Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: Oi, we had a really nasty viral cold 2 weeks ago. Everyone got it but DH - the lucky guy. Although it definitely hit B and me the hardest... Hope Xander feels better soon!

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Pumuckl: Oh man, that sucks! Sorry to hear you all were sick! Luckily I think Xander's is just a regular cold - he already seems to be doing better!

3. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Hope he's feeling better. There is a nasty cold going around daycare which Isaac mildly has.

I'm not ready for cold/flu season!

4. Adira

@ALV91711: Hopefully Isaac's is mild! Xander's wasn't bad at all - he's already feeling a lot better.

5. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: He's mostly just had a runny nose and cough. He told me that he got sick because his friend coughed on him!

Glad Xander is feeling better.

6. Adira

@ALV91711: haha, I'm impressed he understood how the germs were spread!

7. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I wish he'd remember this himself, he's always coughing on us!

8. Adira

@ALV91711: haha, yeah, it's really hard to teach them to cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze!!

9. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Isaac's daycare has started transitioning him to the kindergarten room. He is beyond excited and all he has talked about is how he's a kinder kid now and not a preschooler.

For me this is the most bittersweet room transition. He is just that much closer to being in school.

One of the two main teachers has been there longer than him and the other has been there a long time. They said he's doing great in the new room. They don't have a firm date of when he'll be in there 100% of the time but it probably won't be long.

10. Adira

@ALV91711: Oh wow, does your daycare off kindergarten? Ours has a pre-K class and all the 4 year olds are in it (including Xander). I'm sooooo not ready for real school next year!!!

11. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Adira: We are at a Pre-K in the elementary school and man... it sure feels like real school. It isn't like daycare where I can bring him whenever or he could miss a day. Now there are tardies and absences. And I have to drop off from the car (which is nice in some ways but it feels so weird to not talk to the teacher every day.) He eats in the cafeteria and can even buy lunch! (He loves this btw!)

12. Adira

@travellingbee: OMG! Sooooo not ready for that!!!

13. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: He is currently in the preschool room which is 3 & 4 year olds. They don't do kindergarten but those age kids have a room. I wasn't expecting for him to move up until the new year.

@travellingbee: Wow! That is so grown up. I'm not ready for this. I bet it is cute with them all in the cafeteria eating.

14. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

When DH dropped him off this morning he was super upset that he didn't have a cubby in the kindergarten room. So his teachers made his up today so he'd be happy. Now he has a cubby in both rooms.

15. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@travellingbee: Wow, your situation really sounds like school.

Z is in the same 4-5yo room she moved to in Dec. She was having a lot of issues listening (and intentional potty accidents) through the summer. Her teachers thought it was probably all the transitions of half her class graduating/leaving and half the "baby class" moving up. Fortunately as of the last two weeks she seems to have turned it around. The teachers are calling her a leader and have told me every day that she has learned to nap on her own (a mere 4.5 years after I started trying to nap train and just in time to outgrow a nap). It is so nice to have her getting some positive attention now. It's been so nice to have a happy girl again.

16. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Corduroy: That is great that she has turned around and is being a leader. I can imagine all the changes would be tough.

17. Adira

So I know I'm behind the times, but I finally introduced my kids to Frozen (it was the first time I had seen it too)! They LOVED it!! My guess is we'll be watching it a lot more now.

18. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: That is awesome! Until you've had to watch it a million times, lol!

19. Adira

@ALV91711: haha! So far we've only watched it twice, which is totally doable.

20. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: not bad. On Monday Isaac was home sick and we watched Beauty& the Beast, every day since he has watched some of it.

21. Adira

@ALV91711: Oh nice! I tried to introduce The Little Mermaid too the kids, but the shark scene was too scary I think and then they didn't want to keep watching it. But I'll persist!

22. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: We just watched that a couple weeks ago. Isaac is obsessed with Disney princess stories/movies.

23. Adira

@ALV91711: Nice! I need to try again with my kids.

24. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

What are the kids being for Halloween? Isaac is being Leonardo.

Him and I are leaving tomorrow for a week to visit my family. He is pretty excited to trick or treat with his cousins.

25. Adira

@ALV91711: Xander is the Flash and Logan is Superman! And Hubs and I got Batman and Wonder Woman costumes to round out our Justice League family.

26. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: That is awesome!

27. Adira

Just checking in with you ladies!! We're not a very active bunch anymore. How is everyone doing? How are your kiddos??

Xander is super into PJ Masks these days! And so is Logan. So Santa will be bringing some PJ Masks toys for Christmas. I've been trying to find some PJ Masks shirts for them, but failing miserably.

We're going to the in-laws for Thanksgiving, which hopefully will be okay. I know there will be too many people and too many dogs though. What's everyone else doing?

28. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: We have been keeping busy. Isaac and I went for a week visit with my family over Halloween and had a blast. This past weekend my SIL & BIL were here for the weekend. They totally took over to give us a break which was awesome!

Isaac is living his bowling league. It is so cute to watch. This weekend he has his first tournament.

I've been trying to get Isaac to think about what he wants to ask Santa for. So far he doesn't know. I'm almost done shopping and hope he doesn't come up with something crazy!

Hope you have a fun Thanksgiving! And the traveling isn't too terrible.

29. Adira

@ALV91711: OMG, a bowling league!! That is so cute!!! Hope Isaac finally decides on something from Santa and it's something you already got or can get easily enough!!

My kids want everything, so I keep having to remind them that Santa only brings a few things and that money doesn't grow on trees. They are currently obsessed with PJ Masks, so Santa is going to get them the PJ Masks headquarters and all the little figurines. Hopefully they'll be happy with that!

30. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

We are good here. Home repairs just started so the house is a disaster and it is driving me crazy. But worse thing is we can't decorate for Christmas. Fingers crossed they get the floors refinished before Christmas. R still loves her swim lessons and is doing great in them. She loves to write her name all over everything. She is sounding out words and wants to learn to read. We need to amp up our site words at home. She wants a backpack and watch from Santa. No clue why on either!

31. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Isaac decided to write a list tonight. I've already got two things that are in it! One thing is a sled, so I think I'll try to get that and then I'm basically done. Is their present going to be to share?

@Smurfette: Trying to read is awesome! It is hard to find time to do these things at home. Hopefully you will get to do some decorating for Christmas.

32. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

Things are good here too. B is craving solo time so DH and I will try to fit that in this weekend. (We were in the US last week without our two older two and B especially missed us terribly and now DH has been traveling for work since Tuesday morning).
    Not sure about Christmas yet this year. We planned on a bunk bed but it won’t be delivered in time for Christmas *boo.

33. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

Hi all! It's nice hearing everyone's updates!

We are also gearing up for the holidays here. I'm really looking forward to all the traditions now that Pete remembers and enjoys them! So far, he'd like magnetic marble ramps and some new train tracks from Santa.

He's also extremely interested in letter sounds and trying to read. He can spend a whole car ride asking, "Okay, now let's make a list of all the words that start with tr-! Now all the words that start with dr-!" and so on. Haha, sometimes my husband and I just want to listen the radio! I'm surprised that it hasn't clicked with him yet, but I'm not in any rush. He and Grace love to look through books together and it's the sweetest thing.

The potty humor is also in full force at this age. He loves poop and pee jokes. And knock knock jokes.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

34. Adira

@Smurfette: Wow, that's awesome R is learning how to read!!! Xander's interested in how to spell things, but doesn't seem too interested in learning how to read yet. Good luck with the home repairs!!

@ALV91711: Yes, the PJ Masks headquarters was like $50, so that's already half of Santa's budget, so they'll be sharing! Luckily I'm going to be able to get two sets of the main PJ Masks heroes so they can each have their own set! But everything else, they'll have to share. Luckily they saw a commercial for the PJ Masks headquarters and really wanted it, so they should be happy that that's what Santa's bringing!

@Pumuckl: Bummer the bunk bed won't arrive in time for Christmas! I'm sure you'll think of something. You must be sooooo busy with four little ones!!

@QueensBee: Magnetic marble ramps sounds cool! I bet Xander would like something like that too. And yay for more reading!!

35. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: That's too bad the bed won't be there in time. Bunk beds will be fun!

@QueensBee: We get a lot of fart jokes around here. They are especially funny because they usually don't make any sense. That is awesome that he is figuring out groups of words that start with the same sound.

36. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

Is everyone excited for Christmas? How excited are the kids?

I just have some baking I'd like to do and I need to wrap two more gifts that I bought tonight. Isaac is so excited. It feels like for the last week he has just been a huge ball of energy with all the exciting things going on and counting down until Santa comes.

37. Adira

@ALV91711: My two are very excited!! Not sure that the 3 year old totally gets it, but Xander definitely does! He wanted to make cookies for Santa last night, but I said he had to wait until Christmas Eve. And I haven't wrapped any presents yet!!! I'm taking Friday off from work so I can spend the whole day wrapping!

38. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Have a fun wrapping day tomorrow! Isaac and I have spent the last two evenings baking cookies. Your boys will have so much fun together!

Do any of your daycares close between Christmas & New Years? Ours does. I'm hoping our weather stays mild so we can spend some time outside.

39. Adira

@ALV91711: OMG, I'm exhausted! It took me all day to wrap presents (minus a two-hour outing where I had to pick up some more boxes, some bows, and another present)! And I still have the PJ Masks Headquarters to put together and two more gifts to wrap. Now my back hurts from sitting on the floor wrapping, haha.

40. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Oh my! What a busy day. I just wrapped the last couple things I picked up during the week. This morning did a few errands. Tomorrow morning I'll be cleaning and then relaxing. We just got back from a dinner and don't have to go anywhere or see anyone into Christmas Day when we have company.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee