Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 POAS

1. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@madisonbee: What do I know though, 23 cycles and maaaayyyybe one CP. So I'm not exactly an expert at how to get pregnant.

2. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

What does ovulation feel like, if you've felt it? Especially on clomid/femara?

3. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: For me it's reminded me of when you exercise too soon after eating or drinking and you get a cramp in your abdomen.

4. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: hmm that's what I've been experiencing but it's on both sides. And it hasn't even been 24 hours since the trigger so I doubt I'm ovulating yet.
    Hopefully tonight!

5. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Well it is possible to ovulate on both sides!

6. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: yeah just unlikely since my left side only had really small follicles but ya never know!

7. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: You're gonna have to educate me. Now that you've done the trigger (does that induce ovulation?), what happens after?

8. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@madisonbee: once you trigger, ovulation is supposed to happen within 24-36 hours. It has been almost 24 hours now so I assume I'll ovulate any time.

9. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Oooh, gotcha. Thanks for explaining.

10. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

Proof that Wondfos take forever to darken. HCG probably 2,500 with this test.

11. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: yea, what a pain that must be.

12. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

I made an appointment with an RE in June. I hope I don't need to see them, but at least it gets me in the door if we do!

13. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@madisonbee: Let's hope you don't need it but I'm glad you got an appointment!

@mrskansas: That's crazy!

I started Clomid last night (CD 3). Woke up in the middle of the night sweating profusely, despite the fact that we keep the house at 55 degrees overnight. Really trying to do what I can to stave off the crazies this cycle. Rode my bike to work yesterday to force myself to exercise. It's about a 13 1/2 mile ride round trip and VERY hilly, especially on the way home. I've been thinking about giving Daily Burn a shot, so I might start the "True Beginner" series tonight. Also trying to eat healthy and get plenty of sleep. Probably should try to work some yoga or meditation in there too. Anything to keep me sane so I don't cry or yell at my husband too much!

14. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

Well I just left work for a two hour round-trip home so we could BD one more time
    I think I already ovulated and if so we were only able to do it twice beforehand so hopefully it was enough. I keep reminding myself that it only takes 1 sperm!

15. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: Clomid is not fun. Hopefully it isn't too hard on you this cycle.

16. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@dominobee: I hope not too! I'm surprised it's sooner vs later though. I expected sometime around fall. Clomid does not sound fun. If I have to take the Femara, I wonder if the side effects would be similar.

17. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Get it girl! I think you're covered. Go, sperm, go!

18. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Yeah last two times I was on it I was kind of a nutcase

19. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: LOL that is dedication!

20. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: I had one day where I was particularly angry on Clomid but that's all I noticed (emotion wise).

And yeah I wish we would have been able to do it more but I think we will be ok!

21. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: I way overreacted at my husband saying something in a slightly rude way both times. Like one time I kicked him out of the car because I felt like he wasn't listening to my concerns! (We were like three blocks from home and I had another errand to run anyway, so it wasn't THAT cruel.) So I'm going to try really, really hard to keep my emotions and reactions in check this month. Agghh I really don't want any fights over stupid stuff!

22. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@madisonbee: Clomid wasn't that bad (for me). A few days of side effects is nothing if you plan on being pregnant and having tons anyways.
    I've heard that Femara is better and has fewer side effects.

23. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Ah, good to know!

24. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

This TWW is going to be brutal. At least I can't test early due to the trigger shot.

25. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: Ah I didn't think of that! When can you test? Or do you just go in for betas if you miss your period?

26. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: They will do a blood test at 14 DPO. I think I will test out the trigger though so I know whether or not I need to do the blood test.

27. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Oooh wow. I'll be rooting for you!!!

28. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@madisonbee: I hope you don't need that appointment, but it always helps me to know my next steps so I think having the appointment scheduled is a good thing.

29. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@dominobee: I hope the Clomid doesn't make you feel too crazy! Exercise helps me deal with stress, even just a short brisk walk outside if I can't do anything else.

30. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@mrskansas: 2 hours! That's dedication.

31. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

Hmmmm, just had a huge gunk of EWCM at work. It felt like I peed myself. It feels weird not using an OPK, but I WILL resist!

32. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@madisonbee: such a weird feeling but that's good! BD!

33. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: My OVIA updates itself based on the data I enter, so it moved up my fertility period from next week to 3/17 - 3/22. We've BD'ed every day since then, so I hope his boys are good swimmers. I'm gonna try not to symptom spot though (yea right).

34. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@madisonbee: yay! Sending lots of baby dust your way!!

35. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@madisonbee: I'm going to be symptom spotting for the next two weeks whether I like it or not, haha.

36. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas @madisonbee: Every time I say I'm going to be chill and every time I symptom spot and drive myself crazy.

37. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: Yup. Luckily (?) I'm on progesterone starting tomorrow so pretty much everything can be from that. The next two weeks I'll have sore boobs and be super tired and may not even be pregnant

38. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

I'm not sure what my POAS status will be, but I will also join as a cheerleader!

@mrskansas: so glad the clomid worked!

@madisonbee: @dominobee: Thinking of you guys!

39. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@mrskansas: I'm doing progesterone this cycle too! Sounds like we have basically the same meds this cycle. I'll be reading in earnest about your experience.

The RE had told me this would be way cheaper than coming in for all the bloodwork, but the progesterone was $60 and Clomid was $10, so $70 altogether! I'm like... how is that cheap? Maybe rich old doctor guy has a different idea of "cheap" than I do.

40. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: I paid $200 for a month supply of progesterone! The Clomid was only $2 but the Ovidrel was $100.
    Basically it's expensive.

Oh and my Lovenox that I have to start tomorrow is $8 a day. If I get pregnant and have to continue for 9 months, that's well over $2,000

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee