Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Did he nap without it? I hope you can get him weaned this weekend.

2. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: Thanks!

@ALV91711: Nope, nap was a fail today! After an hour of his putzing around in his crib, we took him on a trip in the car and he napped for about 30 minutes in his car seat. DH is up there with him now trying to get him to sleep for the night without the bup bup. Fingers crossed we have more success with this one!

3. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@QueensBee: good luck quitting it! I totally forgot to bring one to daycare Friday and didn't know until I picked her up! Whoops. Turns out she wasn't traumatized, but she has them again for naps and bedtime. I'm just not ready to take away my big crutch. MIL works at an orthodontist office and says it isn't a big concern with her teeth since they're coming in crowded-DH and I had bad teeth so she's probably SOL, anyways. So....meh.

4. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: I hope he has a good nights sleep.

@blackbird: I think if I had a second on the way I wouldn't want to be changing too much either. Her world is going to be changed enough in the upcoming months.

5. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: Thanks!

@blackbird: Thanks! I also wasn't very concerned about quitting the paci right now (had been planning to try over the summer), but since we couldn't find it on Friday night and then we all survived to tell the tale, I figured that maybe we should just forge ahead. It helps that Pete is healthy right now and I have a few days off from work, so it's not the end of the world is sleep sucks. If I were third trimester pregnant, I definitely would not attempt it!

He actually slept from 7pm-7am last night so that was a success! But he's very cranky this morning without it.

We're trying to wallpaper our first floor bathroom today so that should be interesting. Pete loves to be a "helper" with home improvements!

6. blackbird

@QueensBee: sounds like a big success to me!!!

7. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@QueensBee: huge success!

8. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@QueensBee: That sounds like a success to me! I haven't been brave enough to try yet!

Sadie turned two this week!! Her 2 year well check was Friday. She's 12th percentile weight, and 50th for height. She's surpassing all of the milestones on the doc's chart, so she's doing great!

9. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@blackbird: I love that party idea and invitation! I want a cookies + milk bday party this year.

10. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@photojane: Happy 2nd Birthday!! I can't believe this has happened already. Good to hear she is healthy and growing good.

It seems we have hit good sleep. He is now sleeping constantly from 7pm to 6am with an almost 2 hour nap. It is so nice not to hear a peep in the middle of the night. I never thought we'd get to this with all the terrible sleep he has always had.

11. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

And we've reached the hitting stage. He isn't hitting us or anyone and I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. But when he gets mad or frustrated he hits the walls, couch, table, toys, basically whatever is in reach. We tell him no hitting, I hope it stops soon.

12. Smurfette

@ALV91711: we haven't had that yet. Went through a brief hitting us stage.

Tonight I look at the monitor and she has completely taken off her sleeper. I was just going going to leave her but she started messing with her diaper. Luckily she finally went to sleep not long after I got her dressed again. We gave her a pillow and she seems to like it.

13. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Smurfette: Hopefully that is the only hitting stage you have to go through. Little stinker taking off her sleeper. I'm glad Isaac doesn't undress himself yet.

14. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

Oh gosh, I haven't been on here in ages to update, as I've been so focused on TTC, but here is where we are at:

L is doing very well. He is willful and throws fits, but they are short and manageable. He wants to do everything himself. "My do!", "Mine!" "My help!" are his favorite phrases. He is talking a LOT and puts together short sentences like "Uh-oh fall down boom." or "Papa go beach?" He is still eating very well although a little bit pickier than he used to be. Sleep is still rough but better than it was. We at least can get him to go to sleep on his own now, but he still wakes up and comes in bed with us nearly every night in the middle of the night.

We are registering for the new school year already and he is moving from the toddler room into the preschool room!!!! Oh where did my baby go??

We are planning a small-ish birthday party for him at a city park that has a train and a party room. We are thinking of doing lunch/cake, pinata, and train ride, plus free play in the park. Sent out invites last Friday.

We are still TTC. Next cycle we are going to do a monitored clomid cycle and see what happens.

What else.... I guess that's it. Things are trucking along.

15. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@photojane: Happy Birthday to Sadie!! So happy to hear she is doing great!

It's so bittersweet to watch these LOs grow up. Right now we are trying to wean Pete from the pacifier and, while I'll be so happy when he's done with it, part of me already misses this little bit of babyhood and the way he asks for his "bup bup!"

@ALV91711: Wow, that is a great stretch of sleep! Pete isn't hitting but he kicks around a lot. He does is playfully and to push limits, and he almost always ends up in time out! No hitting yet but i wouldn't be surprised if that comes next. Hopefully all will pass eventually...

@Smurfette: I can't believe she took off her whole sleeper! I guess she wanted a little fresh air! Pete is definitely not coordinated enough to attempt that. He can pull the zipper down to his belly button and then he gets stuck.

@travellingbee: Good to hear from you on the board! I try to follow along on your TTC journey through your other posts and am hoping you get your bfp when you start trying again in the spring! I can't believe L is moving into the preschool room! It sounds like he's doing really well, especially with his language. The party sounds like it will be a blast- a park with a train?! That's my LO's dream come true!

Our "bup bup" update: Nightime sleep has been awesome since kicking the pacifier! He's slept in his own crib from 7pm-6am every night but one since Friday. I think he still wakes up but realizes that there is no pacifier to cry for, and then gets himself back to sleep. Naps are less successful though. He screamed and cried for an hour yesterday afternoon, and his eyes looked so red and tired that I caved and gave him the pacifier, and then he collapsed into sleep for two hours. He's at daycare right now without one there so we'll see how he does today.

Now I am off to chop a few inches from my hair. I have been feeling like I need a change. Just hoping I don't regret it! Eep!

16. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@ALV91711: Sorry about the hitting! Xander went through a phase of hitting us and recently has been hitting other kids at school.

@Smurfette: Oh my gosh, I'm sorry! I'm glad Xander doesn't take his clothes off yet, but he does stick his hands down his pants a LOT. So frustrating!

@travellingbee: I can't believe he's moving to a preschool room! Crazy!! And I'm sorry TTC is taking so long for you. I hope you get good news soon.

@QueensBee: That's awesome Pete's finally kicking the pacifier habit!! Yay!! And that the nighttime sleep is going well since then. What great progress!

17. Smurfette

@travellingbee: Sounds like L is doing great. What age is preschool? I am keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle! I can only imagine how hard it is. I am so worried about when we start next year.
    @QueensBee: I took a video when I saw what she was doing. It was the one sleeper that doesn't have a button to cover the zipper. It is 2T so a little big on her, so she had room to wiggle out but it was impressive.
    That's great that he is sleeping at night without it. Now onto naps!

18. Smurfette

@Adira: It wasn't a big deal. I was laughing about it.

19. Adira

@Smurfette: haha, it would've been a big deal if there was a poopy mess to deal with!

20. Smurfette

@Adira: true! Luckily she did that in the middle of dinner at our neighbors house. She never took her diaper off, but was sticking her hand in it, so I put the sleeper back on.

21. Adira

@Smurfette: I'm scared of the day Xander can take his own diaper off...

22. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@Smurfette: Oh are you going to start TTC next year?! I'm glad you came to a decision together about that then! Yay!

23. Smurfette

@travellingbee: yeah the plan is around June. We would sooner, but I can't have a winter baby. I would go crazy locked up in the house every day with a newborn. So will be a 4 yr age gap, which helps more financially, less time with 2 in day care.

24. blackbird

@Smurfette: yay!!! A 4 year age gap will be totally fine. R will be so much more self sufficient by then and probably baby obsessed.

25. Smurfette

@blackbird: I think it will be better for her. DH and I both said a newborn wouldn't be fair to her right now. With him traveling still, I wouldn't have time for her.

26. blackbird

@Smurfette: Totally 100% get that. I think you guys will be in a really good spot by the time #2 comes along, family, financially, etc. Sounds well thought out And it's SO hard when your spouse travels a lot

27. Smurfette

@blackbird: I am in a wedding in Mexico in November. No way I am getting pregnant before then. I am paying for an all-inclusive, Mama is going to get her drink on!
    But I agree I think by the time we have another, the 4 yr gap will be the best for our family. Now I just have to hope that my 37 yr self won't have issues getting pregnant and being pregnant.

28. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: Glad you and DH were able to come up with a plan about future pregnancies! It's such a tough decision and always subject to change, I'm sure! And that all-inclusive wedding in Mexico sounds amazing. You definitely don't want to be pregnant for that!

@Adira: Thanks! Yes, we are feeling good now that we have gotten a few nights of sleep. For the first time in a while, I feel like we have things more under control. I feel more rested, I'm getting to the gym more, the house is clean... it almost makes me think we could try for baby #2, which obviously will it throw it allllll off all over again!

29. Adira

@Smurfette: Ooooh, I missed that you guys came to a decision about baby #2! I'm so excited for you!! I think a 4 year age gap will be just fine and R will be able to help you soooooo much with the baby! Plus little girls love babies, so she's going to be so into it, I think.

@QueensBee: Ahhh... how do you have time to go to the gym??? I haven't been since I was pregnant with Xander!

30. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

This morning I told Isaac's daycare teacher that he has been hitting things and she said he has been hitting and shoving for a while now and he acts like a full blown 2 year old!

@travellingbee: Preschool room already! That just seems too soon. A train party at the park sounds perfect. I really hope you get your BFP soon.

@QueensBee: Hope he did good with his nap today. And if not, hopefully by the weekend he'll have the hang of it. How is your chop? I've been contemplating a new hairstyle but I'm too chicken.

@Smurfette: A 4 year age gap sounds perfect. I'm glad you guys have come to a decision about this.

@Adira: The last time I stepped foot in the gym was when I was pregnant. I'm too tired for that!

31. Adira

@ALV91711: Glad I'm not the only one neglecting the gym. Xander has been hitting and shoving at daycare too. Must be the age.

32. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: Oh, I already know I will never make it to the gym with two kids either! Don't get me wrong, I'm still about 10 lbs. heavier than my pp/happy weight and I don't do intense workouts. I just find that going 20-30 minutes for a few days a week makes me feel a lot better and energized. So that, plus full nights of sleep, has made me feel like a million bucks this week, lol!

@ALV91711: He slept! His teachers said that he fell right asleep and napped for 1.5 hours. We had an epic battle to get his socks and shoes on before daycare this morning. That was definitely a glimpse of the terrible twos! I need to find a way to get him dressed more easily.

The chop went well! I asked for it to be cut at my collarbone and I brought some photos off pinterest. The stylist was super pleasant and I like the way it looks. It's not my favorite haircut of all time but I'm happy with it! How long is your hair?

33. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: Sleep is definitely the key to feeling good. I've almost felt normal the last few days and as a plus I'm starting to sleep through the night too!

My hair is just past my shoulders. Just blah right now and time for a change. I'm going to consult my sister who is a hairdresser for ideas. It is just too bad she lives 15 hours away from me.

34. Adira

@QueensBee: When do you go to the gym? After Pete's in bed?

My hair is too long. I need to schedule a hair cut before I return to work. I'd like it to be just past my shoulders so I can still pull all of it up into a ponytail.

35. Adira

Xander has been waking at 6:00/6:30 these days. Luckily, he usually seems okay to just play in his crib for a little bit. I can hear him talking to his teddy bear right now!

36. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Adira: I try to go once or twice on the weekends, and then three afternoons during the week. On weekdays, I go there straight from the train and workout from 4:00-4:40pm, and then pick up Pete at 5pm. DH doesn't come home from work until 8pm, and there's just no way I can get myself to the gym that late, especially in this cold weather!

6-6:30am wakeup is great. I love listening to them play in the crib! Pete usually wakes up crying but he'll be okay to hang out in there every once in a while.

When do you have to go back to work?

37. Smurfette

@QueensBee: I chopped my hair to shoulder length right before R's 1st bday. I then spent the last year growing it out. Right now my hair is about to my middle back/little past my boobs. I like it much better this length.

38. Adira

@QueensBee: I wish I could work out before picking up the kids from daycare, but that's not possible with my schedule. Oh well. I go back on Monday.

39. blackbird

@Adira: I want to chop all mine off, too!!! But i think i will wait until next Spring. I love having a short and trendy haircut, but I am self conscious about it when my weight is up (especially PP) and it is *so easy* having long hair that i can just let air dry, throw some gel in, or throw in a french braid and put up. For me, short hair needs to be styled to look "done". But i do miss having a sort of trendy and sassy hair cut. My hair is super long right now (bra strap) but I'm hesitant to do anything with it before the summer.

40. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Smurfette: I may end up growing mine out again too. It's okay for now, and I just needed a change, but I also love long hair!

@Adira: Awe, sorry you have to go back so soon. I hope you enjoy all the snuggles these last few days! And I'm sure Xander is going to keep an eye on his little bro at daycare! I think you should definitely treat yourself to a haircut this weekend.

@blackbird: Ooh, I hope you'll post a pic of your sassy haircut when you decide to go short again!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee