Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

MAY-be this is our month? May 2014 POAS thread

1. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

Cheerleader!

2. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

Awww May POAS already! This board was the first and only POAS board I joined!

3. Littlebit

nectarine / 2932 posts

Wishing you ladies good luck!!

4. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@MrsMccarthy: what you're describing was my last cycle almost to a T (and I was pretty certain I was pregnant when I got to 13 or 14 DPO with no AF and still only a little spotting).

I hope something happens one way or the other for you today - it sucks feeling in limbo and just waiting for AF to arrive

5. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: ugh! I know! I just want to move on! 11DPO and my spotting slowed but its still there. BFN. Totally frustrated.

6. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I had a very similar AF this last month too. I had spotting for so many days, but it was super light and weird...and my temp STILL hasn't dropped. Ugh. Stupid bodies doing whateverthehell they want to!

Cycle day // CD5

Cycle # // 2

Ovulation & POAS dates // Hopefully O on April 25, POAS by May 9

Baby # // 1

Your game plan this month // OPKs, temping/charting, more BD

7. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Our anniversary is in May too! And if all goes as planned, I'm hoping to POAS before mother's day.

8. Crystal

grapefruit / 4028 posts

@MaryM: I am hoping to POAS before mothers day too! I think my official date according to FF is May 9th, so that's perfect.

9. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Crystal: I really hope this is your month.

10. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

I'm still hanging with April -- so long as I ovulate on/before 4/18 I'll likely be doing my POASing there, but, who knows!

Cycle day // CD 11

Cycle # // 2, after Mirena removed 2/27.

Ovulation & POAS dates // I expect to O sometime between now and April 20th. POAS still TBD, but probably about 10 DPO.

Baby # // 1

Your game plan this month // When BD is just not going to happen, sweetie and I have agree I can just give him an instead cup and he'll bring it back full Continuing OPKs, have started temping this month because I had several false starts at ovulation last cycle. Because I got faked out, our BD timing was not so optimal last time.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4c6b31

11. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

Cheerleader!!

12. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

This is my first time joining a POAS thread, I have a feeling I will be addicted!

Cycle day - CD 9
    Cycle # - 1
    Ovulation & POAS dates - not sure, first month this time TTC
    Baby # - 2
    Your game plan this month - going to use OPK's to see if my cycle is the same as it was before LO #1

13. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@lilyofthewest: hahaha, I have never heard of an "Instead" cup but that is awesome and hilarious! Hope you get a BFP at the end of April, but you're very welcome here too!!

@MaryM: @Crystal: wouldn't that be a perfect way to celebrate mother's day? i think DH and I would tell our own moms in some cute/creative way that day if we get our BFP on/around May 6.

@MrsTiger: They are definitely addicting! How old is your LO#1? Mine is 13 months.

14. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@keepcalmcarrie - DD #1 is 19 months. I am so surprised with how much less stress I feel about getting pregnant than last time, but I guess it's also only month 1 so that might change!

15. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: http://www.softcup.com They're actually designed and marketed as a menstrual cup. I'm using them for that purpose in the months where getting pregnant doesn't work out, but they're also great for taking some of the stress and pressure off BD.

16. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Thank Jesus I finally got a full AF today! I took a small baby aspirin which may have helped. So happy to have that crappy confusing cycle done with!

CD 1

Cycle # 5

Ovulation and POAS date: if I ovulate like I did last time April 30 and then I'll POAS May 14

Baby #2

Game plan: most of you probably know that I had high hopes for April. I threw the kitchen sink at that cycle cutting out caffeine and using supplements and acupuncture and making sure our timing was perfect. This month I am going to scale way back. Not because I don't think that stuff works or helps but because I am tired and after 5 months of weaning and obsessing I really need a chill month. This month ill just do what I feel like doing and then perhaps next month or the following ill go kitchen sink again or modified. I have a doctors appointment on my POAS day which I will keep unless I end up pregnant and maybe even if I do. I worry about all the spotting and cramping I've been having lately and wonder if its more than just nursing related now that we are down to just 10-20 mins a day of nursing in one session. I hope nothing else is going on and that I can have a normal cycle this month. In fact I am going to set that as my biggest intention for this month. If I end up pregnant great but more than anything I just want to see my body work like its supposed to. I will wean my son fully around his second birthday (September) if I am not pregnant by then but I really don't wan to rush to fully wean him only to find out it isn't what's going on anyway. Good luck everyone.

17. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Yay! So glad to see that you're out of limbo! I think it's a great idea to just relax a little bit since you already know what you're doing! I'm sure your continual weaning efforts will help, and I can't wait to cheer you on for a BFP in May!

18. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

Cheerleader!! FX for everyone POAS in May!!

19. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

I always stalk the poas threads just because I enjoy seeing the bfp's, so I'll be cheerleading!

20. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

Cycle day // CD1

Cycle # // 3

Ovulation & POAS dates // ~May 1 & May 15

Baby # // 2

Your game plan this month // Same as before - hit as many days around ovulation as possible (aka all) and use OPKs.

21. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

The recent post about how long you've had your job before getting pregnant made me realize I fall in that boat! I just started my job two weeks ago so wouldn't have been here a year if we get pregnant right away...think we are still going to try anyway but wow that hadn't even crossed my mind.

22. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

Welcome May! I'm so excited for this month's POAS

Cycle day // CD8

Cycle # // 5 / Month #7

Ovulation & POAS dates // O around 4/23; POAS on 5/10 (ball park!)

Baby # // 1

Your game plan this month // PCOS diagnosis as of March. First cycle using Clomid: 50 mg on CD 3-7 (no side effects, thankfully!) Using OPKs and *might* start temping. Will have blood draw to try and confirm O on 4/29.

Chart link // n/a

Good luck everyone! *\o/*

23. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

Hi ladies! Just popping in to say that my pre-O TWW is almost over! Just got my positive OPK this afternoon. Looks like I'll be Oing right on schedule on CD 16. Can't wait to start this TWW!

24. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@MrsHansen82: I'm getting close to O, I think. CD10 over here! I'm using OPKs for the first time, and this morning's line was nearly as dark as the control - these things are a mystery to me, but I kind of like peeing on something and feeling like I'm doing a little more to figure things out

We BDd early this morning and plan to every day for the next several days. We'll see how that plan goes... my inlaws are coming to visit tomorrow for the weekend but nothing is standing in my way this cycle, haha.

Hope you've had a fun few days of BDing!

25. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Haha yeah don't let your inlaws stop you! BD away! I love OPKs because they take away some of the mystery of trying to figure out when you O. The last thing we want is more uncertainty while TTC! It's interesting though, my first cycle using them, the line got darker than the control, but since then they only get maybe as dark as the control line. I wonder if it's a weird batch or if I'm just producing less LH. I still feel O pains the next day, so I'm pretty sure I'm Oing on time. What brand do you use! I use Wondfos. I'm pretty satisfied so far.

26. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@MrsHansen82: Rite Aid brand - only the best

27. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Cross-posting from the April group....though it seems more and more likely my next poas will be in May

Opk still negative, monitor still at high, not peak. I'm on CD14, so it isn't as though o is even properly late, but, I've been increasingly disappointed since CD11.

The weird long cycle post IUD removal was a little frustrating, but, not unexpected. It's not very reasonable of me to expect this cycle to completely and totally revert to the way my cycles were 10 years ago on this second cycle. But, that's what I was doing.

Hopefully it just shows up before sweetie goes out of town on the 30th. And I suppose every day that passes without o is one day further from an Xmas due date.

28. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

I got a positive OPK today...figures we are now headed out of town at the last minute until Monday and won't be able to BD. I'll be cheering you guys on though!

29. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Prayers and positive thought to you Mamas to be

30. septca

GOLD / pomegranate / 3688 posts

Count me in as a cheerleader - Here's hoping for a full slate of BFPs!

31. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

Okay - officially 1 DPO! TWW, here I come!

32. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@MrsTiger: That sucks big time! I'm sorry

33. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@lilyofthewest: FX for you to O soon! Waiting to O is the worst!

34. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Alright y'all! I think I O'd I had positive opk results last night and this morning, and peak on the monitor this morning as well. I was also having mittelschmerz today.

I'm almost certainly going to start POAS in April, but, May 1st will be 12dpo and when I'd start properly hoping to see a positive.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4c6b31

35. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

Wishing everyone good luck in May!

36. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@KeepCalmCarrie - hope you don't mind if I start off a roll-call.

If I missed anyone or got your date wrong please let me know!

January and February mums :

May-be Baby POAS Dates :
    1 MrsHansen82, lilyofthewest
    6 KeepCalmCarrie, Crystal
    9 HellonHeels, MaryM
    10 HeartAbandoned
    14 Googly-eyes, MrsMcCarthy
    15 SorryCharlie?, Radish
    17 Raspberries
    20 DrJolene

TBD: MrsStar, MrsAds, Sunset840, MrsTiger

Cheerleaders: MrsStar, Adira, BushelAndaPeck, CircusBee, SnowJewelz, BakerBee, WinnieBee, TheOtherStark, Torchwood, Septca, Mrs.Panda, FaithFertility, Littlebit, MrsKoala, HLK208, ChicalgoBee, MrsScallop, LittleK, Smurfette, Delight

37. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Hi everyone- I've been on the fence about joining this thread because I entered the TWW sooner than expected and being one of the first ones out in April was a huge bummer. FF wants me to test on the 30th but I've decided to wait until May 1st, plus the April thread got kind of bananas. Nice to have a fresh start with you all! Good luck everyone!

Cycle day // CD4

Cycle # // 4

Ovulation & POAS dates // April 16, poas May 1

Baby # // 1

Your game plan this month // I'm trying not to be so fiercely focused on TTC this month, in hopes of mitigating the disappointment if it doesn't work out. I didn't worry about bd every single day this cycle- still had fair timing, just not O-3 through O+1 like I've aimed for before. I was pleasantly surprised to O right on cd14 this time! Usually its much later- I took vitex last cycle so maybe that helped. Now in the TWW I'm taking vitex again and adding some foods to potentially improve LP, trying to stay calm and hopeful but not unrealistic.

Chart link // http://fertilityfriend.com/home/pomegranate8

38. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@lilyofthewest: @Anya: Cycle buddies!!

39. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

Hi ladies! I am brand new to Hellobee and also to TTC! This is our first cycle trying (for our first baby). We are super excited but I'm trying to play it cool. Currently on CD13 and expecting to O within the next few days, testing in the first week of May. Good luck everybody!

40. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@angelachase: welcome and good luck!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee