Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: He is a peanut, but a cute one! I don't think they are supposed to be growing super fast anymore.

The last time Isaac was officially weighed was at 2 and I think he was just over 27lbs, so he has gained 2lbs in a year. The ped said that was normal.

2. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Happy Easter! Hope all the kids have fun.

I'm glad Isaac is only 3 and doesn't actually know when the bunny should come. I woke up sick today and pretty much spent the day in bed. So he's either coming at nap time tomorrow or tomorrow night.

3. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: I hope you're doing better! We were flying from the States to Europe from sat to sun so we were very glad too that little kids don't know things like that. Your question on clothes: B is mainly in 5 or 5T tops and 4T bottoms.

So we had our 3 year well visit today and B is officially 3ft 4.5in or 103cm (97%!) and 40lbs or 18,3kg (98%!). So the typical size and weight of a 4-5 year old!

We were in Florida the last two weeks and B had a blast at the beach! Also he loved the pools and I really have to see to it that we get him back to swim classes again because I think he would learn to swim rather quickly. We also took advantage of B not being 3 yet to check out Disney and he loved it. He didn't really know any of the characters besides Mickey and Minny but that was enough to make him happy.

Also it is slowly warming up here and the plants are slowly starting to green again. I am so looking forward to spring!!!

4. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Pumuckl: Wow!! B's a big boy! That's awesome!! Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun in Florida. I'm jealous!!

5. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Pumuckl: Big guy!! Glad that y'all had a great vacation.

6. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: He is a big guy! Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. How do the kids handle the jet lag?

I was better this week, but Isaac had pink eye. Today was the first day he went to daycare. DH and I switched off days going to work and luckily my work is understanding so I worked from home too since I had some tasks that had to be completed yesterday. I have to say working at home with a 3yo is exhausting though.

7. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Today Isaac was a dream child. He listened and behaved so well. I wish we had more days like this. Lately everything seems like a struggle. Trying threes is proving to be true. I cherish days like today.

8. Adira

@ALV91711: Glad to hear you had a good day with Isaac!! We occasionally have those, but they are few and far between. 2.5-3 was a bad time for us, so I'm HOPING things are going to start getting better... but I hear 3s aren't a picnic, so...

9. Smurfette

@ALV91711: I love those days!

10. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Where did my baby go? Today Isaac asked me if I could teach him how to spell his name.

How is everyone doing?

11. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: I know, they getting to be so big! And so smart!

We had Pete's 3 year check up on Tuesday. "Disaster" is not a strong enough word to describe how badly it went. I think it was in the top 1% of worst doctor appointments of all time. He was in a crying, screaming rage the whole time. The poor doctor couldn't measure him, listen to his heart, look in his eyes, ears, anything. It was such a mess.

Today, he tagged along for Grace's 3 month appointment and it was like I had a different child. He was calm and polite. He asked to be measured, let the doctor do the full exam, and even took a hearing and vision test. I guess he was just having a really off day on Tuesday. Threenagers!

Tomorrow we are visiting his new nursery school, where he will start in September. I am hoping that he'll be in a good mood and will have a positive first experience!

12. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Oh, I should also add that he was 36.5 inches and 32 pounds. She said he's in the 50th percentile for weight and 25th for height.

13. Adira

@QueensBee: Oh no!!! Sorry to hear your well visit went so poorly!! So glad he was much better behaved at Grace's visit!

@ALV91711: For seriously?? Spelling his name?? Gahhh!!! These kids are all getting so big so fast!!

14. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: Sorry his appointment was so rough. Threenager is no joke! Hope it goes well at the new school.

@Adira: Growing up way too fast!

Isaac and I are setting off on the plane tomorrow morning to meet his new cousin. A week at grandmas and a bit warmer weather is going to be nice. He has been talking non stop all week about everything he wants to do while we are away.

15. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: @ALV91711: Thanks!

He loved his new school. I am so relieved! They have an incredible playground and he didn't want to leave. When we were getting in the car, I asked Pete if he gave his new school a thumbs up or a thumbs down. He smiled a big smile and said, "TWO thumbs up!!!!" Yay!

@ALV91711: So sweet that he's looking forward to it so much! Safe travels and enjoy the vacation!

16. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: Happy to hear he gives it two thumbs up!

17. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

We had a great travel day. Isaac made friends with a boy his age and they shared toys. They were right in front of us in the plane, so they had a blast. Isaac just loves his new baby cousin. He couldn't get enough of holding her and showing her love.

18. Smurfette

@ALV91711: R can spell her name. Day care is now working on her writing it. Glad that the travels went great. New cousins are such fun!
    @QueensBee: seriously these kids are so hot and cold. Glad the new school visit went well.

We are switching her day care for a variety of reasons. She is totally happy but we aren't. So are going with it is her big girl school. Hopefully she doesn't see the baby rooms righ away ;). We are going Sat for a grand opening (been open a month now) so hopefully she can meet the teacher and some kids so the first day won't be so bad. We drive by it and she yells Mommy that is my big girl school. And talks about the playground. So fingers crossed. She starts the 9th.

19. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: I hope the switch goes good. It is a good sign that she is excited already.

20. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@QueensBee: good to hear Pete likes his new school!

@ALV91711: glad you had a great little traveler.

@Smurfette: wow that R can spell her name. They teach them how to write their name here before they spell but the whole early literacy philosophy is totally different here. Just like @ALV91711: I'd say it's a great sign she's excited already. We're not all too happy with J's teachers so we're switching her daycare too. Basically B and J will change daycares. So we'll have another 2 years of double drop offs and pick ups but really we're looking forward to the peace of mind.

21. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Smurfette: what are you hoping is better at the new daycare? Is it teachers or the way it's run? I hope the switch goes well! Kids are pretty resilient.
    L can spell his name too. He can read all the letters and numbers to 6 so far. I don't know if they started writing them yet. We don't work on any of this at home so I'm always surprised what he knows from school. His vocab cracks me up. This weekend he kept sticking his lip out and crossing his arms and saying "Mommy, this is pouting." Clearly someone at school told him to stop pouting lol.

22. Smurfette

@travellingbee: It is a combo of the center as a whole, most of the teachers just don't give me a good impressive, the way they structure things, etc. I have been wanting to move since August but finally got DH to see my side of things. I don't have an issue so much with her teacher but she would be switching to preschool (they go by calendar year) in August and I am not a fan of the preschool teacher. I pay way too much and I don't feel we were getting the valve in return.
    But yes it amazes me the things they are learning now and come home saying and doing!

23. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: How convenient that there was another 3 yo boy in the seat in front of you! Glad he's loving the time with his family!

@Smurfette: I'm sure she will love her new school!

@Pumuckl: @Smurfette: I'm always curious to hear why other people switch schools. Sometimes I feel like I'm totally neurotic about schools and completely overthink it, so it's always nice to hear that I'm not alone in making a switch. It's also helpful to hear what other people consider pros and cons for some perspective.

@travellingbee: That pouting story is hilarious!

Pete can also spell his name but I don't consider it too impressive because it's such a short and easy name! And he definitely does not have the fine motor skills to write any letters with a pencil or crayon yet. He can write a few letters with his finger in the sand. He does some mental math that totally impresses me though. For example, today we were planting herbs in containers on our deck. I asked him to put 10 shovels of dirt in the first container. He was counting aloud and when he got to 7, he said, "Only 3 more to go!" I thought that was kind of neat!

24. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: Hopefully your switch goes good.

@travellingbee: Thst pouting story is so cute.

@Smurfette: That is good you are switching before she goes to the next room. Liking her teacher is important.

@QueensBee: Those math skills are impressive.

Isaac is loving his new baby cousin. Today my mom asked him if he wanted a baby at home and he gave a firm no.

25. Adira

Man, my kid can't spell his name! You all have smart kids!!!

@QueensBee: Dude, math skills at this age??? That's awesome!! Future engineer!

26. Smurfette

@QueensBee: well her letters aren't anything great at all. I asked her last night to draw a R with chalk on the driveway and she wouldn't do it. Math is super impressive!
    @Adira: she doesn't do it right every time. She misses the g a lot. But she can do it. Are they working on it at day care?

27. Adira

@Smurfette: They are working on it at daycare, but they are trying to teach him to spell his full name (Alexander) instead of just his nickname, so he's screwed, haha.

28. Smurfette

@Adira: oh yeah that is going to take a while. Why wouldn't they just do what he goes by?

29. Adira

@Smurfette: I have no idea. Ever since he moved to the Preschool room, they've labeled all his stuff with his full name! I mean, I guess that's important for him to learn too, but it's a little annoying.

30. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: That is weird that they are using his full name. Isaac will never learn to spell his last name, it is long and complicated.

31. Adira

@ALV91711: Yeah, I think it's weird too! But if he learns to spell it, that's good I guess, haha.

32. Adira

So I forget exactly what Hubs did this weekend, but Xander told him "I still love you, but you're a bad boy." LOL!

33. Smurfette

@Adira: ha!

34. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: lol!

35. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Isaac is always calling our mom's to say we aren't listening, then he will tell us our mom will be mad, mad, mad.

Where do they come up with these things?!

36. Adira

@ALV91711: LOL!

37. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Isaac has begun to almost exclusively to call me mom. Kind of makes me sad.

38. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: Yeah, I'm totally astonished how big they have grown! I'm still mama but there isn't really any other word in German so I still call my mom mama too

39. Adira

@ALV91711: Awww! Xander's called me Mom a few times, but he mostly still calls me Mama. I'll be sad when Mama is gone completely.

40. Smurfette

@ALV91711: sad. She calls us Mom or Dad at times but we still are Mommy, Daddy, or Mama most of the time.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee