Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

wow it sounds like everyone is getting worse for wear! Sorry everyone is feeling so rubbish lately. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

I've started to notice more swelling, mostly in feet and hands but this morning had crazy puffy eyes and lips for a little bit. Trying to excessively hydrate to see if it helps.

@loki: I don't think a labour/deliveries board has been started yet.

2. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: MY LIPS FEEL HUGE!!! haha. it's so weird, i feel like they've totally gotten bigger. also... my face in general just looks so chubby. i had to get a new drivers license picture and it. is. hideous. okay i'll start a board!

3. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: worst timing for a new drivers license!

4. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: haha i know. it's because i FINALLY changed my last name so that it wouldn't have my maiden name on her birth certificate... but i totally didn't think they would take another picture. luckily it expires on my birthday this year so i won't have it long. just gotta look cute by then haha.

ok ladies i started the board:

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/april-2015-labour-amp-announcement-board

5. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Oh, I feel your misery. I got super sick during my first pregnancy around 34 weeks. Violently throwing up and just feeling like death. I hope you get relief soon!

@loki: Thanks for starting! Here's hoping we get some new additions sooner rather than later

6. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

I am not sick, but, I'm so sorry those of y'all that are! My partner was sick for the last week and a half and I've been living in terror that I'll get it. ::knock wood:: I had one day of feel vaguely gross and having a scratchy throat, but, that's it.

A downside to having a home birth is that when you're birthing, you're also hosting company. Also for all the midwife visits. Agggh!

Our house is a wreck, and I am so embarrassed about the state of things that I'm dreading our appointment on Thursday morning. At the Thursday appt all three midwives and their student come over, get acclimated to the whole house, go over our birth plan, and set up a supplies station.

I am trying to focus on doing cleaning that will be good for my overall quality of life, but, it is really shame cleaning.

7. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: yeah, one of the symptoms is that it's worse at night. Mine isn't like, scratch the skin off bad either, it's just persistent itch. Mine used to only be at night, but now it's all the time, worse at night. With my first I thought it was from swelling too, but it retrospect, I now realize I probably had it with my first too. Which is scary because I didn't have her until well into 38 weeks. I am not at all swollen this pregnancy and still itchy, so that helped tip me off this time. I thought when I brought it up with my OB she would ask if I had been googling and be sort of dismissive, but she wasn't at all, so don't feel dumb! The "cure" is to deliver at 37 weeks, which I am this Friday. We expect the results back early this week.

8. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: is it bad i'm kinda hoping i have it so i can get this baby out asap? haha. jk jk i want her to be healthy and everything to be good. i'll have to look into this, thanks for the info! i had no idea.

@lilyofthewest: i'm with you on the house. my parents emailed me saturday morning asking if they could come and i totally shame cleaned. hadn't heard that term before but i love it and pretty much describes all the cleaning i do haha. glad you're feeling good! that makes one of us i think haha.

9. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@loki: I'm glad you're looking into the itchiness... It seems to be taken pretty seriously, I mentioned that I was itchy at an appointment a few months ago and they wanted me to get my blood work done ASAP (it ended up not being choleostasis).

I'm sorry everyone is feeling so crappy I actually slept last night so I'm feeling okay at the moment. I've also realized today that even if I go 10 days past my due date I will have this baby in 3 weeks or less

10. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@loki: I just looked up choleostasis after reading this thread and now I am worried for you! I hope it turns out to be nothing, or else that they let you have the baby early and everything still turns out fine.

Oh the cleaning, I just went on Groupon and found a cleaning service that was offering a discount and booked them to come when I'll be 39 weeks. I'm not much good for heavy cleaning tasks anymore, like vacuuming the million staircases in our house, so I think it's necessary (though DH has been stepping up to fill in for my chores).

We set up our Arm's Reach co-sleeper yesterday and it looks great and kind of helps me picture what it is really going to be like with baby here finally. But getting out of bed for night-time bathroom trips was seriously difficult - major abdominal workout. That makes me worried for what it's going to be like when I'm recovering from birth. Anyone have experience with postpartum recovery and a co-sleeper?

11. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@marionberry: oh, is there a chance your doctor will let you go earlier? That would be great! Your babes must be very comfy and cozy in there!

@As Time Goes By: yay for a good night's sleep! I have one maybe every 4 nights or so. Last night I got up and slept on the couch b/c my legs were so achy!

@PawPrints: great idea on the cleaning service. I've been just cleaning on my own here and there, a bit each day - because it relaxes me and gives me something to do when I have BH, but love the idea of someone coming in and doing it all!

We have SNOW here today - after it was up in the 70's one day last week - so not fair! I was heading downtown to work today and decided mid-commute to turn around and come home - given all my contractions yesterday, I was nervous about being 1-2 hours away from the hospital (given the weather). No contractions since I've been home, but better safe than sorry, right?! Tomorrow is 38 weeks! I have my appt. on Wednesday and am really hoping for some progress beyond "soft, but closed"!

12. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Marionberry: No, I don't think it really annoyed me, but it's not something you want to hear, regardless. Baby hasn't dropped all the way down yet, so that's all she's going on. That and the fact that first babies usually go late. I'm planning on doing all I can in the next week and a half to prove her wrong!

Speaking of, my massage this morning was amazing! Love that pregnancy pillow. I really should have been going for months! @SunshineMcC: you won't regret booking your appt for later this week.

I have my mani/pedi in half an hour, so I'm chilling at Starbucks. Got my free drink and a bday cake pop (those things are like crack!). I didn't feel any movement this morning, but the chai and treat sure perked him up! Whew! I hate how my mind goes there, but he's usually so active.

Sorry to hear that everyone's been having such a hard time of it lately. @Rockies11: and @Loki: I hope you don't have choleostasis. @Mrs. Sunshine: I hope you feel better soon.

13. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Astro Bee: happy birthday! sounds like a perfect day. i went for massages much earlier on and then took a loooong break. went again on friday and wish i had been going like weekly this whole time! it was heaven! enjoy your mani pedi. i desperately need one

14. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@SunshineMcC: yeah good sleep is not too common around here anymore. On Friday I was wide awake from 2-4 am soi just got up and played on my phone until I fell asleep on the couch... I guess it's practice for a few weeks from now!

I can't believe some areas still have such winter weather. I hope it doesn't interfere with anyone getting to the hospital!

I was just called to schedule my ultrasound to check fluid levels... I get to see this guy one more time tomorrow afternoon! I've mentally prepared myself for being told I can't leave the hospital which is a crazy feeling.

15. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Astro Bee: Happy Birthday! Sounds like you are treating yourself well today - good for you! I can't wait for my massage this week - I booked one for 90 minutes, as I'm hoping it'll be my last before baby comes!

@As Time Goes By: yes, I keep telling myself it's practice too! I can't imagine what I'd do without my iPhone these days when I'm wide awake in the middle of the night!

16. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@Astro Bee: happy birthday! It sounds like you have a great day planned!

17. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Rockies11: @loki: I hope you don't have cholestasis! I was itching a lot about a month ago and they tested me for cholestasis but thankfully they said my levels were very low and that I didn't have it. The itchy went away after a while and has only recently started up again, but I'm not too worried. I hope its the same in your case! My doctor's office was quick to get me in for bloodwork when I mentioned the itching, so it's good that your office is taking it seriously too.

@Astro Bee: how fun that you are treating yourself for your birthday! I hope you are enjoying every minute of it!

Checked off another day of work. I feel totally at ease about baby coming when I'm at home, but when I go to work I get so impatient and want him NOW. It doesn't help that everyone asks me a million questions every day which only makes me want him to come even more There are a total of 4 pregnant women at work right now and we are all due in April. It's been nice having the support system, but I will secretly be jealous if they have their babies first even though I'm due first ha.

18. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

just wanted to quickly drop in to say that Charlie was discharged from NICU today and we are all at home! Not sleeping much and feeling a little anxious and overwhelmed about DH and I being all alone with him now! but I'm sure we will get more comfortable as we go along. our first pediatrician appointment is on wednesday so hopefully that will ease my mind and then my mother arrives from Australia on Friday so it will be so reassuring to have her around... we don't have any other family here so it's really just the three of us! It sounds like so many of you are feeling under the weather... sending strength to everyone for these last few weeks - I still can't believe it's only March and I have a baby at home with me!

19. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@lulu22: yay! So glad you are all home together!

20. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

Thanks, everyone! I had a great birthday! The massage was just what I needed and my hips and back feel great. I went with a really sweet blue (think Easter egg blue) colour for my nails. Interestingly enough, the aesthetician wouldn't do a paraffin treatment on my feet; not sure if there is some potential for kick-starting labour? She didn't know, but I said I understood if it was spa policy, even though me and baby were more than ready at his stage. I did get the paraffin treatment on my hands, though. So nice! DH cooked me a wonderful meal, and we had a nice, relaxing evening at home together.

@Boopers: Are you planning on working right until the end? It's so close for you; I'm sure you'll be the first! The questions were driving me crazy at work, too, but I didn't even really realize how much until I stopped working. Hang in there!

@Lulu22: So glad you are all home together. Even though I'm sure it's a little overwhelming at first, it's great that you, DH, and Charlie get to spend a few days bonding at home alone before your mom arrives. I'm sure she'll be a big help to you once she does, and it's great that she's able to come all this way so soon. Had she already had the ticket booked or did she need to change her flight to get there earlier?

21. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@lulu22: So glad that Charlie is out of the NICU and you guys are home as a family. It can take a little while to adjust as a family, especially since I doubt you had much time to adjust in the hospital because of his NICU care, but you guys will get in a rhythm quickly and it will be no big deal. Do you have a new photo to share?

22. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Boopers: I hear you on all the questions at work. Up to this point they haven't bothered me but now I alnost want to put a sign around my neck with an update: Feeling good, 38 weeks, yes I'm ready.

@lulu22: so happy to hear you're home and thst Charlie is out of the NICU. I'm sure it will be great to have your mom in town, as well as the peds appointment. Keep us posted and would love to hear your birth story if you feel like sharing! XO

23. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: My FB page is full of stories like this about the comments I get from coworkers. You're still here? Wow you get bigger by the day! Are you going to try for one more? It never ends. So ready to have these babies and get it over with. Although then I'll be hit with questions like are they identical all the time. Aaah!

Have my last dr appt tomorrow and somewhat praying she'll decide to move up my c-section. Really doubtful that will happen though.

24. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@marionberry: To answer your question from pages ago, they caught the pre-e because I went in for a last-minute visit because I saw my mucous plug in the toilet and also some blood. In the routine blood pressure check, they saw that it was elevated, so they sent me to my hospital to get the blood test. It came back positive. But even before the results came in, they also did an ultrasound on my just in case and saw that little Marcus was in the 0th percentile for growth, which means that the placenta had stopped "working" and that he needed to come out. If the nurse hadn't told me to come in to check on me when I was worried about the mucous plug, the pre-e wouldn't have been caught!

@lulu22: It's so wonderful that you're home from the NICU!

I'm still shuttling back and forth and it's been hard. But it's great to know that Marcus is getting the best care. My boobs are enormous and rock hard, and I was able to squeeze a few drops of milk out of them for the first time this morning! Very exciting.

I hope everyone's dealing with their pain and sicknesses okay. Almost there!

25. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@ineebee: Well you're proof that it never hurts to check then! I'm so glad that they did all of the tests and ultrasounds to get a clear picture of what was going on. You said you're shuttlibg back and forth. When do they perceive your lo will be out of NICU?

26. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@marionberry: It might be a while - a week or two, maybe? They want him to be able to maintain his blood sugar level with only milk (right now he's getting both milk and IV-glucose).

On the bright side, I've been able to get rest and recover some. But driving away from the hospital that first day I was discharged was brutal. The emotions hit me like a ton of bricks. "How am I leaving my baby behind with strangers??" But I'm feeling much better about it now.

27. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Astro Bee: Sounds like a great birthday!

All these massages make me want to book one!

@lulu22: Congrats on getting home. I bet it must feel slightly surreal!

@ineebee: Wow that sounds scary. Did you have any other signs of it? I can imagine it's hard to shuttle back and forth, but take advantage of the rest while you can get it.

Anyone else feel like their belly is getting smaller? I woke up this morning and I feel like it's half the size. On the other hand my weight has been rising quickly, i'm hoping it's just water retention!

28. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lulu22: awww yay, so happy you're home! youl'l figure it out and all learn from each other. so nice your mom is coming soon. send love to baby charlie

@ineebee: glad marcus is getting the best treatment possible but i imagine it must be so difficult to leave him. nice you're able to rest though before he comes home! hopefully it won't be too much longer.

@Banana330: omg i think i gained like 10 lbs in the last week. my weight gain was pretty minimal for most of the pregnancy so this has really bothered me. but i'm also hoping it's just water retention. my ankles are ENORMOUS, it's actually absurd. my belly definitely does not feel smaller though.

baby is still moving LIKE CRAZY and i thought she would run out of room by now... but she is constantly kicking me, it worries me for when she's out... cuz it does not seem like she rests/sleeps at all! haha.

29. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! DH was sick yesterday but I was feeling okay and now we've both been hit with some crazy diarrhea. Honestly, I feel like dying. I'm so hungry because I'm trying to grow a person but too sick to eat. Plus LO is feeling better (which is awesome) but that means I have all her energy to keep up with and no relief because my darling parents came over to help on Sunday and they were sick yesterday....when is nap time?

30. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: I was feeling pretty good about the weight gain too until now. It's crazy how quickly it's going up. I took a picture of my cankles last night they were so bad. I actually convinced DH to rub them and i think it helped a bit.

I think I have the least active baby ever! She frequently scares me with how little she moves. I always get the kick count, but it usually takes then entire time limit. There are some days she just barely moves. I think my anterior placenta must be blocking alot of her smaller movements still. I'm hoping it means she'll be chill once she's out but who knows!

31. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: When I had my stomach bug thing a few weeks ago I lived on toast with banana's and some peanut butter, gatorade, crackers and rice and peas for a week. I think I lost 5 lbs that week, but quickly gained it back as soon as I was drinking more liquids and not being sick.. It sucks. Hope you feel better soon!

32. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@Banana330: I've had a banana and about half a bowl of plain oatmeal. I was thinking of eating some PB but I wasn't sure if it was plain enough...I may have some later. thanks!

33. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: ugh sorry you're still feeling so awful. i can't imagine contending with that this late in the game. i still have my brutal cough that i've now had for like 33% of my pregnancy haha and that is bad enough! poor thing hope you feel better soon.

@Banana330: haha i send pics of my cankles to my friends daily. also, at the baby shower on sunday everyone was pointing them out to everyone else and making people look and forcing me to sit with my feet up. so they must be really cute

34. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Banana330: I would be happy to split the difference with you on movement. I'm not sure mine ever sleeps, and many of the movements are dramatic or hard enough to be pretty uncomfortable. I regularly get woken up by fetal movement, and he/she has woken sweetie up a couple of times too.

35. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lilyofthewest: That is crazy! I have never been woken up by movement and about 90% of the time as soon as DH tries to touch my belly the baby refuses to move.

36. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Banana330: I don't feel much and didn't with my first either. We just never did kick counts.

37. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@brownie: Thanks this makes me feel a bit better. My midwife likes to stress to pay attention to movement that normal for your baby not anyone elses. But seriously this kid is lazy, except occasional hiccups. I only do the kick counts when i haven't felt anything for ages or can't remember the last move.

38. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: i'm sure everything is totally healthy! and ya you definitely need to just compare your little one to your little one and no one else's! if all of a sudden my baby wasn't moving i would be stressed but it sounds like it's totally normal. maybe it means you'll get a much more laid back baby! lucky!

39. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Banana330: I can rarely feel baby A move but his daily hiccups are reassuring. Every time we do an NST his heart rate is fine and he's wiggly so not physically feeling the movements doesn't mean they're not happening.

I'm currently in the hospital again because my OB's NST machine was broken and then my BP has been too high so they drew pre-e labs. Just waiting to see what's next.

40. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@marionberry: Maybe those babies will be coming earlier! Hope they don't leave you hanging too long. There's nothing worse that sitting there waiting.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee