Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Check in - 7/25

1. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

No news today...boo. I promise I will update when I get it!

2. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@marionberry @sweetooth: good to see you both here! How are things going for you? Marionberry, the final countdown is starting for you soon, right?

@shutterbug: that IUI sounds like awful business, but I'm glad you were able to do it--exciting!

@spaniellove: It will be interesting to hear what the head honcho has to say. Keep us updated!

@mrs.someone: Can't wait to hear about your second opinion.

@lovelyplum: fingers crossed for all good news....

@faithfertility: it seems everyone around me is popping up pregnant, so friend, I can totally relate. Hang in there.

3. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Just got the call...betas at 14 dpo, 4w0d are 53.1, up from 7.8 at 11 dpo. I'm beaming right now...soo excited!!!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Grow, baby !

4. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@LovelyPlum: great news! Will you get more betas?
    @happygal: 7 weeks, 2 days lol, but who is counting? I'm really eager to meet him but we have a ton to do still to prepare.

5. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@LovelyPlum: that's wonderful news!

6. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Happygal: Things are going well Thanks for asking!

@LovelyPlum: SO excited for you! Keep going up beta numbers, keeping growing!

7. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@LovelyPlum: Yay, great news! According to this site, the average at 14dpo is 48, so you're ahead of the curve! Thinking great thoughts for you

8. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@LovelyPlum: that's amazing!! Healthy little bean! Congrats

9. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@marionberry: holy crap where does the time go?!?! Didn't you just find out you were pregnant?

10. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@LovelyPlum: Congrats! Hope your little bean keeps up the good work!

@marionberry: That's so crazy. It doesn't seem like that long ago we were on the charting thread and now he's almost here!

@sweetooth: I'm so glad you're still around here as a grad!

11. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

We had the follow-up/consult (re-consult?) with the head RE, and DH says it must have been worth it for me just to be right about things. First, he fixed the chart error that caused the whole nurse-getting-nasty-with-me incident. He said a nurse wrote down the wrong dates. He also said I definitely did not have a cyst this cycle and it was just a very early follicle. Whew! Which led us to discuss how to prevent that from happening again, and I confessed that I started taking Estrace in the LP this cycle. He said that was totally fine and would add Estinyl (the estrogen component of BCP) for a few days after the start of each cycle. He agreed with my theory that the cycle I got pregnant it was probably because I ovulated late (after coming off the post-IVF meds), so the additional estradiol would suppress me just enough to hold off ovulation a little longer.

I'm kind of glad I can finally take advantage of this clinic's expertise with DOR, since for so long I wasn't seeing it. Or rather I couldn't make them see that I had enough of a problem.

12. Mrs.Someone

pomelo / 5228 posts

@spaniellove: Glad to hear you had a good appointment! Do you have a plan for next cycle, should you need it?

13. kentuckygirl

pear / 1786 posts

@spaniellove: I am so happy to hear that you got a appt with the head re and that it was so productive!!!

14. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

No updates from me but there's been a lot of pregnancy announcements from my FB friends. Think I need to hide the friends from my feed.

Two weeks ago, my sister told me she was TTC and I said that it was great (but silently I was nervous about her not having any trouble getting pregnant). I would never wish IF on anyone but just upset that others have it so easy. Then last week, my sister sent me a picture of a possible pregnancy announcement that her friend did. Well, I finally decided to ask her if she would mind not talking about TTC to me because it's hard for me. I was afraid she was going to be upset or annoyed with me. She wasn't. In fact, she apologized. I even texted her the next day asking if she wanted my leftover prenatals and OPKs. She did. So I think everything is all good.

I don't know if you guys saw my thread about my friend using our #1 girl name for her team green child. Well, crisis has been adverted (sp?) for now, she had a healthy baby boy last week! Next up is how to talk to her about us using that name if we have a daughter. If things were perfect, she wouldn't mind and would think it would be cool for our future daughters to share a name.

15. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Thank you ladies Even despite feeling super awful, it has been a really good day!

No more betas scheduled for right now, but I got an appointment scheduled for August 19. In a way, I'm glad to have it a few weeks odd, because we are leaving town for five days next week, and things have just generally been crazy around here. So, it will be good to have it after things calm down. Now, i just hope I make it to that point.this time! But things feel different now, so I am very hopeful

16. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@spaniellove: I'm glad it went well!

@bluestriped bee: I'm sorry about the announcements. It is really good that your sister was supportive, though!

17. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Shutterbug: Yes it has flown by!

@spaniellove: Speaking of which, whatever happened to the charting thread? I always liked helping girls out since I couldn't have gotten through IF without everyone helping me on there. So so happy you had such a good meeting with the head RE. Did it feel good to be right about your own thoughts too? Will you continue to see this RE now or do you just get his advice?

@lovelyplum: We only got two betas too! It's hard to wait for your first ultrasound but I think it's better than worrying about whether your numbers double. FX for a happy and healthy 9 months for you!

18. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@LovelyPlum: That's wonderful news! Congratulations!!

@bluestriped bee: I am glad that your sister was understanding when you told her. I know exactly how you feel. My best friend just got married in May, and said she was going to start TTC right away. She told me she was pregnant when she got back from her honeymoon in June. Of course I am really happy for her and her DH, but after 2 years of trying it's sad at the same time. And I HATE that I feel any sadness at all, it makes me feel awful.

19. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@spaniellove: Thanks Sounds like your visit with the head RE was really valuable. I'm glad you were able to get in with him again. I hope that he can stay in the loop should you decide to move forward with more treatment at this clinic.

@bluestriped bee: YAY! Your friend had a boy and your chosen name is still yours! I think a conversation with her would still be good, but at least now you have more time to make that happen. And as for your sister, I'm glad you were able to talk with her and share your feelings. I know I shut down when I found out my sister was trying again, and then when she got pregnant. It was hard to handle. But now we're in a better place. Talking is a good thing.

@LovelyPlum: Everything sounds so good! A little break from beta land, heading out of town, and a future appointment to look forward to. So glad you're in a hopeful place

20. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@spaniellove: I'm glad your appointment went well.

21. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Sunshine1810: Don't feel bad for your feeling, it's only natural after trying like you/we have!

22. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@FaithFertility: Thank you! I need to hear that sometimes. It helps me to not feel like such a bad person!

23. spaniellove

honeydew / 7916 posts

@Mrs.Someone: @kentuckygirl: @LovelyPlum: @marionberry: @sweetooth: @Leialou: Thank you guys, you know how hard it's been to get any positive experiences from that place. I'm hoping that next cycle we'll finally have a real shot...if you're familiar with IVF protocols it's like doing the first part of EPP or estrogen priming protocol.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee