My 20 month old has generally been a great sleeper. Every few months she may have a night wake up each night over the course of a week or two, but usually ties to teething/cold.

Recently she's been waking up every night sometimes two or theee times. If she just fusses we let her cry a bit and sometimes she falls back asleep. More frequently her crying escalates, she screams for mom or dad, is fully awake, shaking crib rails. When we get her sometimes she falls asleep on us in the chair and transfers back to the crib well.

More often, she cries and begs to eat or read. She is only consoled by mill or a pouch or banana, or by reading books.

Im at a loss for what to do. I try to say that it's time to sleep, tell her a story in the dark, song, etc. but she won't calm down. Re: eating, she genuinely seems hungry. We feed her dinner and a nighttime snack but this is still happening.

Anyone been here before and have any advice? I've seen guidance on sleep regressions but haven't found any real steps to take. Would welcome any feedback, commiseration, or links to resources. Thanks so much!