SOS!

For the first year of my sons life he napped for 30 minutes on the dot. It was brutal and exhausting and we tried every single thing and nothing worked. Once he was 1 we switched to one nap and let him CIO if he woke too early and it worked. He's never been a great napper. But 1.5 hours or so. Sometimes 2. In the summer when we could get him outside all morning he would nap 2ish hours. Most recently his naps have been an hour an 10 mins.

Now he is 23 months. The last couple weeks naps have been a shit show. He cries going down (always always has. It's brutal) and now is up 30 minutes later. On the dot. Giving me flashbacks to his first year. Except now it's only 1 nap a day instead of multiple. We tried CIO and it worked a few times but now it's not working at all. Literally 30 minutes on the dot from the time he falls asleep, he starts screaming his head off.

Any tips?? Google is only bringing up infant sleep when I google 30 minute naps.

Thanks for reading! Also he did have a 15 minute nap one day and he was miserable, so I don't think dropping naps is the answer. I hope not anyway.