Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: score!

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Smurfette: Now I need to get them pots and pans to go with it I think. Gahhh!! I'm so excited for Christmas!!

3. Smurfette

4. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh nice, thanks!

5. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: I agree that analog is the way to go. I haven't looked too much but so many of the kid ones are digital. Guess I have a few months to shop for one though.

@Adira: That is awesome you found a deal. The boys are going to love it.

Ugh, Isaac saw a toy kitchen in a flier and now keeps talking about how that is what he is going to ask Santa for and on and on. I hope he goes back to trains or something else. There is no way that he will get a kitchen. We don't have anywhere to put one and it is just too big for travelling.

6. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Is anyone doing advent calendars?

I dug out Isaac's tonight and he chose where to hang it up. My Oma sewed it for him when he was a baby. It has pockets with a bear. This year he is getting a Thomas mini in each pocket. I found them on sale for 50% off a month or two ago. I think he'll be pretty excited.

7. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: yes we are. Both get there own advent calendar. (Glad I only have to prepare 3 this year, next year it'll be 5!)
    It's a mix of books, music, craft supplies and food (just fruit pouches).

8. Adira

@ALV91711: We don't do advent calendars, but the Thomas minis is such a good idea!!!!

9. Smurfette

@ALV91711: I am being lazy this year. We only put up the tree and stockings, decoration wise, since I am going to be huge after Christmas and not in the mood to take it all down. So I didn't get her Advent calendar out. My parents bought her one that has a piece of chocolate for each day, so that's all we are going to do this year. I'm such a great Mom

10. Adira

Girls, I did a Christmas Jammies mini photoshoot with the boys and I'm in love with how they turned out!

11. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: Those sound like good calendars.

@Smurfette: Chocolate advent calendars are all we usually got growing up. Nothing wrong with that. If I hadn't of found the minis cheep I was just planning on candy.

@Adira: That is a great photo! Your boys are adorable.

I'm loving the advent calendar. Now instead of asking every day if we are going to BC he knows that we have to get to the 23. Now he keeps explaining it to us, lol.

This weekend we are going to see Santa and put up our tree. I'm excited.

12. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: they look adorable! Our photos from the daycare shoot turned out really well this year (they do sibling pictures as well) and they were reasonably priced (all pics and rights for download) so we just went with them.

@ALV91711: so cool it helps Isaac understand the concept of waiting for a specific date!

13. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

I ordered this calendar from etsy: https://www.etsy.com/listing/490637687/advent-calendar-use-your-own-ornaments?ref=listing-shop-header-1

We put a mini ornament and Hershey kiss in each pocket for Pete and he loves it so far.

I also got these elves from the same seller:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/476127786/joyful-elves-teach-children-to-give-and?ref=shop_home_feat_1
    We are trying to do 25 kind deeds this December. I hope we can keep up!

I have not yet bought a single present for either kid yet!

@Adira: Those are ADORABLE! They are such cuties!

@Pumuckl: Wow, I can't believe you do individual advent calendars. Super mom! When are the babies coming?

@Smurfette: I was totally like this last year (#2 was due on 1/10). Hope you are feeling good in these final weeks!

14. Smurfette

@Adira: too cute!
    @QueensBee: I am due the 11th. Feeling ok, starting to get really winded easily, super tired, and holy acid reflux. But I will deal with it all if she will stay in till January.

15. Adira

@ALV91711: @Pumuckl: @QueensBee: @Smurfette: Thanks ladies!

16. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@QueensBee: ah thanks, I do like planning for it. The twins due date is mid February. If they don't make an appearance before February 1st they'll be induced- if possible or born per c section. I'd like to avoid the c sec but we'll see whether I'll meet the requirements for a vaginal birth.

17. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: I did end up buying him a watch since that is what he has asked Santa for. I ordered a timex kids watch off amazon that is analog. DH thinks I'm crazy.

@QueensBee: I like that calendar. What type of things are you doing for your good deeds?

@Smurfette: That is coming up fast. Hope you can get some rest through the holidays. Are you working right up until your due date?

@Pumuckl: Hopefully they will stay in and keep growing until February.

18. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Sniff, sniff, my baby is growing up with opinions of what he wants on his walls. He hasn't been wanting to sleep in his room lately. Finally tonight I asked him why and it boiled down to the Sesame Street decals on his wall. Apparently they are creepy. So while DH got him ready for bed I took them down. He told me the wall looks beautiful and happily went to bed in his room tonight.

19. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@ALV91711: It's sad! Z wants her decals taken down too. She has cute animal decals but they aren't "big girl" enough for her. We're planning to do something for her birthday in Feb. That buys me two months to figure something out.

20. Adira

@ALV91711: Awwww!!! Our babies aren't babies anymore!

21. Smurfette

@ALV91711: oh yes, R had opinions on her decor for her big girl room. She asked for a mirror. She looks to look at herself while we read in bed, or while she sings songs. Ha!

22. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: @Corduroy: oh sorry ladies. B is pretty fine with his room and decals still. But then he didn't ever use his room as a nursery since we moved when he was 2.

@ALV91711: I got B a watch too. I went with a kiddie swatch company watch. Not sure whether they're sold in North America. Now I just hope I will get to see them open their presents and not still be stuck in the hospital with preterm labour. I mean I obviously want the twins to bake a little longer (only 31+5 today) but the thought of not being home for Christmas breaks my heart 💔

23. Adira

@Pumuckl: I missed this. Are you stuck at the hospital??

24. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: oh that would be so hard. Are you having contractions?

25. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Corduroy: When did they get so big with their own ideas?! What are you thinking for a big girl room?

@Adira: I know! Getting too close to 4! I don't even want to think about that.

@Smurfette: That is adorable. How are you feeling these days?

@Pumuckl: Sending good vibes your way. How long have you been in the hospital? I hope those babies bake longer. Can they come open some presents at the hospital with you if you are still there?

We leave on Friday and I'm nowhere near ready. But we are all super excited.

26. Smurfette

@ALV91711: I'm good. Getting over it but I am willing to suffer two more weeks. Then I will allow her to come at any time.

27. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: I hope she keeps baking a while longer. When will you be starting mat leave?

28. Smurfette

@ALV91711: working until I go into labor. Only get 12 weeks off so I don't want to waste it sitting at home with no baby. I am off work next week and then the first week of January I am going to start working from home as much as I can.

29. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Working from home will be nice. I don't blame you for working until the last minute. I'm assuming R will stay in day care while you are off with the baby?

30. Smurfette

@ALV91711: yep!

31. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

So things have calmed down over here. No more contractions (luckily that was all I had, no waters broken etc), so if all goes well I get to go home today in the late afternoon or tomorrow.

Hope baby girl cooperates and stays put a little longer. I 'd really like to make it another 4 weeks because then they don't need NICU time. I have been off work for a month now but luckily with German maternity laws it doesn't cost me money or time with baby.

32. Smurfette

@Pumuckl: so glad contractions stopped. Go home enjoy Christmas with your family and rest! Keep those babies cooking longer!

33. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Smurfette: I'm home 🏡! Hardly any contractions anymore and dialation has stopped too. So I got sent home with strict orders to take it very easy and to lay down a lot.

34. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: Glad you got to go home for Christmas.

35. Adira

@Pumuckl: So glad you were able to get home in time for Christmas!

36. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

How were the holidays for everyone?

We are traveling home today after 10 days away. We had a lot of fun and the kids were soiled. Isaac loved spending time with his cousins. I look forward to sleeping in our own beds bough and getting back on to a regular schedule. Isaac was a real trooper with wacky bed times and missed naps.

Hard to believe it is 2017 and we are getting so close to having 4 year olds.

37. Adira

@ALV91711: The holidays were pretty good for us! The boys loved waking up in the morning and seeing all their presents. And they LOVE the play kitchen!!! So glad it was a huge hit with them! I'm kind of glad it's all over though, haha.

38. Smurfette

@ALV91711: We had a good holiday. Outside DH was getting over the stomach bug (that R had the weekend before) and I was all congested. She loved her dollhouse. Although she asked me Sat if she was going to get a lot of presents for her bday. So she clearly got too much from everyone. We were both off work last week and took her to day care, so it was nice to have some us time and get stuff done around the house. Now we are just on baby watch. I am going to be induced on Tuesday (day before my due date) if she doesn't come before.

39. Adira

@Smurfette: I'm glad to hear your baby has stayed put until past the holidays! Now she can come anytime and it will be great!

40. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: our holidays went really well as well. Babies are still put so that's important. Our daycare doesn't reopen until Thursday so poor DH has all parenting and household duties. Luckily my family was able to help out a couple of days so he could get some work related stuff done. But so over being stuck on the couch all day

@Smurfette: Glad baby stayed put as well. The 10th is a great day to have a baby (J's birthday). I really hope to make it past the 12th because that's when I am 35 weeks and babies don't need automatic NICU time.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee