Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@QueensBee: Glad things are getting better. Fingers crossed it goes good next week. Have fun!
    What bottoms are you talking about? R is getting all 4 canines right but has had her molars for awhile.

2. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@Smurfette: I'm betting @QueensBee: meant that for me since Xander has recently gotten his two bottom molars!

3. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: @Adira: Oops, I thought because you were "shocked to see" her bottom molars, they were new additions. I knew she had gotten her molars already (they took forever to come in!) so I was a bit confused but thought maybe you had meant the top molars earlier. I totally misread it, sorry!

Pete and I are getting so attached to each other this summer. It's going to be so hard to bring him to a new daycare in a few weeks. I cry each day thinking about it. Sigh, can't wait for the transition to be over. Trying to cherish each moment in the meantime.

4. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@QueensBee: we are starting day care / work on Monday. I'm really, really sad about it. I want to fast forward a few weeks so that we can just be through the adjustment part

5. Smurfette

@QueensBee: oh I was talking about a girl in R's class yesterday. She broke off a piece of a plastic fork in her mouth so I was digging in her mouth to get it out and away shocked she had her molars cause she just has middle bottom ones. Need less to say she didn't like me afterwards. Oh well at least she didn't eat plastic.
    Aww! Enjoy their time you have left. School starts here next week!!

6. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Silva: Good luck on Monday!! I feel your pain. I'm sure she'll do great, even if it takes a little white to adjust. So hard though...

@Smurfette: Ohhh I totally didn't catch that! I must have read way too fast. Must have been before my morning coffee!

7. Smurfette

@Silva: it will be ok!! I bet she does better then you think!

8. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

I haven't posted in ages and there is so much to catch up on!! I had to come and tell someone who would understand though that tonight naked time resulted in pee on the rug and poo on her anywhere chair!! Add "She's pooing, she's pooing, grab her" to things you never expected to say

9. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@QueensBee: @Silva: Good luck with starting daycare. It might be hard in the beginning but am sure it will smooth out. Enjoy your time left with your LO

10. Smurfette

@AprilFool: lol!

11. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@AprilFool: oh no!!!! We've never had a naked poo, but lots of naked pees!

12. Smurfette

R has had diarrhea for the last couple days. Super tired too. Hasn't pooped all day today, except for when she woke up. I put her down for a 2nd nap today and she woke up 15 mins later. I go in there and she had pooped, and of course it was a rare moment that she just had a diaper on, so she stuck her hand in it. She had it all over her hands and mouth. So pretty sure she ate some, so gross!

13. Adira

@Smurfette: OMG, gross...

14. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@AprilFool: Yuck! I'm glad that hasn't happened here yet.

@Smurfette: Oh yuck, so gross.

Since we still have no grass and it is pretty warm we spent the afternoon playing in the garage. DH filled a rubbermaid with water and we put some bath toys in it. Isaac had lots of fun. Then he played with the little boy next door for a bit. I think he was pretty worn out by bedtime.

15. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Silva: I hope the first day tomorrow goes all right. Enjoy being at work and being able to do things with two hands.

16. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@ALV91711: thanks

We did so much prep today. Hope I packed enough food.
    Also hope I can sleep!

17. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Silva: Try and get a good sleep. My first day back to work I had been up since 3am. Isaac was fussing all night and wouldn't even settle completely laying on me. Needless to say it was a long day.

I can't remember, did you do d daycare trial?

18. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@ALV91711: I spent an hour with her there last week, and then the next day she spent about two hours there by herself....

19. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Silva: That is good, at least she is familiar with the place then.

20. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@ALV91711: I hope so! Oy. Here we go. Next chapter.

21. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Silva: Thinking of you today. Let us know how everything goes! Hugs!

22. Adira

@Silva: Good luck today!!

23. Adira

I know it's super early to be thinking about this, but are you guys doing Santa at all this year? We didn't last year because I knew Xander wouldn't know the difference, but we are definitely planning on doing Santa in general. Just wondering if he's really old enough yet or not.

Also, are you guys planning on doing some sort of gift from your LOs to your SOs?? And if you are, what??? I'm not creative enough for this...

24. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: We did Santa last year and will do it again this year. I know he doesn't understand but it is fun for me! Last year we didn't do gifts from LO to each other and I don't know if we will this year either. I think once he is old enough to take to the store and help pick something out then we will.

25. Adira

@ALV91711: Glad you're leaning that way with regards to the gifts! I feel like some people do nice crafty projects with their LOs to give to other people, but I just don't think I'm creative or crafty enough to pull something like that off!

26. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: I tried to do salt dough handprints last year for gifts and it was a total flop, so I'll be staying away from anything crafty too. Last year I just put Isaac's name with ours and the gifts we gave to family. I mean, they know he isn't going out and buying presents anyway.

27. Adira

@ALV91711: Yeah, I did that too with gifts to family! I just wasn't sure if I should be giving Hubs a gift specifically from Xander. Although... Hubs probably won't even THINK to get me a gift from Xander, so maybe I shouldn't worry about it!

28. Smurfette

@Silva: Thinking about you both today!
    @Adira: We did Santa last year. Santa brought one gift and then we gave her a couple more. This year Santa is bringing a play kitchen. I think that will be the only Santa gift again this year. Then we will get her a couple things. Small again this year cause I think next year she will get understand it better.
    Once she can pick out a gift for Daddy then we will do that. Otherwise I will just save the money. DH and I don't buy much for each other. We would rather save the money for things to do for the house.
    We do have R make gifts for grandparents, aunts/uncles, and the rest of my family. But we have a tradition that the kids always make a gift.

29. Adira

@Smurfette: Thanks for the info on what you guys do! That's a good point - Hubs and I don't really do much for each other, so it doesn't really make a lot of sense to go out of my way to have Xander do something. Maybe I'll think of one "big" gift to have Santa bring Xander and be done with that. Not sure what though.

30. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

I'm back!!!!! I haven't been on in awhile (just popped in here and there) because I got laid off from work for 1/2 of June and July- but I am back at work today (got rehired!)
    I am SOOOOO far behind, but wanted to give you guys a quick catch up on what's going on with us!
    Bradley is doing well- he is a daredevil and lil trouble maker! He is growing well, and still doing everything great- except for talking. (Anyone else's boy still not talking????) He says Mama, and YiaYia (greek for grandma) but nothing else. We have been working at home like crazy on talking, and we basically narrate the whole day- but still not much progress. My plan is to e-mail his pedi today to check and see what our next steps are or if he wants to wait another month!
    We are MID- bathroom renovation at our home- so that's been crazy!! And we are starting our upstairs hallway (getting new floors) and the nursery for our little lady.
    Overall I have felt great- but I am going in for another ultrasound tomorrow for the little lady to get a few things checked out. My fingers are crossed that there is nothing wrong- and I am hoping once we get past this ultrasound- I will feel better and be able to connect with my little girl a bit more! (the anxiety of something being wrong is a killer!)
    SO.... that's my novel of catching up!!
    What's going on with you guys??

31. Adira

@cheert16: Welcome back! So glad you were rehired at your job! I can only imagine how stressful that must've been to be laid off with one child and another on the way!! I've heard it's pretty normal for boys to be slow in the talking department, though Xander does say more than B does. He's got about 6 words he uses consistently now (Mama*, Dada, Crah "Cracker", Jeers "Cheers", Uh-oh, Doggy, Ducky). Good luck at your ultrasound tomorrow - I hope everything is okay!

*He's actually stopped saying Mama recently, the jerk.

32. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: Welcome to the Club of Gross Poop Stories! Yuck!!
    How is her tummy today?

@Adira: I think we will start a little bit of Santa traditions this year. We will probably have one or two gifts wrapped from Santa, will talk about him a little bit, leave cookies out for fun. I don't plan to do a lot though. I don't thing Pete will give DH a gift unless it's a little handprint craft. Depends on my creativity and energy level, but I won't worry if he gives nothing this year!

@cheert16: welcome back! It sounds like you have been very busy! Congrats on the job, that must be a big relief! And I hope everything goes well with tomorrow's ultrasound.

Pete can say a few words regularly, mostly animal sounds. He still doesn't say mama or dada, the stinker! I think it's worth a call to the ped for your peace of mind but I don't think it's a red flag yet, especially for boys.

Have you tried baby sign language with him? Pete lets us know when he wants milk, night night, more, and help with baby sign. He picked it up quickly last month and it helps avoid tantrums!

We are at the family lakehouse this week and I'm pretty sure Pete wants to be adopted by our next door neighbors. They have a beach with 14 different construction truck toys. He seriously plays there for hours. Pushing trucks this way, carrying them to different spots, pouring water on them, making truck noises. I have to pull him away screaming when it's time to go back to our place! I will probably buy him one of these trucks for Christmas because he just loves them so much.

Sorry for any typos, I'm typing on my tiny phone today and it's hard to edit!

33. Smurfette

@cheert16: Wow, laid off and rehired! Talk about stressful. Glad that B is doing so great. I think 6 words is great. R says na (no), wa-wa (water), bubbles, Mama, Dada, nite nite, bye. Then has maybe said 3 or 4 other words (hey, yellow, turtle) once. Day care said that she says something for diaper but I haven't heard it. Our pedi says they want 10-15 works, besides MaMa and Dada, by 18 months. So I am not really worrying about it yet.
    I am sure your little girl is perfectly healthy!!
    @QueensBee: She woke up this morning and had pooped sometime overnight. I told day care to just give her water today. I know she missed her milk this morning but I am wondering if it is upsetting her stomach. She isn't eating much but she does that when teething. But acting fine so I am not sure if she has a virus or the pooping is from teething. I see one canine has cut through.

34. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@travellingbee: We've had a few naked/bath poos and she usually freaks the f out!

@Smurfette: Must of been poop day! Hope R is ok.

@Adira: We will be doing Santa but I don't think she will get it this year. Only people LO gave gifts to last year were her grandparents, which was a handprint ornament and a framed photo. I think we will wait until she can pick out gifts from now on.

@cheert16: Wow stressful month! Yay for getting rehired. In the last week H has started saying about 4 new words, water, more, cat and dog. So went went from nothing to something really quickly. Hopefully B will be the same. Good luck with your ultrasound.

35. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@cheert16: Welcome back!! Glad to hear the good news about getting rehired! 6 words is really good at his age... my pediatrician just wanted to hear 4-5 by 15 months! J's language really exploded around the 17 month mark. He's been imitating us a lot lately, and went from 4 words at his 15 month check-up to 14 words now (and 1 phrase - "get down"). I don't know if it's because of the fish oil or what, but I still think it helps.

36. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Thank you all for thinking of us! Today went well, no tears at drop off and only a few at pick up. She took a short nap, but if think that will improve with time. I did okay, too! Had to slow myself down because I was speeding to go get her - I was so excited to see her!

Lots of work though. I'm so tired, and still have to clean up the kitchen and finish packing lunches.

37. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@cheert16: What a stressful month. Glad to see you back. I think boys are slow at talking. Isaac has close to a dozen words now but until a couple weeks ago he only had 3. Now every few days he says something new and hardly says some of the other words he knows. Hope the u/s went well and everything is good with your little girl.

@Adira: So far my plan for a big gift for Christmas is a little table and chairs. Then probably two or three other toys and some books and that will be it.

@QueensBee: Help is a good sign, I'm going to have to teach Isaac that one. He does milk and I noticed this weekend he does eat if you say eat and he is hungry.

@Silva: Glad you had a good first day.

38. Smurfette

@ALV91711: My Dad is going to make R a table and chairs for Christmas. I can't wait till she makes DH have tea parties with her!

39. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Daddy daughter tea parties are the cutest!

40. Adira

@ALV91711: I was actually thinking a little table and chairs too!!

Ugh, sick baby is making for a rough night here... I think he maybe finally fell back asleep after crying for over an hour.

Nope... Spoke too soon...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee