Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Silva: Glad the first day went so well!

@ALV91711: We have got H a play kitchen for Christmas but am very excited to get her a little table and chairs for outside when we move into our new house.

@Adira: Oh no! That sounds terrible. Poor Xander and poor mum

2. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@Adira: Oh no! I hope he gets some rest so that he can get better quickly!

@Smurfette: Daddy/daughter tea parties are so cute!!

@Silva: Glad to hear the first day went so well!

3. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@AprilFool: @Mrs. High Heels: Thanks ladies! He finally fell asleep around 11:40 p.m. and then I was able to fall asleep sometimes after midnight. I'm soooooo tired this morning. But Xander seemed in a good mood, so that's good at least.

4. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Silva: Yay! Hopefully she will start napping better once she gets use to it.
    @Adira: Poor guy!!

5. Adira

@Smurfette: How's R feeling? Weren't you saying she had a runny nose and stuff the other day?

6. Smurfette

@Adira: Well she isn't waking up with a face full of snot so that is good. It still is runny, but getting better. She finally ate more normal yesterday but then wouldn't eat this morning. Drooling a ton. Pooping a lot still and it isn't back to solid. I am not sure what is going on with her. She didn't go to sleep till 8 last night and was up at 6.

7. Adira

@Smurfette: Awww, I hope these babies of ours feel better soon!!!

8. Smurfette

@Adira: I am really over the poop!

9. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Smurfette: @Mrs. High Heels: B actually only has 2 words- not 6 that is our big concern.
    His Pedi e-mailed me back this morning- we are starting the process for speech delay. He is going in for a hearing test and an initial meeting with a speech therapist. I am hoping that being proactive and starting early will be a good thing for him!

Had my ultrasound this Am for baby girl.... The tech didn't give me much info- just they were looking for a possible defect in her heart. She said the OB would be in touch with me today. (The ultrasound tech was super nice because I think she knew I was FREAKING the F out!) So we are just waiting now.... oye.

10. Adira

@cheert16: It can never hurt to get ahead of the game for delays, even if they are minor or really non-existent! Anything you do can only help!

And that totally sucks about the ultrasound and not really getting any information! I hope everything is okay!

11. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@cheert16: On the talking thing, we're still in the little-to-no-talking club. Finn has a few more words than Elliot, but less than 6 or 7 that I'm sure he has actually said. E has said: ball, dog, and I think, rock. He also says "Memememememe" when he wants something, so I *think* he might be saying "me." Neither of the stinkers will say anything close to Mama, but they are both kind of trying to say Daddy more. Based on what our ped told us at their 15 month appointment, I think E may need speech therapy services, but I doubt Finn would qualify. Our ped said if they didn't have 6 words by 18 months he would want to refer them. On the u/s, I'm sending you lots of good thoughts that the OB will have good news. That's so scary!

12. Mrs. Blue

@Adira: We did Santa last year (their one bigger gift) and then just a couple of small things from us (books, bubbles, etc.). We'll keep that up this year, but I don't think we'll do a gift from them to each of us. I think they need to be older to "get" that more.

As for us, we're doing okay. Trying to settle into our new city, house, and life. I have two more weeks of work and then I'm going to be SAH for a while. I'm really excited and terrified! The boys are doing great, minus still being delayed in speech, but they've shown significant improvement in receptive language in the last 2 months and Finn is making more strides in active language as well. They're top molars are stillllllllll working on coming in. Literally, a month ago I could feel the first points starting to come through, and we only have a tiny bit more than that now. It's the round of teething that never ends.

13. Adira

@Mrs. Blue: Oooh, congratulations on being able to SAH for a while!!! I hope you love it!!! I know you really wanted to do that! And that's awesome about their speech improvements! How much are the top molars bothering them as they come in?

I did notice that Xander definitely has at least one of his top molars already, so he's definitely working on his canines. And the other top molar I think is coming in, but it's not there yet. So maybe SOON he'll really have most of his teeth!

14. Smurfette

@cheert16: I think being proactive is never a bad thing. I am sure he is going to do great once he starts. I am so sorry about the ultrasound. Keeping you in my thoughts. Keep us updated.
    @Mrs. Blue: The boys are going to love being at home with you! Molars take forever and a freaking day!

15. Mrs. High Heels

@cheert16: I heard so many great things about early intervention on the boards and blogs - I don't think you can go wrong with being proactive. Hope the process is a smooth, fun one for all of you! Hope you hear back from the ultrasound tech soon, the waiting is so hard.

@Mrs. Blue: How did the move go?! Are you loving your new city and home? I hope the transition to SAH goes well for you. So many new exciting things going on in your life!

@Adira: @Mrs. Blue: J's top molars came in already! I think that's why he was being such a beast the last few months. For some reason, I was expecting them to come in closer to 2... but I guess if we think about it, 2 is just around the corner!! Can't believe it.

16. Mrs. Blue

@Adira: Elliot has a lot harder time with teething then Finn. Finn has had a few bad nights in the last couple months, but overall is pretty good. E on the other hand. It's been brutal. We'll have a week of HORRIBLE nights followed by a few days or a week that are fine, and then start the cycle all over again. I wouldn't mind so much if the crappy weeks resulted in major teething progress, but it really hasn't.

They still only have 6 teeth that are all the way in! They are working on top molars and the other two bottom front teeth. I can feel lumps where the bottom molars should be coming in, but nothing is breaking through yet.

@Mrs. High Heels: We are! It's been a rough few weeks because we've had different child care every week, etc. but I think once everything settles down, it's going to be a really, really good move for us! Oh, and something you said on the other page reminded me to start giving that fish oil again. I ordered some when you told me about it and gave it to them for a couple of weeks, and then I forgot about it in the move! Must get back to that.

17. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

We had our first "noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!" this morning, followed by 5 more before daycare drop off. So it begins.

18. Mrs. High Heels

@Mrs. Blue: haha I should stop preaching the fish oil lest I start sounding like a crazy person, but it can't hurt right?? Glad things are going well! Different childcare each week?! I can't imagine!

@Corduroy: Uh-oh. Here we go!..

19. Smurfette

@Corduroy: so fun isn't it!! R shakes her head while saying na na na, over and over again.

20. Mrs. Blue

@Mrs. High Heels: Yeah, since we had to move early than expected and thus leave out beloved daycare before my job ended, we've literally got 5 weeks of different childcare each week. It's borderline disastrous, but they're handling it as well as can be expected. I don't know if the fish oil works, but they're big jump in language (receptive mostly) followed after we started. I need to try again and see what happens so I can preach the message like you!

@Corduroy: oh, gosh, here it goes! We haven't not acquired that word yet, and I'm so okay with that!

21. Adira

@Corduroy: @Smurfette: Ugh, Xander has recently mastered the correct pronunciation of "no" and says it ALL THE TIME. Trying to put him to bed, he's just all "Nooooooooo!!! Nooooooooo!!!"

22. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Day two was a little rough. She was pretty sad all day, according to the provider, and was exhausted but had trouble falling asleep.

I'm feeling really grateful that I only have to work 3 days a week. I am exhausted. My whole body hurts from doing so much sitting after chasing a toddler around for months! And all the prep work for her lunch/ getting stuff ready for dinner/ washing a million dishes- oy! I can't wait until Thursday when I can go for a walk and take a nap with her!

23. Smurfette

@Silva: it's going to get better! Hang in there.

24. Mrs. High Heels

@Silva: It does get better!! Sorry to hear the 2nd day didn't go so well.

25. Adira

@Silva: Awww, poor girl! But she'll get used to it and it will get better!

26. Smurfette

Lately whenever I put R in the car seat, she tries to buckle herself in! I hope this doesn't mean she is going to try and unbuckle herself.

We are on Croup watch. Another kid in the class came down with it. She was coughing last night, but so far all sounds normal.

27. Mrs. High Heels

@Smurfette: My daughter went through a phase like that. To this day, she cannot unbuckle herself even though she does know how to snap the buckles in. I would think they would've tested this feature thoroughly.

We are on HFM watch. I know a few cases of girls who got it in DD's class, and just found out a little boy has it from J's class.

28. Smurfette

@Mrs. High Heels: I hope so. I know some kids can unbuckle themselves.
    Oh no! Fingers crossed for both of us.

29. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Mrs. Blue: We went through a few transitional daycares when we moved. It was tough at the time but we're happy now that we're all settled. Good luck to you!

So two days after "nooo!" started LO is now shouting "mine!". I think she found the toddler handbook.

On the plus side, LO has been waking up after 6am. Three days in a row now - or longest streak since birth. Knock on wood.

30. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

How long will this transition take? T woke up a crazy amount last night, and wouldn't go back to sleep no matter what we tried. She'd be passed out but as soon as we left the room, up again. So sad. My husband slept on the floor in there. Today is the first of my four days off with her, so hopefully she will feel more secure tonight and we can get some sleep.
    I even tried CIO for longer than we normally do, but it didn't seem to be working even at 40 minutes, and it felt pretty crappy because she was obviously just feeling scared/upset by daycare.

31. Smurfette

@Silva: Since R started day care so early, 12 weeks, I can't really answer that. But it took a good 3 weeks when we switched centers before there was no crying at drop off.
    Could she be teething too?

32. Adira

@Smurfette: What does croup sound like? Xander likes to buckle his chest clip himself, but he can't undo it, and so far, he ignores the buckle!

@Mrs. High Heels: Yikes! Hope you guys don't get HFM!!!

@Corduroy: OMG, so glad Xander doesn't know how to say "mine" yet!!

33. Smurfette

34. Adira

@Smurfette: Thank you for that! Xander's had a bad cough for over a week, but it definitely doesn't sound that bad - it sounds like a normal cough. I hope R doesn't get it!!!

35. Smurfette

@Adira: She was up all night coughing, but luckily it is just a normal cough. Fingers crossed. The snotty nose is back. But it is the first morning in a week, she woke up without a poppy diaper.

36. Adira

@Smurfette: Hopefully whatever she has is just a normal cold!! Fingers crossed!

37. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@cheert16: Waiting is hard. I wish the techs were aloud to give out info.

@Mrs. Blue: That is so exciting that you are going to get to stay home with your boys. What a fun age to be with them. Glad you are settling in.

@Smurfette: I hope she doesn't get croup.

@Mrs. High Heels: Hopefully your two don't get HFM.

@Corduroy: Yay for the later sleep. Those are two words I'm not looking forward to.

@Silva: When Isaac started daycare at 12 months it was about a week or so of really bad sleep. The first night after he whimpered most of the night and I had to just hold him while he thrashed around. I hope your enjoying your day at home today and you all get some sleep tonight.

In the last week Isaac has learned two signs, it must be from daycare because I gave up on signing a long time ago. He's known milk for a while and now he knows more and eat. So cute.

38. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

Still waiting to hear back from my ultrasound.... nothing like staying on the edge! I finally put a call in today so hopefully I will hear back soon!!

39. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@cheert16: I hope they give you a call back today.

40. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

FINALLY got a call back! Everything is OK!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee