Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

@marionberry: So precious!! Congrats, so glad everyone is happy and healthy!

2. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@lulu22: I just wore dresses until it had healed a bit, and then mostly tights and loose shirts! For undies, I had these super low cut maternity briefs from Motherhood that actually sat under the incision!

3. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@marionberry: so precious!! I'm glad everything went well and that the three of you are doing so well!

I had my 39 week check today. I am 1/2 cm and 40% effaced. My doctor said "let me try to stretch you to a 1!" Which was a bit uncomfortable, I won't lie. Afterwards I had cramping and bleeding, which I know is normal, but still weird after not having a period for months and months lol. My doctor said the longest she will let me go is 41 weeks. I should be meeting my baby in 2 weeks or less! I can do this!

4. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@SunshineMcC: @Boopers: ugh, I HATED cervical checks with baby #1. So painful! I'm too early for them now, but kind of dread having them soon. On the other hand, I guess they at least make you feel like you're getting closer to the time.

5. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

So I had my 37 week appointment and my blood pressure was higher than normal. I have to go back tonight for a second check and if it's still high I'll have to go to the hospital for blood work and maybe have this baby. We'll have to wait and see. So much for my first relaxing day off work!

I haven't packed my hospital bag yet!

6. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Banana330: oh my gosh! Hope you get a couple of days for relaxing before the baby comes. I guess it's a good motivation for packing?

7. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Rockies11: yes it is! and of course I can't find the camera charger etc...

If you haven't packed your bag do it!

8. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Banana330: oh gosh! Well I'm glad they are monitoring you closely and having you come back tonight to check again - be sure to keep us posted! Are you hoping that tonight is the night, or not? Definitely get that bag packed! On Sunday when I was having bad BH contractions I told DH to pack his bag just in case - glad he did, so we're ready! Hoping the day goes quickly for you and you can rest!

9. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: I'm hoping it's not tonight... I had just started planning my weeks off, setting up lunches and visits. But if it is the day, so be it.

I've started the packing process, hoping DH will come home early and help me find some of the stuff I can't find.

10. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@Banana330: haha no time like the present... More seriously though I hope everything is okay with you and babe!

@Boopers: that sounds so uncomfortable!

My midwives didn't have my ultrasound report back yesterday at my 39 week appt. so I'm expecting a call today. If the fluid level is low then they will do an internal exam and go from there on whether they induce or try to wait. She figured things were okay since baby has been moving lots.

11. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@Banana330: oh, my! Hoping all goes well no matter what ends up happening!

12. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

Haven't been on here in forever as I've had a rough pregnancy the last few months and things have been just plain chaotic, but I just caught up reading and congrats to the new mama's!! So exciting!! Can't believe all of us are finally in the home stretch.

I had a super scary non stress test Monday in which the heartbeat dropped very fast so they whisked me upstairs to maternity in the hospital and luckily it didn't happen again and they think the baby just rolled onto the umbilical cord. Man, that was so scary. Been undergoing tests with a neurologist for extreme nerve pain I've been dealing with since January (multiple ER visits) and it's just been brutal. I'm SO done with being pregnant and just want baby girl here!!

13. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Jenn23: i was just thinking about you yesterday and hoping everything was okay since we hadn't heard from you! sorry to hear it's been so rough but glad everything is okay with baby!

@Banana330: i've also had a crazy day today! glad they're monitoring you and hope everything is okay tonight. keep us posted.

AFM... yesterday afternoon i started feeling some chest pain. i thought it might just be muscle pain and it continued to worsen so after dinner we headed to the ER. the dr determined it was just muscle pain from my coughing so i felt a bit silly but they said it was better to be safe than sorry. they did some blood work at the same time and my iron was crazy low. it's always been low and i'm SO BAD about taking my iron pills and it seems i am now paying for it.

luckily i had my 38 week OB appt scheduled for this morning so i brought her the blood work. for the first time in my life my blood pressure was elevated. she immediately sent me over to the hospital to have a NST and more blood work done. i also talked to her about the cholestasis... so she is testing for that as well. sooo spent the morning at the hospital. they said everything looks fine with baby and my blood work but my iron is still really low and they're worried about having to do a transfusion after birth... so i have to go back to the hospital on saturday for another NST and more blood work. loading up on iron now and hoping for the best

14. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: Jeez.. what's with the end of pregnancy! That's a whole lot of NST's! Good luck and keep taking your iron.

@Jenn23: Sorry you've had a rough few months. Hopefully baby comes soon.

@meredithNYC: @As Time Goes By: Thanks ladies.. I'm hoping everything will be fine tonight.

15. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@Banana330: mine isn't packed but I have a list of what to pack...I really have no where to store a packed bag (it just chilled on our bedroom floor last time) and I don't want my toddler unpacking it daily. It definitely gives me the crazies not to be "prepared" though! lol

16. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

Is it bad that I am little jealous of those of you who have had their little ones. I'm on spring break and would love to have her join me. Also I am so over being pregnant which I don't remember with my son (and he came almost 2 weeks late).

17. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

@Jenn23: How scary, glad everything is ok and good to hear from you again!

@loki: So stressful. Hope they can get your iron up and your tests come back ok.

18. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Ended up high blood pressure at the clinic again, went to hospital for NST and blood work and here everything looks good, blood pressure is lower than it usually is and baby was doing many kicks ( most Of which I can't feel). So she'll be cooking for a while longer! Whew!

19. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Jenn23: you poor thing! You have had such a rough pregnancy! Baby girl will be here soon and hopefully all your pregnancy troubles will soon be a distant memory!

@Banana330: so glad everything is looking good! I hope you can take it easy until your little one comes!

@loki: that's a lot to worry about at once!! How long does it take for the iron levels in your body to increase once you take the iron supplements? I hope you get your cholestasis results back ASAP! My doctor said it takes about 5 business days to get the results back.

AFM, I feel like I've had an easy pregnancy overall with just small annoyances. My new annoyance is sciatic pain! It started suddenly around lunch and by the time I got home this evening I could barely walk around my house. I'm hoping that it's just from baby moving positions. I've had sciatic problems pre-pregnancy and the only way it got better was going to a chiro. I decided to take the day off tomorrow so I don't make the pain worse. I'm going to try to squeeze in an appt at my chiro if possible. I feel sort of silly taking a day off so close to my leave, but I work with 1st graders and not being able to walk around at work isn't exactly an option.

20. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Banana330: yay! glad to hear it.

21. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Banana330: good news! Glad you have a bit more time!

@Jenn23: I'm so sorry to hear that things have been so rough for you! Hope you get some answers on the nerve pain and that things calm down once LO gets here. Sending you strength!

@loki: oh my, you poor thing! I'm sending you big hugs! What a stressful time! I hope your NST and blood work look good on Saturday and that the iron supplements kick in so you don't have to deal with a transfusion. Keep us posted!

@Mrs. Sunshine: how are you feeling???

@brownie: not a bad thing to be jealous at all! I'm getting ready to meet this little guy too! DH has Spring break next week and we're hoping he comes then (it'll be 39 weeks) but I wouldn't be surprised if he's late. How has your break been? Hang in there!

@Boopers: I hope you get in to see your chiro! I had some bad pain earlier this week and was able to get a massage, which really helped! Hope you can enjoy your day off tomorrow!!

No news here, but work has been really stressful this week, so am glad I get to work at home tomorrow and also looking forward to bring able to leave it behind for a few months soon!

I wonder if this weekend will bring us any more babies ?!?!

22. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Boopers: @Rockies11: @SunshineMcC: Thanks ladies. This little scare made me realize that as much as I'm totally done with pregnancy I'd really like another week or two before she comes! I'm hoping for after Easter!

23. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Banana330: I hear you on more time! I love Holy Week, and think it'd be great to have him either after Easter or on Easter!!!

24. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: SO much better. Thank you for asking!! I was finally at 100% yesterday and really kicked some butt during the day.

@Banana330: @SunshineMcC: I waver between feeling ready everyday and wanting her to stay in for the next 20 something days! This may be TMI but DH claims that he felt like something was stopping him when we DTD yesterday (he said the same thing with LO1 at the end too, which I still find weird....pretty sure no one is supposed to feel anything) and the baby feels so low, anytime I feel a cramp I get kind of excited lol

25. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Oh, so glad to hear you're feeling better! Very interesting about DTD - we haven't been there in ages, so can't relate, but am curious now!!! I get excited about any little cramp or contraction now too.

26. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

Hi everyone! Surprised no one has had their baby yet. We've been so busy and sleep deprived since the twins got here that I haven't really had a chance for HB. My blood pressure is still really high and I can't get discharged until it goes down so we're stuck in the hospital. I really can't wait to get home.

27. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@marionberry: is your BP not coming down naturally or is it not responding to meds? Hopefully they find a way to manage it soon so you guys can go home!

28. loki

pear / 1787 posts

Thanks for your kind words everyone. Glad you guys are all still doing well and baby's are holding tight. I'm currently at the hospital after my nst just waiting on the blood work. Blood pressure was still a bit elevated but better than it previously was. I asked her to induce but she said they have no beds haha.

@neekierose: looks like Ryan will be next so far! How you holding up?

29. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@marionberry: great to hear from you! How are the boys??? Sorry to hear your BP is still elevated. Any idea why? Hopefully you get to go home soon! I'm sure DH and big brother are excited for that too! How is big brother doing with twins?? I'm also surprised no one else has had their baby. We haven't heard from @neekierose so I was curious if maybe she went into labor!

@loki: glad to hear your BP is better! Keep us posted!

Am getting antsy over here, going back snd girth between wanting baby to come NOW and wanting a few more days. DH & I are doing a few remaining projects today but are pretty ready. We went and saw Insurgent last night and it was good to get out of the house. Still really cold here but should be in the 60's next week!

30. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

I'm still here! Got behind a few days on replies and then it was just overwhelming where to jump back in. Ha.

Officially made it to my due date today. It doesn't look like Ryan will be coming today. I was 1 cm at my appointment on Thursday. So maybe she will come in the next 3 days. Otherwise she will definitely be here on Tuesday!

Glad to hear all the mommies and babies are doing well! Sorry many of you are so uncomfortable; good news is all our babies will be here soon!

31. loki

pear / 1787 posts

Looks like I spoke too soon... I'm going to have cervidil placed tomorrow night! Baby will likely be here Monday!

32. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@marionberry: What a bummer that you are still in the hospital! I hope your BP gets better soon so you all can be comfortable at home.

@NeekieRose: so exciting that you'll get to meet Ryan so soon!!

@loki: Eek! You'll get to meet baby girl soon! So exciting! I'm sure you're more than ready after how you've been feeling lately!

33. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: exciting! Good luck!

34. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: crazy! Good luck!

35. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: oh my gosh so exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it!

36. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@Jenn23: yikes! I hope once baby girl is here you get some relief

@NeekieRose: I was wondering about you too! I glad all is well and you'll be meeting Ryan is a couple of days

@loki: wow! Do you know the reason they are inducing you? I hope you have an easy induction tomorrow

37. Mrs. Sunshine

@loki: what?! So exciting!

38. Mrs. Sunshine

is anyone else sweaty all day? I'm like changing shirts midday kind of sweaty...I was pregnant in the summer last time and I wasn't this hot!! And I look like Jabba the Hutt so thats fun too lol

39. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@As Time Goes By: my blood pressure was still elevated and combined with my swelling up to my knees they figuredtthere was no sense in waiting. I'm not complaining!

Thanks everyone, I'll update the labour board once I'm in hospital tomorrow night. For now lots to do!

40. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@loki: So exciting, good luck!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee