Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Pumuckl: 2 week stomach bug that sounds like pure hell. Especially while pregnant. Congrats on your girl! They are so fun!

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@QueensBee: Oooh, I like that. I'm definitely no drill expert, having literally only drilled two holes in cabinets, but I'd say take your screw, compare it's length to your drill, and then try to drill into the wall until you're deep enough. The good thing about drilling into a wall (as opposed to a cabinet door) is that it's probably okay to go too deep! My biggest fear with the cabinets was drilling all the way through them!

@Pumuckl: Eeeeh! Congratulations on your little girl! So exciting!!

3. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: The screws are about 1.5 inches long. The drill plowed through the first inch of dry wall but won't go the extra 1/2 inch to fit the screw. I tried using three different drill bits. Am I hitting a stud? A random piece of metal? I don't know but now my countertop is a dusty mess! Blah.

4. Adira

5. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@Pumuckl: Sounds rough!! Glad you're all better now... and congratulations on a lil' girl!!!!

6. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Pumuckl: Congrats on a baby girl! We've been having a rough week with sleep too. Between teething and readjusting to time. He woke up twice last night. Been sleeping in our bed on and off as well.
    Today he won't nap. He fell asleep in the car and the way home from the zoo but woke up when I tried to transfer him to the crib.
    @QueensBee: Thanks--it was nice to get away. Your trip looked awesome and relaxing as well! Vermont is one of my favorite places. I miss living in the Northeast and being able to drive to lots of different places for the weekend. Here I can drive for hours and hours and hours and still be in Texas

7. Smurfette

@travellingbee: Transition from car to crib never happens for R. She falls asleep in the car and we have to drive around till she wakes up.

8. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Thanks for the links! So sweet of you to offer some advice! I'll take a look at some of the suggestions. I had my trusty dad on the phone giving me tips but he can't figure it out either. I'm going to be so annoyed if DH comes home and sorts it out within minutes!

@travellingbee: Sounds a few rough days of sleep! Hope it sorts out soon. When do you go back to work? Come visit us in the Northeast anytime!!

9. Adira

@QueensBee: haha, Hubs coming home and figuring it out immediately would totally happen to me! But if that DOES happen, at least you'll have figured it out and hopefully gotten it installed!

10. travellingbee

@QueensBee: tomorrow! That's why we went to the zoo this morning. A last hurrah! I'm sad but also ready to go back. Oh man- I wish! Our boys would have a lot of fun together I think!

11. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Pumuckl: Glad are feeling better. Welcome to team

@travellingbee: We have not had much luck with the car to crib transfer lately either. It sucks!!!

12. travellingbee

@Smurfette: @AprilFool: it sucks because sometimes I feel like I can't go anywhere with him for fear that he will fall asleep in the car.

13. Smurfette

@travellingbee: same. I end up sitting in the back while DH drives.

14. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Good news to report: Hubs was able to install the pt holder but it was tricky for him too! He had to dig up a special extra-strength drill bit, which I didn't know existed, and then use a hammer. Now I don't feel so silly for having trouble with it!

@travellingbee: Oh wow, have a great first day tomorrow! As much as I dread going back to work, the first day of school always feels exciting!

Pete took a monster four hour nap today. It was blissful. I put him to bed an hour later than usual and he fell asleep easily. I'm really counting on the "sleep begets sleep" expression on HB tonight and hoping he sleeps through the night.

In other news, he now laughs at himself when he farts. He thinks it's beyond hilarious. Fart jokes have officially begun!

15. Smurfette

@QueensBee: wow! I have never got more then 3 hours for a nap. Haha! R farts but doesn't realize it still. I am waiting on her to laugh at it

16. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Pumuckl: Glad you are feeling better. Congrats on a girl! That will be so much fun. Until about 3 weeks ago Isaac was spending the last 1-2 hours sleeping in our bed, not very restful. But now he is back to sleeping the whole night in his crib. Hopefully this phase passes for you.

@QueensBee: Awesome nap!! Did you end up putting bumpers in the crib? How did that work out?

I put bumpers in Isaac's crib tonight. This morning when he woke up his chubby thigh was stuck pretty good in the slats. Kind of freaky in my half asleep state.

@travellingbee: Have a good first day back tomorrow!

17. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: Haha, it's pretty hilarious so it's hard not for me to laugh too. He goes, "toot toot" and laughs!

@ALV91711: I'm still waiting for them to arrive in the mail, hopefully tomorrow. However, he slept so well last night that I started to think that I should return them. I feel like each night is a total wild card these days! I never know what to expect or what works...

18. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: That's our nights lately. Like tonight he went to bed so good and easy and two hours later woke up screaming and freaking out. Back asleep now though.

19. Adira

@QueensBee: Glad you guys were able to get it installed! Sounds like it was complicated though!! And that nap was CRAZY! Is he sick?? And also, he's totally a boy, laughing at his own farts!

@ALV91711: Oh dear! Hope he's okay after getting stuck! We still don't have bumpers, so I worry about that sometimes.

20. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

Thank you all for your well wishes! I'm back to normal now but I had a really hard time while being sick because I was so weak. I hardly managed to get B to daycare (of course I was alone/solo when it was still the worst). After I got home from the daycare drop-off I'd go straight back to bed for another 3-4h of sleep. *oi*

@QueensBee: @ALV91711: Same here, some nights are blissful and others - well not so much. It's just such a hit and miss lately. I miss the sleep from a month ago where he would fall asleep on his own and then sleep until 6:30/7am in his crib...

@Adira: We don't have bumpers installed either but I don't think I'd want to. He has gotten stuck a couple of times but mostly he just frees himself. Only once was he not able to and we had to "rescue" him. So I'm ok with that.

@Smurfette: @travellingbee: Sorry to hear about your car sleeping troubles. We were able to move B from seat to crib at night a couple of times. Hardly ever during the day. What works often is moving him from the seat to the stroller though so we do that a lot.,

@travellingbee: Good luck and lots of fun back at work!

B had to get his vaccines today. Let's hope he doesn't have a bad reaction to it... Poor guy being stuck by needles again by 8am... I'll try to make it up to him with his favorite dinner and extra cuddles tonight.

21. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@travellingbee: I hear ya. She naps at the most awkward time lately and I don't want to be in the car for it so I feel a little trapped at home.

22. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@QueensBee: Lil B laughs when he farts too! I think its a boy thing!

23. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: @Pumuckl: I hate not knowing what to expect each night! How did the boys sleep last night? Pete actually did okay, sleeping from 8pm-6am. 6am was a tad bit early for my taste but I really can't complain!

@cheert16: It's so funny how they love the grossness!

@Pumuckl: Good luck with the vaccines today!

24. Smurfette

Are @Mrs. High Heels: and I the only ones not TTC or pregnant right? I swear everyone is getting pregnant around me or trying too.

25. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Smurfette: yikes! Only 2 of you.... I wasn't TTC- but was def surprised!

26. Smurfette

@cheert16: That is what I am wondering are we the only 2 not TTC (or will be in the next couple months)

DH and I have tabled the #2 talk till R is 2. I know the only way we can swing it financially is to wait to space them so we have one in day care at a time. R starts pre-K (free at the elementary school, just have to pay after care at the day care) at 4.5, so she would be 4 at the earliest before #2. Which puts me at 38-39 and pregnant. So I have to wrap my head around that. DH still is leaning towards just having one. Good thing we have TONS of time to decide.

27. Mrs. High Heels

@Smurfette: Wow, are we really the only 2?! Well, don't you worry I'm not going anywhere. I think we're 2 and through.

@QueensBee: @cheert16: that's so funny that they're already laughing at their own farts! J isn't doing that yet, but my daughter laughs at her own farts too.

28. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Smurfette: We had tabled all discussion of LO#2 till B was 2- I couldn't even imagine paying for 2 kids in daycare. Also we have terrible health insurance (we had GREAT insurance when we had B) so we were hoping for DH to switch jobs before trying for #2. (we thought we were going to need intervention and our insurance didn't cover it) But apparently my body had a mind of its own and we are going to be blessed with a second baby. We will figure everything financially out (although I panic about it about twice a week).

29. Smurfette

@cheert16: We could afford #2 in day care if we cut back on everything, but if we need a new car, which DH does, we would be screwed. Plus I just can't stomach $3100 a month for day care. Makes me want to vomit.

30. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Smurfette: Yes the thought of how much I will be spending on daycare is freaking me out... adding that DH wants me to get a bigger car (even though mine just got paid off) is freaking me out too! Plus everything else that goes along with a baby! AHHHH!
    Luckily one of my close friends found out she was having a boy (her first LO is a girl) and I had a boy first and am now having a girl- so we are going to trade clothes!! Pretty exciting that we wont have to start over with that!!

31. Smurfette

@cheert16: That will be so helpful!!

32. Smurfette

Oh I am super excited, day care offers gymnastics on Monday's!! It works out to about $50 a month but that is cheaper then what I have found that is offered on Sat. And we don't have to commit to every Sat. The downside is that we can't watch her, unless we are home and can sneak over to day care. Her teacher told me that she thinks R is going to be a gymnast since she is always climbing and tumbling. So I know that she is going to love it. I just wish she would start talking more so she can tell me about it. They start the first Monday in September.

33. Adira

@Smurfette: That IS so exciting!!!! Definitely one of the benefits of attending that daycare! Mine doesn't offer anything like that (just sometimes date nights). I'm excited for R! And the price is right! I hope she loves it!!!

34. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Mrs. High Heels: @Smurfette: Not pregnant and not TTC here too! I'm considering it for this fall but most likely will wait until spring.

@Mrs. High Heels: Happy to hear fart jokes are funny to all genders!!

@Smurfette: That sounds so fun!! And $50 is such a great price!

35. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Smurfette: That's great!! We have been thinking of signing lil B up something- we just don't know what!

36. Smurfette

@Adira: Gynmastics is the only thing offered till 3. Then it is gymnastics, karate, and ballet. Then have something else called PlayBall which is supposed to get them started with sports. We are going to hold off on that till Jan when she is a little older.
    @QueensBee: Sweet another member of our Wolf Pack!
    @cheert16: When looking into classes, everything is during the week. It sucks for working parents.

37. Mrs. High Heels

@Smurfette: yea, whenever I look into classes it seems so inconvenient for working parents - most are during the week.

DD's been taking swim classes all summer. We go at 7:20 pm on Thursdays. It works for us bc it's after dinner, and she gets time to digest. The classes are only 20 min long.

38. Smurfette

@Mrs. High Heels: That is nice you could do them after work. R's swim was every Sat. She missed 3 of the 8 due to illness. Going to start back up in Jan. We would miss half the classes this fall.

39. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Smurfette: you prompted me to get on my search for classes for b! We are going to do swimming in the fall and gymnastics!

40. Mrs. High Heels

@Smurfette: Do you get make-up classes?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee