Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2018 POAS

1. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@QBbride: looking good!!!

2. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

I have a question ladies? I was on clomid this cycle. It's my first time ever. I was wondering if clomid can mimic early pregnancy symptoms? I was talking to my friend and she said clomid made her breast hurt. Mine are hurting today. I never have breast pain unless I'm pregnant and I just feel off. I dont want to get excited if it's just the clomid.

3. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@cyoung: it can be the clomid because early symptoms are actually caused by progesterone. The clomid probably gave you a strong ovulation which would cause you to have higher levels of progesterone. You are still in the game though!

4. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@cyoung: definitely makes my boobs hurt, no matter if I was on 50 or 150.

5. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

Dang! That stinks. I am still game though. I found out I was actually a day behind then i thought. I'm 8 dpo today. I kept thinking I was a day ahead. This cycle has been weird.

6. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@cyoung: Clomid will definitely change your O day, so you have to really keep track of it.

7. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

11 dpo today and I had a weird FRER this morning. What does this mean?? I’m half pregnant?! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…

I also had a tiny bit of pale pink cm last night and this morning plus slight cramping which is making me worry.

8. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

@Sams Mom: yeah normally I temp but i didnt this cycle. I just did opks. I for some reason forgot that if i get positive opk I usually ovulate the next day not the day of. I made a newb mistake. I normally O around CD 19-21 but this time I Od cd 16 for reals.

@starlitsky: I think it was just a weird test. I had one like that with my daughter. You are pregnant!! I understand why you would be worried though. I know its normal to cramp. I'm sending prayers your way for a sticky bean!

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@starlitsky: That is a wild test, but a little bit of spotting and cramping is ok, as long as it's not heavy bleeding and heavy cramping. At least as far as I know.

I'd take another test tomorrow, but I'd say you're good

10. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

Hi everyone! Thank you for all of the well wishes. ❀ To update - I was admitted to the hospital early yesterday morning and stayed overnight for observation. I was released a couple hours ago and have been resting. I had been suffering with a Fibro flare (hormonal) and a migraine (frequent issue) but then my muscles began to lock and I was getting the shakes. Come to find out my potassium was dangerously low and I was dehydrated. Tests, drips, pain meds, potassium, more test, and pharmacy meds - now I am home and feeling considerably better even though I still have my usual fibro tenderness and fatigue. It has been a "helluva" week! πŸ˜’πŸ˜·πŸ˜Ά

@QBbride & @Starlitsky - Congratulations, ladies! I wish I could have been around to have been one of the first well-wishers. Happy and healthy 40 weeks to you both. πŸ’™

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: Holy crap! I'm glad you're out and on the mend!

12. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

@Kaohinani: glad you are doing better now! I'm so sorry you had to go through all that.

13. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: @Cyoung:
    Thank you. I'm happy to be on the mend as well. πŸ™‚ Actually, I'm REALLY glad we caught the issue with my potassium before it became life threatening. The treating physician told me that had we not caught it, my heart could have been affected.

14. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@cyoung: @Sams Mom: thank you ladies! I’m hoping it’s normal too and doesn’t get worse. πŸ™

@Kaohinani: ahhhh we missed you so much!!! Sorry to hear about everything you went through but glad you are feeling better and on the mend!!

15. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@starlitsky: I know ... I've got to just stop being so sickly. πŸ˜‚ AND, you ... you weren't allowed to have a BFP without me around! πŸ˜œπŸ˜‚πŸ˜ No fair that I wasn't around for it! πŸ’™

16. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@Kaohinani: oh my gosh! That’s frightening!! I’m glad you’re feeling better now, rest up lady!

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@QBbride: Yes ma'am. Will do. And, congratulations, mama! 😁

18. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@starlitsky: super weird, but definitely at least 3/4 pregnant
    @Kaohinani: gosh, super scary, but glad you’re getting better!

I’m glad I got the us this morning, turns out I have a cyst, so I have to take this month off from clomid. They said I can try on my own, but I’m not holding my breath.

19. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm laying here, reading back all the posts I have missed over this past week (Holy-moly are there a lot!!!), and I think you may have OVed but your LH wasn't as high as you are used to (or your surge passed quickly and you only got the start or tail end). I'm hoping your Progesterone 21 test affords you a few answers (and you can take a break from marathon BD-ing. Lol)

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: Well it is all moot now, because I just started bleeding. It's only CD20, so I have no idea what is going on.

21. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Thank you. It was pretty scary.

Wow, I'm REALLY glad you went for your US! πŸ‘ You would not have caught that cyst and that would have been a medicated (uncomfortable) cycle for naught! Talk about a lucky break there! Hopefully, you will be able to conceive naturally this up-and-coming cycle. πŸ˜‰

22. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Breakthrough bleeding can occur at any point during a cycle for ANY reason. I'd still go to the appointment anyway, if it were me.

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: I had my blood draw on lunch, and have refreshed my patient portal about 50x since 12:30 central time

Progesterone was 1.26

24. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: *scratches head* πŸ€” I'm sorry.
    IDK, what happened. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ This cycle is an enigma.
    (* I had the wacko 18 day Luteal with elevated temps and you got stuck with the "non-cycle." Polar opposites but equally fun stuff there. πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜’)

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: It's a shit show, I am so ready for this to work. On to cycle 20 I suppose.

26. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: I know ... I'm with you 100%. (Cycle 37 here ... but who is counting? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ™πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­) Incidentally, the EARLIEST the RE can see me for a consult is Dec 5th ... then a MONTH LATER for scans and hubby's juice check. It is OCTOBER and I'M OLD ... Menopause will have hit by the time he checks under my hood!!! We will be a month shy of 3 years TTC! I'm thinking I should just give up at this point.

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: You can't quit on me. I really really really want to quit, but we can't quit.

28. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: Fine. πŸ€” TTC pact. We will be pathetic in our TTC journey... together. πŸ˜‚

(* That is not meant to be offensive, of course, rather, we have had a crummy last few months and yada, yada ...)

29. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Kaohinani: I knowww I really wish you'd been there but of course your health is more important! Glad you're back now and I will be rooting you and @Sams Mom and all the other ladies on even if I move on from the POAS boards!!!

30. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@LAZB: HAHA 3/4 is pretty good, right? I'm glad they caught your cyst, hope it doesn't give you any trouble next cycle!

@Sams Mom: Hmm does that progesterone level mean you never ovulated? Soooo puzzling!!

31. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@starlitsky: I'm pretty sure based on the ranges they gave me.

Female Reference Ranges:
    Pubertal/adult females, menstrual cycle phase:
    Follicular 0.21 – 1.70 ng/mL
    Luteal 2.25 – 24.20 ng/mL
    Mid-luteal 8.76 – 21.60 ng/mL

Post-menopausal < 0.20 – 0.90 ng/mL

Pregnant Females:
    First trimester 11.4 – 41.0 ng/mL
    Second trimester 13.8 – 156 ng/mL
    Third trimester 51.4 - >200 ng/mL

32. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@Sams Mom: So what happens between 1.70 and 2.25 ng/mL? Ovulation, right? So, technically, if one'a numbers fall at 1.90, she
    could be OV... OR either at the very high end of the follicular phase (or lower of the luteal)? There is no overlap. I've always wondered this while looking data for progesterone ranges. #confusedbydata

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: it is so confusing! AND I only have tonight to make my list of questions for him... I usually have more time 😭

34. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@cyoung: ooh you’re 8 dpo today? Please update us with your test results tomorrow!!

35. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@starlitsky: Congrats!

@Kaohinani: Good to have you back!

36. cyoung

apricot / 469 posts

@starlitsky: 9 dpo today and my tests are negative so far. I'm getting some first response in the mail tomorrow so if I test anymore itll be on those.

37. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@paranundrum: Thank you! Oh, and thank you so very much for adorable message on my wall!

38. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Kaohinani: You're welcome! Pups make everything better.

39. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Kaohinani: So glad you are feeling better!

40. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@yellowbeach: Thank you! I'm beyond thrilled to be back and feeling substantially better. πŸ™‚ Being deficient in potassium is no joke. 😢

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee