Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: He's such a social butterfly!

@Adira: Haha, he sounds so cute pointing to his tray! I hope he warms up to sausage, or other meats, again soon!

We met potential new dog today and I her. I think we are going to move ahead with the adoption but I have to see if we get approved by the rescue group before I know for sure.

Also, for the LOs who are at daycare, do they still sleep in cribs or on cots/mats? When Pete starts at his new nursery school in September, he'll be sleeping on a mat. I have no idea how to help transition him over the next few weeks so he's not completely bewildered when they place him on a mat. My boy loves his sleep but I'm not sure he'll stay down if he's not confined in a crib!

2. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@QueensBee: J sleeps in a cot at school, but a crib at home. I was worried about this too, but sometimes peer pressure is a wonderful thing. I think when he sees the other kids around him sleeping in cots, it helps him do the same!

3. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@QueensBee: So glad you love the new dog!! I hope everything goes smoothly so you can adopt her!!

Xander's still sleeping in a crib, but he's still with the "infants." I think the toddlers sleep on a mat. Hopefully Pete will do okay just because all the other kids will be sleeping on mats too!

4. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Mrs. High Heels: @Adira: Three cheers for peer pressure! Thanks for the reassurance. It may take a few days but he'll figure it out eventually, right?

5. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@QueensBee: R has been sleeping on a cot at day care since right before 12 months. No issues at all! Even switching day cares. We just send the same type blanket that she has at home. Even though she usually doesn't sleep with it at home, except for naps.

Yay! for the dog. My nightmare is 1 dog, I can't imagine 2!

6. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: So glad to hear other babies have transitioned to the cot easily! Thanks!

And, haha yes, I will have my hands full with two dogs! But I do have DH and my folks around to help out. They also think i'm crazy for wanting this....!

7. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@QueensBee: We have two dogs too! Maltipoos so they're indoor dogs and pretty low-maintenance bc they don't shed. They're actually my in-laws dogs, and since they live with us they take care of them. Its been nice raising our kids with dogs!

8. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Mrs. High Heels: I think Bob Dylan once said, "Chaos is a friend of mine." Two dogs will be a little chaotic but hopefully not impossible. It's nice to know you guys can make it work with two babies and two dogs. And two in-laws!
    I'm a little nervous but, unlike babies, I don't think going from one to two will be too big of a deal (famous last words). I'm already out on a 6am and 10pm walk, I might as well have two dogs with me instead of one!

9. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I'm sure he'll come back around to sausage. So cute that he points to his tray! It is amazing what these toddlers come up with.

@QueensBee: I hope the adoption goes through. As for sleeping at daycare, Isaac sleeps on a matt. He hasn't had a problem since day 1 and naps better at daycare than at home. I wouldn't worry about it and I'm sure he'll do fine.

10. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@QueensBee: DD sleeps on a mat at daycare too. I noticed her adjusting to the transition. She would test out the bath mat and the rug in the kitchen so see if those were nap mats too. She figured it out pretty quickly. Daycare says LO wakes up twice during her nap every day. I don't know if she gets up off the mat or not.

11. Adira

Ugh, I HATE daycare drop-off!!! Xander was FINALLY getting excited to see me during pick-up and now I'm on drop-off duty for two weeks and it SUCKS. He just cries and tries to cling to me. I feel so bad.

12. Smurfette

@Adira: aww, R was clingy to me this morning too. She is a teething, runny nose, not eating mess though. These are days that I wish that I didn't work.

13. Adira

@Smurfette: Yeah, Xander's also sick, so maybe that's part of it. It just sucked having to pass him off to someone when he clearly wanted to stay with me.

14. Smurfette

@Adira: She was fine after a minute and was happy to have another kid there so early to play with.

OMG, the amount of snot that was dried on R's face this morning and came out of her nose this morning, was disgusting.

15. Adira

@Smurfette: OMG, gross!!! I've had mornings like that with Xander where I go in to get him and his sheets are covered in dry snot and so is his entire face! So gross!!! Hope R feels better soon!

16. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: @Corduroy: Awesome, so happy to hear all this positive feedback about sleeping on mats! And haha to testing out the kitchen mats!

@Adira: That must be so hard for you. Sorry it was such a rought morning.

@Smurfette: Yuck! Hope she's feeling better soon! Sidenote: I took a quick look at LittleK's thread on newborn photo outfits and I just loved seeing R's photos as a brand new peanut! So crazy how much they have changed since then!

17. Smurfette

@QueensBee: I know. Makes me a little sad she isn't that small still. Then I remembered how much work she was, no thanks!

18. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Corduroy: So cute that she was testing out the other mats to see if they were suitable for sleep.

@Adira: Poor mama. Hopefully it is better tomorrow.

Isaac could really care less these days when I drop him off. He is too happy to see his friends and play with toys. He won't even blow me a kiss, though apparently he blows kisses to all the other parents. Little stinker. I am glad that he is happy to get dropped off there though.

19. Adira

@ALV91711: haha, that's what Hubs says Xander is like when he drops him off!! He just puts Xander down and Xander blows him a kiss and runs off to play! I think part of the difference for me might because I'm dropping him off 30 minutes earlier, so not as many of his friends are there yet!

20. Adira

Morning success!! Xander woke up early, which was a bummer because he didn't get enough sleep, but I got him up and gave him a piece of toast while I finished getting ready and that seemed to put him in a good mood. When we got to daycare and I handed him off to his teacher, he just blew kisses at me and was totally fine with me leaving! Yay!

21. Smurfette

@Adira: Progress!!

R would not go to sleep last night. I even laid on the floor of her room by the crib, finally left and had to tell her to lay down through the monitor. Then she woke up screaming an hour later. Then woke up twice last night, but luckily put herself back to sleep. She hasn't eaten much the last two days either. I can see the top canine's and they were almost all the way through the gums last night.

She woke at her normal time 630-645 and was super happy this morning. While I am dragging.

22. Adira

@Smurfette: Aww, poor R!!! That has got to be brutal to have teeth coming in. I'm glad she eventually fell asleep and was at least in a good mood this morning! Bummer for you though. It's sooo hard to function when we're dragging. Extra coffee??

Which reminds me, Xander has at least his two bottom molars in. I don't know about the top because he won't let me check. And I think he's got his four incisors on the bottom in (finally). So I'm declaring him as having 10 teeth!

23. Smurfette

@Adira: I don't drink coffee! But I have a big cup of tea. He isn't/wasn't bothered by the molars? Those were a bitch for R.

24. Adira

@Smurfette: Hopefully the tea will help! Though I think tea has less caffeine than coffee, right? And considering that Xander's molars seemed to sneak in without me noticing, I'm guessing they didn't bother him? Maybe he doesn't have sensitive gums????

25. Smurfette

@Adira: count your blessings!! And pray #2 is the same.

26. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh, I am DEFINITELY praying for that!!!! I just can't imagine an easier baby than Xander or even one that's AS easy! Baby #2 HAS to be more difficult, right???? I'm trying to prep myself for a harder baby, but I just don't know how since Xander was so easy!!

27. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Whoohoo glad he is adjusting to you at drop off!! And you are so so lucky for having a baby who doesn't seem to mind new teeth coming in. I didn't even know that was possible!!

@Smurfette: Ugh that sounds like a terrible night! I can't imagine having to do all that alone. Is DH home tonight to help if it happens again?

So I'm sitting on the couch next to our potential new dog!! She is sweet as pie and so loving. A great family dog. But, I'm actually quite nervous because I think she's much younger than we were told. We wanted a very old, slow dog to keep our current old, grouchy dog company. They listed this one to be 9 years old and mellow. I think she may actually be a young pup who acted older because she was recovering from surgery and extreme neglect. Now that she's healthy again, she's quite playful and rambunctious! I'm not sure she'll be compatible with our other dog, but they seem to be okay at this moment. We're in a bit of a trial period to figure it all out. We'll see!

28. Smurfette

@QueensBee: how long are you doing the trial run?

Curses, she is getting all 4 canines at once. She went down like normal tonight. DH should be home any mintute so he can help tonight if she wakes up at least.

29. Adira

@QueensBee: Interesting assessment of your potential new dog! I'm curious if she really is younger than stated or if she's just a lively old dog! When will you make a decision?

@Smurfette: Fingers crossed that she sleeps okay tonight despite the teeth!!

30. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I'm glad this morning went better, hopefully it stays that way.

@Smurfette: I really hope she sleeps better tonight. Teething is horrible! Good to hear that your DH will be there to help out tonight.

@QueensBee: How long of a trial period do you have? I hope the dogs get along. How does Pete like this dog?

We're have a little heat wave here and it sucks. Yesterday was the hottest day of the summer and none of us slept very well. Luckily even though today was hot it was a bit cooler after dinner. Thankfully it is supposed to be back to normal temperatures this weekend.

31. Adira

@ALV91711: Ugh, heat waves suck! Glad the temps are back to normal!

This morning wasn't as good as yesterday. His favorite teacher wasn't there, so he did NOT want to leave my arms. No crying though! Just the glare of betrayal.

Also, Xander's top two canines are coming in. No wonder he fights me like a banshee when I'm trying to brush his teeth!

32. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

Hi ladies!!! I missed so much while i was gone, is there a cliffs notes version?!?!

33. Smurfette

@blackbird: yep, teething sucks ass

34. Smurfette

@Adira: He is getting those before his bottom molars?

35. Adira

@Smurfette: No, his two bottom molars are in. And I'm not sure about his top molars because he won't let me check his mouth, but I was able to see that his top canines are coming in. And MAYBE his bottom canines, but I couldn't really tell.

36. Smurfette

@Adira: It might be his top molars and not the canine's. I know R's look like canine's for a week and then it turned out to be her molars. Either way, he glad that he is so easy with teething.

37. Adira

@Smurfette: Oh, could be! I'm not really sure. I got a quick look and I thought they were his canines, but he was fighting me, so who knows! But yes!! I know I've been VERY lucky in this teething process!!

38. Smurfette

@Adira: Maybe he will get his canine's.

I had to fish something out a little girl's mouth yesterday at R's class party. She had her middle two bottom teeth but I was shocked to see her bottom molars but no lateral incisors yet.

39. Adira

@Smurfette: That's like Xander. He at least got one of his bottom molars before his lateral incisors started coming in. Now he has both his bottom molars and his lateral incisors are most of the way in, but not completely!

40. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: @ALV91711: @Smurfette: We are going to take her with us to the family lake house for all of next week. It will be a new environment for both her and our old dog. I will have DH with me to help wrangle them. If they are still fighting when we get home, I may have to bring her back to her foster mom. But the good news is that things have improved a lot already! So I am hopeful they can make it work...

And the vet today said he thought she could be anywhere from 6-8, so not a young pup but not quite as old as we thought.

@blackbird: Welcome back! Haha my only update is that we got a new dog who may not be getting along with our old dog. And that has nothing to do with March 2013 babies, whoops! I totally went off topic. Anything new on your end?

@ALV91711: Ugh I love summer but I hate the unbearable heat. Do they know how long the heat wave with last?

@Adira: Awe, the glare of betrayal is the worst!

@Smurfette: Wow, glad both bottoms are in! Two more teeth down!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee