Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@ALV91711: We still need the door covers. I borrowed the ones from baby's room when we traveled and Z just lets herself in when she wants to talk to her brother. She knows she isn't supposed to go in there without me or when he is sleeping.

This past weekend Z started making up songs. I wasn't sure they were her own at first but as it continued throughout the weekend she had a song for everything. It's interesting to hear her narrate her experiences. She loves to sing about her baby brother and about me going to work. I think she has plans to pitch a Disney princess movie about her life.

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Corduroy: Aww, that's cute! Xander kind of makes up songs too, except they are usually just reciting the names of Thomas & Friends characters in a song-song voice, lol.

3. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

I have to share this. R had issues going to sleep at the ILs last week. So Sat I was laying down with her trying to get her to nap. I was facing her in the bed with my eyes closed, she opened my eye and said "Do you want to build a snowman?" Busted out laughing. Then last night we were laying in bed and she was saying she wanted Santa to bring her an Anna doll and then I can play with Elsa and we can act out Frozen. She started singing the song, I didn't know she knew most of the words. Then she wanted to snuggle, so I closed my eyes and she opened one again and again asked if I wanted to build a snowman. Now I really hope we get some snow this year so we can!

We are taking her to see a Rudolph puppet show on Sat. It says recommended age is 4+ but a friend took her almost 3 yr old last year and he loved it. So I am hoping she will do ok. We need to figure out when to take her to see Santa. I know she is going to freak out again but we are taking her anyway.

4. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: B has been opening doors for 1.5years now and we don't have any covers. He knows which doors not to open. (Ha although he sometimes still does open them - like his sisters room).

We just got back from a family vacation oversees and it was awesome. Having a jet lagged kid is no joke but it's going okayish. But boy a flight with sleeping kids is so much more relaxing than one were the kids are awake And I think B got to see so much that he's still tired even now! (We got back Sunday early morning).

On another note. Since B has decided that he now knows how to use the bathroom he has not had a wet morning diaper in like 2 months or so. We kept him in one at night because we wanted him in a diaper/pull-up on the plane but we'll ditch them completely this weekend. FX

5. Adira

@Smurfette: HAHAHA, that's too funny! R is a riot. She's a smart cookie! I hope you guys get some snow so she actually can build a snowman! You guys are in the south though, right? How likely are you to get snow? That's kind of fun that you can snuggle in bed though since she's in a bigger bed. Xander's still in the crib, lol. I hope she enjoys the puppet show!

@Pumuckl: Glad to hear you had a good vacation!! I'm scared to travel with kids, so kudos to you. That is AWESOME about his potty training success!!! Xander will still sometimes wake up in the morning with a wet diaper, so we're not ready yet to stop cold turkey. So proud of B!

6. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: I am so jealous! I would love to not have to buy pull ups for night! Smart boy! R is still wet most nights. She doesn't drink much at night either. I don't get it.
    @Adira: Snow is rare here. Especially enough to make a snowman. Yes, I am so glad that we got her a queen (my old mattress). We can all three snuggle at night and read stories.

7. Adira

@Smurfette: Aww, that sounds so sweet! Though I'd totally just want to snuggle Xander and sleep there, haha, which would probably be bad for both of us when I need to get up at 4:30!

8. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: R is so adorable. Wish I could send you some of our snow to build a snowman. Rudolph sounds like lots of fun.

@Pumuckl: Glad your trip was a success. That is a lot of traveling for all of you. Was it hard for the kids to adjust to the time difference either way?

@Corduroy: That is so cute that she makes up songs.

@Adira: Do you have plans on moving X out of the crib? We just ordered a bed for Isaac's Christmas present, so the crib won't be around much longer.

9. Adira

@ALV91711: NOPE, haha! Hubs wants to because he wants Xander to be able to get up in the morning and use the potty without waking us, but I don't want to because I think it'll make bedtime a real challenge. I know we need to change it sometime, but it's just working so well for us still and he doesn't try to climb out.

10. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I don't blame you, if he isn't trying to get out why change things. The only thing that makes me ok with getting rid of the crib is when we were away last month. Isaac shared a bed with me and when I put him for naps and bedtime only once did he get out. I'm sure it will be different at home though.

11. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: @Smurfette: I am not sure whether his being dry at night has anything to do with us not really training him but just waiting on him to get it? Even though he's in pull ups at night he still wakes when he has to use the bathroom. He can get out of bed himself but doesn't quite go to the toilet himself at night though. He's still in his crib (but we have a crib were three slates remove - so it has an exit).

@ALV91711: We didn't have any issues except for some early wakeup for the first night at around 4am but both of them went back to sleep. It was a 9h time-difference. Coming home (traveling eastwards) was a little rougher with two or three nights with the kids not wanting to sleep between 11pm and 1am. But all in all it was fine. They seem to be over it now.

@Adira: Traveling with kids isn't nearly as bad as one might think. I guess you just have to let some things go At least that's been my experience...

12. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Isaac's bed arrived today and DH couldn't wait to set it up. Looks like no more crib here. I'm excited but nervous.

13. Smurfette

@ALV91711: he will do great!!! He won't won't to leave that bed!

14. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: He went to bed great. He did just wake up screaming but went back down easy. He does that every once in a while anyways. But he didn't try to get out of the bed yet, so that is awesome.

15. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: how did your nights in the new big boy bed go?

B has been without a diaper in bed for the third night now. So far so good!

16. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: That is awesome that he is going diaper less at night.

The big bed is going pretty good. He hasn't gotten out if it at bed time, middle of the night or morning. But he has woken up once or twice each night screaming and then wants to come to our bed. It takes a bunch of cuddles to get him to go back to sleep in his bed.

17. Adira

@ALV91711: Oh, I missed your post here, but saw the bed on IG! I love it!! How's he doing sleeping in the new bed?

@Pumuckl: Yay for not needing diapers!

18. Adira

So my daycare accidentally let Xander drink some milk (0.5 oz). So then they gave him Benadryl, but they overdosed him and gave him 2.5x how much he should get. Ugh. Poison Control says he should be okay, but to watch him. Some days I hate having to work.

19. Smurfette

@Adira: Holy crap! 2.5x the amount. Are you going to go and pick him up?

20. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah, he got 12.5 mL instead of 12.5 mg. I'm not going to pick him up yet. They called Poison Control and I called my pediatrician and he should be fine - just extra sleepy OR extra hyper, depending on how he reacts to the Benadryl. They are watching him like a hawk and will call me if anything changes. He seems fine at the moment.

21. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I can't believe they gave him that much more. I hope he is ok.

Last night was the first night he slept all night without a peep and slept til almost 6. Every other night has been screaming in the night and waking up early screaming.

22. Adira

@ALV91711: Right?? I feel like anything over 5 mL on any medication would give me pause and make me double-check! But I did call around noon and he's apparently doing fine, so that's good at least.

That's awesome he slept well for you last night!!! Hopefully it wasn't a fluke and you'll get more restful nights.

23. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: How was he the rest of the day?

Last night was another good night of sleep. I think he realized it is ok to sleep in that bed even though he isn't 100% sure about going to bed. It is funny that he doesn't get out in the morning and just calls for me.

24. Adira

@ALV91711: He was fine. Totally normal when I picked him up and the rest of the day was fine. So that's good at least!

That's great you had another good night of sleep! Too funny that he just stays in bed and calls for you! I guess because that's what he's used to?

25. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: That is good. I guess that is why he stays, I'm not about to tell him he can get out!

26. Smurfette

@ALV91711: give it time R stayed in her bed at first too. Then she realized wait, I can get up. Nothing like a toddler's face right in yours waking you up in the am.

27. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: How long until she realized she could get out? I'm not ready for that!

28. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: it's at total random with B too whether or not he'll get out of bed or not. Often when he needs to use the bathroom at night he'll call for us whereas when he is just wanting to crawl into our bed he'll come over.

@Adira: hope Xander was ok for the rest of the day as well.

29. Adira

@Pumuckl: Thanks, he was!

30. Smurfette

@ALV91711: Month or so. We got an ok to wake clock, and it has helped a ton!

31. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Adira: just reading this- whoa that us totally crazy. I'm so glad he on after the milk and Benedryl overdose!! Yikes!

@Smurfette: L doesn't get out of his bed at night at all. Even if we want him to. He won't leave without one of us getting him. It's weird.

32. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: I put that on his wishlist for Christmas, I don't think he will get one so I plan on getting one in the new year.

@travellingbee: That is good that he stays in. So far Isaac has not gotten out.

We went on saw camo Santa at Cabela's yesterday. Isaac did really good and even talked to Santa. He told him he wanted a candy cane for Christmas, too cute.

A couple weeks ago when I asked Isaac wanted he told me a Christmas tree and a present wrapped in green to open. This kid is easy to shop for! Any of the LO's ask for anything?

33. Smurfette

@ALV91711: R wouldn't get near Santa. He finally said what if I get up and you sit in my chair and play with my toys. Then he snuck in the picture. She keeps saying she wants an Anna doll. That's it!

34. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@ALV91711: Candy cane is a cute want. Z wants her Christmas dress and wrapping paper.

@Adira: So about Xanders exposure and excessive dosing. How scary and frustrating. It's so hard when daycare screws up in a big way.

35. Adira

@ALV91711: I don't think Xander gets Santa yet. He hasn't asked for anything yet.

36. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: Glad he did okay!

@ALV91711: @Adira: I am not sure he gets the concept of Christmas yet but he sure likes unwrapping presents They asked at daycare what he wishes for and he said fire truck. So now I'll have to see what I'll get him there.

We've been having some potty issues in daycare since we've been back from vacation. Because his body was totally used to going in the afternoon he never went to poop in daycare but now his body hasn't regulated to it yet and we've had quite a lot of poop in underwear incidents. We're all totally blank as to why because the same teachers have cleaned him when he was still in diapers etc. and pee has never been an issue. So my mom suggested that I bring wet toilet paper to daycare just like we have at home that maybe that was an issue. Lets hope so.

37. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: like streak marks? We were having that issue cause she would go and not tell anyone that she pooped. She doesn't know how to wipe back there. I think she finally is getting you have to call for help when you go poop. At home, she yells Mommy I pooped, come help me! Cracks me up.

38. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: It's more than just a streak but not a full load if that makes sense. His one teacher said she thinks that he just noticed that he wouldn't make it through the day and that going in his underwear was the lesser evil. I have no idea what his issue is both the teachers and we at home have been telling him that it is totally ok to go at daycare. He'll also go in a public bathroom or at friends' houses so really it's only an issue at daycare

39. Adira

@Pumuckl: YES to loving unwrapping presents. We celebrated my parents' birthdays on Saturday and Xander unwrapped all their gifts. I have a feeling that that's what he'll be doing on Christmas too.

Ugh, sorry you are having potty issues. We have too, although not with poop. I think Xander is regressing because he keeps having accidents. He'll just pee a little and then run to the potty, but by then, he needs new underwear and pants. It's so annoying.

40. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: I saw her Santa pic on IG, too cute. What a good Santa he was.

@Corduroy: Wrapping paper is easy!

@Adira: Isaac doesn't understand asking for something. He knows Santa brings presents and lives in the north pole but he doesn't understand what a present is. Tonight he asked if we could go to the north pole to see Santa.

@Pumuckl: Hopefully he'll start going at daycare. You think he would be comfortable going there since he spends a lot of time there. That is frustrating. We've had a setback in the potty with lots of accidents this weekend. But that was mostly our fault from him being sick and then us he was in diapers/pull ups too much.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee