Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: good to know, I didn't even look there.

2. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Adira: We have moved past the PJ Mask obsession, thankfully. I am not a huge fan of it but it isn't the worse show.

We are having a Moana party at the house on Sat. She wanted it at the house and watch the movie party. We told her that then she can only invite 10 kids. She was fine with it. She is so excited. She is going to freak out when Moana comes to her party. She has no clue we hired one to come. She is going to teach the kids to hula dance, limbo, do tatoos, and something else. She will be there an hour. So I don't think we will watch the movie but hopefully that will be ok. I made heart of te fiti's out of clay and they are going to put then on necklaces and then can put beads on them. Then each kid gets a treasure box to paint. I also painted the coconut cups like the kakamora's. She wanted grass skirts and lei's for each kid too. So this party at home didn't save us any money that is for sure. But I will say everything looks really cute and the basement looks like Hawaii threw up on it, but she is so dang excited, it is 100% worth it.

We got her a kids camera and vanity for her gift. Cause she needs a place to do her make up. Lord she is growing too fast.

3. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

L's birthday party was scheduled for this past weekend but he got the flu so we had to cancel it. It was so sad. Still trying to come up with a make-up plan since we lost the entire cost of the original party ($400!!)

4. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Smurfette: Oh my gosh, that Moana party sounds amazing!!! She is going to go NUTS when Moana shows up!!! The kids will really love that!!

@travellingbee: Ahhhh!!! That's horrible!!!! This is what sucks about winter birthdays!!!!

5. Smurfette

@travellingbee: That's awful. They couldn't reschedule it for you. I feel so bad for him.

6. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: That sounds like such a fun party! Having Moana there will be a blast.

@travellingbee: poor guy. That is crummy that they didn't reschedule or refund you anything.

7. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

How is everyone doing? Isaac is so excited to be 5 next week!

In other news Isaac is going to be a big brother in September. I'm about 13 weeks. We haven't told him yet but DH & I are pretty excited.

8. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@travellingbee: oh no that is terrible. Hope you found a solution

@Smurfette: sounds like an awesome party!

@ALV91711: YAY!!!! Ridiculously excited for you. I am sure Isaac will love the news! Will the news be a birthday present for him?

9. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: thanks. We are planning on telling him after his birthday sometime while my mom is here.

10. Adira

@ALV91711: AHHHHHH!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!!

Not a ton going on here except we booked a Disney Cruise for next year!!! Our best friends have a 3 year old (same age as Logan) and we're all going together! We even were able to book connecting rooms!

11. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Thanks!

A Disney cruise sounds like lots of fun! Are you going for a week?

12. Adira

@ALV91711: 5 days. We're going with our friends and this is their first cruise with a kid, so they didn't want to do anything too long. I'm hoping they love it and we can go on an even longer one the following year!

13. Smurfette

@ALV91711: Congrats! I am so excited for y'all!

14. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: that would be a great annual trip to do!

@Smurfette: Thanks! We are excited.

Isaac is so excited to be 5 this week! This weekend he said he was done being 4.

15. Adira

@ALV91711: So true!

OMG, too funny that he's done with being 4!

16. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

How's your veryone doing? Feels like we are in eternal winter here. We got good news today, Isaac got a spot in the French immersion catholic school that we really wanted him to go to. He's not too sure about this but I think he will do great. The nice thing about this too is that we will be able to stay with the same daycare as the school bus goes to it. If he went to our designated public school, which we also liked, we'd have to find a new daycare.

17. Adira

@ALV91711: That's awesome he got into the school you wanted!!

Not really much going on here. We registered Xander for Kindergarten. He's not thrilled. He definitely doesn't want to go because he knows his friends won't be going to the same school as him. And I just signed up for swim lessons starting in May.

18. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Swim lessons will be fun! Isaac has one week of bowling left and then we aren't going to do any activities until the fall again. Since he will only be in kinder 4 half days I'm hoping to get him into something during the week to keep us busy. Although I'm sure a newborn will keep us busy enough!!

19. Adira

@ALV91711: haha, yes, a newborn will definitely keep you busy!!

20. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: we have an early onset of summer here with temperatures above 25C. So thankful for that.

We had B‘s birthday party last weekend. It was a Ninjago party and they had to do ninja training tasks and in the end they were all declared to be ninjas and received their diplomas and take home t-shirts. B didn’t know about the details either so it was a surprise for him too.

B started swimming lessons last week and I hope he’ll be able to swim by summer.

21. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: I can't wait for spring weather. Sounds like a fun bday party. Is this his first time in swimming lessons?

22. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: Congratulations! So happy for you! I'm sure Isaac will be a wonderful and helpful big bro at this age! Will you find out the gender?

I registered Pete for kindergarten two weeks ago. He's pretty excited although I know he'll be nervous on the first day. He's going to the local public school which is just grades K-1, so I feel a little better sending him on the bus. I figure the first graders can't be too mean yet, right?

He's obsessed with sports right now. He practices soccer and basketball for at least one hour a day, by himself, in all weather. He's actually getting quite good! He joined the town soccer team this spring and loves it. He also loves watching sports and prefers it to all other television. Neither my husband nor I are competitive or athletes so we're not sure where he gets it from.

He is newly enrolled in swim lessons that start on Sunday. He loves jumping in the pool, going under, and is desperate to learn to swim but nervous about taking lessons with an instructor. I think he'll learn quickly as long as he's brave enough to actually get in the pool without me.

I am really loving this age! I'm excited for his transition to kindergarten but also heartbroken that his baby/preschool years are almost over. I'm a teacher and I feel like elementary school flies by! I wish these kids could slow down.

23. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: Thanks. We are going to find out. Ultrasound is in two weeks. Isaac really wants a brother. Hope he does good at swimming. I'm happy that for kindergarten I will be able to take Isaac and he won't have to go on the bus. I feel like once school starts the years are going to go by faster than they already have.

24. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

It's a So excited for Isaac to be getting a little brother. He is so excited too! He started crying when we found out today.

Him and DH were supposed to come to the u/s bit Isaac was really sick (turns out he has an ear infection). So I got them to put it in a card in an envelope so we could all find out together.

25. Smurfette

@ALV91711: Congrats!! So sweet that he cried.

We went to Kindergarten round up yesterday. She is SO excited. They took all the kids for a tour of the school while the parents talked to the principle. I got teary watching her walk away. She has her graduation later this month and I know that I am going to be crying the whole time. It is just going so fast. But I do love this age!

26. travellingbee

@ALV91711: I missed this! Congrats! Brothers are fun!
    @Smurfette: Exciting! We transitioned to the elementary school this year for Pre-K so it doesn't feel the same. Starting Kinder is just going to the next grade. But I am sad that this year has gone by so fast!

27. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: Congratulations on a boy!! Isaac must be so thrilled! So sweet that he cried when he heard the news!

Swim lessons were a bust. He was too nervous to go in the water without me. So we switched the lessons over to my daughter, Grace, who is two. She's able to go in the pool with an instructor easily. Go figure.

...which leads me to my next update. We had kindergarten orientation today and it was a disaster. Peter would not separate from me at all. Even when I stayed with him in the classroom, he was sobbing on the floor with his head in my lap. Eventually the teachers agreed that I should just bring him with me to the principal's speech in the auditorium so that his first memory of kindergarten isn't sobbing on the floor for an hour.

He is such a confident, social, outgoing kid 95% of the time. But he has this debilitating anxiety when he's nervous about a new situation. I'm not sure if he'll grow out of it or if it's something that we need to start working on.

28. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: It's crazy how fast kindergarten is coming up.

@travellingbee: Thanks, I'm excited for another boy.

@QueensBee: Poor guy. Hopefully the start of kindergarten goes better.

29. travellingbee

@QueensBee: oh, that’s hard. Hope he gets over it too. Lots of kids have a tough first week of kinder, but I’m sure it’s hard on momma.

30. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: After reading your other thread about leaving daycare when X starts kinder does he not still have to go to daycare before/after school? Or will he be going somewhere else for that?

31. Adira

@ALV91711: Our daycare doesn't service our elementary school (different wards), so Xander will be in before/after-care at the elementary school (provided by the YMCA).

32. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: that makes sense. I'm happy that Isaac got into a school that the bus goes to his daycare. I would be sad to have to find somewhere new for him to go when he goes back after my mat leave.

33. Adira

@ALV91711: Luckily our daycare has offered to take him on the days they are open and the school district is closed, including school vacations and during the summer while Logan is still going there, so I hope that that will help!

34. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: That is great that they are doing that. One less thing to figure out.

I still can't believe these kids are going to kindergarten!

35. Adira

@ALV91711: I can't believe it! I have Kindergarten Orientation tomorrow!!!!

36. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Crazy! Our school does orientation the first week of school and brings the kids in small groups, then they start the second week.

37. Adira

@ALV91711: I'm not sure if it's the same thing - tomorrow's thing is a Parent-only thing. I'm betting it's more like an info session? And then the day before classes start, they have something else with the kids.

38. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Hope it went good today. Kind of nice they had something for just the parents so you could get the info without a bunch of crazy kids around.

39. Adira

@ALV91711: It's actually tonight! Which reminds me... I want to write down some questions...

40. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: we just got an email today about the start of the school year. Parent orientation is the first week of school. They do a staggered start the first week. We also got the supply list, which you can order for about $26.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee