Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check in - 7/11

1. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I don't think it prevents you from conceiving...it's more of a possible issue once you're pregnant?
    http://miscarriage.about.com/od/testingforcauses/f/lupusanticoagul.htm

2. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I'm not really sure, but its one of the questions I plan on asking my ND tomorrow. Honestly, I hope that (if I have an autoimmune issue) its an explanation as to why it has taken so long to get pregnant each time. I suppose it is possible to have a m/c before a test would even register positive.

3. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

Crap! I'm on CD5 and decided to do an OPK because I felt like I was getting EWCM. Maybe the 19mm thing they saw yesterday is not a cyst after all...but we haven't BDed at all this cycle.

4. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@spaniellove: Wow, what's up with that! You still have time to BD!

5. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@spaniellove: Just reading back to your earlier post and reply to me. I am glad to hear my highest FSH of 13 isn't too far off the charts for your RE office. This cycle it was down to 8.1. I also got my AMH results today and was surprised that I am at 1.38, I really expected it to be much lower based on my FSH. I wonder what that means...

6. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@kentuckygirl: That's great news! I don't think FSH and AMH are always very closely linked...my FSH should be much higher based on my AMH (0.25 last Dec). In the end all they care about is that I'm ovulating each month, but recruiting a follicle so early this time would worry me because that's supposed to mean that I'm getting closer to menopause. If I really do ovulate soon I might ask about taking estradiol in the 2ww to prevent follicle recruitment.

7. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@spaniellove: Oh, no. I am sorry to hear that the early follicle is no bueno . I have so much to learn. Do you take DHEA or CoQ10? The 2nd opinion RE recommended them to me.

8. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@kentuckygirl: I take Ubiquinol, which is a more effective form of CoQ10. With DHEA I've heard you have to be careful and have your levels tested by your doctor before you take it.

9. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

Thanks again @spaniellove: for the info!

@Mrs.Someone: Good luck at your appt. tomorrow, and let me know how it goes! I know, it doesn't make sense that it took me a whole year to get pg. again after the first time. Unless that was just our luck?!

ETA: Do you guys think I should start taking baby aspirin, as a precaution?

10. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Thanks! If you're trying this month, then I do think baby aspirin is a good idea. There was a story on the news yesterday how it helps lower your risk of colon cancer too, so couldn't hurt!

11. yellow.clover

pea / 17 posts

@spaniellove: Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, this will be my first round of injectables and IUI. I've done four rounds of clomid a year ago, I had an HSG in November, and DH had his SA in Sept. I knew being diagnosed with PCOS about 10 yrs ago that it was going to be a long road, but we decided to take it slow. I think we've finally reached the point of realization that it's not going to happen naturally. We need help.

Looks like your OPK is getting close to positive! Do you chart? Hopefully your body is just still gearing up. If not, I’d definitely ask about the estradiol in the TWW.

I’ve also been feeling a little “extra wet” down there and today, my right ovary is hurting. I decided not to OPK this cycle. I’ll be interested to see what the u/s shows on Friday; My luck – nothing!

@Mrs.Someone: Good luck with your appointment. Hope everything comes back well and/or you get some answers.

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Sorry to hear about your MC. I agree with @Mrs.Someone: and think it wouldn't be a bad idea to try, unless of course you have any illness that prevents you from taking asprin. Good luck!

AFM: I do my first inject of Gonal tonight. I’m a little nervous, but excited!

ETA: Since I'm new, I don't know if any of you chart on FF, but here's a link to mine if anyone would like to follow: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/yellowclover

12. doxielove

persimmon / 1388 posts

@yellow.clover: HI, friend! I haven't been active on WB recently so I figured I'd pop in here and say hello *waves*

13. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: I just started it, too!

14. yellow.clover

pea / 17 posts

@doxielove: *waves* Well Hello!!! We've certainly missed you over there!! I still stalk your chart and always hope one day I'll see a pretty green line on there! Hope you're doing well!

15. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@yellow.clover: hi welcome! I'm on my first IUI cycle as well, although I'm not doing injectables, just Clomid and Ovidrel trigger. Good luck with the Gonal-F! Are you going to give yourself the shots?

16. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

Um...so guess what? You need a prescription for it (baby aspirin) here!! Geeooaahddd.....this place is so weird sometimes...

17. yellow.clover

pea / 17 posts

@Shutterbug: Awesome - IUI buddies! What CD are you on? I'm CD9 and doing my first shot tonight. My Aunt is giving me the shot..is it bad I don't trust hubby?? I could probably do it, but I'd rather have someone else do it. How do you feel about the process? Are you excited and hopeful?

@TheSwissWifeStyle: That crazy! I was about to ask where you are, but I'll assume your username gives the answer?

18. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@yellow.clover: I'm on CD 5. I'm doing 50mg of Clomid this week, then I go in for monitoring a week from today. I don't think I'd trust my hubby either! He has a tendency to be rough with delicate things (I do all the egg-cracking in our house lol) so I'd be afraid he'd slam the needle too hard, or worse, chicken out part-way through. I'm excited about the process, but I'm trying to keep my expectations in check, because I so want this to be it.

@TheSwissWifeStyle: wutttt? so odd. Could you have your mom mail you some or would it be seized by customs?

19. yellow.clover

pea / 17 posts

@Shutterbug: I agree. I'm "cautiously excited" but I'm also terrified of being let down. I have my good and bad moments. I just try to stay positive. Your hubby sounds a lot like mine. Such the "bull in a china closet!"
    Your not too far behind me. I finished my last Clomid pill the night before last. Hopefully this process turns out well for the both of us.

20. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Weird! Are you close to the border of any less strict countries?

21. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Mrs.Someone: France. I don't know how strict they are though...can't be any worse than here!

22. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: so bizarre!

23. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@LovelyPlum: right?! blerg. I miss Target. lol

24. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

I just got back from an appointment with my ND. She took a ton of blood (I didn't look!) and is testing for autoimmune issues, food allergies (inflammatory), and took a cervical sample for infection. Seems pretty thorough to me. It will be 3 weeks to get everything back, and then I'll have another appointment to figure out a game plan. After that, I think I'll want to consult with an RE too, to see what they would do.

The other thing she said is that she thinks I really need to be gluten free because of the Hashimoto's Not looking forward to it, but I've already been doing it half way so it probably wont be too bad.

And to answer your question @TheSwissWifeStyle: , she said that it is possible that an autoimmune issue has been preventing getting pregnant at all. I think it all has to do with the inflammatory thing, not sure if its the antibodies (or maybe they're the same thing?) Either way, yes!

Edited: I just found this great link that explains autoimmune diseases and how they affect TTC and pregnancy.

25. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I hate that you had to have so much blood taken but hope it's for a good cause and she finds out how to help you. Thinking of you!

26. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@yellow.clover: Hi! I also remember you from WB. Hope we all get to move on soon, but for the meantime, welcome!!!

27. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I'm so glad that it went well! Hoping for some good answers for you soon. And gluten-free sounds hard, but hopefully it's worth it!

@yellow.clover: hi there!

28. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Mrs.Someone: Interesting. I've been thinking of going GF too. I read somewhere it can help. Argh, there's just so much to think about!

29. justdarling

apricot / 452 posts

@Mrs.Someone: @TheSwissWifeStyle: My IVF Dr. requires that his patients go Gluten Free. His philosophy is that the majority of people actually have a gluten sensitivity and don't know it. With the sensitivity, your body is constantly in "fight mode". By going gluten free, your body is more at rest and able to allow the embryo to implant. I've been gluten free since may (minus the 2 weeks in Italy since there was no way I wasn't going to eat pasta there!) and it really isn't that bad. I've figured out a few tricks to it. Let me know if you need any help with it.

30. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: @Mrs.Someone: I tried going GF for awhile since I read it is supposed to help with endometriosis. One perk was that my stomach was super flat during that time. Alas, I did not have the willpower to stick with it.

@justdarling: Wow, I've never heard of an RE requiring that. Very interesting. Are you located in the states?

31. justdarling

apricot / 452 posts

@raintreebee: Yep. I'm in the bay area in CA. My RE does a few things that are a little outside the box, but I think that is why I like him. He also wants me to go dairy free - but I am really struggling with that one! I am about 95% dairy free, but seriously, I've given up bread (which I love!!!) but there is no way that I am giving up cheese right now!

32. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@justdarling: I find that very interesting, but it totally makes sense for women having a tough time getting pregnant. It also helps make me feel like this is the right decision. I've been "gluten low" for a few months now, so I don't feel that doing it all the way is going to be a huge deal for me.

@raintreebee: My stomach hasn't been flat since before puberty, so that would an awesome perk

33. justdarling

apricot / 452 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I think my Dr's philosophy on this is to take away anything that could potentially be a problem. He wants to be able to control as much as possible in the IVF cycle, so if there is a potential gluten issue, he takes it out of the equation. Going gluten free sounds like it should be pretty simple for you. I actually found it pretty easy - but I did get some massive cravings in the first few weeks!

34. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

I'm going for it tomorrow-started the TWW yesterday, so it can't hurt for two weeks. It shouldn't be a huge change, so I might as well try.

35. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@justdarling: I would love to hear your tricks!

36. justdarling

apricot / 452 posts

@LovelyPlum: Mexican is probably the easiest thing to eat! Most corn tortillas are GF as well as the majority of tortilla chips (most chips in general are GF - not necessarily healthy but helps to make you feel normal sometimes). A cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce is actually pretty good and you don't miss the bun, especially if you add avocado! If you really want a burger, Red Robbin (if you have one near you) actually has GF buns. For bread replacements - look for the brand Udi. Their pizza crust is actually pretty good. For dinner, stick to meat and veggies. That is really easy and make enough to leftovers to take to work for lunch the next day. I find that lunch is the hardest meal to go GF but if you have left overs it's pretty easy.

Let me know if you need help during the transition. The first 2 weeks are the hardest. I am a bread lover and really had cravings, but eventually those go away and you really start to feel much better without the gluten.

37. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@LovelyPlum: Just to add to @justdarling's suggestions, Thai and Indian are pretty easy too. Just stay away from the obvious things like naan, pakoras, and spring rolls. Are you on Pinterest? I have a recipe board where most of the savory stuff is GF, or easily adaptable, and I'm happy to share. (I just need to clean out all the non-GF desserts I guess).

38. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@justdarling: @Mrs.Someone: thank you! Those are awesome, and easy, suggestions. Rice noodles.are about my favorite thing on earth, second only to.corn tortillas, so I'm off.to a good start Topping them with loads of veggies is.my.MO, so hopefully this will be good!

I'm going to start a separate thread for this, if you don't mind,.but don't worry about reposting. I'll keep this handy, too!

39. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

So I was feeling great about going GF until DH got home from his new job...at a bakery....where they gave him all of this....

...which I am now farming out to neighbors. Except the bearclaw. I ate that.

40. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@LovelyPlum: how could anyone resist that bounty??!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee