Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

Thanks everone! It sure is nice to be home with my little family!

@Astro Bee: ya, my mom was already due to fly in this week.. She was planning in being here for the birth!!

@SunshineMcC: I plan to write up my birth story so I will share once I have!

@ineebee: I really feel for you shuttling back and forth to the nicu. Its so hard. Do you have a breast pump or access to one at the hospita? My nurses had me pumping every 3 hours from day 1... At first it was just drops colostrum which I would suck up with a tiny syringe and they would feed it to Charlie. Within a couple of days my milk came in and they were feeding my milk via a feeding tube. I was told that after I was discharged, I would have access to pumps in the nicu that I could use whenever I wanted... You could ask if they have pumps avaible? The engorgement was awful and pumping every 3 hours really helped!

Here is an updated photo of little Charlie at home...

2. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: So cute and tiny looking! There's something extra adorable about sleeping swaddled babies!

3. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@lulu22: OMG he is so cute!!! Love that blanket!
    @Banana330: No more waiting. Even though my labs looked good they're moving up my c-section to tonight between 5 and 530. Everyone in my family is scrambling to get my stuff and my son/husband to the hospital.

4. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@marionberry: holy freaking moly!!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you! I hope it all goes smoothly!

5. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@lulu22: precious!

6. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@marionberry: good luck!!!

7. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: @meredithNYC: Thanks guys! Feeling a bit anxious. I can't believe I'll be a mom to three soon.

8. youboots

honeydew / 7622 posts

@marionberry: so exciting!!

9. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@marionberry: OMG yay! Can't wait to see those babies! We'll be thinking of you!

@lulu22: gah he's so sweet and squishy and perfect!

10. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@marionberry: holy crap! Good luck!

11. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@lulu22: So cute!

@marionberry: Yay, good luck!

12. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@lulu22:congratulations on having him at home! Charlie looks so precious

@Banana330: I definitely have periods of trying to make him move and start to think about the last time I felt him. Yesterday I was pressing so hard to make sure he was okay and he barely responded... Today non-stop movement. I don't get it at all.

@marionberry: wow! Good luck this afternoon. I hope it is an uneventful surgery and a smooth transition to being a mom of 3

13. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@marionberry: oh my gosh, so exciting! good luck!!! xoxox

14. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@marionberry: oh my gosh so exciting! Good luck!

15. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lulu22: OMG he is perfect!!! I love that blanket where is it from???

@marionberry: AHHH good luck I'll be thinking of you guys, can't wait to hear about your little babes!

16. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@marionberry: I step away from the internet for a few hours and stuff happens! Hope all went off as scheduled and you're recovering nicely with your two new cuddles.

17. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@marionberry: ahhhh, OMG! So exciting! Can't wait to hear from you and hoping everything went amazingly well!!!!

@lulu22: what an adorable picture! He's so so perfect, thanks for sharing!!!!

@ineebee: sending you restful thoughts and hoping LO will be home with you soon!

18. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Banana330: @loki: my ankles are so bad too. I feel like they keep getting worse and now are hurting too. I wore my uggs to work this morning, then changed into other shoes once I got into the office. This evening I couldn't get them back on. I have my 38 week appointment tomorrow so glad to have a check in. Baby is still moving so much! Last night he actually woke me up for the first time! I feel like my belly is doing nothing but getting larger. I told DH last night that I can't wait to be able to lay on my stomach again comfortably!!

19. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lulu22: ps. You have the PERFECT swaddle in the picture you posted!!!

20. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

@lulu22: He is SOOOO cute!!!
    @marionberry: So anxious to hear an update! Thinking of you.

21. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

I'll write up a birth story later, but long story short - got sent to the hospital for my NST because the doctor's was broken. When there my BP rose up past 150/90. They ordered some pre-e labs but before they were back my dr decided it wasn't safe for me to keep the twins in, when they were perfectly healthy. So she scheduled my c-section for 4 hours later. In the meantime I started having contractions and experienced lovely back labor for hours. My contractions were two mins apart when the twins were born. The c-section was pretty easy and both babies came out looking great! We're still working tonight on getting feeding down but I'm just so overjoyed to have these boys.

22. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: i am so so happy for you! Hope you enjoyed double baby snuggles all night. I saw in the other thread no need for NICU so that's incredible! Congrats lady!

23. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@marionberry: AHHH! Congratulations!! Sounds like things were a little chaotic but in the end you have your boys! And no NICU? Wow!!

@lulu22: OMG what a beautiful photo and beautiful baby!! So precious!! The NICU has some great pumping rooms and I've been able to pump there! So I've been able to pump every 2-3 hours. I just can't imagine producing enough, but the amount has been very slowly increasing. For your Charlie, how did they decide he was ready to go home? What and how was he eating?

24. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@loki: @ineebee: Ya both boys were comparable in size to my first son and had absolutely no issues - scoring an 8 and 9 on apgar. The doctors and nurses were really surprised by their size and health, esp given how small I am. We are so blessed!

Here's some photos. I couldn't move much earlier to get some good ones but I intend to do a lot of photography tomorrow. The first is in the OR with Hudson, the second is Benjamin and the third is Hudson.

25. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@marionberry: They are adorable! and I love the names! Great work.

26. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    4/1 – Boopers , Astro Bee
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/5 – ineebee
    4/6 – Lulu22 , Pawprints
    4/7 – SunshineMcC
    4/8 – Dancingbee , Brownie , anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – loki
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS) , BCHossley
    4/12 - MaryMary (#2)
    4/14 - Mrswin
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/17 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/18 – MeredithNYC (#2)
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/25 - Travelbee
    4/28 - MrsCastro (#2)
    Births
    3/18 - Lulu22 - Charlie James
    3/20 - anonysquire (#2) Pirate E Merlin, Ineebee Marcus
    3/24 - marionberry (#2+3) Hudson and Benjamin

27. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@marionberry: Aw, they're so sweet! So happy for you that you have your babies now and that the birth went well!

28. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@lulu22: What a cutie! I'm so glad you are both home now

@marionberry: Congrats mamma! The boys look great and I'm glad to hear that everything went well. Is big brother coming to meet them today?

29. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@marionberry: wow, they are beautiful! I love their names too! Such great news that they are so healthy and there's no need for the NICU! I just woke up and had to check in on you and them first thing! Good luck with feeding and can't wait to hear more!!!

30. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: they are beautiful!!!! do they look alike? can you tell them apart? twins are so exciting to me!

31. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@marionberry: Wow, they are beautiful! Awesome that you got skin to skin right away in the OR! They look like great sizes too. You did an awesome job growing those babes! If you need anything from a fellow twin mom please message me. Thinking of you and hoping you're getting some rest!

32. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@marionberry: so beautiful! and amazing that no NICU is needed! happy days bonding with your little guys.... xoxox

@ineebee: oh glad they have good pumping facilities! 24 hours before they sent Charlie home they switched him to 'feed on demand' where he took a breast or bottle whenever he wanted rather than a set amount at a set time. Once he had done well on that for 24 hours and his vitals all looked good, he was discharged. Obviously there were a bunch of steps before that such as coming of the CPAP, then off the hi-flow etc... but the 'feed on demand' wast the final test, so to speak.

@SunshineMcC: happy you like the swaddle! I love it! I copied Joy Cho from the Oh Joy blog... as I saw she swaddled her baby in Nani IRO fabric... I got the swaddle off etsy... they had darling girl colours too... https://www.etsy.com/listing/200023941/nani-iro-double-gauze-swaddle-blanket?ref=shop_home_active_1&ga_search_query=nani%2Biro

33. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@marionberry: Congrats! They're so perfect!

34. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

So i'm about 4 hrs shy of being done work until 2016! I can't wait!

35. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lulu22: ok i want 100 of those swaddles!!! so beautiful. i'm gonna order one and hope it arrives before baby does!

@Banana330: me too!!! woo! well i'm working tomorrow but from home so i barely count it congrats!

36. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: oh it will be sooo nice! good luck with your last day too!

37. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@marionberry: congratulations on the safe arrival of your boys and I am so happy that all of you are doing well!

@Banana330: & @loki: such an exciting milestone and it is so nice to not have to worry about getting up/ commuting, etc...

38. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

Question for c section mamas - what did you wear post surgery? I feel like pants will rub my incision so I've just been wearing dresses... Any suggestions for suitable pant options? Plus things have to be nursing friendly.... I have no idea what to wear. Also what about panties? I only have two of the big hospital panties left and I don't know what to do when they run out!!

39. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lulu22: thanks for sharing! How are you feeling???

@Banana330: loki: Congrats - so exciting!! I have 4 months off which is a ton here in the US, so can't imagine having the rest of 2015 off - so wonderful for you!

40. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

38 week appointment today and all looked well - still Ft. Knox up in here, so no baby news yet. My doctor said they would allow me to go to 41 weeks and then would induce, unless there was a medical reason to do so earlier. 3 weeks seems like a LOOOOONG time away, so hoping the little guy comes on his own much earlier. The cervical check was SO painful today, ugh! Swelling is still bad, but my BP is normal, so they're not concerned at this point. I also was reminded that my doctor will be out of the office next week on a staycation with his family (it's Spring Break here). So with the exception of a couple days, he will be available, but the thought of another doctor I don't know delivering LO makes me nervous and sad!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee