Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@ALV91711: Xander was the same way for the longest time, but he's had to go to the doctor so much for his asthma, that he's used to it now. He didn't cry at all a couple weeks ago when he had to go in and I was expecting a fight, so maybe Isaac will do better than you're expecting!

2. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@ALV91711: I'm smallish-average (5'4") but my side is all quite short. DH's family is all tall although he's only 6'. His mom is 6', his dad is 6'3" and both of his grandpas were 6'5" so there are definitely some tall genes.

3. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@travellingbee: Glad to hear the birthday party was a success. We have just told B he's allowed to invite all his friends for his birthday over and he is so excited. It is seriously cute! B is tall too, he's about 3ft 4in (102cm) and 40 whooping pounds! Most of it is muscle though. He'll easily carry his 19lbs sister around - who is the total opposite short and light!

B was a rockstar the last couple of weeks because we had to go see doctors again due to his CMV infection last year. We had to get his eyes checked out and his ears. Both are fine and he didn't cry at any of them (well except when they put eye drops in).

4. travellingbee

@Pumuckl: wow he's really big!! Yes it's so cute how excited they get by playing with their friends at this age. I love it!!

5. Adira

@Smurfette: Happy Birthday to R!!

6. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: thanks! I can't believe she is 3.

7. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: 🎉Happy Birthday R!🎈

8. Smurfette

@ALV91711: thanks!

9. travellingbee

@Smurfette: Yay! Happy birthday!

10. Smurfette

@travellingbee: thanks!

11. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Just curious now that everyone is turning 3, what size clothes and shoes are they in?

I feel like Isaac is a peanut. A month or so ago I put him into 2T pants, he has been wearing 2T tops for a while. And size 7 shoes.

I'm interested to see how big he is at his check up later this month.

12. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: Pete is on the smaller side too. He currently fits in his 2T shorts and pants perfectly. 3T pants seem huge. However, all his 2T pajamas seem to be snug.

His 3 year check up is at the end of March so I have no idea how tall he is or how much he weighs right now. I'll let you know after the check up!

He had a high fever for almost all of last week. He tested negative for the flu so he must have been fighting a virus. It was exhausting because he mostly felt fine as long as he was taking Motrin, but I still had to keep him home from school and entertain him all week. I love that little guy and we had a lot of fun together, but I am so excited to send him back to school tomorrow!

13. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Pumuckl: Wow, he is a champ at the doctor! We had a disaster of an appointment last week. Grace was there for her 2 month well visit and Pete was there for a sick visit. They were both screaming and I could barely have a conversation with the doctor over their howls. I definitely could have used an extra set of hands, and desperately needed a glass of wine at the end of it all!

@Smurfette: Hope R had a great day! Is she quite pleased now that she's officially three?

14. Smurfette

@ALV91711: She is in 3t mostly. But I am buying 4t dresses and shirts for the summer. Some leggings she needs 4t, just depends on the brand. She has thick thighs so I think it causes her to outgrow leggings cause they end up shorter cause of the thighs needing more coverage.

15. Smurfette

@QueensBee: she had a great weekend!! She loved her cupcakes at school, presents from us(scooter was a huge hit) and the CFA for dinner. Then Sat she was in heaven at her party. Then today we had the family party and she had a blast. She was out Sat and Sun so fast!

16. Adira

@ALV91711: Awww, Isaac is a peanut! Xander's a peanut too, but a little bigger. He wears 18m-2T pants, 2T-3T shirts, and size 8 shoes, although size 7.5 would've been better.

And according to our home measurements, he's about 27.5 lbs and 2' 10".

@Smurfette: Sounds like R had a blast celebrating her birthday!!! Did all the activities help make daylight savings time easier to deal with??

How'd everyone else deal with DST? We ended up having Xander skip his nap on Saturday. He was exhausted by 5:30, but we kept him up until 7:00 (normal bedtime is 8:00) and he was on the new schedule perfectly on Sunday. Skipping the nap worked like a charm for us!

17. Smurfette

@Adira: Yeah she went to bed late on Sat and then slept in some and then went to bed early on Sunday cause she had no nap. She went to bed 830ish last night and was still asleep when I left at 7:15. Which is amazing!

18. Adira

@Smurfette: Wow, that's a great stretch last night! Glad DST went fairly smoothly for you.

19. Smurfette

@Adira: DH said she woke up 5 mins after I left. Fingers crossed she keeps it up. Sleeping till 7 on the weekend would be so nice.

We had to move R up a shoe size. She looks so tall to me too. Tomorrow she has her first dentist appointment. I am really nervous about this. Then her well visit later in the morning.

20. Adira

@Smurfette: Good luck with the dentist. Xander's not a fan.

21. Smurfette

@Adira: oh she is going to freak. They want to take xrays.

22. Adira

@Smurfette: X-rays!!! OMG, that seems young for that! Although Xander's next appointment is in October, so maybe that's something they do at age 3... You'll have to let me know how it goes.

23. Smurfette

@Adira: I know! It seems too young to me. They sent a bunch of forms to fill out and it says that. But maybe it is just a standard letter..........3 seems young to be doing that.

24. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah, hopefully they aren't really going to do x-rays. I can't imagine a 3 year old being very good at biting on the mouth thing and staying still for an x-ray.

25. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: How is he feeling this week. Sick is no fun. Isaac was sick over the weekend and now has an ear infection. Luckily he is feeling mostly fine and can go to school. A week home with a sick toddler would be exhausting.

@Smurfette: Sounds like a fun weekend with lots of celebrating! A scooter is a great gift.

@Adira: Glad it was smooth for Xander, what about Logan? Because Isaac was sick it didn't affect him. He slept in Sunday, had a long nap and went to bed early and slept straight through and slept in again. Today he was back up at his normal time.

@Smurfette: 7am would be wonderful. I hope the dentist goes well and I really hope they don't try x-rays.

So being at the doctor the other night for Isaac's ears he got weighed and he is 13.6kg which is just under 30lbs.

He is very excited today to be taking cake to daycare today to celebrate his birthday with his friends. I'm not super happy with how the cake turned out but it is all right. Then Isaac is off school for a week since his Grandma and cousin get here this afternoon. It is going to be toddler madness at our house.

26. Adira

@ALV91711: Logan's transition was also smooth! We were planning on waking him up early from his nap on Saturday, so that he'd go to bed early that night, but he ended up waking up early on his own, so it worked out perfectly!

Xander loved bringing in cupcakes to school too! So fun to celebrate with their little friends! And OMG, that sounds like a busy week!! Have fun!

27. Smurfette

@ALV91711: This morning she was back to her normal 6ish
    Happy Birthday I!! Have fun with grandma all week!

She is great at the dentist. They did want to do x-rays but I said next time. Her teeth are close together so we were told we really need to start flossing. Great well visit as well. 36.5" and 31 lbs. Of course she almost fell asleep on the way home, gave her lunch, and now it has been almost 2 hours and she still hasn't gone to sleep/nap. This sucks! It is going to be a long afternoon.......

28. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: Happy Birthday P! How was his party?

Isaac had so much fun at his party yesterday. Two daycare friends came and his cousin is here. They played like crazy. When the little girl got here she announce that Isaac is her boyfriend, it was so cute.

@Smurfette: Sounds like the dentist went good. Have you tried flossing? I think that would be hard.

29. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh, I missed your update! Glad your dentist appointment went well!! I still can't believe they wanted x-rays. Good on you for postponing that though - that would've been a nightmare I think. I can't believe how tall she is!!! Although Xander's a peanut, so I guess I can believe it, haha. What's her percentile, do you know?

@ALV91711: Sounds like Isaac had so much fun!! So cute that the little girl loves him so much.

30. Smurfette

@Adira: How tall was Xander at his? Baby connect says her height is only the 21%. Which seems low to me, not that I think she is that tall but she is wearing some 4t clothes at 3. When we did it on our growth chart at home she was 37". I think it is harder to get them to stand just right to measure. Weight 54%.

@ALV91711: We haven't tried yet. Opps! She did it get for the dentist. Glad that he had fun at his party!

31. Adira

@Smurfette: We have our well-visit on Friday, but measuring him at home, he's only 2'10" (34 inches) and 28 lbs.

32. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Isaac had his 3 yr visit today. He is 13.6kg (just about 30lbs) and 91 cm (just under 36 inches). Bigger than I was expecting. He is in the 25% for weight and 10% for height.

33. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: The ped measured him standing and I had to hold his ankles against the wall. 21% seems low for her height.

@Adira: It will be interesting to see if his measurements on Friday are close to what you got at home.

34. Adira

@ALV91711: Now that you've gotten Isaac's stats, I'm so curious about Xander!! I think he's similar in weight, but a little shorter than Isaac based on home measurements. I wonder if it'll be different at the doctor's.

35. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I had measured Isaac on his growth chart the day before at home and it was pretty much the same.

3 year olds, need I say more? It is like overnight he has changed into a misbehaving monster. Doesn't want to listen, gets out of bed and is just cheeky. I'm hoping it could just be that we've had company three times in the last month and hopefully things will go back to normal now that it will be our regular routine again. I really hope.

36. Adira

Okay, had Xander's well visit today.

Weight: 27 lbs (5th percentile)
    Height: 34.4 in (1st percentile)

I think the height might be off, but not by much. My guy's such a peanut!!!

37. Smurfette

@Adira: aww, little guy!

38. Adira

@Smurfette: I'd have to go back and check, but I think he was 27 lbs at 2.5 too!! Poor kid isn't growing!

39. Smurfette

@Adira: R has weighted the same for about 5 months now.

40. Adira

@Smurfette: Guess it's probably normal then!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee