Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Spring 2013 Mamas & Toddlers

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@blackbird: I actually think I look worse with long hair in my chubbier state. And I don't think I'll go too short with my haircut! I still want to be able to throw it into a ponytail for those middle of the night feedings.

@QueensBee: Thanks! At least this time around, I'm not so nervous about daycare since I know one of the teachers is amazing with babies and she loves Xander and is excited to take care of Logan. Not looking forward to the long days though... getting up at 4:30/5:00 every day is going to suck.

2. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Adira: oh wow, how time flies with you going back to work Monday. Glad you feel that L will be well taken care of.

Things here have been a little crazy with B having a stomach bug so he was home Monday and Tuesday. Luckily DH was home in the evenings. Last night was aweful because I was solo and B kept waking too. So I got like a combined 3h of sleep... No fun... Other than that he's doing really well. This evening I was holding both of them when B went to bed. Ha, glad humans have two arms

My hair needs a cut as well. Still trying to figure out what I want though.

3. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@Pumuckl: One baby in each arm= Super Mom! Hope you get some more sleep this week!

I'm home sick today (gross head cold) while Pete is at daycare, and I almost don't know what to do with myself. It's so quiet around the house. I'm hoping that I'll start to feel better after a day of rest.

He's definitely gearing up for the terrible twos. So much for my hope that the worst is behind us! He basically collapses into a heap on the floor at the very second that he doesn't get what he wants. However, when he's happy, he's so so cute and sweet, singing and laughing, telling jokes and being silly. The highs are high and the lows are low!

I was kind of amazed this week that Pete knows our "real" names. I can ask him, "What is Grandpa's real name?" and he says, "Tony!" or "What is Nana's real name?" "Pat!" They seriously pick up on everything!

4. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

We just had our first poop on the potty!!

Isaac said he had to poop and I asked if he wanted to sit on the potty. He did and he pooped right away. He was pretty freaked out but then he got excited with me.

I think we will be potty training sooner than I think.

5. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@ALV91711: wow way to go Isaac! Good job!

@QueensBee: Hope you're feeling better today. Crazy Pete knows real names. We're no where near that

6. Adira

@QueensBee: Xander just learned Hubs' and my names - probably because we use them when talking to each other. But it's so funny because now Xander will shout our names if im"Mama" and my"Dada" don't get our attention fast enough!

@ALV91711: Yay for pooping in the potty!!

Today is my last day! I go back to work tomorrow.

7. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: Your haircut looks great! Enjoy your last day at home today. I hope everything goes smoothly your first days back. It must be nice that you know the teachers and are familiar with everything at daycare this time around.

@Pumuckl: Hope B is feeling better and you got a bit more sleep.

@QueensBee: Hope your feeling better. That is crazy that Pete knows everyone's names.

8. QueensBee

pear / 1718 posts

@ALV91711: Wow, a poop on the potty is a big deal! That's awesome! Did he use the potty again over the weekend?

@Pumuckl: Thanks. I actually ended up feeling way worse yesterday and then finally feeling better today. I think I may have had some strain of the flu, it was terrible! My energy is still low but I'm hoping to get back to work tomorrow.

@Adira: Clever boy! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping your first week back goes well. Those first days are so hard. Hope you get a good night of sleep tonight. P.S. I love the new haircut!

9. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@ALV91711: poop is impressive!
    @Pumuckl: Hope your house is feeling better.
    @Adira: I am sure tomorrow will go great!

I am over winter! R has a runny snotty nose, not eating, and I can just tell not feeling like herself.

10. Adira

@ALV91711: @QueensBee: @Smurfette: Thanks ladies!! I'm mostly nervous that I'm going to forget something (or that Hubs will forget the baby!!!!). Also, soooooooo not looking forward to all the bottles we'll have to wash every day now!

11. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@QueensBee: Nope, he just used it again the one time. He did sit on it before his bath but nothing happened.

@Smurfette: I'm with you, I can't wait for spring. I feel like we are stuck inside and one of us is always sick.

When I was out shopping today I decided I'd buy some training pants and give them a try next weekend. The smallest size they had were 18 month and they are too big! They fit nicely over his diaper and he was pretty excited to have on big boy underwear, even over his diaper. And the smallest big kid underwear I could find is 2T.

12. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Smurfette: yes. Over the sickness. I've passed it on to DH and now he has a fever! Sigh.

@Adira: good luck tomorrow!!!! Hope everything is smooth sailing. Give us other mamas some hope LOL

13. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@Adira: How is Logan sleeping?

14. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@blackbird: oh no, hope your house starts feeling better soon.

@ALV91711: could there be smaller sizes available online?

@Adira: good luck today Hope all goes well.

@QueensBee: good to hear you're feeling better!

@Smurfette: Everyone is feeling better but for me. Really hoping it's just a regular cold and not the flu (I had a raging fever yesterday and am just generally miserable).

15. Adira

@blackbird: I'll let you know how it goes! Though getting up at 4:30 was hard. I'm hoping I don't actually have to get up this early again, but I wasn't sure how long everything would take.

@ALV91711: He sleeps awesome just like his big brother!! Didn't even wake for his dreamfeed at 9:15 and I had to wake him this morning to eat at 5:30!

16. Smurfette

@Adira: how did you get so lucky to get 2 great sleepers?

17. Adira

@Smurfette: I have nooooooo idea!!! Definitely feeling thankful, especially since I had to get up so early anyway. Though I think I might be willing to trade sleep for less health issues... hoping Logan doesn't have too many allergies or asthma, but at least I know what to look for this time around.

18. blackbird

@Adira: Ugh i hate 4:30 wake ups. I've only done them when we all STTN and I work out! Not just...general wake ups. At least he's a good sleeper!!!!

19. Adira

I think maybe we already had this conversation, but what are you all serving for food at your LO's birthday party?

20. Smurfette

@Adira: Since it is MM Clubhouse theme hot dogs! Will have some chicken sausages or brats as well. Then having fruit, veggie tray, chip, and pasta salad. Having cupcakes for dessert, no cake. I think that is all. I am sure I will end up making something else. I would rather have more food. I can't believe her party is next weekend.

21. Adira

@Smurfette: Thanks for the ideas! I was definitely thinking I'd do veggies/dip, crackers/cheese, fruit, but I wasn't sure what else to do. Hot dogs is a good idea - I might do those pigs in a blanket or something. I'm also doing cupcakes, no cake! It's just easier.

22. Smurfette

@Adira: We are having her party at 5, so we are doing more dinner stuff but still snacky foods too. My family hangs around a long time, so they can still graze.

23. Adira

@Smurfette: Xander's party is at 11:00, so it's hard to figure out what kinds of food I should have. I'm thinking lunch foods since that's what time Xander usually eats lunch, but my mom seems to think I should have breakfast food like bagels.

24. blackbird

@Smurfette: Next weekend, already?! Ah! Such big girls!

@Adira: Definitely hot dogs--kids like them and you can make them in advance and just keep them warm! I like the pasta salad idea, too, because you can also make that early. I'm also a fan of meatballs+sauce in a crockpot

25. Smurfette

@Adira: What about brunch?
    @blackbird: I know! We are having it the weekend before her bday. Then I am taking a half day on her bday, and going to bring cupcakes to day care. Then check her out early. I still need to make those Mickey Ears you sent me.

26. Adira

@Smurfette: 11:00 seems late for brunch to me??

ETA: Also, what kinds of foods do you even serve at brunch?

27. Smurfette

@Adira: Brunch is 11 to me!
    Breakfast casserole, mini pigs in a blanket, fruit, little sandwiches, cinnamon rolls, bagels (could have lunch meat for those that want to make sandwiches), bacon, sausage, quiche, etc.
    and mimosa's!

28. blackbird

@Adira: CHICKEN AND WAFFLES!!!!

29. Adira

@Smurfette: Hmmm... maybe I should do brunch!

@blackbird: What kind of chicken??? Waffles are a good idea though - I have these mini waffles that Xander LOVES that I could serve.

30. Smurfette

@Adira: really? Fried of course!

edit: I forgot you aren't from the south

31. Adira

@Smurfette: You'd serve fried chicken at a brunch??

32. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@blackbird: @Adira: @Smurfette: hahaha... I thought everyone knew and loved chicken and waffles!

@Adira: Sadie's party started at 11, and we served lunch. Chicken nuggets (Chick-fil-A), pizza, chips/goldfish, veggie tray, and strawberries. Then, we had cookies and cake for dessert.

33. Smurfette

@Adira: with waffles, yep!

34. Adira

@photojane: haha, I didn't know chicken and waffles were a thing! And I totally WANT to just do pizza - sooooo easy! But with Xander's milk allergy, I want to avoid the "main" dish being something he can't have.

35. Adira

@Smurfette: WTF??? That looks both gross and delicious, haha!

36. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Smurfette: YUUUM. I could eat that every day.

@Adira: Chicken nuggets? Mini ham/turkey subs/sandwiches? PB&J for the kids?

37. Smurfette

@photojane: with a side of sweet tea!

38. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Smurfette: yes, please!

39. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Adira: We did a bagel bar for LO's birthday this weekend. It seemed to be a hit and it was really easy. Her party started at 10am but people ate 11-2.

40. blackbird

@Adira: They totally are, and I hardly ever have them here, but i've had cheese/green onion waffles with fried chicken (you could just pick it up from the local grocery store). I mean, 11am is lunchtime for ME. I would eat lunch food. So chicken and waffles would excite me. And you know the kids would like all of it! Just serve them separately. Waffles on one plate, chicken on another! Done and done!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee