Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check in - 7/25

1. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Sunshine1810: heyyy are you from MA too? I saw that Taylor Swift is in town this weekend. Have fun

@spaniellove: ugh it was such a gross day!! I did hang out with my mom anyway, we went and visited my grandma at her new nursing home, which was nice. (PS - umm your RE and nurse sound like real a-holes. I'm sorry you're having a hard time!)

@Leialou: @justdarling: ahhh I'm so excited for you two!!!

@Mrs.Someone: happy belated birthday!!

2. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: Sorry you had such an awful experience yesterday! *hugs*

@Shutterbug: I used to live in MA but I live in NH now. Not too far away! Thanks! It should be a good time

3. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: oh gosh I'm so sorry that it went so poorly! I was beyond terrified about my HSG, I can only imagine how scary it would be to hear them say they wanted to stab you with a needle up there

4. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

thanks @sunshine1810 and @shutterbug

i am just feeling so defeated today.. besides the fact that so many people i know have SUCH an easy time getting their bfps without even trying, i can't get that or a simple procedure done without an issue.

i know i'm wallowing.. some days are just harder than others i guess..

5. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: I'm so sorry you went through all that!!! It is a horrible feeling when things are not wanting to get through your cervix and I don't think they can imagine the kind of pain you're experiencing!

I'm going back and forth about giving up on everything else and doing IVF...it's just too bizarre that one RE at the clinic says that since I've gotten pregnant twice on my own I should just do TI with no meds and give it time, while the other RE says nothing else will work, we need IVF and preferably soon. I'm skeptical because the second argument is what they gave us at our last clinic and we believed it and did the IVF and it was a huge expensive failure...and then I got pregnant on my own.

ETA: At the end of the conversation, the RE was surprised to realize we were 100% OOP (most ppl in NJ have coverage for IVF) and started to feel bad about his recommendation.

6. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@spaniellove thanks! at first when the dr was trying i felt like i should just suck it up and deal with the pain, but after 5 minutes i just couldn't bear it anymore.

i'm sorry you're getting so many mixed messages from REs. i live in nj and we have 0 coverage as well.. which is no fun.

where in nj are you?

7. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: I'm in South Jersey, not far from Philly...in our case it's because our insurance is based outside of NJ. What about you?

8. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@spaniellove same issue for us! my husband works in nyc so that's why we are not covered at all. we are in bergen county.

9. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: needle in the cervix? Ow ow ow! I would have freaked out, too.

@spaniellove: There is one nice nurse at my office who is so kind that you want to hug her. The other one is mean! Why would a mean person go into this field?

The differing medical advice drives me bonkers. I guess it can be seen as a positive b/c it means you can have options, but it would also be nice to have a clear, linear path presented for medical care.

10. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@spaniellove: It sounds like you had a rollercoaster of a day yesterday. I am so sorry for all the challenges with your RE office. Have you received any specifics on why your RE is recommending IVF after getting PG with TI and why you may have experienced the pregnancy losses? I know it is hard to decide whether to go to IVF now or not and I am hoping you and you DH are able to come to a decision that you feel comfortable with. Thinking of you!

11. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Shutterbug: Thank you!

@littleredhairedgrl: Ugh, so sorry you had that awful experience Just curious, how can they do an IUI if they can't get the tube for the HSG past your cervix?

@spaniellove: I still think you should write a book about all these shenanigans when its all over. And I think your current RE's office sucks! I tend to agree that if you were able to get pregnant twice, then IVF doesn't make as much sense (except for timing). But I'm far from an expert of course. Have you given any more thought to talking to an ND? I know you mentioned a while ago that you were at least interested. The reason I ask, is because they approach the whole situation differently, so it might be an interesting 3rd opinion for you.

12. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: I am so very sorry to hear about your trouble with the HSG again and that you were in pain. Would you pay out of pocket for your IUIs? I understand it would be a hard decision either way, and I am not trying to make a judgment call since I am not in your situation. But personally, I think I would be hesitant to pay for IUI without knowing if I had clear tubes.

13. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@kentuckygirl: He didn't seem to take that into account. I know the conventional advice with a combination of DOR and MFI is always "IVF, right away!" I'm really starting to think of just giving up with the hard-core treatments and going back to TI (w/o a clinic) until I feel I've reached the end.

14. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Mrs.Someone: I might think about it...I actually googled it a while back and had a hard time finding someone in my area. But I'll look again!

15. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@mrs.someone they would put me under general anesthesia in order to do manually dilate my cervix so they could then do the IUI.

@kentuckygirl yes, we would be paying out of pocket for the IUI, which is not too pricey -- it's just all the other things that go along with it (ultrasound, seamen sample, washing, etc.).. i'm starting to lean towards your opinion regarding not wanting to put out the money if we don't know yet how my tubes look.. just frustrated because i thought we were making headway this cycle..

16. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@spaniellove: That's an option I hadn't thought of! Do you think you can step back to that? You could always decide to try IVF again at a later time if you decide it's right for you at that point.

17. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@littleredhairedgrl: Would they still need to do the general to do the HSG? I had to repeat the mock transfer for IVF a few times because my cervix is so angled (nothing gets through it) and they were going to have to resort to general anesthesia. As daunting as it sounds, it probably is worth it to have the HSG before any procedures just to be sure of everything.

@kentuckygirl: That's true...I think what I don't like about doing IVF now is that it would be our second time so there's a sense of finality about it and I'm in no hurry to rush it.

18. littleredhairedgrl

persimmon / 1135 posts

@spaniellove yes, due to the pain and my lack of enthusiasm for a needle being inserted near my cervix for local anesthesia, they would do the general for both the hsg and iui. i'm now leaning more towards waiting till next cycle to do the hsg under general and then go from there.. which means this cycle we will be trying the old fashioned way. my RE says since i am able to get a period, that there is still an opening that would allow things to enter and exit, so fx!.. i go back to see him next thursday to see how the femara worked and i guess we'll go from there..

19. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

Ahh, I just got a call that my test results are in, but could only make an appointment for Tuesday. They said they would call if anyone cancels for this afternoon though. SO curious to know if something came out positive.

20. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

Ugh so my Estradiol went down from 165 to 98. Google is not helping because everything says they cancel cycles over this. Could it just be because I normally don't ovulate until 4-5 days from now, even on Clomid? My hormonal self is trying really hard not to cry at my desk. Ugh.

21. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@Mrs.Someone: ah exciting! Too bad they don't put the results online. Although, my RE does, and it's not working out so well for me this afternoon, haha

22. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@spaniellove: I'm so skeptical that you've had any effective IUIs at this point, based on the two you told me about and now this one where it may not have even been a follicle.

I kind of feel like someone needs to do some effective treatment for you!

23. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Shutterbug: Boo, I have no idea what Estradiol levels mean, but I really hope its not a cancelled cycle for you!

And my doctor had a cancellation, so I get to go in this afternoon, yay! I get some results from the lab 1 business day after the doctor gets them, but not everything. I think she just got them today though, so maybe I'll get the alert on Monday.

24. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Late to the party this week...

What cycle are you on/how long have you been TTC?
    Cycle 4, since March 2013

What are your plans for this cycle?
    Um, well...I think being pregnant. Tentative betas came back positive today. Re-check on Monday!

How is your attitude/outlook?
    Scared, and excited. Trying to enjoy every second. Also, I'm really glad that my progesterone numbers have thus far been good! Still supplementing with Prometrium, though, and staying on baby aspirin.

What have you struggled with most this week?
    Worry about what this pregnancy will bring-but I'm trying not to dwell on the negative. Though these next few weeks are much more nerve-wracking than any TWW ever has been!

What is your diagnosis?
    Repeat pregnancy loss, low progesterone

What are your plans this weekend?
    Cleaning the kitchen? And mostly chilling. I'm exhausted.

25. Mrs. Jacks

@LovelyPlum: Holy crap!!! Hopefully the prometrium will do the trick!
    Congratulations!!!

26. Mrs. Polish

blogger / nectarine / 2010 posts

@LovelyPlum: ahhhh! Fingers crossed and lots of prayers!

27. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@spaniellove: that really is not cool. I'm so sorry.

@FaithFertility: come on, BFP! When will you test?

@TheReelDeal: what are you going to go see??

@TheSwissWifeStyle: have fun with that

@Sunshine1810: I'm sorry about AF. I hope you can rest this cycle.

@Leialou: I love getting dressed up, too! I am sorry that AF is so heavy, that is the worst. Hopefully tomorrow night will make you feel beautiful and forget about her for a while!

@Mrs. Polish: baby fever seems rampant around here recently! How old is I?

@Mrs.Someone: happy birthday! And how did the appointment go?

@justdarling: I hope you have a great time at the game. We love going to games!

@alie: enjoy your vacation! It's so nice to get away. Where are you headed?

@kentuckygirl: girls' nights are the best. What are your plans? And I am so sorry about your HSG. That sounds so awful

@PastaAndPotato: I'm sorry if you explained this before, but your house is getting lifted? As in, moved to a new location? Cool!

@MrsTal: moving doctors is the worst. I hope you can find one you like.

@brownie: a water park sounds like a lot of fun. I haven't been to one in years.

28. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Mrs. Jacks: @Mrs. Polish: thank you!!

I was on Prometrium last time, but not until sometime in week 4. I'm maybe (if I'm generous) 11 DPO now, and I tested early so that I could get it in right away if it came up positive. My HCG was only 7.8 this morning, so really quite low, but I'm trying not to focus on that. I think I only felt implantation cramps yesterday, so I know it hasn't had a lot of time to build up in my system. Still, I'm anxious for the repeat draw on Monday! Eek!

29. Mrs. Polish

blogger / nectarine / 2010 posts

@LovelyPlum: absolutely keep us updated.

30. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Mrs. Polish: I will, don't you worry

31. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@LovelyPlum: woo hoo! Throwing lots of sticky dust! Hugs!

32. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@tequiero21: yay, thanks! I'll take it!

33. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@LovelyPlum: Thank you for the bday wishes, and I'm thinking the best for you!

As for me, I had an appointment today to go over a ton of blood test results. I did test mildly positive for another autoimmune issue: anticardiolipin igm. I don't know a lot about it, but it means I'm adding baby aspirin to my daily cocktail. Also she did a food sensitivity panel to see if anything else could be causing inflammation. Only 2 things came back to take out of my diet (beans), and a few others came back to avoid. She is also putting me back on the herbs, and adding an anti-inflammatory supplement to the mix.

DH and I also discussed it and we're going to consult with an RE to see what approach they would take based on my history/test results. Hoping to schedule that for next week. But overall, I'm comfortable with the treatment I'm on right now.

34. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@LovelyPlum: Congrats! That's great news and very exciting.

@Mrs.Someone--sounds like a perfect birthday. How are you feeling about switching paths to a RE?

35. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@Happygal: I don't think we're going to be switching paths, especially since I don't think their treatment would be any different (based on my research). We're basically going in for a 2nd opinion, in case they do come up with something different.

36. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@LovelyPlum: ahhhhh!!!! I hope the progesterone does the trick for you! So exciting!!

37. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@LovelyPlum: yay! Congrats! Don't worry about the hcg numbers-to me they seem to be on track for 11 dpo.

38. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@LovelyPlum: Wooohoooo!!!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm praying fora sticky baby!

39. Mrs. Jacks

@Mrs.Someone: I feel like your ND has been very proactive and really thoughtful. Hopefully you guys can figure out a way to get a sticky baby now that you know all the challenges you are facing

40. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@Shutterbug: any update? Hugs!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee