Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@loki: I was just about to post that, first one! Wow!

2. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

I don't remember this with my first kid. In fact I don't remember any contractions with my first. But I am most definitely having contractions every 30ish minutes. That includes after drinking water, eating, and relaxing. Of course I also get another contraction if I get up. But each contraction makes me feel like I need to pee. Ugh.

3. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

Wow! So many babies on their way. Do you guys think maybe Lulu22 had hers too and that's why we haven't heard from her? Someone will have to start the April Mamas labor update and birth story board.

Currently getting my hair done and my feet were swelling an insane amount so my hair dresser got me a cold towel and an ice pack for them. Love her!

4. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

Oh my gosh I can't believe we have babies on the way already!

5. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

To comment on the birth control question we did nothing between ds1 and the twins - I didn't get my period back until 6 months postpartum. I think this time I'll be getting an iud since we haven't decided if we're officially done after this. If we do, then DH can get a vasectomy. However I have heard IUDs are pretty expensive so if that's prohibitive I might consider the pill again.

6. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

Oh yeah the birth control thing - we just tracked using OPKs after I got my period back. I didn't ovulate until I conceived in any event. Once we're done totally I will do the Mirena IUD because I had it before and it was amazing. The problem with pills is that (here at least) the mini pill is all you can take when breastfeeding, which requires you taking it at exactly the same time each day, which is very hard to remember to do when sleep deprived! But if we were doing a bigger gap between kids, I think the IUD is worth it!

7. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

Hi all sorry for my silence! I never went home on Tuesday... You guessed it @marionberry: the baby arrived that night (at 1am on Wednesday)... His name is Charlie James and its been a crazy start but we are all doing OK. My contractions stuck around that night despite the IV then they found that I was 1cm... Which would normally be fine except of course he was breech. It all happened very quickly then... Next thing I was in the OR getting an epidural... They attempted a version but he would not budge so they immediately did a c section. Little Charlie is wonderful but has been having some minor breathing issues so is in NICU. Luckily I got to do a couple of hours of skin to skin before he went to NICU. Hopefully he won't be in there too much longer!

Hope you ladies are all doing well!

8. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Lulu22: congratulations on the safe delivery of your handsome little boy! Charlie James is a wonderful name! So sorry to hear that he's been in the NICU since, but hoping he's released soon. Also wishing a speedy recovery to you, as well!

9. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@lulu22: congratulations! Hope you two are together again super quick.

10. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@lulu22: congrats! that's so amazing!

11. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@lulu22: Oh wow, congratulations!

12. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

And just realized @lulu22 and I are (were) due date buddies. WOW. This is getting real everyone.

13. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@lulu22: Wahoo! Congrats on your sweet baby! Glad to hear you are both doing well and I hope Charlie's NICU stay isn't long!

14. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

I can't seem to find the last EDD calendar. It'd be nice to see who else is getting close. Can whomever was updating it repost it? I guess those with schedules C-sections may want to update their dates, as well.

15. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@lulu22: I knew it! Congratulations! Your boy looks super sweet. I hope gets out of NICU soon although it probably makes recovery from your c-section easier. Rest up while you can!

16. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Astro Bee: Here's the picture version of the calendar. I guess we need to get something started for actual birth dates.

17. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: congrats! Yay first April baby. Hope he's out of the NICU soon!

18. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    4/1 – Boopers , Astro Bee
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/5 – ineebee
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/8 – Dancingbee , Brownie , anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC , loki
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS) , BCHossley
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC (#2)
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/28 - MrsCastro (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

Births
    3/18 - Lulu22 - Charlie James

19. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lulu22: congrats! I was hoping the silence meant baby had come safe and sound. Super cute!

20. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lulu22: so so happy to hear from you, I was getting worried! Charlie is BEAUTIFUL and I'm glad everyone is safe and healthy! Our first April baby congrats! Hope you get to enjoy those newborn snuggles soon!!!

21. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@PawPrints: @Banana330: Thanks! I can't wait to see the list of births fill up!

22. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@lulu22: Congrats! Welcome to the first of the April babies!

@Banana330: Can you add me to the list please? I am due April 14th and team green!

23. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@lulu22: congratulations! I hope you are recovering well and get to have Charlie at home with you very soon!

@Rockies11: I think this is the route DH is leaning towards... Keep track to prevent, but I think he is more willing to have a surprise than I am!

24. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@lulu22: congrats! I hope he is able to come home soon.

25. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@lulu22: he is precious! Congrats!

26. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lulu22: yay! Yay! Yay! Congratulations! I am so, so happy for you! He is absolutely adorable! I'll send up prayers for him and hopefully he'll be out of the NICU soon! Hugs to you!!!

27. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

@lulu22: Congrats!! He is precious.

28. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    4/1 – Boopers , Astro Bee
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/5 – ineebee
    4/6 – Lulu22 :boy:, Pawprints
    4/7 – SunshineMcC
    4/8 – Dancingbee , Brownie , anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – loki
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS) , BCHossley
    4/12 - MaryMary (#2)
    4/14 - Mrswin
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/17 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/18 – MeredithNYC (#2)
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/25 - Travelbee
    4/28 - MrsCastro (#2)

Births
    3/18 - Lulu22 - Charlie James
    3/20 - anonysquire (#2)

29. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

Is anyone else feeling like labor is close? I'm only 36 weeks on Monday, but I have all these random (and sometimes gross/tmi) possible signs - like increased discharge, way increased bowel movements (several a day as opposed to horrible, once a week constipation for most of pregnancy), lots of BH contractions (never had them with dd), and an insanely strong nesting urge.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking. Had an ultrasound today and baby is 7 pounds, head measuring 39 weeks(!)

30. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@meredithNYC: I feel like these babies will be here sooner rather than later but I also think that may be more wishing than reality. I am officially done wanting to be pregnant. The pain in my stomach and the swelling in my feet are insane and I'd much rather be up all night with twins than deal with it. At least in your case your baby seems to be perfect size already if he were to be born early.

31. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@meredithNYC: I'm feeling the wishful thinking! I just hope I don't go late, I'm worried I'll lose my mind by then. I've had lots of those symptoms but also had them since 32w so I'm pretty sure they are just late pregnancy fun for me not signs of labour!

32. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@marionberry: yeah, I definitely keep trying to remind myself to calm down since I have little control over things. But yeah, it's a relief in a way to know he's big enough that he would likely be okay. But oh, that giant head...

33. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@meredithNYC: Ya the giant head might make me a little anxious about a vaginal delivery. Luckily for me it's c-section regardless.

34. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@meredithNYC: I think I'm in this for the long haul! I wouldn't be surprised if I go past my due date, but we'll see! I can't wait for more April babies to be born

35. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@Banana330: yeah, I will be a terrible, terrible person to be around if I'm late.

@Boopers: aw, hopefully not! You're so close!

36. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@meredithNYC: I'm hoping that it is, but despite everything, could see this guy going up to or past his due date! The movement in the past couple days has been a lot more rolling than anything, which is different, and the pelvic pressure was 10X worse that its been last night - I could barely walk. Ugh! At my 35 week ultrasound baby was measuring 7 pounds and looked as though he was 37 weeks along, so while I want to have a vaginal delivery, that size makes me nervous too! One of the gals at my office just had a baby this week and he was 9 pounds, 3 ounces!

AFM, I got my blood work results back and all look normal, which is great! Though the notes in my file said "edema/excessive weight gain" and I was like, "WHAT?!!". It's probably not talking about me gaining more than normal during pregnancy and just PG weight gain in general, but ticked me off!! Still doing a lovely 24 hour urine capture that I'll drop at the lab tomorrow, but hopefully that will come back fine as well to rule out pre-e.

37. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@SunshineMcC: I have a lot of that rolling movement, too. It's a weird feeling! We can have chubby babies together, lol.

38. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

Anyone else completely exhausted. I fell asleep at 8 last night, woke up for an hour at 5:00 am and woke up for good at 7:30 am. It is barely 4 pm and I want to go to sleep right now (can't I have to pick my little guy up from school soon).

39. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@meredithNYC: I'm trying so hard not to read too much into my similar tmi symptoms. I've also been feeling kind of 'off' the last couple days, but I tell myself it's my allergies that have been acting up so I don't get too upset if I go well past my due date!

@meredithNYC: & @SunshineMcC: this baby has been measuring ahead all along too with his head in the 85th percentile. I don't know what that converts to weeks wise but it makes me nervous!

@brownie: I was just thinking how I am totally exhausted... I slept in, I have done nothing taxing, and feel like I need a nap before I can cook dinner. I'm starting to understand why all the women around me have suggested making time daily for naps... I feel like it's necessary!

40. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

Another birth here! I had to be induced on 3/19 because of preeclampsia (not as scary as it sounds! The cure is to deliver the baby!) and labor and delivery went surprisingly well! It helped that I was already 4cm dilated when they started me on pitocin! 7 hours later on 3/20, our precious baby Marcus was born! He's in the NICU now getting all the attention he needs and getting stronger and healthier! We are in love!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee