Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

A Cornocupia full of BFPs aka November 2013 POAS..

1. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Maybe this is a stupid question, but do people generally begin poas 12dpo? If you don't know exact o date, do you just pick day after next cycle is due or late? Or just some random day. It's all so new to me!

2. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@dc yoga bee: Hm. Well, I had been POAS at 10dpo, because right after coming off BC my luteal phase was only 11 days. But it's started to be around 13 or 14 days now, so I've pushed back my date to 12dpo. I don't think there's really a 'right' time to test. Some people start really early at 8dpo, some wait til a missed period because they don't like seeing BFN. If you don't know exact O date, I would just pick ten days after your fertile week?

3. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Littlebit: Mexico sounds awesome!!

4. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

Let’s bring on those BFPs!!! Sending baby dust to everyone! We have a cornucopia to fill.. so let’s get the BD started….

POAS Date:
    November 2- Sandy
    November 3- Gingerk, Mrsmcd, Norcalwayfarer
    November 6- Mrs. Jump Rope, Loopedd
    November 8- Bhbee
    November 9- Mrs. Amethyst
    November 12- Cavalierkcs, Cole, Whatsarahsaid
    November 17- Mrscdh
    November 19- Shaynanigans
    November 20 – Cmbknyc, Littlebit
    November 21- Jmarionsmith, mrskoloa
    November 22- Ottilie
    November 23- DC Yoga Bee
    November 24- Mrs. Confetti
    November 30- Pawprints

TBD: Chibee, Princessandthebee

Cheerleaders: Autumnlove, Delight, Wheres_C, Lovehoneybee, Mrs. J, Mrs Scottish, Orvis18, Babyboecksmom, Boopers

5. mlm2934

grapefruit / 4311 posts

With my long cycles, there wasn't a POAS date for Oct, but almost Nov time!

Estimated O Date: 10/23/13
    POAS/AF date: 11/6/13
    Cycle: don't wanna talk about it lol
    Chart: nope
    Trying new this cycle: well I was on antibotics which caused some amazing EWCM this month lol
    What are you looking forward to this month (not TTC related): running some races!

6. littlek

@dc yoga bee: It's possible to get positives around 8DPO. It's more a matter of what you feel comfortable with, if you don't mind seeing negative, test early, if not test later. I tend to fall in the impatient category and test early.

7. littlek

I really really hope November is our month! Fingers crossed for everyone!

8. cram88

cherry / 232 posts

Maybe joining will be good luck for me...

Estimated O Date: October 25th (CD 16), not confirmed yet

POAS/AF date: November 4th if O date is correct

Cycle: Good question. Implant out in January, pregnant on the third cycle, missed miscarriage with D & C at 11 weeks, one cycle NTNP, one cycle ttc, next cycle was a chemical, another cycle ttc and now here I am. I'm on cycle #10 since January, #4 since the missed miscarriage and #2 since the chemical.

Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42a437

Trying new this cycle: For once I will be distracted during the first week of the TWW. Husband is on vaca and we are moving!

What are you looking forward to this month (not TTC related): Thanksgiving and my son turning 1.5 on the 21st

9. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@runnerd: welcome back

10. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@bhbee: I can't even tell you how excited I am..I just told my husband 'five more sleeps!'

11. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@ShayNanigans: @bhbee: I feel the same way...sigh. But I refuse to let that happiness be taken away from me! The fear that it will happen again, that's what's going to be hard to ignore.

November is a month for giving thanks and I have a feeling there will be many 's to be thankful for

12. Kate6214

cherry / 245 posts

Cheerleading until I get my first period since my mc.

Good luck to everyone!

13. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@littlek: me too! I've been reading way, wayyy to into symptoms so far. It's too early to mean anything!

14. Mrs. Jump Rope

@runnerd: we are POAS twins! I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!

15. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: I've been totally feeling off and reading into very little thing that feels unusual....its getting ridiculous bc like you said it's really too early to tell...I'm kind of driving myself crazy

16. MrsCDH

olive / 71 posts

Hi girls,

Having a bad morning. I am working towards a promotion in the coming year, and to help me upskill my department is keen for me to attend a training course abroad this weekend.

The problem is they have literally asked me today, and if I go I pretty much miss the entire fertile window for the month...

I am so close to tears - why does ttc have to be so hard? Part of me is adamant that ttc is our current number one priority, and another part of me is realistic that life can't be put on hold in the meantime.

I'm just so frustrated that work have put me in such a difficult position. I can very reasonably refuse to go, and likely another opportunity will come up but I feel like an irresponsible employee. The benefit of me attending will be positive for my wider department immediately, but will only become a positive for me personally when I apply for promotion down the line....

Anyone else have an opinion on whether ttc should be the number one priority?!

17. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsCDH: oh man this is tough. I'm a first year attorney, and I got a promotion after 3 months, so we decided to wait. Then, I got assigned a huge project that requires my attendance at the national conference next year, so we decided to wait. Then I got added to an additional law group. I also come in on my off day, and work late. Woe is me i know, but at some point, (Which is now for us) we said we can't keep putting ttc on hold. I would've been at the firm for a year at the earliest if we're lucky the first try. That being said, my husband travels all the time and as soon as we decided to try in November he got assigned an audit out of town during my entire fertile week! We decided we wouldn't have him ask to move it because who knows if his next travel will fall? Yes, we are no longer delaying beginning to try, but life still does happen. I was really upset, but all of the sudden my cycle started two days early so i should o two days before he travels. Its a tough decision for sure I can feel your pain.

In my opinion, these are additional skills that will help you get a promotion later. I assume they are paying for the training as well? If you say they gave you short notice (when do they not lol) how soon do you think you could take it next time? Playing devil's advocate, that could fall during fertile week too. I would almost get the training in now and out of the way. That's what I did. My job sent me to 6 week long tainings during our 3 month delay. I have close to 200 CLEs now, so I really don't feel bad or irresponsible. You shouldn't feel bad either way you decide. You have to do what's best for you!

18. gksj

olive / 60 posts

I'm new to hellobee and am excited for my first post! Fingers crossed for November!

Estimated O Date: 10/22
    POAS/AF date: 11/5
    Cycle: 2
    Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/gksj

19. buffalove

kiwi / 640 posts

Estimated O Date: still waiting to O! thought it should have come around 10/20-ish, but now on CD 26 and still no smiley face. annoying.
    POAS/AF date: TBD
    Cycle: 2
    Chart: don't chart, just use CBE OPK's - love that little smiley face
    Trying new this cycle: nothing really new - SMEP again, OPK's - the usual. trying to put the fun back in trying as this has been a long cycle!
    What are you looking forward to this month (not TTC related): October being over! and Thanksgiving, my favorite food holiday

20. Lugrey508

cherry / 202 posts

Estimated O Date: 11/9
    POAS/AF date: 11/21
    Cycle: #5
    Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/lugrey
    Trying new this cycle: nothing new this cycle, going to keep up with acupuncture appts and smep.

What are you looking forward to this month (not TTC related): seeing my niece and family for Thanksgiving!! First year frying the turkey!

21. littlek

@MrsCDH: That's rough. I think I would go to the training session. BUT I would not be happy about it. I'm sorry you are being put in such a tough situation. Hugs

22. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

Cheering on everyone! I don't always comment but I always read up to see how everyone is doing.

@MrsCDH: As much as it sucks, I would go to the training and then get back on track next month. Hugs!

23. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Littlebit: Have a fabulous time! Certainly a vacation and "relax" are at the top of the list of "advice" for TTCers so here's hoping it does the trick for you!

@princessandthebee: Thanks! Another reason to spend more time on FF

@whatsarahsaid: & @cavalierkcs: Yay! Poas twins! I am a bit worried about this poas date, my husband will be out of town and he doesn't get back until Friday and then we have friends coming in the next morning. I really, really hope it is positive but I would so rather have him be here when I test. Fingers crossed I ovulate early enough that I can tell by the 10th when he leaves!

@dc yoga bee: One thing that didn't occur to me on my first cycle was that testing on a weekend is a better idea than testing midweek. A negative is a crummy way to start the day and if it is positive it doesn't leave time for celebrating. However, I am absurdly impatient so I started testing at like 8 or 9 dpo.

@MrsCDH: What a crummy decision to have to make. I guess there is no chance your so could go along? Will it be close enough that you can bd a lot before leaving and it might work?

@gksj: Welcome! I hope you find lots of luck here!

24. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Cole: good point! I would totally be testing midweek. I just don't know when I ovulate, so hopefully I get a positive opk to make picking which day to start poas!

25. doxielove

persimmon / 1388 posts

Estimated O Date: Around CD20ish, so around 11/16 or so
    POAS/AF date: Erm, I'll go with 11/28 (Thanksgiving!!), which is 12dpo and when AF will be here if I O on target.
    Cycle: #11, trying since November 2012. I've officially joined a POAS thread for every month of the year
    Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/doxielove
    Trying new this cycle: DH will be doing an SA this month, but other than that we have no new tricks up our sleeve...
    What are you looking forward to this month (not TTC related): Thanksgiving food!! Yum, turkey!

26. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Sending so much baby dust to you all! I hope that November is a great month for BFPs!!

27. Mrs. Jump Rope

Yesterday I had really, really bad lower back pain. I didn't sleep funny and I didn't have any sudden movement to cause it. My husband rubbed my back and said "you're pregnant." He said I had the exact same symptom with Chloe during my TWW with her. I've only had unexplained lower back pain once before.. With Chloe!

My mom just called me out of nowhere & said last night she heard a baby crying. She said it was a dream but was so real it woke her up out of a deep sleep. So you heard it here first -- my momma says I'll be having a girl this summer.

Now my mom & husband with all their superstitions has me all worked up. Damn the TWW!

28. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: FX for you!!

29. littlek

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Exciting!!!

30. whatsarahsaid

cherry / 235 posts

@cmbknyc @ShayNanigans @bhbee...I'm feeling the same way about any future BFP. Now that I've had 2 M/C's I just don't think I can be too excited when I do (hopefully) get my next BFP. It will just kick off a new set of anxiety and worries. It makes me so sad/mad because what should be a happy, joyful and exciting time is just scary now!

31. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: my friend sent me an IM during my TWW with R, saying she had a dream I was pregnant. I didn't tell her we were TTC, so I laughed it off but was secretly hoping it was true. And it was!

32. Mrs. Jump Rope

@Smurfette: that is do awesome! My mom gets these feelings sometimes and it freaks me out because it's always true. She predicted my pregnancy with Chloe & also my brothers move.. Weeks before anyone knew about our/his plans.

My former CWs mom is like that too. Awesome but kind if creepy!

33. littlek

@Mrs. Jump Rope: That is! I kept asking DH about what he thought the sex of our baby was and he kept saying to me, i don't know. The day of our US he wakes up and says "it's a boy". He had a dream we had a baby boy. We go to the US and it was a boy. Weird.....

34. Mrs. Jump Rope

@littlek: see? Creepy. My mom had a dream one night that my great-grandma came to her and asked for her help in finding my great-grandfather, who died when I was a few years old. My mom said they searched everywhere and gram "couldn't go until she found Lawrence." They found him at his favorite pub & my gram gave him a big hug.

My mom was woken up by a phone call that great-gram had passed away.

Effing creepy.

35. littlek

@Mrs. Jump Rope: that's creepy and at the same time so sweet!

36. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

My BFF also predicted our BFP (but it was short lived). We didn't tell her about the BFP/loss but probably will once we get our sticky baby (she's really sensitive and would probably take the loss harder than we did ;-)). She's also correctly predicted the gender of all the babies of her friends who were pregnant. Weird!

37. tigger223

olive / 68 posts

Estimated O Date: November 10th
    POAS/AF date: November 24th
    Cycle: 1st!!!
    Chart: I charted while avoiding, but I am not going to actively chart for a few months and see how it goes without charting. I got pretty good at reading my O signs while charting, so we'll see.
    Trying new this cycle: n/a
    What are you looking forward to this month (not TTC related): Cooking lots of yummy things for the holidays and finishing a lot of big projects at work

38. pui

bananas / 9899 posts

Good luck everyone!

39. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: @NorCalWayfarer: oh my gosh. These stories are so neat! My mom has said that she has vivid dreams that I have a girl first..but she hasn't predicted me being pregnant.

40. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Yall I have an extra 20min to use,on my lunch break so I stopped by walmart. To look at baby stuff. Im not even in the tww this is just going to drive me wild!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee