Hi all, quick explanation first but you can skip to my question at the bottom.
ETA: I'm sure there are similar threads on this topic but I'm on my phone and can't search archives. So if anyone has one feel free to share. Thanks!

My baby boy is 15 weeks today and I'm pretty sure that last week we hit the "4 month sleep regression"/growth spurt/wonder week. He JUST started sleeping through the night with no feedings - I did some very light weaning but he stopped waking for feedings before I was even close to being done. I thought we'd have another month or so of one night feeding, so I was pleasantly surprised when he stopped on his own. Since then I would just pop in the paci a couple times and he was fine, 7pm-7am. That lasted for 5 days. Then suddenly he is a madman with all of the Classic "symptoms" of the regression/spurt/wonderweek.
Of course it's also happening while I'm staying in the same room as him in my parents house (yes, I've tjought maybe that's related - but I really think it's a spurt of some sort, physical or mental, based on what I've read). The first night here we had his best night yet - not a single wake up, not even for a paci. My feet didn't touch the ground once that night and it was GLORIOUS. That might be why the 2nd night, when he woke up 4 times and stayed awake an hour or more each time, made me feel like a madwoman. I thought we had hit the magical, true STTN phase and then WHAM!

So, my question is - during the 4 month regression OR spurts, did you give in and feed at night even if your LO had stopped night feedings? What about other soothing mechanisms if you were trying not to pick up/Rock before? If you caved, how did it impact the future? He was a really great sleeper until a week ago and I'm afraid that this week(s) will ruin him.

My first night I held strong and didn't feed and barely picked up because I was convinced it was just a bad night and I didn't want to make him dependent on the bottle or rocking again. I knew he could sttn without feeding so I fought it. And it kept my entire family up who had to work the next day. So the next night when he woke early again and couldn't be comforted I caved and fed him. He still woke up multiple times after that. Didnt feed though. Each night since I have fed him twice. I feel like we have taken an enormous leap backward because he hasnt eaten twice during the night for over a month. But I don't want to keep the house up AND if he is in a spurt I feel bad denying him food.
Additionally, both because I'm tired and because I don't want him to wake my family, I am going against all of the hard work I put in to let him self soothe. He can still be put down for bed or naps drowsy but awake. But during naps and night he is waking multiple times and I am running over and putting the paci in right away and often times picking him up and rocking him because I don't want a scream fest like the first night. A couple of times I laid down in bed with him because I was so tired I was afraid Id drop him on the wood floor from the rocker. I've NEVER had him in my bed before. I haven't picked him up or had to rock him practically since he was born! I used to pop in the paci, rub his head, and that was good enough. Now he just screams if he wakes enough to realize I'm in the room.
I know this is 10% question and 90% rant. But I really am looking to see if anyone else caved for feeding and soothing, and if it created habits you had to break later.
Or, someone to just tell me that this will be over soon and I'll have a happy sleeping baby again.