's crazy how these kids interpret what we say! At least she didn't scare anyone!! And too funny about her insisting you share cake, lol. Kids are funny!

@Corduroy: @travellingbee: Happy belated Birthday to you ladies!

@ALV91711: OMG, you guys got snow already??? We better not get any yet... we still need to get rid of all the leaves on our lawn!

34. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: The snow barely covered the grass and was gone within a couple hours. It made me realize how I am not ready for winter. But now it is all Isaac is talking about, snow and Santa.

How did you guys get your LO's to poop on the potty? I'd say Isaac is pee trained. He rarely has an accident if he's in underwear. But poop, forget about it. He waits until he is in a diaper/pull up.

35. Adira

@ALV91711: I have no advice about pooping on the potty. Xander was just willing to do it. I hear it's pretty common for them not resist it though. Have you read Oh Crap! Potty Training? I know she has a whole chapter dedicated to poop issues.

36. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I may have to read that, I haven't read any books. Today I'm hoping we can overcome the public washroom fear. We are flying, so I'm hoping to get him to at least try once today. But I'm putting on a diaper just in case!

37. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: B was like that for a while I think he would have been fine in underwear earlier but didn't like going poo on the potty. For him it was key to figure out the different mechanics as in poo and pee are different things and leave the body through different exits etc. Once he had figured that out he's been fully potty trained (he even hasn't had any pee in his pull-up at night in at least a week). Good luck on the plane today!

38. Smurfette

@ALV91711: does he squat when he poops? The book says that getting a step stool so their legs are higher, near the chest, helps. But first he has to realize the feeling of needing to go.

39. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: He still only uses the little potty and refuses to try sitting on the big potty. I think next week once we are back home we will really work on this. I'm pretty sure he knows when he has to as he'll refuse to take his diaper off.

@Pumuckl: That is awesome that he is staying dry at night!

40. Smurfette

@ALV91711: you can do a stool with the little potty. Or even books. Just get his legs/knee near the chest.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee