Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2019 POAS

1. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@MsHangry: True, but compared to the normal waiting times it's not too bad, I don't mind.

2. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@blairkiday: crossing fingers and toes for you, what a journey!

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

We are dragging over here. (I say that knowing I have to put my phone away soon when clinic starts)

Still negative OPKs and having weird temp jumps (TD seems to smooth them out)

4. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I actually got a positive OPK today, it’s so hard to train my brain to not bd now. Also, it’s so weird that I’ve been having EWCM for over a week. Yesterday though I knew ovulation was near because I got terrible pain in my butt which is from my endometriosis. I generally get those pains two days before I ovulate and again before I get my period

5. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

....just over here waiting for AF. She's supposed to be here today. I just want her to arrive so I can get this next cycle on the road and really get down to business!!

Alright ladies, I'm shopping on Amazon. Is Wondfo the best brand for Ovulation & Pregnancy tests? I saw a review that they're not as accurate as they used to be, but I don't know how trustworthy that is, so what do you all recommend?

6. blairkiday

pea / 8 posts

IUI done this morning. Now its the two week wait. I'm thankful that I had last month to give me the experience. I'm hoping I don't have as much anxiety this two weeks as I did last month. I'm just thankful that we've at least been able to get to this point. But man, that speculum hurt.....the nurse even had to pull out a different one because the first didn't work.

7. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@blairkiday: good luck!

8. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@blairkiday: fingers crossed!

ok so i just got my IUD out last month and did have a "normal" seeming period (after a couple of years of little to no periods because of IUD) Mar 14-19. in the past i have had pretty normal cycles, and just used my days to track, never charted/temped. my days estimated i Oed on 3/28 and now nearly a week later i am having EWCM so guessing i should take the clue from my body and try to BD tonight? i came down with a horrible bug mon/tues and feeling a bit better today but still can't imagine getting in the mood lol. but i should suck it up right!?

9. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@blairkiday: good luck! Very excited for you!

10. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@Sams Mom: I was thinking the same and going “oh I should post to get the ball rolling” so glad you did!
    Is your different wake time/morning routine changing your temperature recording this month?

11. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@LAZB: EWCM is a great sign for me. A few days before O but not reliable. So interesting about your endometriosis butt pain...

12. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I’m using pregmate 🤷‍♀️ I think it is accurate ?

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I use Pregmate mainly because the strips are wider (easier to squint at 😂)

14. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm hoping it's not another crazy cycle for you. You deserve one right from the textbook after that last one.

How is work now you've been there for a little while?

@JennyLayneAZ: I don't have much experience on taking tests as I usually get AF before my POAS date, but from the experience of others - just steer clear of FRERs.

@blairkiday: Good luck, I hope this is the one for you after all this time!

@maybebaby: I see you don't chart, but have you taken any OPKs or did your app just guess the OV date? Maybe you could take an OPK today and see where you stand before taking any further action, if you're not feeling well.

As for me, I got crosshairs on my chart today! I'll POAS (or not, if AF arrives early as usual) on the 15th.

15. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

🌹🌺🌻🌷 APRIL 2019 POAS 🌷🌻🌺🌹

• 4/1 - CatchAFallingStar
    • 4/3 - Phillybaby2013
    • 4/5 - JennyLayneAZ
    • 4/11 - maybebaby
    • 4/14 - MsHangry
    • 4/15 - paranundrum
    • 4/17 - BLAIRKIDAY
    • 4/19 - Sam's Mom
    • 4/20 - Yellowbeach
    • 4/26 - CatchAFallingStar

• TBD: mrskansas
    • No POAS date:
    • Drop-In BFP:

Good luck, ladies!

Amazingly Supportive Cheerleaders:
    • BhBee
    • Lazb
    • MrsJBeeG
    • GraceandJoy
    • Kaohinani (* hoping to join for the May cycle )
    • BreakOutTheIceCream

16. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@blairkiday: fingers crossed for you!

@JennyLayneAZ: I'm using pregmate this time around and they've been decent so far. Had one evap. I also liked Dollar Tree tests.

@LAZB: I know you usually conceive with meds but are you avoiding right now?

@maybebaby: I ovulated first cycle after my IUD was out but if you're not sure it couldn't hurt to BD. I'm sorry you're not feeling great.

Today is 7dpo for me. I'm trying to hold out until Saturday to start testing as I tend to get a little overzealous but that is unlikely. I'll keep you posted!

17. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Phillybaby2013: yep, we decided to do IVF because we want to do genetic testing to avoid another miscarriage

18. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@paranundrum: it was a moot point - hubby ended up coming down with whatever i have and was in bed by 9. not gonna lie, i've already tested a few times because i'm crazy but nothing exciting to report!

@Phillybaby2013: exciting!! the wait can take foreverrrrr

19. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Just checking in to say hi to everyone. It's a crazy week in our house. I'm getting ultrasounds and bloodwork every day leading up to this retrieval. It's looking like Sunday vs Monday at this point.

DH had to leave town emergently because our new nephew (3 days old) is super sick and had emergency surgery yesterday. Our family all lives 2 hours away. He took DD there and is leaving her with my mom until the weekend when she comes up to take me to my retrieval (DH is working).

Do you ever have those weeks where you have so many moving parts you feel like you are just barely holding things together? That's me. Right now. Headed to take a nap before my shift tonight.

20. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@yellowbeach: Oh man praying for your sweet nephew, that is so scary. hoping he is on the mend and everything goes well with the retrieval - that is a LOT.

21. breakouttheicecream

olive / 66 posts

Oh man, @yellowbeach, that's a lot to juggle. How are you feeling? Sending healing thoughts to your nephew.

Hope the next few days go smoothly, and we'll all be thinking of you on Sunday or Monday!

22. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@MsHangry: @Sams Mom: @paranundrum: @Phillybaby2013: Thanks ladies, I'll go for the pregmate!

@yellowbeach: prayers to your family!

AF has finally arrived, so CD1 over here!

23. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@yellowbeach: that is a lot to manage. Just one of those things would be a lot to logistically and emotionally handle. Then to have to try to put it out of your mind so you can help your patients tonight... good luck 🍀

24. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@yellowbeach: Aw man, I hope your nephew is okay. That's tough. I'm sorry you have so much on your plate.

@JennyLayneAZ: yay for CD1!

@LAZB: that's right, I did know that. I so, so hope everything works out for you.

TMI but I had a big glob of CM and pink spotting tonight after I went to the bathroom at 7dpo. My temps are not super impressive so I'm curious to see what tomorrow brings. My temp started to drop last month at 8dpo so I'm wondering if it could be low progesterone but I'd like to believe tonight was implantation bleeding.

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: it's going really well actually. I haven't had to do a lot so far which is good and bad. I did put in surgery orders yesterday and didn't get any nasty-grams from the surgery department.

I had a little EWCM today, but still negative OPKs (CD9 today). I'm concerned this month won't get many attempts in since we'll have a house full of people this weekend for my son's birthday. (He turns 3 tomorrow 😱😭😍)

Total side note. Going through your whole medical file from "the inside" and not just through the patient portal is weird. I honestly have avoided reading clinic notes from my 2 favorite doctors in case they think I'm crazy flakes 😂

@yellowbeach: I pray your nephew's surgery went well worth a smooth recovery. Also your schedule stresses me out for you! I hope everything goes well and you get your Sunday retrieval!

26. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm glad you're new job is going well! I'm sure you're gonna do great! Not sure if anything was said during your orientation but your typically not allowed to look at your own or any family members chart. It's a HIPAA violation and could be flagged by IT. Don't want any issues coming up for you.

27. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Phillybaby2013: technically looking at your own chart is not a HIPAA violation since it’s yours, but medical institutions often have policies against doing it just because they want to. Looking at a family member’s chart is a HIPAA violation.

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Phillybaby2013: @yellowbeach: they directly stated at ours that we can look at our own all we want, just nobody else (even my son), unless it's work related.

It's an easy way to figure out where things are in downtime because I feel weird clicking around too much to find stuff in patients files for my clinic. I don't know, I know I can't get in trouble because I'm allowed in it. But trying to find all the stuff for FMLA papers, it just feels intrusive trying to find my way as I learn in someone else's stuff.

ETA: FMLA paperwork is intrusive enough. I am not a fan of it so far.

29. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Phillybaby2013: FX it’s implantation!

Anyone else having trouble not testing early? I have no idea if or when I ovulated but based on the MyDaysX app I’d be around 8DPO. This test is a bit beat up (traveling for work and was crammed in my suitcase) and couldn’t help myself this am. I have total line eye.

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@maybebaby: I see something!!!

31. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@maybebaby: I see something too but I can't tell if it's a tad diagonal and therefore invalid. How long are you traveling and when will you have access to more tests???

AFM, retrieval is scheduled for Sunday morning, and transfer a week from today. I'm happy to finally know the plan and schedule. I have to hop on a flight to Atlanta about 2 hrs after my transfer so not entirely ideal, but we'll make it work. Chart attached just for some visual.

32. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@blairkiday: yay for the IUI! I got pregnant with both of my girls FIRST try with IUI + injectables

33. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@maybebaby: um yes!!! Can you get another test?

34. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@Sams Mom: I’m sure you know that EWCM means you’re fertile even if you aren’t getting positive ovulation tests ... but just a reminder. Get busy, girl!

35. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@yellowbeach: how’s your little nephew today? Ugh his poor mama. (And your whole family... but you know how hard this kind of thing is on a mama)

36. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@Sams Mom: phew I'm glad it's not an issue for you! I've worked at the same hospital over 13 years and it's been ingrainded in our brains not to look at your own stuff.

@maybebaby: I definitely see something there! Will be looking forward to more tests!

@yellowbeach: yay for a plan! Hope it all goes smooth with everything else you've got going on. How's your nephew?

Inspired by @maybebaby's squinter I tested but BFN at 8dpo. I wasn't expecting anything truly. I didn't get positives with my other 2 until 10dpo. I went down a Google rabbit hole last night about the spotting and alot of people think implantation bleeding isn't really a thing and I found several studies that said spotting in the luteal phase is not a good indicator of pregnancy. I've always had spotting a day or 2 before my period but don't really show any other signs of low progesterone besides a shorter (10-11dpo) LP. I got pregnant twice on the first try with no issues so I'm hoping it's just a fluke or maybe it's just bc I'm old now.

ETA my chart:

37. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Thanks ladies for asking about my nephew. He had the emergency bowel resection Wed. to fix a perforation. They think he was septic from that and now that they have fixed it, he seems to have stabilized. My SIL is still admitted because she's having high blood pressures but will likely get discharged tomorrow. Thanks for sending all of your positive thoughts our way this week.

38. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@yellowbeach: stopped to sneakily get some more today while with coworkers! will test in AM. and so glad you have a plan - excited for you!! continuing to keep your SIL and sweet nephew in my thoughts and hoping everyone is home soon

@Phillybaby2013: i've been spending way too much time on the internet too. i thought i'd be chill about going for a third, but just obsessive this time haha.

39. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

Not sure this one looks any clearer than yesterday, in fact thinking this one is pretty stark white! Not sure why I test early compulsively but ah well. How’s everyone doing?

40. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@maybebaby: sorry You’re not seeing anything, maybe tomorrow!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee