Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

Still just chilling. Contractions about 6 minutes apart. Waiting for the intensity to increase (not entirely sure what that means). We are going to a midwife birth center so no hospital. We are all just waiting.

2. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@brownie: sounds like progress!

No signs of anything here. A fairly uncomfortable cervical check indicated nothing, not dilated, can't do a sweep. I'm to keep up with the acupuncture, walking and sex apparently.

3. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@brownie: ahh, I hope you have a sweet new baby sometime tonight!

@Banana330: I've gotta get with the walking. We have a giant jogging stroller that I just don't feel like dragging out during the day and while I do other forms of exercise I know walking supposedly helps with dilation, I think I'm going to start going after we put LO to bed for the night. I went for a walk this weekend and definitely had contractions all night that night. I'm currently folding laundry on a yoga ball....APRIL BABIES, IT'S TIME TO COME OUT!

4. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Banana330: my sister decided yesterday she would be born today. But we also did acupressure things my sister sent. So maybe that worked. I think it's more magic than science.

5. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@brownie: Can she decide mine will be born soon?

@Mrs. Sunshine: I should walk more but my pelvis kills when I walk...

6. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

First nurse in public at 2 days old. We came out to dinner for big brothers 4th birthday. She's a nursing champ.

7. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

Well, I am still over this pregnancy, but looks like I will have this baby by Wednesday at the latest, via induction. I have tried everything up to this point and don't believe he will move before then. He seems very comfortable

8. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@brownie: that's awesome... I don't have the courage at almost 2 weeks, but I also have a huge over supply and forceful let down that leave me exposed for quite a while as he tries to latch!

@meredithNYC: at least there is an end in sight for you! Hopefully baby decided to come on their own.

9. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@meredithNYC: hopefully having an eviction date moves things along.

@As Time Goes By: baby no 2 gives a bit of confidence. Also my milk hasn't come in fully yet (hopefully soon).

10. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@As Time Goes By: @brownie: thanks, ladies!

11. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Hi all, thanks so much for your well wishes! I need to catch up and see how everyone is doing!

We came home yesterday and it's been wonderful to be here. I never imagined I'd be in the hospital for 6 days! LO is doing well - he had lost 10.6% of body weight as of yesterday morning so we are supplementing with formula until my milk comes in. I was really upset at first but decided that he needs what he needs, so that's okay. I think my milk is starting to come in - it looks like milk vs. colostrum, but I'm not engorged or anything, so not sure if it comes all at once in, or if it's a process? The LC has me pumping after each feeding as well to stimulate.

Our first night at home was good and today has been as well. We're finding rhythm with things. LO hasn't been peeing as much as he should (2 so far today on Day 5), so hoping thr extra formula will help. He's a good sleeper and super chill so it's been challenging to get him to wake up fully to feed. We've tried cool washcloths, massage,changing his diaper, sitting him up, etc. None have been super successful so let me know if you have any suggestions!

DH has one more week off before he goes back, so that's great. We go see the pediatrician tomorrow to check in on his weight.

I am deliriously exhausted but just as happy, so I can't complain. I told LO this morning that j may not go back to work, and just be his mama full time!

Can't wait to catch up and read about how all of you are going! XO

I've attached a few pics of my guy!

12. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@SunshineMcC: he is so sweet! W was jaundiced so I understand the super sleepy baby frustration! Have you tried blowing in his face?We just kept trying everything to wake him while he ate and I would unlatch and relatch which he really didn't like if he was too tired.

I feel like my milk came in in stages, getting thinner after each feed for a couple of days. . He refused my left side for a day because it was still colostrum while the right was milk and much easier to get. I didn't get engorged until a few days after my milk came in. Good luck at the Drs today!

13. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@SunshineMcC: These pics are killing me and making me so excited to meet my baby boy! Hope the weight check-up went well and that feeding issues are becoming easier. I had a super tough time with feeding my first LO and waiting for my milk to come in felt like it took forever.

I am being induced tonight and a little worried since I went into labor with my first naturally. I downed a bunch of castor oil this morning and I'm hitting the red raspberry leaf tea pretty hard. I'm losing my mucus plus, so hopefully that means things are pretty close anyway and the induction won't be too long.

14. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@meredithNYC: good luck tonight!

15. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@meredithNYC: good luck tonight! I started losing my plug thurs morning and was in labour by Friday morning!

16. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@meredithNYC: good luck tonight!!

17. Mrs. Sunshine

I had an appointment today at 39+6...dialated about 3 cm so he did a membrane sweep but for some reason he said he was doubtful it would work and scheduled me to start Cervadil tomorrow night at 6. I took some castor oil earlier today....my membrane sweep was around 1030 and my last dose of castor was around 3. I've been having contractions about 4 ish minutes apart for about an hour now....maybe she'll come tonight!

18. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: ooh fx for you!

19. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Dancingbee: @BCHossley: @MaryMary: @Mrs.Pinecone316: @Rockies11:
    How's everyone else in the 40+ wks club doing? Did I miss anyone's news, or are we all still waiting?

40+4 is going decently for me. I feel enormous enough and cumbersome enough that I'm worried I'm getting less ready (at least in terms of being on top of household stuff like laundry and having groceries).

Otherwise, just feeling some regret about having used so much leave already. I've been off work since 38+3. I'm trying to remind myself that regardless of when baby decides to show up, I needed to be done working then. I was so exhausted by the end of the day, I wasn't able to take frequent enough food or pee breaks to feel good, and I only had one pair of shoes that I could painfully kind of cram my feet into.

@Mrs. Sunshine: I'm guessing you *do* have an announcement for us but have just been a little busy. Hoping for an update soon.

20. Mrs. Sunshine

@lilyofthewest: no news got to the hospital to start the Cervadil to find out that I was a cm more dialated and 70% effaced so my doc said to screw the Cervadil and just start me on Pitocin at 5 in the morning. I'm kinda mad. I hate the hospital. It's unconfortable to sleep here, they want me to stay on the monitors all night so it's hard to move around plus I only got 4 hours of sleep last night. I'm exhausted and wish I was at home. Hopefully I'll have my sweet girl to hold tomorrow before lunch!

21. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: How frustrating! The hospital is a terrible place to sleep or even rest very well. Wishing you speedy progress!

22. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@lilyofthewest: I am being induced at 41 weeks. So far nothing exciting to report. It's uncomfortable, but not too painful, no regular contractions yet.

23. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: that sounds so frustrating. Will they give you something to rest? Stay strong and good luck

24. BCHossley

apple seed / 2 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

25. Mrs. Sunshine

@brownie: they didn't....but I also didn't ask. It's currently 345 and they haven't come in since 11 which is way more uninterrupted time than I got last go round so I guess it isn't too bad. My mom will be here in about 15 minutes and the induction starts in an hour!

26. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: good luck!!

27. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: good luck! I hope you have baby in your arms soon!

28. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: good luck!!

29. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Anyone else have a cluster feeder? She's 7 days old and I swear every night eats from 10-2 constantly! She then will sleep for 5 hrs but the constant feeding is driving me nuts!

30. Mrs. Sunshine

Thanks ladies!!! They started the Pitocin At 5 am...my water broke on its own around 830 and Sydney Grace was born at 945 am after about 3 or 4 pushes!!!!

31. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: congrats!

32. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Banana330: every hour last night 7 to 7. But that is good.

33. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

My major problem these days is that I am apparently allergic to breastfeeding. I have hives from head to toe that flame up when feeding and immediately after.

34. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: yay! congrats! finally!

35. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: wow congrats!

36. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@brownie: it's insane! I can't believe you're getting hives, that's a strange reaction...

37. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Banana330: that's what the midwives and gp say too. I have a midwife appt today and an allergist Monday.

38. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: congratulations!!

39. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Banana330: This is my life everyday! Same time frame as well usually 10pm to about 1:30 am

40. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Congrats! Sounds like things went really well for you

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee