Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check in - 7/11

1. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@mrswin: Nope, who knows, think I'm overthinking it...lol

2. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@Mrs. Jacks: thank you so much for the encouragement! I do think this new RE has a more proactive approach, and I feel good about that. As far as age, I think a lot of things are so much better as we get older! Unfortunately our eggs don't benefit from our years of experience

3. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsTal: hmmmm double check my Gyno wrote the prescription for it and because it was "diagnostic" it was covered inpayed $150 co-pay, not saying yours is the same but I know that my Gyno had to call it in and just say diagnostic not anything IF, and it worked I was covered! Good luck!

4. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@kentuckygirl: I agree eggs should get better with age

5. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@FaithFertility: Our insurance is really messed up, without getting too into it basically everything is out of network which means every thing can be balanced billed to us. It really sucks but I have gone really in depth about the issue with our insurance and providers.

6. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsTal: mmmmm stinky, insurance is such a bummer at times, sad that IF is not covered more! I hope all can be worked out for you, waiting stinks, but it only gets you closer to the end result

7. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@FaithFertility: It does! I really hope there are some strides in changing coverage for IF soon. It'll all work out, we are saving up to either go through our IF diagnosis/ treatment or start the adoption process by next year. It helps to feel like we are doing something, ya know?

8. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@MrsTal: I agree!!!! Good luck and keep me posted!

9. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@kentuckygirl: But, you know what? Your children will benefit from the wisdom of your years when they arrive!

10. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Mrs.Someone: You 're right, limbo is bad! I've had it both ways. A total surprise with the missed MC, and then the "pretty sure this is not going to last" with the last one. Not sure which is worse. Both obviously suck to the moon and back. ::hugs::

@just_ju: glad your HSG was clear! How did you do, pain-wise?

@LovelyPlum: sorry about your grandfather

@FaithFertility: I definitely get slightly crampy around ovulation!

As for meeee...:

~What cycle are you on/how long have you been TTC? Since Dec. 2011 MEH
    ~What are your plans for this cycle? Well I'm in the TTW, and I'm determined to end the early testing madness!! I'm 10dpo and haven't tested! Proud of myself. Pretty sure it's a no-go anyhow.
    ~How is your attitude/outlook? Pretty frustrated. Feeling sorry for myself. Blerg.
    ~What have you struggled with most this week? Been ok for the most part, except moments of above mentioned down-ness. Oh and DH and I had our first IF-related fight about me being lazy with not taking my vitamins again. (FYI, I started taking them again.) But who fights about that?! Oy.
    ~What is your diagnosis? ??? Good question. I'll tell you what it's NOT: progesterone, estrogen, egg reserve, blocked tubes or uterine abnormality. DH has low-ish morprh (4%) but I hear that's pretty normal?
    ~What is your favorite television show? Right now Drop Dead Diva, (current season) and Switched at Birth (on season 2.)

11. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

Just wanted to say hi to all. I read these updates about every day, but obviously don't always comment. I'm not officially an IFer, but feel like I fit in best and relate the most to this group. Hope you don't mind me chiming in every now and then!

@kentuckygirl: I've always thought mother nature messed this order up. I know I'll be a much better mother at this age than I would have been at 23!

@SwissWifeStyle: that's a funny fight! My husband went out and bought me a pill box b/c I'm so forgetful about taking them, and he was worried as well.

Our test results were all clear, but I want to get our stats for our own records and to compare with other sources. She shared our information quite rapidly. With my family history and some other things, there's a suspicion of endometriosis. I was going to wait until a year (we're at our tenth month now) until trying anything, but after watching my nephew be born, I came home the next day and called in a prescription for Clomid! I've taken it for three days now, I believe, and have none of the dreaded side effects (knock on wood).

I don't have a current favorite TV show. My husband and I watch shows on Netflix and binge on them, getting through a season in short order. We could use a new show!

12. justdarling

apricot / 452 posts

What cycle are you on/how long have you been TTC? TTC since January 2012.

What are your plans for this cycle? On BC before IVF.

How is your attitude/outlook? Pretty positive - but am really working on staying positive.

What have you struggled with most this week? Trying to get all of the tests done for IVF. I just had my final blood draw this morning for a bunch of the tests. All that we have left is for my DH to get the STD panel and we are set! We asked his Dr. to give us lab slips so that the tests are covered under insurance and his Dr. is refusing to code them as anything but IF. This has been extremely frustrating since we just need a STD panel. Of course our insurance doesn't cover IF which is why we needed it coded as something else - which he can do, but is just refusing.

What is your diagnosis? MFI - low motility

What is your favorite television show? Grey's Anatomy. I can't wait for it to come back on. Recently I have been watching Gossip Girl on Netflix and have been sucked into that. Gillmore Girls is an all time favorite.

@kentuckygirl: I know what you mean about the cost of IVF. It took me a while to be ok with spending so much money on something that should be free! I keep telling myself that in the end it will be worth it!

13. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@justdarling: LOVE GREY'S :))) Can't wait until the fall!

14. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: my DH has 4% morph as well and my RE said that it wasn't an issue. I still feel like it's an issue because I google too much, haha, but the medical professional says its a-ok.

15. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: pain-wise the HSG was super uncomfortable - there were a couple of times that I couldn't help but say "owwww!". A little cramping my bum! The doctor said I was a gold star patient though, because I held still for everything despite the "discomfort."

16. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

So I'm sitting in the waiting room at the fertility pharmacy waiting for my drugs... This place is like a candy store for infertiles! They have all the goods, haha.

17. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@justdarling: Can't he just go to the health department? They often do free or low cost testing.

18. justdarling

apricot / 452 posts

@Mrs. Jacks: That's a good idea. We'll have to look into that. Thanks.

19. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Shutterbug: I think I can spot the FertiliTEA from here! And PreSeed too! Any good books?

20. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@shutterbug: holy cow! That's a good looking pharmacy. Yes, it's funny how many of those things I can sight. That place makes our CVS look like a zoo.

21. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@just_ju: good job! I agree, way different than a little cramping. I don't think I would actually describe that sensation as cramping, actually. But I knew I was toast when he said, sorry we only have a one size fits all speculum...that thing was MASSIVE! From then on out, there was no hope

22. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@sweetooth: haha yup! FertiliTea, VeriliTea, two different preseeds (not sure what the other one was) BBT thermometers, OPKs, and tons of books. Most of the books were about pregnancy, but there was one about a PCOS diet that looked interesting. If I wasn't already spending $100 on meds I might have bought something.

23. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Shutterbug: I've never heard of a fertility pharmacy! Sounds like a good business, since at the point we need to go there we're ready to buy anything that might help things along...

24. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Mrs.Someone: yeah, it's right down the street from my RE. I didn't expect it to have non-rx things to buy! Pretty cool.

25. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

What cycle are you on/how long have you been TTC?
    Since April 2012

What are your plans for this cycle?
    IUI, possibly w/o meds but won't be sure until Monday. I had my CD2 appt today (on the way home from the airport) and my E2 is 85 with a small cyst that they want to make sure is not a follicle that got an early start.

How is your attitude/outlook?
    Trying to think about things other than IF.

What have you struggled with most this week?
    Figuring out how to proceed since this is our third IUI - where do we go after this and where do we draw the line and say we're done?

What is your diagnosis?
    Everything - but at this point it seems like they're only trying to overcome MF so we're back where we started.

What is your favorite television show?
    I used to really love Gossip Girl!

@kentuckygirl: Can I ask what your FSH is? And did they ever get you your AMH? I'm at a high FSH-friendly clinic and have learned that a level that many REs consider daunting isn't that big of a deal, although you're probably right to take age into consideration.

26. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@spaniellove: how was Peru??

27. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Shutterbug: It was wonderful! A lot of transit to and from places in such a short time but we really loved the retreat center we stayed at and their vegetarian meals changed the way we feel about food. They have a 1000-year-old lucuma tree that you are supposed to make an offering to while making a wish, so we did that ceremony.

28. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Spaniellove: good to see you back here! What was the ceremony like? What other fun things did you get to do in Peru? And was your dog so very happy to have you back home? Dogs give the best welcome home greetings.

29. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

Hi Ladies, AF came today so I am joining this check-in

What cycle are you on/how long have you been TTC? - 1yr
    What are your plans for this cycle? - appointment with an RE on 7/22 and hsg scheduled for 7/25
    How is your attitude/outlook? - grateful to be meeting with a new doctor and get a second opinion, but frustrated and sad that we have to go this route
    What have you struggled with most this week? - af showing up and struggling to stay positive and look ahead to this cycle with hope
    What is your diagnosis? - pcos, stenotic cervix due to leep procedure, don't ovulate on my own. dh - low morphology
    What is your favorite television show? - mad men and game of thrones

30. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@spaniellove: Welcome back! Do you think you'll start to cook more vegetarian meals now? I hope your wish comes true

31. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@spaniellove: sounds amazing!

32. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Happygal: It was interesting - it was based on the idea that Mother Earth gives and we have to give back, so we had to show our gratitude before asking for something and then bury three coca leaves as an offering. We also did a few tough hikes in the Machu Picchu area, which made me realize what I was capable of if I just kept pushing myself!

@sweetooth: Thank you! Yes, we are definitely eating more plant-based meals now! I don't think we could ever go 100% vegetarian, but having no other choices during that time was the kick-start we needed. It feels great to do something because I genuinely connected with it and not because I care if it helps my fertility.

I can't make sense of what is going on this cycle...I'm on CD4 and on Saturday I had what looked like a 16mm cyst. Today it's 19mm! With echoes? Does that mean it's a follicle? How is that possible?

33. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@spaniellove: My highest FSH was in January at 13. I don't have the AMH results yet but I am hoping to get them tomorrow. Your trip and the offering/wish ceremony sound very cool! We missed you, though!

34. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

Hi all. Update!

I finally had my follow-up after the "10 vials of blood" appointment.

Most everything was normal. There are 2 things that might be an issue.

My printouts are all in French, so I'm doing my best to decipher. I'm the worst at retaining what the Dr. tells me during the actual appointment..

1-my "protein C" (in regards to Thrombosis?) was a bit low. (64, normal is 70-140.)

2-my RH antibodies were high. (I think?) This might be due to the fact that I was giving an RH shot after the last mc.

They were both retested today, and we'll see what happens. Anyone have experience or knowledge of these 2 things?

So it appears we may have a reason or 2 for the 2 mc's, but nothing seems to be keeping me from getting pregnant. Which is good I guess?!

If I do get pregnant again , and one of the above tests proves to be "real" (for lack of a better word) I think I will have to take meds all throughout the pregnancy. One of them being injections I think, but I forget which one. (For which condition...?)

We did make a plan finally! DH and I will continue TTC naturally until we get back from our "big vacay." If we are still not pregnant then (we get back after the first week in Sept.) I will start injectables on the first cycle back.

ETA: I also just saw on my sheet "Lupus anticoagulant boarderline." I don't remember her talking about that at all, so I dunno wtf that means.....

35. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@spaniellove: that tree is beautiful! Are you and DH vegetarians?

36. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I'm going to be tested for all the various antibodies also. My guess is that "Lupus anticoagulant boarderline" means you are boarder line on the Lupus autoimmune disease (not quite sure though). Here is a good link that was shared with me about diagnosing and treating RPL. It sounds like autoimmune issues are basically treated with blood thinners. Things could be different where you are though. I hope you get your answers soon, this is hard enough to go through, I can't imagine adding in the language barrier too! Let me know how it goes, I'll be getting my own results in a few weeks so it will be interesting to compare. Also, I'll let you know if I get any helpful explanations in English

37. yellow.clover

pea / 17 posts

Hi ladies! Hoping you don’t mind a newcomer? I've posted once or twice on here, but I spend most of my time on weddingbee. Now that I'm starting the "big guns" with a fertility clinic, I'd like to find more support. I'm excited to get to know you all a little better.

What cycle are you on/how long have you been TTC? NTNP May 2009, officially TTC Sept 2011

What are your plans for this cycle? We are doing IUI w/Clomid + injectables. I'm currently CD 8, just finished Clomid CD3-7, 75ml of gonal F tomorrow (CD9), u/s and blood work on Friday (CD 11), followed by Ovidrel trigger shot if my follies are ready, and then prometrium after IUI.

How is your attitude/outlook? I'm nervous, hopeful, and excited.

What have you struggled with most this week? Not much. Other than visiting Dr. google and fearing that I'm going to be let down hard this cycle. I so badly want to hear a hundred success stories and be told this WILL work. *sigh*

What is your diagnosis? PCOS, low estrogen

What is your favorite television show? Mostly reality shows. Right now it's Master Chef and Breaking Amish...

38. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Lupus anticoagulant is actually different from Lupus the disease. My RE had a brief talk with me about it because it's one thing that would cause the long PTT time that I have, but they looked for LA and I don't have it. Like @Mrs.Someone said, LA can be treated with blood thinners. I'm still waiting to find out if my PTT time is caused by Von Willebrands or hemophilia or something else

@Shutterbug: Definitely not vegetarians but eating a lot more vegetables now! It feels good to be excited about food again and not feel like "I have to eat this" or "I can't eat this".

@yellow.clover: Welcome! Is this your first time doing injectibles? I hope your stay is short and sweet!

@kentuckygirl: I know 13 is higher than some pickier REs want to see but it isn't really high enough to get in your way yet. My highest was 11 right after my most recent m/c which I thought was a fluke but this month was 10. My RE would consider your FSH relatively low!

39. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@kentuckygirl: Oh, and...I have another cyst this month. I'm glad they're letting me cycle anyway but I'm starting to worry that the end is near.

40. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Mrs.Someone: @spaniellove: thanks for the info!

So to be sure, if I did have this-it doesn't affect my ability concieve, correct?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee