Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2018 POAS

1. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@paranundrum: @mdf106: @skinnycow: sorry to hear that AF has arrived but ๐Ÿคž for a bfp next month!!

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I'm sorry! We will miss you, but I totally understand the need for a break.

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: That sucks! Hoping the HSG + Clomid is what it takes!

4. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thanks! I'm hoping so as well. Fingers, toes, and eyes are crossed for a BFP in August! Still hopeful to see yours this month. ๐Ÿ’›

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@starlitsky: Thanks, star! Keeping positive AND we are on to the next cycle ... ๐Ÿ‘

6. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Sams Mom: how are you doing? Is your ovary still spasming?

When will you start testing? Iโ€™m going to try to wait until Monday (10 dpo) but I may cave and test on Sunday with a cheapie lol

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@starlitsky: I was still getting cramps and spasms yesterday, nothing yet today (which means it will start after I hit submit). I am 7 dpo today, and I will probably start testing with internet cheapies tomorrow to appease the POAS junkie... But won't test with a good test until Saturday at 10 dpo.

Well that's the current plan.

How's it going for you?

8. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Starlitsky: Thank you, maybe August will be my lucky month.
    Fingers crossed for you too!

9. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@paranundrum: thank you!!!

@Sams Mom: ooh exciting! Good luck tomorrow!! as for me, Iโ€™m totally symptom spotting over here... had some cramping and bloating yesterday. I just started temping this cycle so I have another data point to obsess over ๐Ÿ˜‚. My temp went up a bit today so Iโ€™m hoping thatโ€™s a good sign!

@MamaBear87: are you enjoying your vacation? When are you back?

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@starlitsky: The only other symptoms I might be having is constipation? I'm never constipated, and the last couple days have not been kind to me...

On that note my husband borrowed my phone to look something up yesterday, and my search history consisted of "constipated 5dpo sign of early pregnancy", he looked at me like I might have lost it.

11. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Sams Mom: ๐Ÿคฃ Haha!!! Btw I totally googled โ€œ4dpo crampingโ€ yesterday so you are not alone! ๐Ÿ˜œ

12. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@starlitsky: were in southern California so it's been way too hot to do anything outside, but it's 118 at home today so we're counting it a win ๐Ÿ˜‚

My temp dipped today so now the desperate hope that it goes back up tomorrow! I hate this part of temping because there's so much hope/crushed dreams for no reason. I'm 6-7 dpo and won't be testing until I'm late so we've got lots of time to obsess

13. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: don't do it! Symptoms are all just progesterone at this point

14. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: Yeaaaaaaaa, I'm terrible about Dr Google.

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Omg, I adore you ladies! ๐Ÿ˜€. What happened to the women of reason who told me not to put too much stock into my BBT because I should "look at the larger picture" and that early temp fluctuations are normal?!? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Progesterone makes us all mad with baby-fever! Lol.

16. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: This is a lot like what I tell my son, "Do as I say, not as I do"

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ‘
    I love that "Mom" response!

18. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

I donโ€™t know why I do this to myself, but af still hasnโ€™t shown. Iโ€™m out of HPTโ€™s, so for shits and giggles I took an OPK, and itโ€™s positive!! Can I be about to ovulate again? Iโ€™m cycle day 33.

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Warning, I am about to be very optimistic: First how long is your normal cycle?

OPKs can pick up HCG, I have never really pinpointed what beta it takes to turn an OPK +, but it is possible. HCG & LH are structurally very similar. The best way to explain this that I have found it HCG & LH are twins, HCG is wearing a hat. The OPK looks for one of the twins, and the HPT looks for the hat.

20. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: OPKs turn positive in pregnancy for about 20% of the population. Sam's Mom's explanation is absolutely correct; however, a HPT would pick up on the HCG before an OPK would (especially ones as low as 6.5 or 10 miu). Also, OPKs have been known to turn positive immediately before women begin their menstrual cycles due to a surge in Estrogen and underlying LH. I had asked my OBGYN about this months back and then took the initiative to read up on it a bit and conduct some of my own research by using OPKs and having friends use them before AF. It boils down to (once again), you have a 50/50 chance. God, do I hate to be the bearer of that. It is still "wait-n-see." I'm hoping for you to get your BFP. ๐Ÿ’œ

21. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@Sams Mom: I appreciate your optimism! I wish I had it. Iโ€™m just wondering if my cycles are screwed up from my CP last month. IF I ovulate in a given month, my cycles are usually 32 days. Iโ€™ve been thinking about you and hope you get your BFP in the next few days โ˜บ๏ธ.

@Kaohinani: you are a wealth of knowledge! Thank you! Iโ€™m sure it means af is on her way then, but I had never heard/experiences that before. Iโ€™m sorry af came, but Iโ€™m rooting for you next cycle.

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Jessiemuller88: Thanks ... I could really use a cheering section some days (whether it be for my knowledge OR for me to get a BFP)! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚ Just know I'm still holding out hope for you and your BFP. ๐Ÿ˜€ Don't give up hope until AF shows ... Even then, you just have to use it as, "Okay, I'll mourn for a day, then I'll look at AF as a new start to a new cycle with potential for my BFP!". (I drank wine and ate grilled cheese on my mourning day! ๐Ÿ˜‚) Honestly, it's what keeps me going. ๐Ÿ˜‰. F'x

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I am an eternal optimist for all people not me. My husband thinks it's hilarious because I constantly say I hate people, yet I give most people benefit of the doubt. (there are a select few that has had nothing but hate and discontent from day 1).

@Jessiemuller88: & @Kaohinani: It sucks knowing what to do when and still having no luck. I just hope that all of us get our BFP soon, because failed cycles are the pits!

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I think we are long-lost twins (too much alike) .... Except, I probably only come up to your hip. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ #We'dLookLikeSchwarzeneggerAndDevito

* PS. My favorite shirt to wear when grocery shopping so ppl don't approach me bc I'm "choosy" with people I associate with and dislike ignorance. Lol. (Sorry, phone didn't flip it b4 posting)

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

I just reread my above "PS." It made me sound more vain than introverted and slightly antisocial. I can assure everyone, vain and nasty, I am not ... awkward as all H*ll and optimistic for everyone, yes, that I can attest to. ๐Ÿ˜‚

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I live and breath awkward, unless I have a strong opinion.

The funny thing about the twin comment is my dad is like 6'5" and one of his best friends and former teaching partner is like 5'5". Well my dad was in the hospital at one point, only family was allowed back, and he told the nurse that they were twins separated at birth and reunited 20 years ago... and she believed it and let him in

27. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: That is hilarious! ๐Ÿ˜‚. Had she never seen the movie?!?

28. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Kaohinani: Hahaha I love how we are going crazy in here, at least weโ€™re all in it together! Lol ๐Ÿค—

@Jessiemuller88: what a twist!! I had something like that happen to me last month where it looked like I was going to ovulate but I never got a blazing opk positive (I was also traveling and couldnโ€™t test twice a day) and then a week later I did. I hope youโ€™re getting busy in case youโ€™re about to ovulate! ๐Ÿ˜†

@MamaBear87: Iโ€™m in so cal too and Iโ€™m dying from the heat!! I hope your temp goes back up tomorrow... today could be the implantation dip, right?๐Ÿ™

29. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@starlitsky: we live in Phoenix so it's hot here but 103 is nothing ๐Ÿ˜‚

Could be. But I've had dips before and not been pregnant. Your chart really means nothing in reaction to pregnant or not unfortunately

30. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MamaBear87: ahh a couple of weeks ago temps were 115-120 here and I was thinking this is what it must be like to live in AZ! lol

so funny that symptoms and charts mean nothing yet we obsess so much over them during the tww

31. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@starlitsky: it's so not the same ๐Ÿ˜‚ we were also here for that one. It still cooled off at night. Phoenix doesn't dip below 100 when it's that hot, even at 4am

32. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@MamaBear87: it was still 100 at night in my part of town (the Valley)!! And then there was a power outage so our AC wasnโ€™t working

33. Jessiemuller88

clementine / 973 posts

@MamaBear87: @Starlitsky: I couldnโ€™t imagine that kind of heat. In Memphis, we think itโ€™s hot when itโ€™s 98, but our humidity is sky high.

Well, turns out my positive OPK did indicate AF. I started this morning. Officially out ladies. FX for the rest of you

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jessiemuller88: I am in the midwest like you, and this humidity AND 100+ temps are killing me!

Glad to see you on the August board too!

@starlitsky: So I got up at 4:30 and went pee without thinking to test. But I did bring a cheapie to work to maybe test second morning with... even though it's early for an easy@home.

35. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Jessiemuller88: that sounds really hot esp with the humidity!! Sorry to hear about AF but glad to see you on the Aug boards, fx for next month!!

@Sams Mom: ooh keep us posted!! ๐Ÿคž

@MamaBear87: how was your temp this morning?

My temp dipped a bit today. Hoping it goes back up tomorrow!

36. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@starlitsky: a whole lot of negative... But what did I expect.

In other terrible news, I have to have a tooth pulled August 2. I've had a problem with it for a while, I've been avoiding it because this 29 year old is afraid of the dentist; but I finally have my anxiety meds balanced and think I can handle it.

37. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@starlitsky: it went back up, but only .04 so who knows

@Sams Mom: dentist trips are yucky but hope it goes smoothly for you!

38. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I am such a wiener about the dentist, but now that I am trying to instill oral hygiene with my 2 y/o I am forcing myself to buck up. Like literally one of my husband and I's biggest fights was over me wanting to avoid having my wisdom teeth out.

39. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm totally stubborn about things that have to be done also. I totally get it! I seriously thought I was going to die before my heart procedure and i survived so you can do it!

40. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Sams Mom: haha it's still early! are you testing again tomorrow? i'm going to try to hold out until saturday (9dpo). good luck with the tooth! hopefully it'll be over quickly and you won't have to worry about it anymore!!

@MamaBear87: yay for going back up! i hope mine does tomorrow too!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee