Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@ALV91711: When are you due?? So exciting!

@Adira: Great! She loves it. We have an app so I like that I can communicate with all three teachers (and even the special teachers: gym, art, etc) so I haven't noticed lack of communication at all. I can see how she is behaving throughout the day cause they get points for doing certain things and will lose points when they talk too much for example.

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Smurfette: OMG, that sounds AMAZING! I'm so jealous!!! I don't think our school is that high tech, haha.

3. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: My due date is Sept 18. Very weird to be home alone on a weekday. That is awesome that you know what is going on throughout the day.

@Adira: We don't have any of that at our school. Were you Abe to ho today and find out who the teacher is?

4. Adira

@ALV91711: Yep, found out who his teacher will be, but nothing else. They apparently don't send any info home before school starts...

5. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: we didn’t find out anything before the open house. Only the teachers name and supply list.

6. Adira

@Smurfette: I guess that's normal then?? It just gives me anxiety not knowing how Xander's food allergy is going to be handled. I want to email his teacher, but I also don't want to be THAT parent!

7. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Owen decided to make an appearance today, 3 weeks early. 8lbd 3oz. We are both doing good.

8. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: Ah congrats mama!!! So happy to hear all is well with both of you. Hope Owen and Isaac will have a great first meeting!

9. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: Thanks. DH is going to bring Isaac for a visit on his way to daycare. I'll let you know how it goes.

10. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: Oh I bet Isaac will love being a big brother! And Owen looks so chubby, love me some chubby babies

11. Adira

@ALV91711: Congratulations!!!

12. Adira

Xander started Kindergarten today!!! Mama's so nervous, but he seemed fine this morning when we dropped him off!

13. Adira

14. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: So cute! How was his first day? Hope he had lots of fun!

Isaac's first day was today. Drop off was an epic disaster. Yelling, screaming, crying & trying to run back to the car. He kept crying that he was tired and wanted to go home for a nap. Then that he wanted to go home with his brother. The assistant pretty much carried him in. Lots of tears for me after. Pick up he was all smiles. His teacher said he did great, had a couple moments he started to get upset but calmed himself. She said he was a great leader during the fire drill. By the sounds of what he said he had fun and wants to go back.

Fingers crossed that Monday goes better.

15. Adira

@ALV91711: I think his first day went well! When I picked him up, the first thing he said was "Mama, I had so much fun!" So that's a good sign!! According to him, he likes his teacher, he made a new friend who's name he doesn't know (hahaha), there were super fast race cars, he colored for a bit, and he watched a video in Health class (about the school apparently?).

Sorry to hear drop-off was so hard for Isaac!! I imagine it's overwhelming, especially with a brand new brother at home! Does he not go back until Monday? Or are you assuming this whole week will be like this?

16. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: He doesn't go back until Monday. This week they did small groups each day. He definitely has had a lot of change in the last week.

Sounds like a good day. Who wouldn't be excited for super fast race cars?!

17. Adira

@ALV91711: That's kind of a cool way to introduce school to kids! On Monday does he go back with everyone at that point? Hopefully it goes more smoothly than yesterday!

18. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Yes, Monday will be the whole class. I think it is good for the kids & teachers. This morning is parent orientation.

19. Adira

@ALV91711: Oooh, good luck! Hope orientation is helpful and informative!

20. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: I saw your posts on IG but wanted to add another congratulations!!!! He's adorable and I'm so happy everyone is doing well!

I love reading everyone's Kindergarten transition stories. I can't believe these kiddos are already in K!

Peter was a nightmare for the whole weekend leading up to K. I think he was nervous and anxious, and it was coming out through his mood swings and angry outbursts. It was miserable. However, we met his teacher together for a half hour on Tuesday and it went really well. He knows two other little boys in the class which helped him feel comfortable too.

On Wednesday, he hopped on the bus with his two friends and never looked backed! He's had two half days so far and loves it. Tomorrow is his first full day.

We had swim lessons after school today and then had to stop to pick up his soccer gear for the start of the season on Saturday. I feel like I can barely keep up with the events, activities, and gear already. I'm not sure how families with more than two kids can juggle it all! Hoping that it will slow down after the back-to-school rush parents events.

21. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Such a big kid! So adorable!

22. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: The orientation was good. Lots of info about what is going to go on this year.

@QueensBee: Thanks! We are all pretty in love with him. A lot easier the second time around so far.

@QueensBee: Glad to hear he is having a good first week! Sounds like you've been busy but I'm sure once you get into the routine it will be not too bad.

23. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Hard to believe I have a month old tomorrow! I forgot how fast it goes.

How is school going for everyone? Isaac loves it and is so excited to go each day. He is starting to talk about the friends he is making.

24. Adira

@ALV91711: Wow, that month flew by!! How are you and baby Owen doing?

School is going well for Xander so far! He's been learning a ton of new sons, and loves singing them to me every night. We also just signed him up for Cub Scouts!!!

25. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: cub scouts will be fun! We are doing good. I'm super tired. Looking forward to longer stretches of sleep at night.

DH is taking Isaac away overnight this weekend. It will be the first time for them. Isaac is pretty excited. I am too! Looking forward to a day with just Owen and being able to nap when he does

26. Adira

@ALV91711: Oooh, that sounds like a fun weekend for everyone involved!! Hopefully that means you get some much needed SLEEP!!

27. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I hope so. At least lots of naps. Isaac has a full day of school today too, so lots of relaxing time and a much less hectic day.

28. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Worst experience as a mom so far this week. Isaac had to have dental surgery to cap molars with some pretty bad cavalries. It was terrible for me mostly. He doesn't remember anything.

First he had to fast from midnight to his appointment at 11:30am. He did that like a champ. We went to the room and got him on the bed and he wouldn't lay down. He then hopped off and started to get mad, wanting to leave. I tied picking him up but he'd have none of it. Finally I had to pick him up and have the nurses hold him down. He screamed the whole time until he was out, which was pretty fast but seemed like an eternity for me. He was out in less than an hour. Recovery was terrible. He was so disoriented, coughing, crying. Luckily he does not remember any of this. By the time he got home he was fine. We had a lazy day and he got to play in grandma's tablet for quite a long time by bedtime he was his normal self but then proceeded to have a terrible skeep.

I sure hope to never have to do that again.

29. Adira

@ALV91711: Ugh, I'm so sorry! Stuff like that is sooooo hard when they don't really understand what's going on and you have to force them to do something they don't want. I've had semi-similar experiences when my kids were hospitalized and needed to get an IV put in. It's AWFUL! But they at least forgive us pretty quickly. Hope he's (and you're) doing okay now!!

30. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: An IV would be aweful! They put Isaac's in after he was out. Luckily he doesn't remember anything.

31. Adira

@ALV91711: Getting an IV was a horrible experience, but at least they seem to get over it fairly quickly! I'm probably more traumatized from the experience than my kids! How's Isaac doing now? Are his teeth sore at all after that?

32. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: His gums are tender for brushing but he's had no other pain. It is weird seeing him with a mouth full of silver! I'm hoping his adult teeth will be better.

Have any kiddos started to lose teeth? We haven't had any yet.

33. Adira

@ALV91711: We haven't lost any teeth here yet either. He didn't get his first teeth until 7 months, so I'm not really sure what to expect. Also my husband still has like 10 baby teeth, so... hahahaha

34. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Isaac got his first teeth close to 7 months. That is crazy that your hubby has so many baby teeth!!

35. Adira

@ALV91711: It is definitely crazy! I hope it doesn't mean my kids also will be missing adult teeth...

36. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

How’s everyone doing? Kids excited for Christmas?

Things are good here. Isaac’s school had demonstration night tonight and the kids got to show us around the classroom and what they are learning. It was a lot of fun.

Isaac is pretty excited for Christmas. He’s asked Santa for a reflective vest and stop sign so he can play crossing guard!!

37. Adira

@ALV91711: Awww, that sounds fun! So cute Isaac wants to be a crossing guard!

Xander is sooooooo excited for Christmas! I'm actually worried he's going to be disappointed because two of the things he really wanted were kind of pricey, so he's not getting as many things as he did last year. His two big things that Santa is going to bring is a Beyblades battle set (two Beyblades and an arena) and Pokemon duel decks. He'll also get a whiteboard easel and Hot Wheels tracks and some books.

38. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: those are good gifts. Does he have any concept of money yet and some toys are worth more? Isaac’s big gift from us is a playroom in the basement. Santa is going to bring some hot wheels track and a video game he wants plus some small stuff. I just hope come Christmas Isaac remember she isn’t actually getting a gift from us.

39. Adira

@ALV91711: I think he's starting to get the concept of money and how much things cost. We started him on an allowance in August and one of the things he really wanted cost $35, so he had to save up for WEEKS to buy it, so I think he kind of gets it. Hopefully!

OMG, we need a playroom! That sounds awesome!

40. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I can’t wait! We have an unfinished basement so DH is making one side into a playroom. It should be ready by Christmas. I can’t wait for the toys to be out of the main living area, although there will still be some baby toys. But better than all the toys.

$35 is a long time of saving! Does he get to spend all of his allowance or does he have to save some too?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee