Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: @Smurfette: @QueensBee: Thanks ladies. He seemed to be feeling somewhat better before bed and even ate a whole yogurt. Hoping he has a good nights sleep and feels better tomorrow. Today he kept asking if he could go to school and it broke my heart to tell him he couldn't.

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@ALV91711: That's good that he's feeling well enough to want to go to school!

3. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Isaac has known his full name for a bit now but he just learned mine and DH's full name and it is so cute! I love that he can even pronounce our last name and my first name.

4. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: Hope Isaac is feeling better! So cool about knowing his name! B def. doesn't know our names something we should probably work on.

5. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

DH has been away since Friday night and I am exhausted. I don't know how you ladies do it all the time.

On a good note Isaac got six stickers on his potty chart today. He peed on the floor about the same amount of times. But a few of the times it was only a tiny bit and he stopped and went and finished on the potty. I feel like there is hope after all!

One more day at home for us as it is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. So glad for one more day of relaxing. We had our dinner tonight so no cooking tomorrow there are so many leftovers in my fridge.

6. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: 6 potty stickers- That's great! And Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you!

We spent the weekend staying at SIL's studio apartment in Manhattan because she's out of town on a business trip. It was a lot of fun reliving our pre-baby lives but it was exhausting to navigate the city with a toddler. As we hauled our stroller up the final set of subways stairs, DH and I were both like, "Thank god we moved!"

However, Pete absolutely loved city life! So much action to see! We took him to the Intrepid Museum where he saw boats and helicopters and planes and the Discovery rocketship. He also LOVED riding in a taxi and said, "Thank you for driving us," to the driver, unprompted, when we were getting out. And, although we were out and about for hours at a time, he kept his underpants dry the whole time! And no meltdowns! Overall, he was a great little travel buddy.

7. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: That sounds like such a fun weekend. Did he nap at all? Way to go Pete for staying dry!

Today Isaac only had one accident this morning. He wore pull-ups the two times we went out and the one time stayed dry. I hope he can keep it up at daycare this week.

Now every time I go to the washroom he claps for me and tells me I can have a sticker.

8. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: ah so sweet about the clapping. We also kept B in underwear this weekend and we only had one major accident and one smaller one. Also he pooped on the toilet and didn't freak which is great too. We're traveling this weekend so he's mainly back in pull-ups for now.

@QueensBee: oh wow that sounds like fun! Glad Pete had a great time.

We're traveling transatlantic with both LOs in mid Nov we'll see how that goes...

9. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@QueensBee: wow he did amazing! That's awesome!

Can I just complain for a minute? I'm still a miserable pregnant person (this pregnancy has been the worst!) and honestly DH and I haven't been very, ahem, intimate lately because I'm tired and sick all the time. For whatever reason, yesterday morning I felt frisky. Yesterday afternoon, DH comes home early, sick with what I think is the flu. (High fever and aches). We got flu shots but only a week or so ago and they take at least 2 weeks to kick in. So now I'm 7 months pregnant, feeling terrible anyway, taking care of L by myself, taking care of him, and totally going to come down with it myself since we were making out in the morning. Ugh! I'm so stressed and pissed off. I just needed somewhere to vent and you ladies are great support.

10. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@travellingbee: Oh no! I saw your other thread and replied but seriously sometimes life is mean... You might still be okay though! Hugs 💕

11. Adira

@ALV91711: Sounds like Isaac is doing great with the potty!! Awesome!

@QueensBee: Oh my gosh, sounds like you guys had so much fun in the city! I want to do something like that. Maybe when the kids are older, haha.

@travellingbee: Ugh, I'm sorry!! I feel like the second pregnancy hit me worse too, physically. Fingers crossed you don't catch whatever your husband has!

12. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@QueensBee: so fun!
    @ALV91711: sounds like he is doing great! Hope he keeps it up at day care.
    @travellingbee: I am so sorry! That sucks. Try and rest as much as you can. Were you able to stay home today and take him to day care still?

13. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@travellingbee: Ugh, sorry you've had such a rough pregnancy! I hope you can escape this without catching it. Lots of Vitamin C?

@ALV91711: I love that he cheers you on when you use the bathroom too!

14. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: I hope your trip goes good.

@travellingbee: I hope you were able to stay home today and get some rest.

Another good day on the potty! I'm a little annoyed with daycare though. They won't put him in underwear until he stays dry and is peeing on the potty. My thought is how is he going to learn to stay dry wearing a pull up. Well he showed me. He peed on the potty at daycare today and only peed in his pull up once near the end of the day. Then stayed dry until we got home and used the potty and stayed dry until bed time.

15. travellingbee

Thanks ladies. I feel OK still so I sent L to achool and went to work. DH is still sick but it's not the flu. He got tested yesterday. It's turned into a stomach thing. hope the rest of us are spared.

16. Adira

@ALV91711: Oh wow! I'm surprised your daycare has such a strict policy about it, because I agree with you - wouldn't it be hard to learn while wearing something that feels like a diaper?? But that's great he's doing so well, regardless!

Xander pooped in his underwear yesterday.

17. Smurfette

@ALV91711: That stinks! What if you put the pull up over this underwear? That way it will catch the pee but he will feel it if he pees in the underwear.
    @Adira: It's only been a couple weeks, accidents happen! @travellingbee: glad that it isn't the flu. Hang in there!

18. Adira

@Smurfette: Thanks! I know it's only been a few weeks and he, in general, does really well, so I'm trying not to be discouraged. I think he was bummed out by the accident too.

19. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@travellingbee: Glad you are ok and I hope the buy stays away from you. You definitely don't need it. We had a stomach bug go around work last week and it was not very nice.

@Adira: It is probably good that he was bummed by the accident. Will help him remember to go on the potty.

@Smurfette: Good idea about the underwear underneath. I'm going to do that today.

I'm going to talk to the teacher this morning and ask that if he keeps doing good all week that they do underwear next week.

Our biggest hurdle will be public washrooms. Isaac already hates even going in them and gets freaked out by the loud flushing and hand dryers.

20. Adira

@ALV91711: We have yet to go potty in a public restroom yet! So now I'm afraid to really go out for too long because he just refuses to use them... I guess that means we're stuck on Block 3 (of Oh Crap!).

21. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@travellingbee: how did it go? Hope you're still healthy!

@Adira: how did Xander do with the potty? I hear from my more experienced mommy friends there is usually a little regression after two-three weeks when they don't watch for it as much anymore.

@ALV91711: glad Isaac is doing so well. B is/was (?) learning in pull ups too.

It's his first day of underwear in daycare today. We were traveling this weekend and whenever we were out we put him in a diaper/pull up and he was really sad and whenever he "used" it he would tell us so he's definitely ready and has been staying dry when home. He even pooped on the potty a couple of times. Still I'm really nervous how he does today.

22. travellingbee

@Pumuckl: ok, none of the rest of us got sick!! Amazing!

We've had several pee in the pants accidents this weekend! Regression? We haven't ever had that!

23. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@travellingbee: Glad the bug missed you.

@Pumuckl: Yesterday was accident free! But we haven't had a poop on the potty yet. I hope B does good at daycare today. On Friday Isaac peed on his teacher during potty time. Not on purpose of course, but still funny to me.

@Adira: I've been putting him in pull ups when we go out, I think using public washrooms will be a huge hurdle.

24. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: I totally get why the peeing on teacher accident is funny! 😆

@ALV91711: @Adira: I think I'll have B in a pull up on the plane. These restrooms even freak me out and I am quite the seasoned traveler 😳

@travellingbee: Soooo glad to read that! 💕

25. Adira

@Pumuckl: He's been doing really well! We're not accident free or anything and he'll probably have 1-2 accidents a week still, but we're definitely making some good progress. Still not going in a public restroom yet though, but he has gone on our big toilet a couple times, so I'm thinking maybe he could use a public bathroom if we were out and he really had to go?? He tends to just hold it the entire time we're out for his gymnastics (1.5 hours) and I haven't tried going out for longer yet.

@ALV91711: @Pumuckl: Yeah, I think public restrooms are probably the biggest hurdle. We'll get there eventually, I hope!

26. Smurfette

@ALV91711: @Adira: @Pumuckl: Just try the public. I kind of feel like it is band-aid you have to just rip it off. We are out way too much on the weekends. She wouldn't have had a choice but have to go in one. We got luckily and she is fine with it. Even once the automatic flusher went off and the next time she was fine still.

27. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh, I've tried multiple times - every time we go to gymnastics. He just refuses.

28. Smurfette

@Adira: have you tried the fold up potty seat that goes on the regular one? or reward for going? I also read something about having boys stand on the seat and peeing that way.

29. Adira

@Smurfette: I've tried the fold up seat that goes over it, but no rewards - we never used rewards for potty training yet, so I just didn't think of it, and I'm not sure what I would offer. I was actually thinking of trying having him stand next though!

30. Smurfette

@Adira: a piece of candy or something you don't normally give. Eventually you won't have too. Heck even do a gummy vitamin.

31. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@travellingbee: Happy to hear you stayed healthy! Sounds like you finally caught a break!

@Adira: Pete is hit or miss with the public restrooms. He's used the toilet at nice restaurants but he refuses at public playgrounds or Target. I think he much prefers the individual room to the stall atmosphere. The stalls freak him out!

@Pumuckl: Hope he does well today!

Daycare dropoff has finally started improving (knock on wood)! He's gone a few days in a row without crying. Whoohoo!

32. Adira

@Smurfette: He does like his gummy vitamins!

@QueensBee: Not sure how Xander feels about the stalls, although he crawled under it to escape having to use the toilet, haha. He's NOT a fan of it automatically flushing on him though!

33. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: glad he's doing well!

@Smurfette: yeah you're probably right. I know stalls don't freak him out since his daycare has them.

@QueensBee: yay, for better drop offs!

He came home completely dry! 😃 so proud of my big boy!

34. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: At least he isn't having accidents while you are out. One day we'll be able to leave the house for multiple hours at a time without worrying!!

@Smurfette: Halloween candy is going to come in handy for rewards/bribes, lol.

@QueensBee: I hope that he keeps up with the good drop offs.

@Pumuckl: Dry day, that is awesome!

35. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: woot!

36. travellingbee

@QueensBee: mine too with the better drop offs. It's like our boys are totally in sync. Haha!

37. Adira

@QueensBee: Glad to hear daycare drop off is improving for you! It's going down hill for us I think. This morning, Xander really didn't want to go to daycare at all and just clung to me at drop off. I felt so bad.

@ALV91711: I can't wait for that day!!! I'm already nervous about Thanksgiving because we have a 45 minute drive to my SIL's house and then will be there for a good part of the day... I have no idea how he'll do...

38. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@travellingbee: Ha yes! If only L could convince Pete to use public restrooms...

@Adira: It's the worst feeling! Hope it passes soon!

On the flip side, drop off has been getting better but pick up is worse! He used to come running towards me for a hug, say "Mama, I missed you!" happily put on his shoes and coat, wave goodbye, and leave. It was great. Now he doesn't want to go. He wants me to come inside to do puzzles, look at the fish, see his work. It takes lots of convincing to put his coat on. We can't win!

39. Adira

@QueensBee: haha, that used to be Xander! He just to throw a tantrum when I would try to get him to leave daycare and he wanted to stay forever! Now it's the opposite - he doesn't want to go to daycare and he's excited for me to pick him up. Oh well...

40. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Did our boys talk this morning. Isaac did not want to go to daycare. He told me on the way there that he wanted to go home with me. Then when we got there he clung and cried, his teacher had to pry him off me. Tonight he told me again he doesn't want to go and he will cry.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee