Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

July 2018 POAS

1. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@starlitsky: I'm going to use a FRER on Saturday (10 dpo), but will probably use another cheapie tomorrow morning to appease the monster.

2. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

I think I've decided to start smoking and drinking. (ABSOLUTELY JUST JOKING here but listen to my reasoning. πŸ˜‚). So, my best friend and I were chatting and we were trying to figure out what (besides age) has changed in the last 10 and 3.5 years that would effect my fertility. The only thing we can come up with is cigarettes and wine. LOL. πŸ˜‚. 11 years ago, when I became pregnant with my daughter, I was a smoker. Not a serious heavy-duty smoker, rather, a 1/4 a pack a day smoker, but still - I smoked cigarettes regularly. I quit as soon as I became pregnant and haven't had one since. Similarly, before my son, my husband and I were part of a wine club (tastings, anyone?) and indulged in a glass or 2 at least 3 nights a week. Since my son, I may have a glass a MONTH! SOOOO, the variables appear to be cigarette smoking and wine. πŸ˜‰. My bestie stated (very tongue-in-cheek) that I should simply buy a pack of Marlboros and down a bottle of cab during OV and hope for the best! Couldn't help but to laugh and share.

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: So my husband has a very messed up sense of humor, and it's only got worse since becoming a cop. Well he told me that all I need to do is get addicted to meth and have our son taken by CPS, and I'll pregnant instantly. I mean obviously that isn't what is going to happen, but it seems to do the trick for a lot of people.

4. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Kaohinani: This article says that drinking red wine is good for fertility. If that was the case I'd already be pregnant, though

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/drinking-red-wine-fertility-boost-study-washington-university-missouri-a8025531.html

5. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: LOL. Right?
    The irony of all of the wonderful women who should be mothers (once, twice, or thrice over) who can't versus those individuals who abuse the blessings they have just astounds me. When I was teaching in a school for homeless students in downtown SD, I became familiar with so many drug and abuse stories. So many of the students had younger siblings at "home" (wherever that was at the time) and I kept thinking, "Why can't my husband and I have one?" (Speaking of my exhusband who was basically sterile for all reproductive purposes). I wanted to save every one of them in that situation, if not solely for them, but for me.

6. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@skinnycow: Well, then, I shall pour a glass tonight. #PracticeDrinkingForOvulation. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚
    Thanks for the info!

7. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: this is excellent! I often wonder at how an acquaintance we have who's hugely overweight and smokes can be on baby number 3 and we're having trouble with a second πŸ˜‚πŸ˜­
    Also have a friend who has major health issues and she's been pregnant 3 times, last time only took them 5 months

8. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I told my OB/GYN what my husband said, and he told me that I have to time it to where I'm ~4 weeks away from delivery of my next one when the previous one is taken... This is why I love my OB, he's not uptight at all

9. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm with you on that. My best friend is overweight and smokes. She jokes that the only way she'd ever actually run is for an oatmeal creme pie strapped to the bumper of a Jeep. She also states that to the 10 lbs of weight I want to lose, she wants to lose enough weight to equal one ME. She has as many health issues as I. Ironically, it only took her 3 mos of "actively" trying after 2 mos of "passive" ttc to become pregnant with my godson! I'm a professor who has made it a hobby to study my fertility and a certified personal trainer who exercises daily and I can't catch a break. *shrugs*

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: Also I have friends/acquaintances that shouldn't be having more kids because they can't take care of the ones they have, yet it's easy as can be for her to get pregnant.

11. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I may like my OBGYN but, seriously, yours takes the cake! That is hysterical! πŸ˜‚

12. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@SamsMom: I'm a bit behind with the chat, but I wanted to say that I have been going to the dentist three times a month since April. I'm terrified of it and had to get anxiety meds from my doctor after the first time I went in early April. I had two root canals done and one hidden cavity. It was horrible and I feel like I deserve a medal now it's all done.

13. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: I'm glad I'm not alone in being afraid of the dentist. For crying out loud I have less issues with getting a pelvic while on my period every dang month, than I do with going to the dentist. I'm on zoloft for other anxiety, but it's definitely helpful in this scenario.

14. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@Sams Mom: @paranundrum: I'm with ya on the dentist fear. Last time I went in I had EIGHT(!) cavities. Pregnancy ruined my teeth. It's been over a year since then and i haven't gathered the courage to go back...

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Watching "Unexpected" now ...because I can. πŸ˜‰(My bestie got me hooked.). Please, tell me I'm not the only person who watches this (or shows like this) and catches herself slow-shaking her head with her mouth slightly agape. πŸ€”. I don't "get" people.

16. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

.... AND I JUST realized you all are speaking about dentist visits again. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I'm absolutely off topic now (again). AWKWARD! Forgive me.

17. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I've not watched that one, but "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant" fascinates me and makes me stare at the TV like that sometimes

18. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Thank you! I do it with that one as well. (My husband says I even make a "stinky cheese face." πŸ˜‚) I'm fascinated that someone wouldn't even have an inkling during 40-ish weeks that she MAY be pregnant. I suppose it is possible but it seems pretty unlikely.

19. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@SamsMom: I'm not really fond of any doctors, am afraid of needles and may black out when I have blood drawn, but dentists are the worst.

@Skinnycow: I have been a frequent visitor to the dentist all my life. My mother had to take antibiotics when she was pregnant with me and it ruined my teeth. I rarely get normal cavities, usually a bit (or a half or so) of a tooth just breaks off. This time I got a tooth ache in early spring and went to get an x-ray done and that revealed all of the problems. That was not fun.

20. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I watch shows like that too. It's interesting to peek into the lives of people so different sometimes. I don't watch any reality shows from my own country though. Those are cringy.

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: I absolutely do not wish to be intrusive but I am curious: What country has such cringy shows? πŸ˜† Many American shows are pretty cringe-worthy, to say the least. πŸ˜‰

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: I'm not a huge "reality television" fan; however viewing the personal and relational dynamic between people and watching others from differing socio-economic statuses relate fascinates me. I'm an "observer," I suppose.

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

I AM SOOOOO FREAKING HUNGRY!!! That should be a sign of early pregnancy, right? πŸ€ͺ

24. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: I'm from Estonia. (so excuse
    my English, I don't have much practice.)
    Maybe watching American shows as an American feels the same as me watching shows made here. It makes me a bit sad and embarrassed for them usually.

25. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Please, do not apologize for your English. You speak/spell beautifully and are highly articulate. I absolutely feel the same for many American television programs as you do for Estonian programs ... You, obviously, know not of Floribama Shore which is currently airing.
    πŸ˜‚. My neighbor watches it and it is mind-numbing.

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: LOL. Of course, ravenous = pregnant. πŸ˜‰. In your case, I hope it does. πŸ’›

27. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Kaohinani: hahaha I’m laughing at your conclusion that you need to smoke and drink to get pregnant! Love your sense of humor!

@paranundrum: I had no idea you were from another country! Your English is wonderful!

@Sams Mom: you are definitely pregnant!!! any other symptoms? I’m feeling bloated and feel some twinges in my abdominal area (which I’ve also felt when not pregnant lol).. I must be pregnant too, right?? 😜

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@starlitsky: just hot flashes, some serious boob pain, and on & off ovary pain/cramps. This cycle is tripping me out.

And yes, of course you must be! πŸ˜‹

29. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Sams Mom: lol I know symptom spotting is futile but it sure helps pass the time! 😝

I’m kinda anxious about my temp tomorrow! I’m really hoping it goes up! πŸ“ˆ

30. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@starlitsky: I need to get back to temping next cycle, it makes me feel better about pin pointing ovulation instead of having to assume 12-36 hours after + OPK or whatever it is.

31. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Sams Mom: this is my first cycle temping since I had my first baby, and I’m really liking knowing when I ovulated! And like I said earlier, it’s another data point to analyze and obsess over πŸ˜†

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@starlitsky: I temped for TTC cycles 1-13, maybe 14? Then it made me batshit analyzing everything... So I took a break (and started Zoloft ), but I'm going back to it 🀣 because sanity isn't important haha

33. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Sams Mom: 🀣🀣🀣 🌑

34. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

OK, ladies -
    Help me brainstorm here. It is too early to call the OBGYN and I was wondering if any of you may have some knowledge on freakishly short and heavy AFs.
    Here is the down-n-dirty: This is my 1st AF after my HSG. AF has existed as follows: Massive cramping, scant spotting one day, heavy AF CD 1, clots, medium trailing to light AF on CD 2, spotting today (CD 3). I always have 3-5 day very light AFs. 10 miu HPTs are BFN. I am 38 so my biggest fear is perimenopause. Every hormone test says LH, Estrogen, Testosterone, Prolactin, and Progesterone are all absolutely normal. WHAT IS GOING ON?

Does anyone have any insight?

35. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Starlitsky, @Kaohinani: Thanks. I love having a place to use English. I rarely have the chance in real life.

@Kaohinani: I don't have any ideas, but I'm eager to hear if anyone else has, because you just described my recent AFs. After that I just get several days of light (and annoying) spotting.

36. Lahela017

kiwi / 583 posts

Ugh, I was weak and tested this morning (8dpo) and got a BFN. I know it's early, but I'm still really bummed....

@Paranundrum: I had no clue you were from a different country!!

37. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: From what my doctor told me when I bitch about AF variations from Clomid it shouldn't be a problem. "As long as you're having a period, if you analyze whether its lighter or heavier or chunkier you're going to drive yourself crazy." I believe was his exact phrasing.

But having had a HSG, it might be a sign of something, if it will make you feel better, get a hold of him.

@Lahela017: I was weak today too. Used my single FRER I was saving for at least tomorrow... BFN @ 9 dpo.

38. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Lahela017: I don't think I've given any clues other than temping in Β°C and posting at odd hours before now anyway. I'm glad my English hasn't given me away.

@Lahela017, @SamsMom: Sorry about the BFNs. Hopefully they will turn into something more positive in the coming days.

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Called OBGYN's office. I spoke with the nurse on the nurse's line. She is concerned there may be an underlying hormonal issue or I may, indeed, be starting perimenopause early. πŸ˜•πŸ‘ŽπŸ˜’ She is going to discuss what I told her with my OBGYN and either call me back or have him call. I asked what that means for my Clomid for this cycle and she stated I may have to come in for tests and may have to forgo the Clomid this cycle. 😩 I just don't know any more.

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Some Americans also use Β°C so that is not all that odd. Also, I am an early riser (up at between 4:30 or 5 am) and go to bed around 10 pm so your hours were not suspect to me. πŸ˜‰

@Sams Mom: @Lehela017: So sorry to read that neither of you received early BFPs. πŸ˜•

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee