Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@loki: I can't believe you're having to deal with this on top of a new baby. I too left the hospital with high BP bur the meds seem to be keeping it in check. How scary for you to have to call 911 and undergo all of that. I'll be praying for you and your quick recovery.

2. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@loki: Oh my God, I'm so sorry. What an awful ordeal to have to go through when you are adjusting to life with a new baby. Hoping that your time in the hospital is short and that you are getting all the help and care you need. Does your husband have help from anyone while you're at the hospital?

3. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: that is so scary! Glad you are getting the care you need and hope you are able to see baby Gemma!

4. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@As Time Goes By: Thinking of you! How are things going today?! Any progress? You and I are next on the list! I have my 40 week appt tomorrow, and am excited to see if anything is happening. I think today will be my last day working in-office, likely will work at home the rest of the week. Am about to go out for a walk and get some lunch. Sending you baby vibes!! XOXO

5. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@marionberry: Oh what cute babies! The pictures turned out beautifully.

@loki: Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry to hear about what you have been through. I hope you are able to go home soon and that your recovery gets better from here on out.

6. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Hi ladies! Just had our 40 week appointment. Still not dilated but baby is doing well. Another appt on Friday to check in and we're scheduling induction for Sun or Mon. Keep us in your prayers that baby comes on his own soon! XO

7. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

Had my 40 week yesterday but no check. Baby is low and posterior. Having some slightly more painful contractions today but nothing serious. Have to have an ultrasound at the end of next week is she is still hanging out and can't go past 42 weeks.

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: @brownie: fx things kick start before you guys get to 41w!

I'm approaching 39w no signs of things moving yet. I did wake up with a wheezy cough on Sunday that I'm pretty sure is turning in to bronchitis or something like that. Contemplating going to see my GP tomorrow but I don't think there's much they can do. I hope it clears up before this baby arrives!

9. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@SunshineMcC: @brownie: Hoping you guys have your babies soon!

10. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

I had an appointment today (37+5) and I'm 1cm dialated. My OB is in the army reserves and has a lot of trips planned the end of this month and he's saying he wants to induce me next Friday (17th) if I'm still progressing on my own by my appointment next week. I don't really want an induction because I had one last time and just want a different experience so he said we would reevaluate next Tuesday. I'm having mixed feelings about it. I'm hoping she decides to show up before then!

11. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: oh my gosh that's so awful! Have they released you yet? I can't even imagine.

12. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: how's everything going? Have you been released yet?

13. loki

pear / 1787 posts

thanks so much for all your well wishes. it has been really rough. i was finally released yesterday afternoon. they sent me home with two blood pressure medications & a diuretic. i feel 100 times better... and better than i've felt in MONTHS. no wonder pregnancy was so rough on me, my body was breaking down. so it feels great to feel like a normal person. also i lost 30 pounds between friday and tuesday all in water weight, which is nuts. so just generally feeling great and so happy to be back home with my girl! a couple more shameless photos of her cuz i missed so many days of her first week of life!

14. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: She's adorable! So glad you're home and feeling better! 30lbs is insane!

Hope you get lots of snuggles this week!

15. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: so adorable! Glad you are home with your baby girl!

16. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@loki: your daughter is soo cute! What an ordeal you've been through, so glad you are home now and doing better.

17. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@loki: She is insanely cute! Congrats again!

18. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@loki: Oh I'm SO glad to hear that you are home and are doing OK - we've been so worried about you! Gemma is so beautiful! I'm glad you can get in lots of snuggle time with her. 30 pounds??! That is crazy, indeed, but so glad to hear it sounds like things are under control now and you're on your way to a great recovery and feeling so great! Please continue to keep us posted! Hugs!

19. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Update: our induction is scheduled for Sunday at 5pm. Hoping that LO will come on his own before then, but is nice to know it's scheduled if not. We have another check-in on Friday to see how things are going. Otherwise, the plan is cervadil and pitocin, as I'm still not dilated at all. If LO stays put, my parents are planning to come in on Sunday afternoon, so that makes me feel good knowing they'll be in town. Crazy to know that within a week, my LO will finally be here! After all the contractions at 28 & 30 weeks, I never thought I'd be past my due date!

20. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: exciting! It must be nice to have a plan going forward at least! This waiting game is killing me!

21. Mrs. Sunshine

@loki: oh my god, her little cheeks! I want to kiss them! So glad you're feeling better!

22. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@loki: oh, she is such a doll!!! I am glad you are on the mend and feeling so much better! I bet it's wonderful being back with your girl!

@SunshineMcC: so exciting about your induction! I felt the same way with all the ridiculous contractions I was having. Hopefully you will go before induction date, but if not then wishing for an easy induction and swift birth for you!

23. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: I am so glad to hear that you have been released and that you're feeling so much better! I feel the same way postpartum - I am so sick during pregnancies that by the time I am done I am ecstatic and full of energy.

24. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Banana330: yes, it is exciting!!! How is your cough? Any better??

@yellowbird: thanks! I hope it goes quickly if we gave to be induced. I've heard crazy stories about the length of time it can take!!

@Mrs. Sunshine: how far along would you need to be dilated in order for you to be induced in the 17th? If your doctor is out of town, who would deliver? Are you comfortable with that person? Hopefully she will show up on her own before then!!

25. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@brownie: how are you feeling today? I'm getting so antsy!! I'm still working but I have so little to do as other people are taking over my role at work. I may get another mani/pedi tomorrow!

26. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@SunshineMcC: ansy I just want to be done. But not terribly hopeful at this point but I guess anything can happen. Just found out little man has the genetic heart problem that my hubs has. So now we are dealing with that fallout.

I'm working but I teach one class a day at middle school. So nothing strenuous.

27. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: he didn't say. I'm fairly upset with him because I said I didn't want to be induced unless it was medically necessary (pre-e, overdue...)and instead of respecting that he wants to talk about it again next week. he has kind of forced his opinions on me a few times this pregnancy so I'm just annoyed.

28. Mrs. Sunshine

@brownie: oh man....what does that mean for LO?

29. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: not completely sure. Next step is a pediatric cardiologist. We know it limits his medication options and my limit his sports options as he grows up. We will know after the cardiologist but we of course have to make that appointment and then go to it.

30. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: that would piss me off too!

@brownie: oh no! just what you don't need right now.

I was checked and swept today at 38w5d, and the check revealed that there is absolutely nothing going on in my business. I wouldn't care as much as I do, but hoping for a VBAC, they want it to be on this side of 40 weeks. I had a fine c-section experience but I just don't want to have another one (and then another one after that, with a possible 4th one) so it was disappointing to know there is nothing going on.

31. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@loki: So so cute!! I'm very glad to hear you are doing better, what a miserable experience to go through. I hope it's uphill from here for you and your family.

32. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@loki: she has the sweetest little face! I am so glad you are home and recovery with LO! That's so scary that all of that happened. Do you think that this will give your doctor better treatment ideas if you decided to have another baby?

@SunshineMcC: so exciting! I hope that LO comes on his own before your induction.

@brownie: I'm sorry about the news you got about the heart condition. I hope you can get more information and answers soon!

@Mrs. Sunshine: that is so frustrating about your doctor!! I remember you mentioning other things that your doctor did earlier in your pregnancy that were frustrating as well! I really hope that he will listen to your concerns about the induction.

33. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: I think it might be starting to get better but keeps me up at night still. I can't believe you're still working.

@brownie: Sorry about the diagnosis. Talk about timing!

@Rockies11: You never know, you could go from zero to hero fast! Fx crossed you get your VBAC.

I'm feeling pretty done and ready for this baby to arrive. My midwife doesn't do checks until 40w so next week I guess.

34. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Banana330: Ha, I know! I don't have anything else to do though, and am able to work from home. I also have limited paid time off during my leave (only 3 weeks, plus 5 weeks of short-term disability, though only at 50%), so figure I'll make my salary as long as I can!

@Rockies11: You still have some time! Hoping LO makes an appearance soon so you can try for a VBAC!

@brownie: oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending hugs.

@Mrs. Sunshine: I'd be upset too - that is so frustrating! Hopefully your appointment next week goes better and you can have things happen as you wish!

It's storming here today, so I'm hoping the change in pressure and/or a big clap of thunder will break my water!!!

35. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

Meet Allison! She surprised us and came a few weeks early. She is tiny at 5 lb 3 oz but healthy and we are doing well. Going home from the hospital tomorrow! So in love!!!

36. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Jenn23: hi Alison! what a little sweetie!

37. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@Jenn23: Wow - congrats on the surprise delivery! And I love the name Allison. You just don't hear it that often these days.

38. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Jenn23: congrats on your tiny cutie! What's her actual birthday? I'll update the list...

39. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@Jenn23: what a sweetie! Look at all of her hair! Congrats!!

40. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

I finally have a moment to catch up... So much has been going on!

@loki: what a scare you had! It must be such a relief to be home and feeling better! Gemma is precious

@Jenn23: congratulations on Allison's arrival, she is such a cute little peanut! I hope all of your discomfort is gone with her delivery.

@brownie: I hope everything works out for the best for your son. That's certainly unneeded stress so close to baby girl's arrival.

@SunshineMcC: I'm thinking of you and hoping baby is here soon!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee