Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check In 7/10

1. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

@FliegepilzHut: you're welcome! The luck must have skipped from @MrsTal: to you!

@mrswin: Ooo, I hope your monitoring appts are going well! When is your retrieval date again?

My little update, I think I'm 5 or 6 dpo & my progesterone was 20! Med free cycle and I actually ovulated on my own! My RE said that if I don't get AF by CD35, I should start provera to induce my period. I think I may wait longer knowing that I actually ovulated. I also set up my first consult with a fertility acupuncturist for Thursday evening. I'm excited to see what she has to say & hope that I won't need her help in getting pregnant as I will already have a little rainbow growing in me.

2. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@lazypanda: That's a great update! FX for you!!

3. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

@FliegepilzHut: Already commented on the IVF thread, but again...congrats!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!! I can see how you couldn't wait any longer. I can't believe you made it this far to test! LOL I would have tested like a week ago because I have no patience at all. So exciting!!!

4. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

@lazypanda: That is great news!!! Is this the first time you've ovulated on your own? Fingers crossed for you!!!

5. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@mrswin: I think it's all about the socks. Will you be working the next couple of weeks?

@lazypanda: Yay!!! That sounds very promising! I am hoping we are about to see another rash of 's!!!

@Jenn23: Thank you again! You and all of the other successful IVFers were a huge help (and inspiration!) to me! Wishing you lots of luck and looking forward to more updates soon!

6. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Sunshine1810: Love the name! I love Downton Abbey.

7. BSB

@mrs bunchy: That's so awesome of your clinic!

8. BSB

@LindsayInNY: Aww, sorry. Maybe brown CM is implantation? Still got a little bit of hope for you. Thinking of you.

9. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@bluestriped bee: Thank you! I love it too!

10. BSB

@Robyn_ZA: Hope your lap goes well today.

11. BSB

@mrswin: @lazypanda: @FliegepilzHut: Thanks. I'm on meds so things are feeling much better today. I felt like I was paralyzed on Sunday. I just laid in bed all day and barely moved. I signed up for a boat cruise on Sunday and I went with the DH. I didn't want to cancel the cruise because we had to rebook this one already because we missed it the first time. So I went with the DH. I feel bad because I just stayed inside the boat the whole time. My neck hurt so bad. I need to make it up to him. I should find another boat cruise.

12. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@bluestriped bee: I think it's more than what's normal for implantation. I'm just whatever right now (not negative or positive about anything, just AM!). I had a good amount of this my chemical cycle. But then again I've had it more cycles than not so who knows...

13. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

@FliegepilzHut: YAYYYY!!!!! So happy for you

@robyn_za: Good luck with your lap. Thinking of you

@bluestriped bee: Wishing you a speedy recovery. I still hope you get your this month!

@lazypanda: Hope ther acupuncture appointment goes well. Fx this is your month!

@lindsayinny: Thinking of you

14. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@winter_wonder: Thank you!!! Wishing you lots of. this cycle!

15. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

Tentative results appointment scheduled for the 24th depending on whether I O before then with the daily testing. If not that day then I have to wait until the first week of August when the RE is back.

AAHHHH!!!

Also - been super stressed with work and hubs comes home to say "don't stress, it doesn't help with the baby making."

What a cutie.

16. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@FliegepilzHut: yay! congrats!

@babycanuck: lol, men are great at being empathetic, aren't they?!

Had my consultation with my doctor. I didn't wait in the waiting room for long but sat in the room for an hour until the doctor finally came.

She said that my ultrasound and bloodwork showed no flags. She says right now my hormone levels are all within normal, that I showed a maturing follicle that was 15 mm on CD 14, (I got a smiley OPK at CD 17. Not sure if that's enough time to mature more??)

She is most concerned with my husband's SA that we did back in May. I had only spoken to a nurse about the results, but I actually got the paperwork. Sorry for posting boring number stuff lol

Volume: 3.0 ml
    Concentration: 76.6
    % motile: 83
    % progressive: 16

Her biggest concern was the progressive motile. Thanks again to all the bees who gave me advice when I first posted about his results in a different IF thread. She wants us to schedule an appointment with a urologist and see what the urologist suggests. Once we get that taken care of she possibly wants to schedule an HSG and then possibly do meds. She said because everything else on my end checked out, she doesn't want to do unnecessary prodcedures or meds if it's something with the sperm that we need to fix.

Not really feeling any better than before the appointment, but also not feeling worse. DH is very frustrated and I think it's hitting him more and more. It's still a waiting game and it will probably be a few more months until we actually get all that we need.

17. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

@Boopers: Sorry to hear about all of the waiting around...ugh. So much waiting with IF.

Did he just have one SA? My DH had three. The first SA wasn't so great but the urologist explained that it isn't uncommon. Sometimes additional SA yield better results.

I'm not a numbers expert by any means...but I thought I read that anything over 40-50% is ok? Again, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

18. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@winter_wonder: He has only had one. Maybe the urologist will order a second one. The % motile is good, but the progressive motile is lower than what's considered normal. The test showed that 32% motile is "normal" and his is 16%.

19. winter_wonder

persimmon / 1479 posts

@Boopers: Gotcha I hope you guys find out more info from the urologist.

20. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@winter_wonder: Thank you!

21. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@lazypanda: I should have an estimated ER date after my monitoring appointment tomorrow. I'm glad that you ovulated on your own! FX this is your lucky cycle

@FliegepilzHut: I will be working for sure. My job involves billable time and July 31 is our year end so I will probably only take off the day of and day after ER as well as the day of transfer. I wish I could take more time but it isn't really feasible.

@bluestriped bee: Glad to hear you are feeling better.

@LindsayInNY: Thinking good thoughts for you.

@babycanuck: Hopefully you will O before your appointment and you don't have to wait until early August

22. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Boopers: Uggghh I hate when they stick you in the room and then it takes forever for the Dr. to come in

Did they not test morphology as well? I understand why they are sending you to the urologist, hopefully they will be able to give you some good information. Have you ever read this post by Mrs. Pinata? http://www.hellobee.com/2013/11/18/demystifying-semen-analysis-results/
    It is really helpful to understand how the results compare to "normal"

23. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

@FliegepilzHut: OMG yay! Congratulations! So happy for you

24. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@mrswin: Thanks for linking that post! I read it a while back but now that we have all his numbers things make more sense. Yes, his morphology is 4 using Kruger. Which looking at that link puts him at the very lowest "normal" range.

25. lazypanda

kiwi / 636 posts

BFP
    Faithfertility: Due Date 12/17, saw heartbeat 5/1!
    LittleK
    Bhbee: saw heartbeat 5/22!
    Catchafallingstar: EDD 1/15/15
    EmilyE: BFP 5/12, saw sac on 5/20, beta #1: 79, beta #2: 226, beta#3
    TheReelDeal
    Happygal: BFP 5/15 beta #1: 36, beta #2: 238
    PastaAndPotato: BFP beta #1: 9.4, beta #2: 151, beta #3: 456!
    Snowdrop
    MrsTal: EDD: 2/7, Beta#1: 26, Beta #2: 89
    Mrs Bunchy: BFP 7/8/14, Beta #1: 44.2 Beta #2: 324, u/s 7/18
    FliegepilzHut: BFP 7/15

Hanging Out
    Mrs. Polish: 6 month wait list for new doctor
    Septca
    TheSwissWifeStyle
    Mrs. PiƱata: using some essential oils and Vitex; seeing chiropractor and Naturopath; re-evaluating in Sept/Oct
    Leialou
    doxielove
    Kelli_Deluxe
    Sunshine1810
    PurplePumps: unmedicated cycle, then start IVF next cycle

TWW
    bluestripedbee: Femara, CD9 u/s 7/2, trigger 7/2, IUI 7/3 & 7/4!, POAS 7/17
    LindsayInNY: TTC "unmedicated" cycle
    lazypanda: HSG, unmedicated cycle

Treatments/Tests/Appointments
    alohaorchid: new RE appt in June
    MrsWin: baseline u/s on 7/6, start stims on 7/11, acupuncture 7/12, monitoring appt on 7/16
    Jenn23: IVF in late July
    Boopers: 7/8 u/s and WTF consult 7/15
    CupQuakeWalk: starting month 1 of new plan - Synthroid, clomid, estrogen, monitoring and TI
    GreenThumb: PIO injections start 7/10, IVF transfer 7/15
    Shutterbug: waiting for results
    Just_Ju: moving onto IVF in the fall (yay insurance!)
    Macintosh: start stims on 8/3, ER 8/14 for IVF with ICSI
    TTCbabyP: 2nd round of clomid
    babycanuck: starting daily u/s monitoring week of 7/7, EOD diagnostic testing 7/14, results appt with dr on 7/24
    Robyn_ZA: lap on 7/16, IVF consult 7/29
    Sunshine1810: WTF consult 7/18
    Warbler: will be setting up appt with RE for IVF with ICSI
    owlteach: RE appt 8/18
    Kelli_Deluxe: looking for new RE in AZ
    winter_wonder: Letrozole, IUI (waiting for +OPK), acupuncture
    lazypanda: fertility acupuncture initial consult 7/17

Life & Updates
    BhBee: new house, new car, and new life in Texas
    alohaorchid: brand new house being built, new job?
    doxielove: house hunting in the fall
    LindsayinNY: family vacation in July! DH not a carrier!
    Sunshine1810: new golden puppy Isis!
    Boopers: new job!
    TheSwissWifeStyle: getting new tattoo of koi and lotus; birthday month!
    owlteach: Europe 2016 with students
    Macintosh: bought a house and moving in July!
    lazypanda: Yosemite in the fall
    Mrs.Bunchy: new SUV
    bluestripedbee: Disney World in August!
    Kelli_Deluxe: seeing DH during long weekend and in September during fertile window before deployment; moving to AZ
    Warbler: road trip
    PurplePumps: FL trip!

@Sunshine1810: @Jenn23: @FliegepilzHut: @winter_wonder: @mrswin: Thanks ladies! I believe I ovulated in the past at least once during my first year of TTC, before I saw an RE as I had been noting my CM. Then again I only had 6-7 cycles and I know at least 3 of those cycles were anovulatory (well now I know, back then I did not) and required my OB prescribing Provera to induce AF for those 60 and 80 day cycles. I actually wonder if the fertility acupuncturist would be able to tell if I'm pregnant this early during my consult.

26. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

I'm so behind! Things have been so hectic and busy! I will read through everyone's updates in the a.m.

@FliegepilzHut: Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to hear your numbers from your beta in the morning!

27. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Boopers: Thank you! That time frame for finishing out that 15mm follicle sounds pretty perfect to me (1-2mm per day is a rule of thumb, I believe)! Good luck to DH for his urology consult! Did your RE seem to think IUI would help?

@mrswin: I'm sorry it's such a busy time of year for you! If you possibly can, take a little time for you and DH to unwind during this process! (BTW-- I'm not sure that stress has anything to do with IVF succeeding or not (I have a friend who was under a tremendous amount of family stress with her cycle-- who has a 1 year old), but at least you'll feel better!) FX for a good appt today!!!

@macintosh: Thanks! It's exciting-- your cycle is coming up really quickly!

@Kelli_Deluxe: Thanks! I probably won't know anything until much later this afternoon. Hope you're doing well!

28. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@bluestriped bee: I laughed at your comment about being 30 - I thought the same thing when I had the worst back pain of my life during my 30th year. I was like, "Oh, so this is what happens when I leave my 20s. Pain!!!" I just had an aspirin regimen and hot/cold pattern to help my back. I'm sorry you're in such pain I'm still thinking lots of positive thoughts for you!

29. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Robyn_ZA: Good luck with your lap! I had a hysteroscopy and I remember thinking about that part of the process too - right as I was "fuzzing out" from the meds, I thought, "Wow...more strangers looking at my V. Great!" It's amazing how this process requires so much detachment and mental strength to get through it.

30. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@FliegepilzHut: late to the game, (this thread always gets away from me!) But CONGRATS!!!

31. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Thank you very much!

32. BSB

@sweetooth: Haha. Yeah. Can't wait to see what the rest of my 30s has in store for me. Things are much better. I got off the muscle relaxers and pain meds and so far the pain has definitely gone down. It's mild pain here and there but definitely tolerable without meds. My dr gave me a shot to help with the inflammation and that really helped.

So for my update, I tested this morning at 13 DPO and it was . Guess I'll get the confirmation tomorrow when they do my beta. I'm a bit hopeful that I have chance with my last (paid) IUI left but a little part of me thinks we'll have to go to IVF next.

33. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Was hoping AF would fully start today so I could go to the RE on Friday (CD3) but alas, she's still just barely in town. WTF AF. I've been spotting various colors since Sunday. So over this and ready to move onto the next cycle.

34. BSB

@LindsayInNY: Aww, sorry. Hope AF comes later today so you can still go to the RE on Friday.

35. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@bluestriped bee: Hold on to that hope - it's what keeps you afloat! Whether it's this IUI, or your next one, keep focusing on hope.

@LindsayInNY: Seriously, WTF AF? I think it's the worst when she just won't show the eff up and let you get on with things. Hugs!

36. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@LindsayInNY: Will you test at any point if AF doesn't show?

@bluestriped bee: Sorry about the

@FliegepilzHut: Thanks, it is actually the least busy time of my year, there is never really a slow time Its actually pretty quiet for my SO at work right now so he has been home in the evenings making dinner and even has a couple extra paid days off coming up so he is taking good care of me. We try to spend time together in the evenings and we actually have this whole weekend off together which is great! and extremely rare.

37. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@sweetooth: I was convinced she was coming this morning and thought spin class would help. Nope. It's like one blob came out and now it's back to not much. Way to stretch AF into two weeks...

@mrswin: I don't know. At this point, I have no reason to test since it seems like AF is coming. My temp went down this morning which is the norm pre-AF - it drops halfway to coverline the day before. So we'll see...

38. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@lazypanda: My acupuncturist has told me before that she can usually tell because the blood flow changes but she doesn't usually say anything on the off chance that it is chemical, etc. She will note it in the patient chart and then when they tell her about it she shows them

39. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@LindsayInNY: Sorry, I didn't realize you were temping too. I hate when AF stalls. I hope you are still able to get your monitoring done soon and get started on your IUI cycle.

40. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@mrswin: Yep, been temping and OPKing this whole time...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee