Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Pumuckl: I thought about waiting till the 11th, since R is 3/11, but I like the doctor on call on the 10th better. I really wanted the 9th when my doctor is on call, but they were all booked.
    I have my fingers crossed those twins stay in for at least a week and half for you!

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Smurfette: Ahhh!!!! Less than a week now before your baby comes!!!!

3. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: ah just saw you're in labor! Good luck, hopefully all goes well and quickly

4. Adira

@Pumuckl: Oooh, I missed that! Thanks for the update!

@Smurfette: Good luck!!!!

5. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Good to hear that the boys liked the kitchen. I finally got my tree down tonight and I'm looking forward to getting organized and things back to normal.

@Pumuckl: Glad that those babies are still cooking, although I can't imagine how board you must be.

@Smurfette: Congrats! Just saw a picture on IG. She is precious. Hope that you are all doing well and getting some rest.

6. Adira

@Smurfette: Congratulations on your new sweet baby girl!!!

7. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

Can I just say (1) I'm so impressed you guys have kept this thread up for so long, and (2) sorry I suck and couldn't keep up, too. I've read through the last few pages of updates in the last couple days. Good to get a little bit of news from all of you. I can't believe we'll have 4 year olds soon!

8. Adira

@Mrs. Blue: Hey!!! No worries at all for not keeping up. You have so many little ones you're looking after! I can't imagine how much more work TWINS are. @Pumuckl: will have any idea soon enough though, haha.

How are your boys??

9. Mrs. Blue

@Adira: They're awesome! Twins are hard when they're little (sorry, @Pumuckl:), but in so many ways, I suspect they actually are easier than two singles as they get older. They're in the same stage, same size, same activities, which makes it easy to keep up with them. But the biggest benefit is that they pretty much entertain each other. I guess that's the perk of being born with a buddy!

And G is a little wrecking ball, but he's almost two, so that's what he's supposed to be, right??? He's killing me slowly, but he's so charming and cute that he still makes me swoon most of the time. He seems so much younger than the boys did at his age. Maybe that's the way it works with younger siblings.

10. Adira

@Mrs. Blue: I definitely can see how a born-in buddy would be helpful! Logan (who just turned 2) is now old enough that Xander and him can play together and it's been incredibly helpful!! And YES to the younger sibling seeming so young! I'm always like "Wasn't Xander speaking in full sentences by this point?" Logan still seems like such a baby to me, but maybe that's because I have Xander running around with all these physical and vocal skills.

11. Mrs. Blue

@Adira: I had this realization the other day that Graham is now older than the twins were when he was born. Blew my mind. They seemed so much older. I kind of felt bad because I think I expected way too much out of them for how old they were. Sorry, first borns!

12. Adira

@Mrs. Blue: YES! Xander was 21 months when Logan was born, so when we passed that milestone, I was shocked. Logan still seemed like such a baby. But I remember thinking that Xander seemed like such a baby still when Logan was born and he grew up overnight once Logan was here!

13. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Mrs. Blue: Good to hear from you. Glad that the boys are doing good. I can't imagine how busy you are with three boys. We spent Christmas with my family and my niece is a year younger than Isaac, they played so well together and kept each other busy it was nice. I suspect that is the way it is for twins at this age, although I'm sure they cause huge trouble too!

14. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

I've also been so bad about keeping up on here but I like popping on and getting caught up! @Pumuckl: So excited for you and your twins!
    @Mrs. Blue: I also agree that the younger one seems so much younger than L did at each age. I think it's just a psychological phenomenon. Like we have only our LO1's previous stages to compare to so s/he always seemed older than anything you knew yet. The youngest is constantly being compared to where you know they will get to so they seem younger...? Thats my theory.

15. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Sleep question - Isaac has been awake until 9:30 or later all week. This started a week or two befor Christmas but wasn't consistent. He is sleeping later and I've had to wake him all week. I'm thinking it could be time for no naps. Or it could have been the excitement of Christmas/going away and now settling back into a routine. Do you think we should stop napping him or give it another week and see if things go back to normal? I don't look forward to making daycare not give him a nap.

What are your sleep schedules looking like?

16. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Mrs. Blue: Glad to see you around! Yeah on the one hand I am kind of happy to end this very tiring pregnancy (and staring at the same living room walls all day doesn't help) and being scared of what chaos lies ahead with 4 under 4.

@ALV91711: B hasn't been napping since June or so and honestly I don't miss naps at all. He wasn't falling asleep until 9-9:30pm and was up by 6:30am at the latest. Now he goes down between 7-7:45pm (J goes down at the same time- hurray) and sleeps until the alarm goes off at around 6:45am and often longer on the weekends. Now, I am not saying he does so in his bed all night *ugh* but at least he sleeps and we have our evenings back

J also seems so much younger to me than B did but then they are just night and day when it comes to physical appearance. While B has been on or above the 95% percentile all his life, she just about makes the 15-25% percentile. She is now wearing clothes her older brother wore at 9m old! Mind you she is turning 2 on 1/10. I think she's a little more advanced on the fine motor side but that might have to do with them being opposite genders.

17. Adira

@ALV91711: Xander still naps, but can definitely skip too. What time is Isaac usually napping. Xander usually naps 12:30-2:30, and we try not to let him sleep past 3:00 (if he goes down for the nap later in the day). I would probably give it another week though before you make any decisions.

18. Mrs. Blue

@Pumuckl: It will for sure be crazy (at least 3 under 2 sure was), but . . . as hard as newborn twins were, the cuteness of two tiny babies all snuggled up together. It makes me a little nostalgic. You got this. The best advice someone gave me was to take a minute every now and then to consciously snap a mental picture because the first year is kind of a haze and you need to make sure you have at least a few moments clearly in your head. Sounds silly, but it actually helped me pause in the chaos a few times more than I would have otherwise. I'm so excited for you! Good luck!

19. Smurfette

@Mrs. Blue: I see Congrats are in order!
    @ALV91711: she still naps most days so we try and put her down at 8, and then hopefully she is asleep by 9. Then up 7 most days. If she skips a nap, she still doesn't go to bed early, 830 is the earliest. She takes almost an hour to go to sleep no matter what.
    I will say naps are getting harder and harder for her to go to sleep by 12:30-1:00. Especially at day care. But if we are in the car around that time she falls asleep no issue.

20. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: That is a good sleep schedule, and nice that both kiddos sleep the same.

@Adira: At daycare nap time is 11:30 - 2, I know a few months ago he slept 2 hours, I'll have to check what he is doing now. At home it is about 1 - 3.

@Smurfette: Does she stay quietly in her bed? When Isaac is taking longer to sleep he usually sneaks downstairs or wanders around upstairs. This is what I don't like.

Thanks ladies, I think I'll give it another week and see how it goes. I guess we have to get to the end of naps at some point.

21. Adira

@Mrs. Blue: OMG, congratulations!!!

@Smurfette: How are you doing?? How are you feeling? How's the baby doing? How's R adjusting to being a big sister??

22. Smurfette

@ALV91711: mostly she stays in her bed. Usually I do stories and then she wants DH to come in and snuggle with her at some point. I will say last weekend she didn't nap at all ( well fell asleep Sunday on the way to a bday party). And she still took an hour to go to sleep. But then yesterday she took 20 mins. Guessing she didn't nap at school.
    @Adira: we are good. Recovery has been way easier for me this time. Baby was down up 6.3 on Friday when we left the hospital(my milk came in that morning, so fast) and yesterday at the pedi she was back to birth weight. So that's good! She seems to have figured out days and nights now. Now we just need her space out night feedings! R loves her. Always wants to help, wants to help get her to stop crying, gives her kisses and hugs. It is so cute!

23. Adira

@Smurfette: Yay!!! I'm glad things are going smoothly for you guys!!! I wonder if having a girl helps with the older sibling thing. Xander was totally NOT interested in Logan when he was a baby. That's great that R is into her!! I'm so excited for your family!

24. Mrs. Blue

@Adira: @Smurfette: Busted! Thanks. We are mostly terrified with a dash of excited, but I'll be more excited once I'm not puking all the time. This is most definitely and officially the LAST Baby Blue!

25. Adira

@Mrs. Blue: Well, four does seem like plenty, haha.

26. Mrs. Blue

@Adira: As crazy as it seems, I actually know a few families with way more than 4 and lots with 4 kids! My brother has 6. They had two bios and then adopted 4 in the last two years. Another friend has 8, and another one is about to give birth to number 6. As long as I focus on all of them, I feel totally normal. I just can't look at any one else, and for sure not on HB, where hardly anyone even has 3 kids!

27. Adira

@Mrs. Blue: Oh wow! So it's normal in your circle to have big families. Here, 3 is a LOT. Most people have 2!

28. Mrs. Blue

@Adira: We have lots of friends with 2 kids, but three is definitely not at all uncommon here. Four is less common, but still not unheard of by any means. And even though none of us were from families that large, most of my cousins had 4, so in my family it definitely seems normal.

29. Adira

@Mrs. Blue: Well... have fun! At least you know you won't be bored!

Hubs and I wouldn't be up for the task of raising 3 or 4 kids, but if I could fast-forward and have four adult children with their families, I think that would be amazing! I can definitely see the appeal of larger families!!

30. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Mrs. Blue: I am totally glad to not being the only one crazy enough to have four. 😆 All the best for your pregnancy.

@Adira: here two kids is the norm with three not being uncommon. Four is definitely rare.

@Smurfette: glad both girls are doing well!

Things here are still calm. Hope it stays that way tomorrow since DH is OOT. My mom is keeping me company though.

31. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Mrs. Blue: Congrats! I totally missed this. 4 will be crazy but fun. When are you due?

@Smurfette: Isaac is getting better about staying in bed and today he slept in and woke up in his own bed instead of ours. So refreshing. Sounds like R is enjoying being a big sister. Glad that baby is growing good.

@Adira: I'm with you on having 4 adult children with families would be so great. I can't really imagine three or more so young though.

@Pumuckl: Glad the babies are still cooking and hopefully they stay that way until at least your DH is back.

32. Mrs. Blue

@Pumuckl: Thanks! I'm so excited for you to not be pregnant anymore (mostly because I do not look back with fondness on the insane discomfort of the end of my twin pregnancy!). Keep us posted!

@ALV91711: Thanks! I haven't made an announcement other than I joined a due date board. I'm due in mid-August, so the twins will be 4 1/2 and Graham will be 2 1/2, which I think will be pretty good age range.

33. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Mrs. Blue: That is good spacing. The boys can all do some things for themselves and not totally dependent on you while you take care of the baby.

34. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Mrs. Blue: ha, yeah you can definitely always tell if someone has btdt with twins. B's best friends are identical twin girls and their mom is a great resource for me. I'm just hoping that the twins not being my first makes me somewhat calmer and tolerate the chaos better. Ours will be 3.75 and 2 when the twins arrive sometime in the next three weeks. We'll see how it goes 🙉

@ALV91711: Yay for sleep getting better. B ends up in our bed basically every night currently. He is really nervous/excited with the babies being due any day now that we decided against working on it currently, I think he just needs that closeness at the moment. He tells us that he'll sleep in his bed once the babies are here so there is definitely some understanding on his side, we'll see how it works...

35. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: He's just trying to get as many snuggles with you as possible before things get crazy.

It seems like we've had a breakthrough this week and Isaac is taking himself to the bathroom to poop every day. He usually holds and has little accidents all evening. I really hope this lasts.

36. Adira

@ALV91711: That's awesome! Potty breakthroughs are the best!

37. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: yeah I am pretty sure that that's what's up. He is so so so excited to meet those babies. We have to answer the question of when are the babies coming at least 5-10 times a day. And he says cute things like "mommy I wasn't snuggling you I was snuggling the babies"...

yay, to poop on the potty! B still basically only goes #2 when with one of us, so no pooping in daycare/preschool. These kids are just funny in their behaviors sometimes

38. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: How are you feeling?

@Adira: I pulled the plug on naps today. I made him rest for an hou in bed and read. I hope this stops the late night shenanigans. Now hopefully daycare will be on board.

39. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: hope no napping does the trick for you! It definitely helped with late bedtimes and early wakeups in our house.
    Thank you for asking about my wellbeing Actually I feel pretty good, considering I birthed B's brother and sister today without any drugs.

40. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: congrats!! Two with no drugs. That is amazing!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee