Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Corduroy: Jumping is exciting. She is going to be a jumping machine in no time.

@Adira: I know he'll have fun, I'm just a little sad at how big he is getting.

@Pumuckl: That is nice that a bunch of them are moving together.

DH took Isaac for his eye exam today and he actually did it this time! His eyes are healthy but he is a little more near sighted than most kids his age. He has to go back in one year. I fully expect for him to have glasses at some point as a kid since we both have to wear glasses as does most of our family.

So then all evening we had to play eye doctor and Isaac was checking our eyes.

2. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: on playing eye doctor. 3 is such a fun age since they really take all that is happening in so much.

3. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@ALV91711: oh eyes are horrible in my family. Fully expect both kids to need glasses at some point.

We are having another GIRL! Can't wait to tell R tonight.

4. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Smurfette: AHHH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

5. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Yay!! Congrats! Sisters will be great.

6. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: congratulations on a ! How did R react?

7. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: @ALV91711: @Adira: Thanks! We are so excited! We told her I had a baby in my belly and she said she didn't want one. Once I said it was a baby sister she got excited. She wanted to see my belly and said but I can't see her. LOL!

8. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: hahaha, that's adorable.

B was started the why?-phase, so I am curious to see whether we'll have to answer how and and why the baby got into mummy's belly.

9. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@Smurfette: congrats!

10. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

So I hope all of you are doing okay and that summer has finally arrived for all. It's still often pretty chilly here but hopefully it'll get warmer soon.

I had my first u/s today with pregnancy no. 3 and I kid you not there is two in there. So B will be a big brother to 3 if all goes well!!! (Well and I'll have 4 under 4! ). I'm still in shock. There are no twins in either of our families so it's a total and utter surprise.

11. Adira

@Pumuckl: OMG!!!! I didn't realize you were pregnant with #3! And now it's #3 AND #4!!!! CRAZY!!!!! Congratulations and good luck, girlfriend!!!

12. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: OMG!! That is so crazy!! Congrats! And I am so glad that it was you and not me.
    When they first brought up baby on the screen during my ultrasound I said oh thank God there is only one. Twins are in both sides of the family, so we were nervous.

13. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Pumuckl: Congratulations, 4 under 4! I hope you have an easy pregnancy, you deserve it.

14. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Pumuckl: Holy moly! Wow, that's exciting!! How are you feeling?

@Smurfette: Just saw your update- congrats on your ! R is going to be a great big sister!

15. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: Wow! Crazy & exciting! I hope you have a nice smooth pregnancy.

16. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: @QueensBee: @Corduroy: @Smurfette: @Adira: Thank you all! It is very exciting and terrifying at the same time. For now we hope that they both stick. But I guess things looked good. The OB was like it can happen that one vanishes but yours look perfect and they are the exact same size so the possibility is small. I guess I will know more in two weeks when I have to go back. But boy we were pretty shocked that we'll have a way larger family than we thought we would. And thinking about 4 in daycare/preschool is just insane! I mean luckily we get a 25% discount for no 3 and 30% for no 4 but still, it's an insane amount of money.

@Smurfette: hahaha, that would have been my answer to you had you told me your having twins and I only had a singelton Oh and we will likely end up on the same post partum thread again since I am pretty sure I will not get to go to 40w - my EDD is 2/16 so I will likely have 3 January babies. But we will see.

17. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@Pumuckl: @Smurfette: congratulations ladies!!

J was such an easy toddler, but now that we're hitting preschool age, it is rough! He was just not defiant before, and now I feel like I'm battling all day long

H (almost 18 months) is just turning the corner into my favorite young toddler stage and is so funny and comparatively easy! And I'm 14 weeks pregnant with #3 (can't remember if I shared here already) so I'm excited and a little scared.

@Pumuckl: It's funny, I just told my husband yesterday that I still think I want 4 - but obviously we'll see how things go with #3 - and he was in such a funk for the rest of the day thinking about college tuition and 4 more years of the baby stage, I almost wished we were expecting twins so the decision was out of our hands I'm sure it's a little overwhelming and will come with some challenges, but I'm so happy for you!

18. Adira

@keepcalmcarrie: Ahh!! Congratulations!!! There's so many new baby siblings arriving for all our Spring 2013 kids!!!

Girls, Xander just told me "Mama, I'm growing up!" No, you are not!!! You're not allowed!!!

19. Smurfette

@keepcalmcarrie: Congrats!!

20. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: there is suddenly so much gear we have to look into now. While we had a car big enough for three it'll be cramped with four. I'll suddenly need a twin stroller. We'll need an additional infant carseat etc. Boy it's gonna be a crazy ride!

21. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: B keeps telling us, "mummy I am big now." And then he fights with J for the seat in our lap to get a cuddle.

22. Adira

@Pumuckl: Yes!! Xander is always fighting for my lap now that Logan is around and wants to sit in it!

23. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: Yeah, I always feel sorry for him because J sees it at her territory and she will fight him off. For a 1.5 year old she can be mean So we have to work on "sharing". Not sure how much longer that will work and when my belly will just be too big.

24. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Congrats!

@Adira: They are growing so fast!

Z tells me all the time that she's growing bigger, bigger, BIGGER. I try to get her to promise to stay little. We call our healthy foods "growing foods" and she knows cookies & things aren't growing foods. The last time I asked her to stay little for me she got really serious and told me she had an idea. She will only eat cookies and junk from now on. That way she'll stay little for me. Sounded like a win win to me.

25. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Corduroy: Hahaha on the junk food. Isn't it fascinating how logic their thinking has become? Sometimes it is hard to argue with them...

26. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Pumuckl: OMG! That's crazy!WOW! Double congrats! 😳
    @Smurfette: yay! Sisters! Congrats!
    @keepcalmcarrie: congrats to you too! So many babies!

27. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Congrats!

@Adira: They are growing up too fast!

@Pumuckl: So much extra stuff. Are you going to find out what they are or go team green? I think with two I'd want to know.

@Corduroy: What good logic!

Isaac had his last day in the toddler room yesterday. He's excited to move up. His first field trip is Wednesday to the water park. We got the calendar for the summer and they are going to some pretty fun places and have lots of great activities going on at the daycare too. He is going to have an amazing summer.

We have today off for Canada day. I think we are going to have a lazy day. There are some great things going on around the city but DH has to work and I'm not up to navigating them on my own. Plus tomorrow we are all going to the zoo.

28. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: yeah with two we'll definitely find out. Finding a / / combination plus middle is crazy

29. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Hope everyone is having a great long weekend. Ours was fun.

Today Isaac had his first day in the pre-school room. He said it was fun and he was so exhausted when he came home. He was even fine being left in a different room this morning, which he normally freaks out about if we get there early, I was impressed.

30. Adira

@ALV91711: We had a fun weekend too! We had our first swimming lessons with both boys and a long car ride to visit extended family, but it was fun!

Glad to hear Isaac's first day of preschool went well!!

31. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: You did end up going. Swimming lessons will be fun. Are they both in parent classes?

32. Adira

@ALV91711: We actually went to see my family - a 3 hour drive. We're not going to the in-laws until the end of the month. And so far the plan is still to go...

And yep! They are in parent/kid swimming lessons, so it's a family event. It was fun!

33. Adira

Ahhhh!!!! I'm so excited!!!! We're taking Xander (and Logan of course) to Thomas Land in a couple months! I just booked a hotel so we can have a little mini vacation. The hotel has a pool, so we'll get there on a Friday night, go swimming, then spend Saturday at Thomas Land, and on Sunday we'll hit up the NE Aquarium before we go home!! First mini-vacation that's NOT visiting family!!!!

34. Smurfette

@Adira: sounds fun!!

35. Adira

@Smurfette: Xander is going to go NUTS when he sees Thomas in real life!!!! I can't wait!!

And I know I'm a total loser for not having done this before, but I finally purchased a double stroller so we have one for the park, haha.

36. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I thought the in-law visit was this weekend, too bad it is still coming up. Hopefully it will go ok. Thomas will be a blast! The boys are going to have so much fun.

37. Adira

@ALV91711: It actually originally was going to be this weekend, but SMIL was all "Just a heads-up, it's a busy weekend at the store, I'll be working!" so we moved it to later in the month. Of course now apparently every weekend is busy??? Ugh. At least I have Thomas to look forward to!

38. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: Bummer about the IL But Xander will sure have a blast. Although B was a little intimidated by meeting Mickey at WDW in March.

39. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Isaac wasn't feeling well yesterday and he told us to not give him any candy because he was sick. It was adorable. What 3 year says they can't have candy?

40. Adira

@ALV91711: hahaha, that's funny! Maybe he knows too much candy can upset his stomach, so if he's already not feeling well, candy will make it worse? If so, that's pretty smart!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee