Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

A Cornocupia full of BFPs aka November 2013 POAS..

1. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@dc yoga bee: I totally do that at Target, make a little detour through the baby section to melt over things like teeny socks!! The insanity sets in quite quickly once you're TTC, right??

2. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@loopedd: this is our first month too! The socks and, shoes are too cute.

3. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

Let’s bring on those BFPs!!! Sending baby dust to everyone! We have a cornucopia to fill.. so let’s get the BD started….

POAS Date:
    November 2- Sandy
    November 3- Gingerk, Mrsmcd, Norcalwayfarer
    November 4- Cram88
    November 5- gksj
    November 6- Mrs. Jump Rope, Loopedd, Runnerd
    November 8- Bhbee
    November 9- Mrs. Amethyst
    November 12- Cavalierkcs, Cole, Whatsarahsaid
    November 17- Mrscdh
    November 19- Shaynanigans
    November 20 – Cmbknyc, Littlebit
    November 21- Jmarionsmith, mrskoloa, Lugrey508
    November 22- Ottilie
    November 23- DC Yoga Bee
    November 24- Mrs. Confetti, tigger223
    November 28- doxielove
    November 30- Pawprints

TBD: Chibee, Princessandthebee, buffalove

Cheerleaders: Autumnlove, Delight, Wheres_C, Lovehoneybee, Mrs. J, Mrs Scottish, Orvis18, Babyboecksmom, Boopers, Kate6214, Smurfette, Lovelyplum, Pui

4. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Alright I may be overly anxious, but does anyone start using opk before CD 10?

5. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@dc yoga bee: I did ONLY because my clomid cycle was cut short & assumed I'd O earlier if it would even happen. I needed the trigger shot and didn't O until CD17. I never got a +!

6. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: I used opk two months randomly and,never got a positive, so ive been thinking something is wrong with me ever since.

7. Mrs. Jump Rope

@dc yoga bee: Do you see an RE? I'm anovulatory so I need OI. I had two BFPS this summer, and both ended on/before 5 weeks. It's the first time I'd ever seen a BFP without Clomid, but I didn't use OPKs those times, either.

I've seen a + OPK twice. Once the month I got pregnant with Chloe and last week, after I had the trigger shot.

8. littlek

@dc yoga bee: I start around day 8 but I have a short cycle, around 26 days.

9. littlek

@dc yoga bee: Don't go to baby gap then.. that place has crazy cute stuff

10. Sprite

kiwi / 693 posts

Good luck and baby dust to all you wonderful ladies!!!

To add my own info to the mix:
    Estimated O Date: Today, CD18, got a + OPK yesterday
    POAS/AF date: Nov 8th is estimated AF arrival date, so that should be my official test date....but I am going to torture myself this month and start testing at 8DPO on the very slightest chance of getting a BFP on my husband's birthday
    Cycle: 7th
    Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/MrsSprite
    Trying new this cycle: Just doing the same things, since there isn't much more I can try at this point: FertilAid, FertileCM, B-Complex, Chinese herbs from my fertility acupuncturist, using pre-seed and OPKs, and OTC progesterone cream once O is confirmed.
    What are you looking forward to this month (not TTC related): Looking forward to celebrating my husband's birthday, since it kicks off the 5 months of the year where he is older than me!

11. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: its our first month ttc so we havent seen a doctor yet. I used opk last year because my cycle was only 26 days and I was curious if I was ovulating.

12. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@littlek: confession: i was on baby gap website last night!

13. thismustbetheplace

kiwi / 633 posts

O date: not sure, FF can't pinpoint it and my temps really haven't risen, though I'm past my usual O date..
    Cycle: 3
    POAS date: Please put me down for 11/8. AF would be due by that point if this is a "normal" cycle for me
    Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/thismustbetheplace
    Trying anything new: Not really. There has been a lot of work-related stress in our household lately and it took it's toll on our bedtime activities. If I did ovulate sometime in the last week we may not have BD'd enough to make things happen. *sigh*

14. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@dc yoga bee: I don't start that early but I know I ovulate late in my cycle. Last month I read somewhere that some people don't get the surge until late in the day so when my afternoon opk was borderline I took it that night around 9 after a 4 hour hold and got a positive then. The next day it was back to borderline. Maybe testing more frequently would help? A friend suggested I use cheapies and then confirm with digitals so that is what I am trying this cycle to save on cost since testing twice a day will add up fast!

@Sprite: It would be so fun to get a bfp for his birthday! The good news is you could always give him a "present" late-- at least in my house that wouldn't be suspicious! Can I ask which otc progesterone you are using? I am super anxious about the fact that I started spotting at 8dpo last month and the other times I charted my luteal phase was short too. I sort of want to give it a try but I am overwhelmed by all the conflicting advice I have found. Is it working for you?

I totally make detours through the baby sections just about everywhere I go! I love looking at the tiny things!

15. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: I think the back pain is promising! last cycle (which was a CP) my slipped disc suddenly acted up for no reason - I am guessing it had to be hormonal and maybe related to implantation? I don't remember having it with my other BFPs (CPs or the sticky one).

of course I am getting it now as I gear up to ovulate too - I have recently had a lot of ovulation pain so probably related.

fingers crossed for a sticky baby for you!!

16. Sprite

kiwi / 693 posts

@Cole: yes, that is a good point, a late "present" would work too, since we're not celebrating until the weekend after his birthday anyway. As far as the OTC Progesterone cream I've been using, it's Emerita Pro-Gest. I got it at Whole Foods, but I think it's also on Amazon, and I use it 3x a day after I get crosshairs on FF. I'm not sure if it's working, or if it's the B-Complex or herbs, but earlier this summer I was having ~25 day long cycles, and now they're up to a normal 28/29 days. I've read some people say the OTC cream doesn't do much and at most only gives you an extra day in your LP, but for me that's enough incentive to use it, since it's not very expensive (I think it was like $8 for the tube, been using the same tube for 3 months now) and my LP length needs all the help it can get when I O on the late side. Hope that helps!

17. Mrs. Jump Rope

@bhbee: I never would have thought backpain could be promising?! I'm 5DPO so I'm pretty sure it's too early for implantation.

I have to test out my trigger shot, too. I've never been so excited to see a negative!

18. Cole

grapefruit / 4649 posts

@Sprite: Awesome, thanks! I am doing the B vitamins thing but I figure if it can't hurt I may as well try the cream too. It seems like the potential side effects are low so why not. I keep reading about Vitex but people seem to either love or hate it so I am kind of afraid to try it.

19. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: I think you should at least take it as a sign that your hormones are doing the right things and this is a side effect!

how do you approach testing out the trigger? we are doing it next cycle so curious. I know you need to see a negative before you can trust a positive, but did you test every day or just wait a little while and then test? like I need another reason for excessive POASing . . .

20. Mrs. Jump Rope

@bhbee: I got the trigger on Wednesday at 11am & ordered Wondfo's on Saturday. I didn't bother testing earlier because I wanted to wait until I Od.

I plan to POAS each morning & watch the lines get lighter or negative. I want to see it get positive again. I'll confirm with a FRER and a blood test at my REs office. They told me to expect a reliable answer on November 6.

21. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

@dc yoga bee: I usually don't start until CD13, but I O late..usually CD16 or 17. I usually end up getting my + CD15!

22. Mrs. Cookie

blogger / persimmon / 1225 posts

@MrsCDH: That sounds so stressful, you poor thing! Honestly yes, TTC is our number one priority but I'm not currently employed, so really, I don't have advice except to follow your gut instinct! And regardless, hopefully you O early to make things less stressful!

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Wow, all that sounds so promising! FX!

23. MrsCDH

olive / 71 posts

@dc yoga bee; @littlek; @Smurfette; @Cole; @princessandthebee: Really appreciate your thoughts and input. With a little time to reflect and some much needed perspective offered by you lovely ladies, I have realized it would probably be best for me to go on the training course... life naturally has to go on regardless of what's going on in your personal life.

I have managed to delay departure by a day, and so depending when I O, I may still stand some chance this month. What really shocked me though was the strength of my reaction... this ttc business really gets under your skin, and catches you unawares when you least expect it.

Hoping for lots of good news over the coming weeks!! Best of luck all around

24. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

My boss just called and wants me to attend an out of town conference next week at the beginning of my fertile week. Ill be gone CD 10-11. FF says fertile week starts CD 11. If we BD on CD 09 and resume when I getback on CD 12 will we still be in the running? Life!

25. Bao

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22276 posts

Good luck this month ladies!!

26. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@dc yoga bee: Yep, still in the running!! Just get busy right before you leave, like wake up at 5 am if you have too, and as soon as you get home.

27. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Smurfette: i leave sunday on CD 9, so we will do it right before I leave, and not again,until CD 12 at night. Gah! !!

28. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@dc yoga bee: What info do you enter into FF for it to determine your fertile window? CD10-11 seems really early.

29. Smurfette

@dc yoga bee: I do agree with @LindsayInNY: 10-11 seems early. Are you tracking or using OPKs?

30. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@dc yoga bee @LindsayInNY: I guess it depends on cycle length. If you're Oing on CD 13 then fertile window would be as early as CD 11 (2 days before O/O-2). But CD 9 seems pretty early to be in fertile window, so I wouldn't stress too much about not BDing until CD12 (even if you O on CD 13 its still great timing). I would think Oing before CD12 is pretty rare? Good luck!

31. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Didn't want to be here but since I'm likely missing a POAS chance in October, here I am!

Estimated O Date: Oed on October 19
    POAS/AF date: Moved to Saturday, November 2 (14DPO)
    Cycle: Cycle #8 total, #1 post-chemical pregnancy
    Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/LindsayInNY
    Trying new this cycle: This is my first cycle using progesterone so prevent pre-AF spotting/discharge, which is why I'm waiting until 14DPO to POAS.
    What are you looking forward to this month (not TTC related): I'm turning 30 on the 4th. Not sure if I'm looking forward to that or not though, LOL. And we're going to AZ for Thanksgiving for my cousin's wedding and vacation!

If November's cycle isn't our month, I'll be back here with some updated stats next week!

32. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@LindsayInNY: I've only been tracking my cycle start and end days. No temps. Sometimes I put in CM, but that's it and it says fertile week is 5th-10th. I bought clearblue opk with the smileys to use starting day 10, but it says to use FMU so I may stop back by walmart and buy some cheapies to use at night as pp auggested.

ETA: I have an average 28 day cycle, but when I'm stressed its 26-27. My last one was just 27. Most months out the year its 28.

33. littlek

I am moving my testing date.. so I thought I'd join the party over here.

Estimated O Date: CD11, October 16
    POAS/AF date: November 2nd, 17 DPO
    Cycle: 1st month
    Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/littlek
    Trying new this cycle: We actually used OPKs
    What are you looking forward to this month (not TTC related): I'm making Thanksgiving dinner!

34. deactivated_account

GOLD / pomegranate / 3938 posts

@dc yoga bee: I'm pretty sure ClearBlue OPK's say to start using them on like your 6th or 8th day of your cycle the first time you are using them. I did that my first couple of months. Once you find that your ovulation date is more regular, then you can cut back to using just a few OPKs a month. That's what I do now. (Unless I get crazy and use a few a day.... it happens.)

35. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@littlek: 17DPO?! You're intense!! FX though

36. littlek

@LindsayInNY: I'm scared to see a BFN.

37. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@MrsMcD: youre right!!! It says day 7 for cycles 26-28 days long. I just downloaded the brochure on my phone lol. Thanks!!!! I initially watched their youtube video that said day 10. I thought that was late to start testing. Thank you!!!!

38. Smurfette

@dc yoga bee: I used the smiley OPK's but I used them in the afternoon. I would start on day 10-12 and but I always got my smiley on day 15-16. And I had a 28 day cycle. Good luck!

@littlek: 17?? When is AF due? I thought that I was strong waiting till 12 when AF was due.

39. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@littlek: I hear ya... That's why I wait to POAS until the weekend. So I don't have to go to work all upset =/

40. littlek

@Smurfette: I have a long luteal phase. AF is due Halloween. So if I test Saturday, I will be officially late. I'm currently at 12 DPO.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee