Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30352 posts

@ALV91711: Oh nice! I wonder when we're getting our supply list and stuff.

2. ALV91711

grapefruit / 4570 posts

Took Isaac to the dentist this week and he has three cavities! We have been referred to a Pediatric dentist for a consult and for fillings. He hates the dentist so this should be interesting.

3. QueensBee

pear / 1702 posts

@ALV91711: You are not alone! Pete had two cavities at his recent trip to the dentist. Luckily, they were small and the dentist was able to use a new-ish treatment called SDF, instead of traditional fillings. It was very simple, quick, and painless! Definitely ask your dentist about it!

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/health/silver-diamine-fluoride-dentist-cavities.html

4. ALV91711

grapefruit / 4570 posts

@QueensBee: good to know, thank you. I'll have to ask about it.

5. Adira

@ALV91711: Oh no!!! Cavities in kids seem to be on the rise these days! Sorry you are dealing with this.

6. Adira

I know I'm probably the last person in this group to do this, but just ordered Xander a twin-sized bed!!

7. ALV91711

grapefruit / 4570 posts

@Adira: Thatbis awesome. Are you doing mattress on the floor or a frame?

DH was just talking the other night how he wishes he picked something else for Isaac's bed instead of the jeep. Probably because he's going to have to move it in a couple weeks when we switch him rooms.

8. Adira

@ALV91711: I just ordered a pretty simple frame for him. A slat bed that won't require us to use a box spring.

9. ALV91711

grapefruit / 4570 posts

@Adira: that sounds perfect.

10. Adira

@ALV91711: I hope so!

11. ALV91711

grapefruit / 4570 posts

We went for Isaac's consult at the dentist the other morning. It went ok. They weren't able to get an X-ray to see everything that is going in. They probably would have if I could have been closer to him. He has two major cavities in his back bottom molars which will have to be capped. The rest of his molars need to be sealed if not capped depending what they see when they get an X-ray. To do the work they want to put him out. They did mention SDF for his smaller cavity as an option. First we will get the caps and X-ray done and go from there.

12. Adira

@ALV91711: Ugh, that sucks. Hopefully it all goes well.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee