Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In - 5/29

1. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@Leialou: so hopeful for you and your two embies!!! Best wishes!

2. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@Happygal: Thank you! I just had blood work and my u/s this morning. I have a doctor's appointment at 9:45. I am just keeping my fingers crossed for my TSH results...

@owlteach: Thanks! I can't wait to see them tomorrow!!

@lazypanda: Thank you!! Puppies are tough in the beginning, but they actually learn pretty quickly. We trained our other Golden when we were in a 7th floor apartment...challenging! So this will be much easier now that we have a house/yard of our own...oh and no elevator to take her down in!

@just_ju: Welcome back! I took a HB break after my 3rd failed IUI too. I was pretty discouraged. Congrats on the insurance coverage! That's awesome! I was very excited to start IVF as well!

@Boopers: Congrats on the new job! My DH takes Fertility Blend for Men. We definitely notice a difference in his counts during the months where he is taking it vs. the months he has stopped. He takes that without a multivitamin. I emailed the company when he first started taking it, and they recommended taking it by itself without a multi. Good luck!

3. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@lazypanda: yes, I am open to twins. Then we wouldn't have to have the discussion about whether we should have a second child and how to do it. Also, two for the price of one.

4. Mrs. Pickle

@Boopers: congrats on your job!

5. Mrs. Pickle

@just_ju: that's great news about your insurance!

6. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@lazypanda: Is all of them an appropriate answer??!! lol I am a fan of brie and camembert and goat cheese an fresh mozzarella... Oahu sounds awesome

@Boopers: Congrats on the job!

@just_ju: Wow, so great that your insurance coverage will cover IVF with no limit. What is your diagnosis again?

@MrsTal: Good luck with Beta#2 today!

7. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@MrsTal: fx for doubling today!

8. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

My favorite comfort food is French fries! So good but so bad for you! I'm really trying to limit eating my feelings

Here are my updates. 1 - We're buying a house for real! We move at the end of July. DH is really excited.

2 - DH is having a micro-TESE procedure on July 19th. The chance of finding sperm is about 50%, so we're hoping for the best. If they find sperm they will be frozen and we'll do a cycle in August after we move. If not, we will have some hard choices to make.

9. Mrs. Pickle

@macintosh: Mmm. Now I want French fries. Congrats on your house!

10. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@mrswin: @bhbee: Thanks ladies! My beta results today were 89, so they tripled!!! We are thrilled! I go back Monday for a third beta, does anyone know if that's normal or should I be worried?

11. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@macintosh: Congrats on the house!!!! That is so exciting! Buying our house is definitely one of the most exciting things DH and I have done. Enjoy it!

@MrsTal: That's awesome!!! Great news! I am so happy for you! I think that's normal if you have had fertility issues. My RE told me that if we get pregnant that she is going to check my betas every 48 hours until I hit 1,000 and then they will schedule the first ultrasound.

I just got a great call from RE's nurse! After 4 weeks of Synthroid, my TSH went from 3.45 to 1.7 (goal was under 2.0)! I am so relieved!

12. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

What's your favorite comfort food? I love chips!! diet coke, and chocolate concrete mixers with cookie dough from culvers! Yum!

Updates? Just awaiting AF June 9th- then HSG June 18th!! DH just had an ortho appt for his thumb injury from the MVA. It's 50/50 on if they need to do surgery for ligament damage. I am currently sitting in the waiting room waiting for him to be called back for his MRI! Results will be Monday. if no surgery- splinted for 6-8 weeks. If surgery- splinted 12 weeks post op!! So crazy!! Good thing the hand doesn't affect BDing! Haha. Also just got a new car this morning to replace our totaled vehicle! He is taking my 2014 mazda 6 grand touring and we just got me a 2015 mazda cx5 grand touring. (We are partial to mazda since it saved his life!!!!!)
    All this right before our Florida vacation!!

13. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@MrsTal: that's awesome!! I'm sure they are not worried, REs just have different ideas about how many betas are optimal. Some 2, some more. I'm so happy for you!

14. Mrs. Pickle

@mrs bunchy: omg. Culvers. I love that place.

Maybe I shouldn't have asked about food this week. It's bad for my diet!

15. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@mrs bunchy: Sorry about the accident but yay for new cars! Yay for your FL trip, too!

16. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@mrs bunchy: Hopefully your DH doesn't need surgery. A new car is exciting but I'm sorry about the reason for a new car. Is this your first HSG?

@MrsTal: My RE does three betas too, it is just their normal practice. I wouldn't worry about it

@Sunshine1810: YAY! I'm glad that your thyroid is under control

@macintosh: A new house...that is so exciting! FX crossed that they are able to find sperm during your DH's procedure

17. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

@bluestriped bee: so excited for Florida !!!
    @mrswin: yes- this will be my first HSG. Not sure if I mentioned or not, but going on my lunch break from work. Hope it's not too bad! I tend to think I have a high pain tolerance! We hope DH doesn't need surgery either. We didn't know it- but he couldn't get through the MRI. Severely claustrophobic. He had to lay on his stomach with arms in superman pose. Needless to say, he couldn't finish the test. Now we have to wait until Monday to see what ortho wants to do. He doesn't want back in that machine that's for sure!!!! Hopefully we can do a CT and have the doc see what he needs to... Who knows. He is resting now as we have had a terribly long day... sorry for rambling !

18. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@mrs bunchy: Just make sure to take an Advil or 2 about an hour before the HSG and I think it'll be just fine! Mine was completely painless with slight cramping for about 15 seconds just as they injected the dye. It was over before I knew it. I had planned on taking the rest of the day off from work, but ended up going back cause it was such a breeze! Good luck!

19. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@Sunshine1810: amazing! great tsh #s!

20. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@mrs bunchy: I totally did mine on my lunch break too. I agree with @PurplePumps: about the Advil before hand and also take a pad because you will be leaking dye afterwards. Mine was no more uncomfortable than a pap, mild cramping afterwards. I'm sorry your DH wasn't able to do the MRI, hopefully the CT will be enough and the doctor can decide what to do on Monday

21. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

Hi ladies! There are so many great updates about everyone's plan and progress!
    @MrsTal: Congrats!!
    @Leialou: Ahhhh, Fx for you!!

I've been enjoying tine with my DH. Memorial did not go as planned and he actually ended up having a but of a break down over our most recent miscarriage, so we stayed close to home. We are going on an overnight tomorrow & a fancy dinner before we pack him up to leave Monday afternoon

Update: It's been a week and still no results from my antibodies testing or our chromosome tests; I'm calling again Mon. I have no clue what my body is doing right now but it looks like we may be able to get in some TI when I see DH off around 4th of July. Based on the potential results of our tests, DH has given the okay to use donor sperm in Aug & Sept; he should be back in Nov if everything looks good. I hate that we are losing time on this ttc/IF journey. That's my current sadness and stressor--ugh!

Oh and my favorite comfort food is pizza orrrr French fries! I'm all about the carbs!

22. Mrs. Pinata

blogger / pear / 1563 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: Ugh. I'm sorry. I hate that IF is all about waiting. and waiting. I thought if we had IF we just jump into IUIs, then maybe IVF and get it over with quick, but that's been the opposite of our journey.

SO.... some of you may think we're totally kooky in the Pinata house, but yesterday we went to see our naturopath (who we have seen in the past) and he said he could tell my reproductive system had an infection (which would explain why my progesterone was so low). So, I'm on some homeopathic remedies right now and so we'll see if this clears it out. We've had success working with him in the past when Mr. P's blood sugar was high and he found infections in his pancreas and got his levels back to normal again, so we'll see if this works!
    I'm also going to be using some essential oils and Vitex and see if that makes a difference in my cycle. We've spent 3 years with the focus on Mr P and his sperm, I'm now feeling really motivated to get myself healthy (including those 10 unwanted pounds), so I'm even going to be doing a yeast/gluten/sugar cleanse. I'm on Day 2 and it's kind of amazing the difference I already feel in my energy and emotions.

So, now that you think I'm a total quack, we'll just see what happens. And oh yeah, AF officially arrived today. After all the bad news in the past week, it's actually feels a bit like a fresh start.

23. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@MrsTal: I'm a former IFer, just popping
    in to say congratulations!!! So happy for you!!!

24. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@mrswin: I have PCOS, and hubs has low morph. Hopefully IVF with ICSI will get things done for us

25. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@Leialou: I hope you get 2 for 1! your future LO(s) have a cool picture in their baby book!

@macintosh: Yay for the new house! Will you be doing any remodeling?

@MrsTal: woohoo for the tripling #s! Do you have an estimated due date?

@mrs bunchy: I hope the doc gives your DH some good news about his injury. Yay for your upcoming trip & new car!

@Kelli_Deluxe: I hope you do have the opportunity to try before your DH leaves for Pendleton. Will you be getting an IUI before he leaves? I know the both of us lost out the last cycle, & my IUI is scheduled for Monday.

@Mrs. Pinata: I don't think you're kooky at all. I asked about acupuncture at my u/s today and the RE said my insurance doesn't cover that for infertility but they provided me the business card for a place nearby. I actually rechecked my records & I had 2 good sized follicles in the last two cycles but 3 total each time. Today's u/s, there was only 1 mature follicle at 20mm, the other 2 were 13mm & 10mm.

For my update, IUI is scheduled for 6/2. If this doesn't work, the next cycle may be unmedicated unless we want to pursue injectable meds. DH & I are planning on Hawaii for the unmedicated cycle but I'm a little reserved as prices to Hawaii in 3 weeks are about $800 right now. I remember purchasing my tix for $500 or so in the past!

26. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@mrswin: all those count! I forgot how good Camembert is!

@just_ju: yay for full insurance coverage! I count myself to be one the fortunate ones to have infertility coverage.

27. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@lazypanda: full coverage is such a blessing in this journey. I was shocked when we got confirmation of full coverage as our insurance isn't even in a mandated coverage state. We're talking advantage of it while it lasts :). Good luck with your IUI on Monday!

28. Mrs. Pinata

@lazypanda: Oh man! That's too bad about just the one follicle this time. Why is it just so impossible for our reproductive systems to do exactly as we want them to do!? Sheesh.

29. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@Leialou: @Sunshine1810: @mrswin: Thank you , we really are excited!

@lazypanda: Yes, we need to do some work on the place before we can move in. We need to rip up the gross carpeting in the living room and 2 bedrooms and somehow refinish the floors to accommodate DH's wheelchair. I'm a little worried about how much that will all cost, but I have to wait and see. I'm pumped to do some little DIY things around the house, but I'm not prepared to do the floors by myself!

Ugh. I'm getting nervous instead of excited about DH's surgery. I'm really afraid they won't find any sperm. I feel like I should prepare for the worst so I don't get let down. If he doesn't have any sperm, I know donor sperm would be the quickest option, but it makes me sad. It just sucks to be in this situation at all

30. Mrs. Pinata

@macintosh: Yes, you're so right. It totally stinks! It's so hard in these situations to know how much hope to have. But, I think I've decided that if things DON'T go well, we'll always be disappointed no matter the outcome, so in the meantime I suppose it's better to hope, but trust that all will be ok if it doesn't work out. Not that I've achieved success at this mentality at ALL! haha

31. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@bhbee: @mrswin: thank you for the reassurance!

@Kelli_Deluxe: @kentuckygirl: thank you both!

@lazypanda: based on the calculator my EDD is February 7.

32. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Just wanted to check in quickly... New job has HB blocked so my usage and participation has taken a serious nose dive lately! I read but it's harder to comment on phone/iPad.

I'm heading out of town for the week for the new job. Assuming things are back to normal, unmediated, I should be getting home just in time to O next Monday or so. Thankfully we're not missing it! And, looking forward (as always), we'll be on vacation with DH's family for O in July. Sharing rooms and all so that should be interesting, lol.

33. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@LindsayInNY: you mean you can't BD with 5 of your cousins bunked up next to you? Silly lady.

I just got called to confirm our appointment tomorrow. Exciting. Except: I asked about my TSH levels and they are at a frikkin 4.9. Nurse on the phone said that is definitely too high (especially for someone ttc). I already knew that but...blah. I didn't want to hear it. Luckily, if prescribed the medication, it is fast working. I just need to be pregnant by the end of the summer :'( I need to be I need to be I need to be We all need to be.

34. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@MrsTal: where do you live again? Are you in an area where it'll be cold in feb?

35. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@CupQuakeWalk: So sorry about your TSH level! Having just gone through that, I can sympathize! My RE was able to get mine down from a 3.45 to a 1.7 with 4 weeks of 75mcg of Levothyroxine. We had to get it under 2 before I started stimming and I couldn't believe it worked. Fingers crossed for you!

36. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

I hope everyone had a nice weekend! DH and I went to pick out our puppy which was so much fun! We bring her home 3 weeks from today!

I started the Gonal-f and Menopur on Saturday night. The Gonal-f pen was easy, but I completely messed up with the Menopur and ended up wasting 2 vials of the powder. I have to mix 2 vials of the powder to get my full dose, and I didn't screw the Q-cap on tight enough when I was putting the liquid from the first vial into the second so it spilled everywhere. Since some of the liquid got into the second vial, I knew I had to throw it out because there would be no way to know what I would be getting for a dose otherwise. My second attempt fortunately was a success, but I completely broke down sobbing afterwards. I am a little overly sensitive right now, I will admit, but it was so stressful! Last night I did pretty well mixing though, so hopefully it will only get easier!

37. Mrs. Pickle

@Sunshine1810: what a cutie!

38. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

@Mrs. Pinata: You don't sound kooky at all! I want to explore a homeopathic route but there aren't any options like that around here! Good luck!

@lazypanda: Thinking of you today!! Good luck with your iui DH leaves for Pendleton tonight; we've been bd'ing but I haven't been bothering with opk's. Next cycle around the 4th I'll be going down to see him off on his ship and hopefully we can get a couple days in then!

@Sunshine1810: ADORABLE!

@LindsayInNY: I'm glad you get back in time for this cycle! Sounds like in July you & DH will have to be creative

@CupQuakeWalk: Sorry to hear about your high number. I have a friend who was put on the medication, and you're right, it is fast-working. Good luck at your appt tomorrow

39. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@Leialou, @Kelli_Deluxe: Thank you!!

40. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@LindsayInNY: family vacation sounds awesome! Maybe you & DH can discretely head off somewhere to have some "fun." It'd definitely make an interesting conception story.

@CupQuakeWalk: I'm sorry about the high numbers. I hope the meds will help bring the TSH levels down.

@Sunshine1810: she's adorable! Is Isis the one who was sleepy in your first pix?

@Kelli_Deluxe: thank you! I do hope you have an opportunity to get a BFP without having to use the donor sperm.

The clinic was super busy today they forgot to tell me DH's post wash sperm count. I'm trying to be optimistic but I'm not sure the count was that great since the "sample" looked smaller than last month's IUI. I just have to remind myself, it only takes one egg & one sperm. I am actually hoping for twins though.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee