Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2017 POAS

1. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@dc yoga bee: Fingers crossed for you!! Sounds really promising!

2. mrslibrarian

coffee bean / 39 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I showed my husband my wondfo last night and he was like what am I looking at. So I told him I think I just had my last drink for awhile.

Any symptoms yet for you?

3. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrslibrarian: lol, that's how DH would react too! Still haven't told him! 😏

No symptoms yet. Maybe made up ones (oh, did I just get nauseous? no...). I guess major bloating!! You?

4. mrslibrarian

coffee bean / 39 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: bloating for sure. I joke that with my first pregnancy I gained 10lbs immediately after I got a positive. It was bloat central. My nausea has subsided for now. I hardly had any symptoms with my son. When/ how will you tell your husband?

5. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrslibrarian: I'm getting slammed with headaches last night and this morning. I still haven't told DH. I'm more worried that this won't stick so I can't even enjoy it properly 😢 Doesn't help that I'm in meetings ALL DAY starting in 10 min.

6. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: As difficult as it is, try not to worry. The odds are in your favor for having a healthy pregnancy.

7. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I really, really hope I get a positive OPK today. Sex is painful and it makes my ovary feel like it's going to explode.
    I did order my trigger shot last night just in case. It should be here tomorrow morning but I'm praying I don't need it!

8. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: Thinking of you

@Mrs. Oreo: The odds are in your favor I think sometimes the POAS community can give a skewed perspective because people might not join unless they've had issues in the first place, and then once they're successfully pregnant they're mostly gone, and so the people who stick around and who you get to know tend to be the ones who've been unlucky. If you feel like you can enjoy it and be excited, let yourself do that

I am switching doctors and called middle of last week to leave a message on the line to set up a first appointment. The nurse called back today while I was out. She had seen my hcg tested to zero last month in my medical records and said "you've called the wrong place, this line is for people who are pregnant. I see your hcg was zero. If you're not pregnant, you need to call the gyn line." Doh...

9. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I would get headache s pretty frequently when I was pregnant with my first. Hope you feel better soon, and good luck with your meetings!

Positive opk this morning at 4am, and we Bd this morning at 5:45. Fingers crossed! I don't know if we will be able to Bd tomorrow, dh is pretty tuckered out! With getting an opk at 4am, I wonder if I won't ovulate today?

10. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@dc yoga bee: @periwinklebee: @mrskansas: thank you for your reassurance 😊

You guys, I'm literally sitting on the bathroom floor at Target right now after my meeting and was feeling down about the FRER being barely there. Then THIS!!!

For reference, I had two negative digitals yesterday and almost lost it.

Time to tell DH!

11. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: was that FRER from today?

12. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@dc yoga bee: I think your timing is good!

@Mrs. Oreo: super sticky vibes!

@mrskansas: hope you get that opk+. Definite downside of meds is the soreness.

@periwinklebee: hope you get to be a nice normal patient soon

13. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Yay!!! Congrats!!! Do you have any particular plans for telling your husband? I am SO, SO happy for you.

@dc yoga bee: Yay for positive opk! Sounds like this morning should cover your bases!

@bhbee: Hah, I was not going to go through the new patient OB line and wait another week, so I just called the OB nurses' line and luckily got ahold of someone. I'll do betas Fri and Mon (I'm out of town until then) and if it's doubling appropriately they want to do an ultrasound as soon as HCG indicates that they'd be able to see something given my history.

14. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: yes, like a few seconds before I dipped the digital. The digital surprised me because it was done before the FRER was done drying.

15. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I just did an OPK and it was super negative. Hopefully it was just too early in the day. I'm trying really hard not to feel discouraged that my body isn't doing what it's supposed to.

16. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mrskansas: I wasn't getting a positive until the middle of the night!! Maybe try a different time.

17. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dc yoga bee: Yeah I'll take one around 5 PM and then again in the morning. I don't think I've ever gotten a positive before 2 PM so I need to learn to be patient

It just baffles me that my follicles were already big but my body isn't doing anything. At least I'll have my trigger shot by noon tomorrow just in case.

18. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I know I shouldn't have taken another one... But seriously?!

19. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: It's important to remember that the LH surge happens in your blood, whereas those tests are using urine. My RE said that the OPK test is often positive the day after an LH surge because it takes time for LH to move from the blood to the urine in appreciable concentrations. That's why oftentimes you'll ovulate the same day as you first get a pos opk, even though the LH surge happens a bit before that.

Sending lots of

20. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@periwinklebee: Yeah and I know that, it's just hard not to be frustrated. When I was on Clomid, I was surging the same day my follicle was at 19mm, so I guess it's just annoying that on Femara my body isn't doing anything.
    I'm doing my best to stay relaxed but this is driving me a little crazy!

21. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@mrskansas: I 'm calling BS on your LH. What a jerk.

22. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: I feel so dumb for feeling sad about this. Like why can't my body just do this one thing?!
    Oh well, what's new.

23. gingerblonde

cherry / 184 posts

Hiiiiiii everyone, I'm a late joiner. I was on HB during my first pregnancy but haven't been around much at all since then. I got anxious and emo after getting a negative this afternoon, so I figured I'd head over to where the crazy parks.

Cycle Day: 28
    TTC Cycle: 1!
    Ovulation Date: 5/6
    POAS Date: Took one today, 10 DPO, nada.
    Baby #: 2
    What's up this month: Finally finished all of our home renovations, so I guess I'll be ready for nausea when/if it hits!

24. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@mrskansas: so frustrating! My opk today was lighter than yesterday too. I almost wish I wasn't even taking them, but I know if go even crazier not knowing.

I've had 3 friends announce pregnancies in the last 2 days. Not helping.

25. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Seeing pregnant on a digital is the best! Any plans for how you'll tell dh?

26. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@jodyblair: ugh. One of my insufferable coworkers announced his wife is expecting #2 today.

27. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Ew, that's so annoying! I'm so sorry that it's causing so much frustration

28. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@jodyblair: I ran home in between meetings to wake DH up (he works night shift) and asked him to read it. He blinked about 100 times and then looked at me like, "WHAT?" Hahah! Never used the onesie I bought months ago that said "Hello Daddy." The digital confirmation got me riled up. Lol.

29. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@gingerblonde: Welcome! Good luck! Hope a is coming soon!

30. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: awee that is sweet!

31. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Are you testing again today or is your doctor going to do betas?

32. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I didn't test again. I did temp and it went from 98.2 yesterday to 98.6 this morning. My OB and PCP did not offer betas as a routine thing, but I asked (begged!) my PCP to reconsider so that I can get peace of mind.

33. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I admire your willpower for not testing!
    Hopefully you can get in for betas soon. What DPO are you?

34. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: I think I'm gonna just trust the digital pregnancy test. I might drive myself up the wall even more with anxiety over it being so early. According to FF, I'm 14dpo. My OB did set me up for my first US on 6/21. Eek!

35. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Yeah I think that's a good idea.
    And hey only about a month until your ultrasound!

36. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Seems like forever!

37. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Temping will hopefully also offer some peace of mind! I'm so so hopeful for you!

38. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@mrskansas: How are OPK's looking this morning?

39. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: Still super negative. My trigger shot is arriving by 10:30 though so I'll run home and have my husband do it ASAP.

40. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@knittylady: I think so too. If there's a sudden change to my temp, then I might be tempted to POAS again. I hope not!

@mrskansas: and yes, how are your OPKs?!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee