Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check in - 7/11

1. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@raintreebee: seriously!

2. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

Just a heads up, because I don't have anywhere else to put this. I'm giving serious thought to having my account deleted. The ridiculousness of everyone bashing me in my thread about the gun receipt showed me how rude people can be on HB...it makes me sad because I love being part of this small community with you guys, but I really don't want to be part of that.

3. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@spaniellove: hey. I just read through the thread now (I often just check the infertility and feb boards lately so missed it). I am sorry you attracted some undeserved heat. I think it shows cultural/geographic differences. I mean, come on, don't people see the irony in buying fruit from a crunchy whole food farmers market then finding out the organic farmer packs heat? Kinda funny actually. Anyway, I am really sorry things got out of hand. A lot of people supported you, and I'm sorry I didn't see it in time to do the same. I would hate to see you go. But I must admit I find it hard to identify with the larger hb community outside of you IFers sometimes. Not sure if that is because of IF or something else.

4. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@spaniellove: ps. I just ate an entire pint of jersey blueberries. Omg so good.

5. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@raintreebee: I think you really summed up my logic - who expects that from Whole Foods? Your line was so dead on that I read it out loud to my DH, who picked up the receipt and added "with their Amex" to point out how even more absurd the situation was.

6. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@spaniellove: Please don't go! I haven't been here much today, so I didn't read much of that thread. But I totally agree with you, guns are bad and I'd feel weird about that situation too. Heck, I feel uncomfortable around people who mention they own/shoot guns. Surprised that people on HB would be so rude.

7. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@spaniellove: I just wanted you to know that I supported you in your statements in the other thread as well. Of course I find gun usage really disturbing... and no, farmers don't "need" them.

8. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@spaniellove: please don't let a few meanies scare you away! You're my only remaining original charting buddy! I totally share your sentiments on the matter, fwiw

9. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@spaniellove: I'm sorry about the way that thread went. I was surprised by the comments, and hope you could tell I was one of your supporters, even though we have differing comfort levels with guns. Don't leave--you would be sorely missed!

10. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@spaniellove: please don't leave!

11. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Mrs.Someone: @Mrs. Jacks: @Shutterbug: @Happygal: @LovelyPlum: You guys are too kind. I didn't want to be all drama queen - I just wanted to give a heads up in case I suddenly stopped posting!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee