Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I only switched up to 3t pants because the 2's were getting a bit short. But then some of the 3's are too big in the waiste.

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@ALV91711: Yeah, I am starting to think the 2Ts might be getting a little short. I'll have to try 3T, but I'm afraid they won't stay up because he's so skinny!!

3. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@ALV91711: @Adira: I can't believe they can wear 2Ts still! Finn fits just fine in 4 tops and bottoms, but El is about to need to bump up to 5s. It's weird that my tiny preemies are big ol' dudes now.

4. Adira

@Mrs. Blue: haha, Xander is such a little peanut! I'm guessing Logan will surpass him eventually. Xander has a little friend at school who's only a month older than him and he's probably a full foot taller!!

5. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@ALV91711: 4T bottoms and mostly 5T or XS shirts at this point. The 4Ts fit but if they shrink at all they are too short so no point in buying them. He doesn't look particularly big but he's just solid, you know?

Y'all are cracking me up that they wear 2Ts!! My 14 month old wears 2Ts! (Ok he's a giant and I do have to cuff them, LOL)

6. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@travellingbee: Big kids! I can't believe your little guy is in 2t!

My niece who is turning 3 next month already wears 3t. I'm sure she'll size up before Isaac does.

7. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: @travellingbee: @Adira: If I remember correctly B was in 2T at around 1! Definitely in 3T by 1.5

@Mrs. Blue: @travellingbee: Glad I don't have the only giant. B is in size 5 pants and 6 sometimes 7 in shirts! I think I'll also have a big premie one day as J2 is growing like a weed - he's a whopping 3 inches longer than at birth (so 8 weeks ago).

8. travellingbee

@ALV91711: we have been laughing because DS2 is already wearing the clothes that L wore when we brought DS2 home from the hospital. We're like, "We just put that stuff away!!"

9. travellingbee

@Pumuckl: your kids are REALLY big! We have friends with kids like that too. Their oldest was almost 30 pounds at six months. He is massively tall now but skinny (at 7 years old)

10. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Sorry, I'm a bit behind in this thread!

@ALV91711: Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs to you.

Pete mostly wears 3T but we have introduced some 4Ts into his wardrobe this month. The pants are often a bit long but the 3Ts are getting a bit short. It really depends on the brand for us! He has some skinny jeans from H&M which I love but they are size 12 months! Wonky sizing!

@Mrs. Blue: So funny (and great!) that they started off teeny and are now some of the biggest of the board!

Pete's tantrums and getting better these days but we still have our fair share of them. I've noticed he can verbalize his feelings a bit better now. He says things like, "Mama, you're making me feel like hitting and kicking," or "Mama, if you don't give me another cookie, I'm going to send you to Jupiter." Gotta love being threatened by a four year old! However, the inappropriate and cheeky threats have been easier to defuse so... I guess it's progress?

11. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@QueensBee: R tells me all the time, Mommy you are making me so mad! Ha!

12. Adira

Xander had his 4 year well visit on Friday. He's such a peanut!

Height: 37.3"
    Weight: 30.8 lbs

13. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: he definitely is compared to B, that was his weight at around 1.5 years and his height at 2! 😜

14. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I was thinking Isaac was small since most of the kids in his daycare the same age are so much bigger. But recently we've been around a few kids the same age that are about the same size, made me feel better.

15. Smurfette

@Adira: Little dude for sure!

16. Adira

@Pumuckl: haha, Logan, who is 2 is only 2 lbs less and 2 inches shorter!!

@ALV91711: There's another peanut in Xander's class and they are best friends, so I feel better that my kid isn't the only peanut, haha.

@Smurfette: Definitely!!

17. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Am I just crazy or is this situation crazy. Isaac got a birthday party invite today for a 4th bday party. It is from 5:30-9pm on a Friday night at an indoor playground.

We are going to rsvp no because that is just way too late and we don't think we could get him out of there part way through the party. It would also be tricky to get there for 5:30 on a work night but I would make that work. Luckily he doesn't know he has the invite.

Would you guys attend a party that late?

18. Adira

@ALV91711: Going until 9:00 seems kind of nuts to me. If it was 5:30 - 8:00, I might try to make it work, especially since it's on a Friday. Although in reality, it depends on the friend. We're not social, so we've declined all party invites so far, haha.

19. Smurfette

@ALV91711: yeah that seems late to me. If it was till 8 we would go.
    @Adira: you never go to parties? Xander is missing out on all the fun!!

20. Adira

@Smurfette: Not usually. We'd go to his best friends' parties, but so far we haven't been able to attend those. And the one we were going to go to, Xander ended up too sick (norovirus) so we had to skip it!

21. Smurfette

@Adira: hopefully you can go to the next one. They are great for making them really tired for nap or bedtime.

22. Adira

@Smurfette: haha, that's true!

Oh! And I lied! We have been to one - his best friend's who's no longer at our daycare. We made a point to make it to that one since he never sees her anymore.

23. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I can't believe you haven't gone to any parties.

@Smurfette: 9 is late. If it was a friend we might put in some effort to go.

DH and I decided last night we aren't going to take him. It is a daycare friend so it is not like we would know anyone and we figure trying to leave early would be rough.

24. Adira

@Smurfette: @ALV91711: Oh man, you guys, now I feel bad!! I'll be sure to try to take him to the next party!!

25. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Don't feel bad. I'm looking forward to when he is old enough to drop off at parties. Hanging out for a couple hours with parents I don't really know isn't my idea of fun.

26. Adira

@ALV91711: Thank you! Drop-off parties are a YES!

27. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: So far we have only gone to two parties, which is all the invites he has received, and it was the same friend 2 years in a row. I think most people around here do family parties the first few years.

28. travellingbee

@Adira: wha?! We go to all the parties. I love having an outlet for his energy and a built-in thing to do on the weekend. He absolutely loves going to them, too. This has been the season for birthday parties in his class, and I guess we've gone to about 10 this spring.

29. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: no way would we make it to a party that goes until 9pm. But then none of B's friends naps anymore so they all have earlier bedtimes than that.

@Adira: we do all parties too if at all possible.

We had B's party on Sunday. The weather was perfect and the kiddos had a blast. We had his well visit today and he did terrible on the hearing test so we'll have to see the ENT pretty sure it's nothing but who knows... he's 111cm/43.75in and 20.5kg/45lbs. Big kiddo 😀

30. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: What a big guy. Hopefully everything is ok with his hearing.

What are everyone's Easter plans. It will be pretty quiet around here. I'm hoping the weather will be decent enough to hide eggs outside.

31. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: we drove to my grandma's place yesterday evening (hallelujah all 4 of them slept for the 4h drive) and will stay here for 6 nights. Good Friday and Easter Monday are federal holidays here so the whole family is meeting up. It's great to have lots of helping hands. The Easter bunny brings eggs on Sunday here.

32. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@ALV91711: That is a late end for a preschool-age party! We're starting to relax a little more about getting them to bed on time-ish because several of our friends will invite everyone over on the weekends and everyone stays up later than our kids. It's worked out fine, but the one downside is all our friends' kids will sleep in the next morning and ours--without fail--are up at least by 7 just like Every. Single. Morning. I can't wait until my kids realize sleeping in is awesome.

@Adira: @Smurfette: @ALV91711: I'm on Team Parties in general, but we just go to our friends' kids parties, which adds up to plenty to attend. The boys LOVE it and it's a couple hours of entertainment on the weekend (when most of ours have been). But, so far, we've 100% avoided daycare friends' birthday parties. I just think it's awkward to go to a party where I've literally never spoken to the parents before. I know people do it, but that sounds miserable to me! To be fair, while they have kids they play with at daycare, they never really talk about them outside of school and there's never been any one super consistent friend, so it's been easy to justify not going to those.

33. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: Wow, that does sound super late for a party at this age!

We also go to all parties where we are friendly with the parents. This is Pete's first year in preschool instead of daycare, and we've been getting to know the parents and going to some of those parties too. It can definitely feel like a lot though. I can't imagine the party schedule when both kids are old enough to be invited to parties!

@ALV91711: We were supposed to drive to Washington, D.C. tomorrow at 6am to visit friends. I have really been looking forward to the trip! However, I noticed that Grace felt warm tonight and when I took her temp, the thermometer read 102.3. It's her first fever ever- of course she'd get it the night before our trip! Our ski trip also had to be canceled this winter, due to family illness. So we're definitely spending tomorrow at home to see how she does. I'm hoping that a day of r&r will help her feel well enough to drive down tomorrow night. Fingers crossed!

34. Adira

@Mrs. Blue: Oh, I'm glad you mentioned that. We DO go to all our friends' kids parties, so it's not like my kids never go to parties. They just don't go to a lot of daycare parties.

@ALV91711: We're supposed to go to my in-laws for Easter. Actually, technically we're going to SIL's boyfriends' parents house! They've been together forever, so they are like married, so I guess my in-laws' in-laws?? It should be fun though. They have a huge backyard and the weather is supposed to be nice, so we're going to have an egg hunt for the kids and then food.

35. Smurfette

@Mrs. Blue: See I like the day care parties cause that is how you meet the parents. One of my good friends is a former classmate of R's. They both go to different schools now but are still obsessed with each other and his Mom and I talk all the time.

The kids have an egg hunt at school today and this afternoon we are going for the Spring Hat parade. I had to even send a onesie for the baby so I can't wait to see what they do. Tomorrow is an egg hunt at a park. Sunday, church and then back to my parents house. Egg hunt again for the kids and then we have a corn-hole and bocce ball tournaments. Will be a long day, but fun.

36. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: Sounds like a great drive, how amazing that they all slept. Enjoy the holiday with your family.

@Mrs. Blue: Isaac does not know the meaning of sleeping in either. That is one reason that we like to get him to bed or the next day tends to be miserable.

@QueensBee: I hope that she is feeling better and you are able to make your trip.

@Adira: That sounds like fun. We woke up to snow this morning so it is looking like my hopes for an outside egg hunt are done.

@Smurfette: That sounds like a really fun weekend. I wanted to find a community egg hunt to go to, but now with the weather I'm thinking no.

Yesterday they had an Easter party at daycare and it sounds like they had fun. They made some really great spring crafts all week and got to bring them home yesterday.

37. Adira

We're back from our cruise!!!

38. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: How was it?

39. Adira

@ALV91711: It was great! The boys had a lot of fun!! I think 4 nights (plus an extra because we went down a day early) was pretty perfect for them. And everything seemed to go pretty smoothly. The worst part was just travel day back home because Xander didn't nap and we didn't get home until late. But the whole trip went well and the kids seemed to have fun.

40. Smurfette

@Adira: Glad that y'all had fun!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee