Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@ineebee: Congratulations!

2. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@ineebee: congrats! So exciting! Three baby boys so far!

3. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@ineebee: oh wow, congrats!!! So happy for you!! Keep us posted on his progress and share pics when you can!!!!!

4. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@ineebee: whoa - congrats!!

5. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@ineebee: Yay congrats!! Can't wait to hear more about your birth and sweet baby boy!

6. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@ineebee: Congratulations on little Marcus! Can't wait to see pictures. How did they know you had pre-e? From a visit or did you have symptoms and head in to the hospital? What is your little man in NICU for? Glad to hear both you and baby are doing pretty great.

7. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@ineebee: Congrats on M's arrival. I hope you get to take him home soon!

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@ineebee: wow congrats! Welcome Marcus!

9. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    4/1 – Boopers , Astro Bee
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/5 – ineebee
    4/6 – Lulu22 :boy:, Pawprints
    4/7 – SunshineMcC
    4/8 – Dancingbee , Brownie , anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – loki
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS) , BCHossley
    4/12 - MaryMary (#2)
    4/14 - Mrswin
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/17 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/18 – MeredithNYC (#2)
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/25 - Travelbee
    4/28 - MrsCastro (#2)
    Births
    3/18 - Lulu22 - Charlie James
    3/20 - anonysquire (#2) Pirate E Merlin, Ineebee Marcus

10. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@ineebee: wow. Congratulations!!

11. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

@ineebee: Congrats!!

I had my 36 week check up and u/s. Baby is measuring 6 lb 9oz right now.

Question.. Anyone taking evening primrose oil to help ripen the cervix and help with labor? I read tons of awesome stuff about it from some pregnancy sites and then found other sites that made me more cautious about taking it. I know a lot of midwives recommend it but now I am not sure.

12. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@ineebee: wow congrats! All these babies are so exciting!

Afm I'm with you guys on feeling like it's getting close. My body just feels ready. I've been leaking forever, she feels SO LOW, my pelvis is killing... But she better stay put because my husband is away this weekend and doing a terrible job staying in touch ugh. I'msure it's wishful thinking... All I know is I will be miserable if (when) I'm overdue.

13. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: I'm intrigued by Evening primrose oil too. I'm going to ask my midwife at my next appointment.

14. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

@Banana330: Let me know what she says! My OB didn't really know much about it but I would love more info.

@loki: I am not sure if my baby had dropped yet, I feel like she still moves a lot because sometimes I can hardly walk it hurts so bad and then I feel better thinking she moved so I am really scared when she finally stays put down there.. Hang in there!

15. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@ineebee: congratulations on baby Marcus! I hope he is doing okay and home with you very soon!

@Banana330: & @Mrs.Pinecone316: I accidently bought flax seed capsules with evening primrose a couple months ago and my midwives said there is very little evidence that it is effective, but they still did not want me to take any before 37 weeks just in case. I totally forgot I had them, so I'm going to start taking them today since they are considered safe in late pregnancy.

16. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@loki: sorry to hear DH isn't staying in touch - so frustrating! I was dealing with that a couple weeks ago!

I had a meltdown last night feeling so impatient waiting for baby to get here. Poor DH didn't know what to do, but a call to my mom helped and am feeling better today. Was wide awake at 5am, so got up and cleaned for an hour! Input our rock n play together this morning too. That's what we're hoping to have LO sleep in for a bit. Either that or his pack n play.

I got my breast pump kit from insurance but its super basic, and am trying to decide what else to buy to supplement. A bag, spare parts? Any recommendations? It just comes with the motor in a small bag, the piping, two shields snd two bottles. I'd appreciate any input! I know I want to get more bottles but no idea how many as am hoping to breastfeed for awhile and use bottles for a break for DH to feed him.

17. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: I'd recommend extra flanges and at least two more bottles of you want to pump directly in them. I personally prefer to pump into bottles and then transfer the milk to freezer storage bags. The target ones are cheap and work great.

18. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@loki: Oh my God, the leaking. It's so gross! I almost want to start wearing a pantyliner because it's annoying me so much.

19. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@marionberry: thanks! I made a Target run and got 3 extra bottles and 2 extra flanges to start. I'm actually starting to feel almost prepared for him to come!

I got a pedi today and went with a fun blue polish to celebrate the coming arrival of baby boy! I'm normally a neutrals gal in terms of color, so is very different for me but makes me smile every time I look down at them!

20. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@meredithNYC: loki: ugh, totally with you in the leaking! On more than indication I've gone into the bathroom wondering if it was my water breaking!

Second time moms: when your water broke, was it obvious, a gush, or more of a trickle where you weren't 100% sure it was your water?

21. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@SunshineMcC: with my first, my water never broke. Just had contractions and they broke my water at the hospital.

22. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@SunshineMcC: I knew for sure. Not at first but there was a point where it was for sure. Granted, I had two bags or something and we busted the second one at 2 am.

23. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@SunshineMcC: I have a mani/pedi booked for Monday, and I was thinking of going with powder blue. I'm so close to my EDD, so I hope it stays nice until then! Monday's also my birthday, so also have a prenatal massage booked. I've been promising myself one this whole pregnancy, but never got around to booking one. I hope baby boy holds off until then!

@Marionberry: SunshineMcC: I purchased some Kiinde freezer bags, and using the adapters, will be pumping directly into the bags. The Kiinde Twist system seems pretty handy in that you can heat up the milk and feed directly from the bags, using either their nipples or another manufacturers. I'm mostly just looking to have a small freezer stash for DH to handle some night and the occasional weekend feeds, so I think this system will be sufficient. Of note: they advertise their warmer (the Kozii) as being breastmilk friendly.

@Ineebee: Congratulations!

24. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: my doc broke my water but my understanding is that you will feel a thump or hear/feel a pop and regardless of gushing or trickling, it will be pretty consistently coming out of you!!

25. Mrs. Sunshine

My best friends and mom threw a surprise baby shower for me today! It was really amazing and wonderful and I am so grateful for such great friends....but now I'm throwing up :/. LO threw up Thursday night and hasn't been herself and has had mild diarrhea ever since so I'm betting she got me sick!

26. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@SunshineMcC: My water was a massively obvious break all over the place, but that doesn't happen very often!

@Mrs. Sunshine: throwing up when really pregnant is the worst

I am itchy itchy and being tested for choleostasis. This pregnancy has been a nightmare from start to finish, I have to say. Can't wait for it to be over.

27. Mrs. Sunshine

@Rockies11: you've had such a rough time this pregnancy! I hope you find relief soon! (well I guess technically you will, but I mean before delivery if at all possible.)

28. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: the only good thing about choleostasis is that if I do have it, I will be having this baby sooner rather than later!

29. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Astro Bee: oh happy early birthday! I have a massage appointment this week too and can't wait! I was planning on baby blue but the color was much darker, but still fun! I've heard good things about the Kiinde system.

@meredithNYC: @brownie: @Mrs. Sunshine: @Rockies11: thanks for sharing ladies! Sounds like it's not super common to break on its own.

@Mrs. Sunshine: sounds like a lovely shower, how fun! Terribly sorry to hear you're sick. Hoping that it passes very soon!

@Rockies11: sorry to hear this, keep us posted! Your LO will be here soon!

30. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Every time I see this thread pop up I assume someone is in labor now.

We are marching steadily down our to-do list this weekend. I made a ton of homemade burritos that are now in the freezer to serve as snacks/meals post-partum, DH painted the nursery windowsill where it had some water damage, and DH is almost done with his project sanding/staining/sealing our secondhand crib to match the rest of the nursery furniture. We had our second meeting with our doula today and I like her a lot. I think her counterpressure alone will be worth it when I'm in labor. She recommended picking a long movie like Lord of The Rings to watch when I'm in early labor at home, which is a great idea.

I haven't bought any accessories for pumping. All I have is the Medela breastmilk storage set (bottles, freezer bags, some nipples in a few sizes). I guess I will worry about microwave sterilizer bags and extra flanges a bit later. I don't plan to give LO a bottle at all for the first couple of weeks so we have some time there.

31. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@PawPrints: Me, too! But then again, I also wake up every morning wondering if today is THE day. I alternate bw hoping it is so the horrible hip and pelvic pain will go away, and hoping it's not, because I still don't feel ready!

When I had my 38w checkup last week, my doc said she fully expects me to go to or past my due date. She doesn't bother to check cervical dilation, unless it's requested by the patient, so I don't know how effaced or dilated I am. I just know I have a crazy amount of CM (but then I feel like I've had about the same for months), and a general feeling of restlessness, which is really at odds with how tired I feel. I seriously need a nap every day!!!

32. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

@SunshineMcC: In my birthing class they said its a small percentage of women whose waters break. Most trickle or are broken in the hospital. I just got my breast pump too. So far I only have extra bags. I figured I will just be BFing for a while and maybe I will have a better idea what I need once the baby is here I hope!

@Rockies11: Hope you don't have that but you are right, you will be induced early if you do! Silver lining.

@Mrs. Sunshine: Feel better... but yay for the surprise shower!

33. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Astro Bee: I wonder the same thing each day! I told DH I feel like every day is Christmas Eve!

I had more BH today that were really painful. They were so bad this afternoon I was sure I was in labor, but were just in my stomach, not wrapping around the back at all. We were close to calling the doctor. I downed a bunch of water and then they stopped, so I think they had to have been BH. Are BH getting more intense and/or painful for anyone else at this point?

34. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: my BH are definitely getting more frequent. I also had some insane contractions today but I think it was from being sick/dehydrated. They were really bad and I totally thought that this virus would be the thing to kick start labor but once I was able to get some water and keep it down, the contractions slowed way down. I remember with LO having a lot more painful cramps/achy legs and such towards the end and I thought everyday was going to be THE day! The end of pregnancy does that to you!

35. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: I'm so sorry you've gotten sick. Been there, done that with the pregnant puking thing and it's honestly the worst thing ever! I really hope you're feeling better. Mine started contractions too but I'm glad fluids stopped yours like they did mine.
    @Rockies11: Really hoping you're not enduring yet one other problem this pregnancy, but you're right, it's kind of nice if it means you get to see baby sooner.
    @PawPrints: We got a lot done this weekend too (well at least today). Doesn't it feel great? I think we maybe have one thing left on our list. As far as pumping goes, I only started with ds1 because I needed to create a stash for daycare. This time I'll be pumping much more (well with twins it will be necessary) but also because I'd really like to have milk saved so that I can take some time away from my child (aka date night or even errands). That's one use you might think about.
    @Astro Bee: Did what your doctor said annoy you? I'm sure my doctor thinks the same thing, but I wouldn't want her to tell me there was no chance I was going early. Are you not interested in cervical checks? My doctor only doe it if you ask as well, and I didn't last week but I fully intend to this week. I'd like to know if I've made any progress.

AFM, my son woke up Saturday at 2am with a blazing fever and wheezy cough. We treated it with tylenol but by mid-day Saturday he had a fever over 101 so we drove him to the ED. Because my son is on my husband's insurance we had to drive 45 mins to the hospital and the whole time I was having contractions about 6 mins apart. Thank God they stopped once we arrived. After hours there (and his fever had reached 102.2 by the time we'd arrived) they diagnosed with him with viral bronchiolitis (caused typically by RSV), gave him lots of meds and discharged him. So there went my productive Saturday. Today, as we cared for him, we crossed off much of the leftover tasks (like setting up our PnPs, putting the carseats in the car, etc.). I finally feel like I'm ready for the twins to get here. I can't believe my c-section is a week from tomorrow!!

36. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@marionberry: so sorry to hear your son is so sick, but glad you got him some meds and were able to get things done today. 1 week from tomorrow - wow!!! Are you so excited??

@Mrs. Sunshine: sorry to hear you are still sick. I hope you feel better soon! Water and walking around helped with the contractions tonight, so I really need to remember to stay hydrated. I hope you wake up feeling tons better tomorrow!

@PawPrints: that's great you had such a productive weekend. Love the idea of a long movie during early labor!

37. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: I am so excited. I'm really miserable so if I can't convince my doctor to let me go earlier, I am very happy to be down to only a week left. I laughed when I read today that a singleton baby is officially full term now (37 weeks) and I have two of them in there that still haven't decided to show up.

38. loki

pear / 1787 posts

i've been so awful at keeping up in here! so sorry to everyone who has been unwell... hopefully everyone gets better before babes arrive!

my best friend's shower was yesterday and i was on my feet ALLLLLLLLL DAY for it so today i am pretty miserable. only 2 more days in the office today and then i'm freeee. cannot wait.

@Rockies11: the last few days my feet and shins (and sometimes hands) have been crazy itchy and i was worried about this. when are you getting tested? my next OB appt isn't until thursday. i feel ya on wishing this pregnancy was over asap.

has a labor/announcements board been started? if not i will start one so let me know!

39. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: if you're itchy, particularly on your hands and feet, you should call your practitioner or stop by L and D for a blood test today. It takes the results a long time to get in (between 4 days to a week) so you should get it checked out immediately. The problem with choleostasis in late pregnancy is that it gets exponentially more dangerous for baby after 37 weeks, so it's important to get tested as soon as possible due to the delay in receiving results. I didn't know any of this and thought I was being paranoid, so I didn't get tested for weeks after I started itching!

40. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: oh man! that's scary! did you already get the blood work done? when do you expect results? i worry about that too, i hate looking like a paranoid crazy first time mom but i guess it's important to be vigilant. it's not CRAZY bad itching like i've read it can be and it's mostly at night when i lie down for bed. is yours all the time? is it extreme? i've heard some people scratch until they bleed! i'm not at that point yet so i am wondering if my itchiness is just from the swelling.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee